[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is electronic the 2nd largest grouping after Western Art Music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: untitled.png (46KB, 1173x824px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
46KB, 1173x824px
Is electronic the 2nd largest grouping after Western Art Music?
>>
>>52890778
No, because metal is as broad a categorisation as electronic. It encompasses everything from feelgood Eurovision sing-alongs, to avant-garde impenetrable guitar feedback loops.
>>
>>52890798
It's just a shitty rock sub for kids not even as varied as just techno alone.
>>
>disco
>avant-garde <3
>electronic
>>
>>52890849
Of course.

I forgot hip hop too.
>>
>>52890810
>It's just a shitty rock sub for kids not even as varied as just techno alone.
>mfw people actually think this

Are you seriously saying that Sonata Arctica and Deathspell Omega are even close to the same thing?

Also, the whole 'for kids/fedoras/whatever thing is just falling back on a meme in lieu of any kind of argument, analysis, or even anecdote.

But I don't know why I'm bothering anyway, you just sound like some thuggish "clubber" going through a too cool for metal phase.
>>
>>52890941
Yes, all just rock.
>>
>>52890964
1/10 b8
>>
>>52890964
>Yes, all just rock.
Obviously haven't listened to either. That would be writing off harsh noise and pop-dance as stylistically the same because they're ''both computer music.' The musical aims and concepts of something like Drudkh are entirely different to those of Fallujah, for example. The fact that they're both made with guitars doesn't change that at all.
>>
>>52890999
>>52891020
Still just rock. This isn't even up for debate, all metal is part of rock, it's a fact.
>>
>>52891048
>Still just rock. This isn't even up for debate, all metal is part of rock, it's a fact.
It's still rock, but that's completely useless in terms of analsysing or understanding the music. The fact that they share the same historical label doesn't change any of the actual concepts or ideas behind the music, and for you to not accept that is just intellectually dishonest and backwards thinking.
>>
>>52891106
>facts are dishonest and backwards

Okay m8
>>
>>52891126
I've taken the bait haven't I...?

Nobody can be this stupid.
>>
>>52890778
It's just divided into narrow subgenres. It's not really more varied than guitar music.
>>
>>52891155
No, you are proving quite well how stupid (and delusional) some people can be.

Metal is the same as any one of the genres in electronic.
>>
>>52890778
electronic has more crossover into every genre than including classical and jazz.

Depends what you mean by western art music too.

'Art music' as a term is fairly broad and is applied to a broad range of genres and musicians, but the term 'western art music' is often used to describe western classical music. I'd say a lot of electronic music falls under the categorization of 'art music'
>>
>>52891106
>it's still rock, but that's completely useless in terms of analysing or understanding the music
Same with electronic music
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.