[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anybody on /mu/ into trance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Is anybody on /mu/ into trance?
>>
File: trance.jpg (647KB, 1742x873px) Image search: [Google]
trance.jpg
647KB, 1742x873px
I used to be really into it
>>
>>52690208
Wow, it looks that you have huge knowledge about trance, can you recommend me something? I'm kinda newfag. It's the only record I have, bought it today.
>>
>>52690348

check out a lot of the stuff I have there. This is what was left behind after I deleted ~75% of the stuff I had, so its all the "cream of the crop" for me

I stopped caring about trance around 2004 so I am not up to date with anything after that

As you already know, trance is best found through compilations and labels, so

>compilations

Global Underground/Nubreed, early Tiesto's ISOS 1 to 3, Sasha and Digweed's Northern Exposure 2 (Eastcoast ED is my fav mixed CD even though is mostly breaks/house) but check their other mixes,

>labels

early Ministry of Sound, Boxed, Platipus, Hooj Choons, older Perfecto Records (its cool to hate on Oakie but the guy was legitimately good back in the day), Black Hole....
>>
>>52689977
Unfortunately only J-Trance (which is not a genre but you know what I mean).
>>
>>52690542
Thanks a lot, mate! If this thread will stay alive I will post few words about how I liked these.
Do you know this record I've posted?
I think trance deserves a thread on /mu/!
>>
>>52690578

just listened to it, its alright, a bit too bare for what I'd call good trance music

don't get too disheartened when you find it difficult to find good trance. A lot of producers released one or two EPs then disappeared, a lot of labels had the same fate, and the sound varied depending on country/label and year. I'd say 1996-2002 was the best years, followed by a decline which it hasn't recovered from. And even in the best years, there was A LOT of shite being pumped out by labels

That's why DJs and compilations are the easiest way to find the best tunes. They sort through the stuff, and if you find a Dj you like, you then can find other tracks you like, then the labels of said tracks etc....
>>
>>52690716
Thank you very much for this tutorial. I'm going to try compilations you've mentioned right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpdX1ggmvkw
>>
>>52690208
>>52690542
Trance is fucking awful. No wonder you shit up /bleep/ so much with taste that bad.
>>
>>52690815
What the fuck is wrong with trance?
>>
>>52690815

grime is so much better bruv innit ; ^ )

>>52690802

my second fav Nubreed. First one is Satoshi's

also remember that during the prog phase of trance (around 1998-2002) a lot of it crossed over with prog house, so you will find a lot of tracks that could be considered both prog trance and house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLmOHfjLVWM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuKY78zzrOw

(Note: those 2 tracks have been speed up a bit so it sounds better. Speaking of which, a lot of house/trance from back then was released with the expectation that it was going to sound better at ~1-2% faster, in the hands of a Dj, so a lot of tracks might sound a bit too slow in youtube but much better once speed up a bit)

also, listening to the compilations in a linear fashion (from first to last) will show you how the sound evolved. You can see it how much it evolved from say, Oakenfold Global Underground 1 to Tenaglia's GU 09.
>>
>>52690922

ignore him, he's an inbred Londoner who listens to an awful dead genre that has been in "revival" for 8 years
>>
>>52691069
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuKY78zzrOw
Man this is so good.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.