[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Is Pharrell a house nigger?" - DIRECT QUOTE f

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9

File: Pharrell.jpg (43KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Pharrell.jpg
43KB, 512x512px
>"Is Pharrell a house nigger?" - DIRECT QUOTE from Pitchfork

lmao get owned

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/631-new-blackness-pharrell-kanye-and-jay-z-and-the-spectre-of-white-aspiration/
>>
File: 23464563252.jpg (100KB, 473x750px) Image search: [Google]
23464563252.jpg
100KB, 473x750px
>>52688502
I wish I was baped up like pharrell
>>
>>52688502
It's okay the writer is black
>>
>>52688576
>Pitchfork
>black writers

wrong.
>>
>>52688576
Black dude here, that's still an insult. It's like calling a black guy an uncle tom
>>
File: safyphoto-274x274.jpg (18KB, 274x274px) Image search: [Google]
safyphoto-274x274.jpg
18KB, 274x274px
>>"Is Pharrell a house nigger?" - DIRECT QUOTE from Pitchfork

Good thing it came from a woman of color, otherwise P4K might get in trouble. Pic related. It's the first image result when I Google the writer's name.
>>
>>52688615
>Craig Jenkins
>Safy Hallan Farah
>>
>>52688615
What's it like to get BTFO'd two posts below yours?
>>
>>52688627
>implying pharrell isn't Uncle Tom as fuck
Look at him tomming around on camera like some castrated housepet
>>
>If you're not making ignorant bix nood trap music you're a brainwashed uncle tom house nigga
>We know better than you

Reminds me of the white guy who was claiming the Mastodon video with twerking in it was "racist" and "opressive" until the dancers from the video wrote articles defending it to shut him up.
>>
It's actually really cringe-worthy when they write shit like this.
>>
I used to be a pitchfork defender, but all this leftist pseudo-intellectual shit is making them just another shitty music media source in my eyes, like Rolling Stone and NME for the hipster generation.
>>
>ever taking p4k seriously
>~2012 or so
>>
>>52688502
>specter of white aspiration
>it's racist to aspire to be civilized
>>
lately its like pitchfork listened to kanye 'CAN WE GET MUCH HIGHER' but then did the opposite
>>
>black people still spouting off how people "act black" or "act white"
Which fucking is it you retards? One moment you're crying about racism and how all people are equal but on the other you're bitching about a black person "acting white" or being an "Uncle Tom." If you truly believed that everyone is equal then you would know it is actually racist as fuck to think that certain races can only act in certain ways. WE'RE ALL ONE FUCKING HUMAN RACE.
>>
>>52688631

I bet she dates white guys.
>>
File: hurs.jpg (3MB, 4444x4263px) Image search: [Google]
hurs.jpg
3MB, 4444x4263px
>The New Black doesn't blame other races for our issues. The New Black dreams and realizes that it's not a pigmentation; it's a mentality.

So Pharrell is extremely redpilled, and wants to stop the infantilization of his people by white liberal "allies" who seek to remove all agency from black people by telling them that none of their problems could POSSIBLY be related to culture.

So Pitchfork calls him a nigger.
>>
>>52688843

>we're all one race!

Did you just graduate middle school?
>>
>americans complaining and refusing the idea of personal responsibility and then whining some more

nothing new here
>>
>>52688843
Breaking news, the media pushes bullshit race issues all the time because it brings in the shekels.
>>
>>52688843
>WE'RE ALL ONE FUCKING HUMAN RACE
>it's racist to think that races tend to act certain ways
Race is tied to culture. Destructive forms of black American culture didn't also spontaneously emerge in white populations, even in disadvantaged white populations.
>>
>using one of the few black staff in your company to call someone a "house nigger"

I see you Pitchfork.
Should have used Craig to be honest, at least it would have been a funnier article.
>>
File: Android grooving.jpg (48KB, 576x864px) Image search: [Google]
Android grooving.jpg
48KB, 576x864px
>>52688843
>>52688851

>white people not getting the point

Did you skip over the Jay-Z quote.

>In Jay-Z’s Decoded, a memoir that doubles as a lyric book, Jay-Z seems to rebuke Pharrell’s philosophy, saying:

>It’s crazy when people think that just because you have some money and white people start to like you that you transcend race. People try this shit all the time with successful black people, even with someone like me who was plenty black when I was on the corner. It’s like they’re trying to separate you from the pack—make you feel like you’re the good one. It’s the old house nigger-field nigger tactic.
>>
>>52688877
>completely unrelated insult
It's okay bud, you tried.
>>
>>52688946
To be fair, that kind of mentality is taught in middle school and younger
>>
>>52688927
So successful black people shouldn't be comfortable around successful white people because those white people are secretly trying to make them house niggers? Jesus christ that's such a load of bullshit. If you honestly think like this you need to get the fuck over yourself. YOU were never a slave, so you don't need to feel so agitated around whites. They were never fucking slave owners either.
>>
>h...hey black people why aren't you fulfilling your racial stereotype? W...why won't you remain dependent and subservient?

>>52688817
Underrated as fuck
>>
>>52689038
There's a line between being comfortable and negating your race. Your blackness (or whiteness or whatever) is part of your personality, and it's understandable that you don't want to lose that.
>>
>Literally saying "you have to act a certain (negative) way to be a real member of X race"
>This somehow isn't considered racist or at least demeaning
>>
>>52688901
No shit, /pol/ here. I was there during the Zimmerman days. Before then I had no idea how much bullshit the media could get away with. I'm shocked that mainstream media sources can just outright lie to the masses in order to get their ratings up. It's surreal.
>>
>>52688671
The site is still white as fuck and I wouldn't be surprised if a white guy wrote and they stuck someone else's name on it to save face.
>>
>>52689038
>So successful black people shouldn't be comfortable around successful white people because those white people are secretly trying to make them house niggers?

Are you fucking Jay-Z and in his position?

No?

Then stop being pretentious.
>>
>>52689071
>There's a line between being comfortable and negating your race. Your blackness (or whiteness or whatever) is part of your personality
No, it's really not. Everyone is a fucking individual and race should not define a single thing about other traits you possess. There is no such thing as possessing "blackness" and it's fucking racist to think so.
>>
>>52689110
So you just turned 15, back to your board anyway
>>
>>52688927
jay zs a fucking black supremacist fuck that nigga and fuck you
>>
>>52689156
Someone's mad. Jay-Z needs to get some therapy for his paranoid ass if he thinks evil rich whitey is trying to turn him into a house nigger.
>>
>>52689175
Fuck off faggot, he's contributing more than you to the conversation.
>>
File: 1335834288091.jpg (35KB, 348x358px) Image search: [Google]
1335834288091.jpg
35KB, 348x358px
>growing up, people tell you that race doesn't exist and everyone is the same, race is only skin deep etc...
>present day, people tell you that if you don't follow specific racial stereotypes you're betraying your race, which is an inescapable part of your identity
>>
So we've established that Pitchfork "reviews" are just a tool to shape and mold the hipster zeitgeist, but what is the purpose of this drivel?
>>
>>52689222
this. what the fuck, black people? which is it that you want?
>>
File: le conspiring hands.jpg (2KB, 132x92px) Image search: [Google]
le conspiring hands.jpg
2KB, 132x92px
>>52689222
And in 5 years when this trend dies off, something else "controversial" will take its place.
The only thing you can do is learn to ignore it. If you get called racist by strangers on the internet, so what?
>>
>>52689071

>Your blackness (or whiteness or whatever) is part of your personality, and it's understandable that you don't want to lose that.

I'm black (not African American though) and I've never thought of my "blackness". In fact, I think the eternal "us (blacks) vs them (whites)" is what keeps black people in some sort of trap they haven't been able to escape all these years.

I am friends with other minorities and the 'race' thing never comes up until is an African American turning a joke (or a situation) into a racially-motivated thing. I've never heard a white person putting much weight on their whiteness for example.

The whole "African American" thing feels to me like a burden they don't want to get rid of, and I'm glad I wasn't raised in that culture
>>
>>52689071
>Your blackness (or whiteness or whatever) is part of your personality
No it's not. There's no such thing as "blackness" or "whiteness." Being a part of a group in some way does not automatically mean you think or act the same way as them.
>>
Why is it that black people all seem intent on holding each other down? Whenever one black person has the nerve to do things like be a productive member of society and integrate well with other civilized people the other blacks call them things like uncle tom and house nigger?
>>
>>52689071
Not really.
Most African (like, actually from Africa) people act more like standard white people, and a lot of young whites act like average (American) blacks.
Race doesn't entail anything.
>>
>>52689322
>Why do people look down on others for being different?
>>
>>52689322
>Whenever one black person has the nerve to do things like be a productive member of society and integrate well with other civilized people the other blacks call them things like uncle tom and house nigger?
>>52689281
>In fact, I think the eternal "us (blacks) vs them (whites)" is what keeps black people in some sort of trap they haven't been able to escape all these years.

Great points.
>>
>>52689322

>the other blacks call them things like uncle tom and house nigger?

don't kid yourself, from my own experience, white people do this too, they just aren't as bold and direct as black people, and in much less numbers

>wow you're really well read/educated for a black man
>you don't "act/dress black"

I've been told this many times by white people, a lot of them well educated (supposedly)
>>
>>52688502
ive done a good job completely ignoring everything Pharell the past hand full of months since i last heard Happy
i think the rest of you should- idk what im even saying
this dude is inescapable
pure evil
>>
>>52689349
Yeah, being rich and successful is different than the average person's life, but acting like wanting to be successful is somehow acting white then you are honestly clueless...
>>
>>52689322
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality
My theory is that most blacks are scared of being held to the same standard as whites, because a majority of them are complete drains on society (polfedoraedgy). When an intelligent black person starts acting too civilized (fake ass uncle tom oreo ass house nigga) they try to bring them down by saying that they're not "real" black people, to distance themselves from something other than mediocrity. Since many white liberals can't get pop culture's black dicks out of their mouths, they've hopped on to the train, and look what happens.
>>
>>52689384
Those white people don't know how racist they're actually being by saying something like that.
>>
>>52689417

you do know this happens in virtually every ethnicity?

mexican gang members when a member of their family wants to go to college

white trailer trash when Jimmy Bobby wants to earn an education

you're the only making it a "black issue" and yes, you are a /pol/tard
>>
>>52689384
I just think its odd that a race would have such a self destructive mentality amongst themselves. Whites hating blacks and blacks hating whites is dumb, but you can at least understand the logic that leads to it, even if its wrong.

I just don't get why blacks hate it when their own people do well. You'd think they would be happy.
>>
>>52689472
>mexican gang members when a member of their family wants to go to college
>white trailer trash when Jimmy Bobby wants to earn an education
I bet they're families wouldn't accuse them of doing that just because they want to act white. Especially not Jimmy Bobby's. So it's really the blacks making the issues over this.
>>
>>52689506

>I just don't get why blacks hate it when their own people do well. You'd think they would be happy.

please read

>>52689472

Stop thinking this is a "black" thing. Every poor segment of every ethnicity ever thinks this way. Blacks are well represented in the "poor" category, so you see their examples more, but this happens all across the board.
>>
>>52689472
>white trailer trash when Jimmy Bobby wants to earn an education

Speaking as someone who comes from a really large redneck family, I've never experienced this mentality. All the white poor trailer trash I know is extremely proud when their kid is the first one in their family to go to college.
>>
>>52689472
Quid being so paranoid, not everyone who you disagree with is from muh /pol/ boogeyman.
I agree that it does happen in every race, I never said that it doesn't. But it does happen the most with blacks, purely due to the median being lower than that of other races (not to say that there aren't plenty of successful/smart black people).

It's stupid in every case, everyone should try to be as productive as possible, but generally the lowest common denominator is large enough to inspire a herd mentality when it comes to "he's better than us, he's fake in X way".
>>
>>52689539

>I bet they're families wouldn't accuse them of doing that just because they want to act white.

What they say is completely irrelevant to the point. If Martians were the successful ethnicity, blacks would call any aspiring black a "martian wanna be"

The point is that Crab Mentality happens in every population ever, and not only in blacks like you're implying
>>
>>52688502
the author is black so its ok :)
>>
Wow, the first Pitchfork article I mostly agree with. What universe am I in?
>>
>>52689541
>every ethnicity acts like they are betraying their race by going to college

This is a bold faced lie. Don't get mad at us because your people are mostly terrible.
>>
>>52689557

and speaking from a large poor/low middle class black family, I've never experienced this myself. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
>>
>>52689571
I haven't noticed the "(sucessful race) wannabe" accusations in any other race.
Like >>52689557 said, most impoverished whites are happy when their family members succeed, and although I don't have a lot of firsthand experience, there are countless successful Hispanic people, and the "they're not true Hispanics because they're not living the thug life" mentality never seems to be common, especially not enough so to become a mainstream social "issue" like it is with blacks.
>>
>>52689589
The one where you're wrong and a dumbass.
>>
>>52689720
Or maybe the one where you didn't read the article at all?
>>
>>52689762
I did. Read the thread through again.
>>
>>52689322
>I didn't read the article: The Post
>>
>>52689794
I skimmed the thread and it's just a bunch of sheltered people asking questions they don't want answers to.
>>
>>52689281
I disagree strongly. Growing up in this culture, you hold onto your "blackness" growing up. It's an inescapable part of my identity. But most of my "blackness" has been attributed to me by white people. It wasn't my choice.
>>
>>52691126

that's why I said

>The whole "African American" thing feels to me like a burden they don't want to get rid of, and I'm glad I wasn't raised in that culture

It's cool if you like it and feel like its part of your identity. I personally think its a burden and as I said, I'm glad I was raised as just a person and not "black".
>>
>>52691126
>>52691171
>>52689281

The whole insecurity of the black experience comes from feeling marginalized as a minority. I think what upsets African Americans (I'm African American) is the fact that their cultural input is used and sometimes venerated, but institutional racism still exists.

I don't think my blackness needs to amount to me being apart of some cultural monolithic slab that adheres to certain values and gets offended by everything, but at the same time I'm not gonna pretend that the black experience (that I fortunately wasn't harshly affected by overall) isn't a difficult one.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAKDvAGB6i4
>>
>>52691364

>I'm not gonna pretend that the black experience (that I fortunately wasn't harshly affected by overall) isn't a difficult one.

very good point
>>
>>52691421
please die
or just stop posting
you are shitting up everything mr dreadlocks
>>
ok white people
>>
File: White People Understanding.gif (944KB, 479x281px) Image search: [Google]
White People Understanding.gif
944KB, 479x281px
>Generalizations
>no mention of the entire country being founded on a 400-year institution of slavery
>Only two lifespans have passed since then
>reparations since then were terrible -did no one learn this in high school?
>institution of slavery became institutionalized racism
>Pharrell completely glosses over all of the ONGOING racial problems in this country by saying his success is proof that anyone can ~transcend~ everyday race problems
>THAT'S why other black people are mad
>Not cuz he's successful
>>
>>52691466
I'm white and everything this guy said is on-point. it's really sickening that the /pol/ mentality is still lingering.
>>
>>52691466
>bad things happened in the past, so we deserve our destructive culture
>>
>>52691126
>>52691364
Yeah I agree with you two. But just like the "field nigger/house nigger" stereotype, the "uppity nigger" image was created to diminish the needs of the black person. Just because I tell someone that what they said is fucked up and weird doesn't mean I'm "offended." I'm just trying to tell you what's what so someone else doesn't beat your white ass.
>>
>>52691558
fool you only know there's a race inequality problem because of some shit you've seen online. THAT'S how good you have it. You have no clue what we're talking about or see everyday.
>>
>>52691525
>I'm white

OH THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT, I NEVER WOULD'VE GUESSED OTHERWISE.
>>
lol niggers smh
>>
of course a black girl would say this
>>
>>52688631
>racism is okay as long as its from the same race

liberalism at it's finest
>>
Honestly the black community is so happy for everyone that has a chance to get out of the town and follow their dreams and shit do any of y'all have any idea WHY this was controversial?
>>
>>52691466
What are you supposed to do? Hold a grudge/blame others for your problems?

Pharrell is a success, because he worked hard at his craft, and is reaping the rewards now. Anyone can be a success if they work hard, realize YOU are responsible for your life, and doesn't carry a sense of entitlement. The world owes you NOTHING, YOU are responsible for your life, not anyone else. Blaming your problems on others is loser talk.
>>
>>52691718
its finest*
>>
>>52691718
You didn't read the article at all, did you?
>>
>>52691627
>we be unequal, so that justifies causing 90% of all interracial crime
>>
File: 3cc.jpg (156KB, 655x606px) Image search: [Google]
3cc.jpg
156KB, 655x606px
>>52691780
>he thinks that anyone who would use the term "liberal" as a derogative puts any research whatsoever into their opinions before loudly proclaiming them online
>>
>>52691760
That's all true though. Pharrell worked hard and long to get to the level of stardom and success he has today.

The point is that just because you attain that level of success, it doesn't give you the authority to say that racial inequality has been conquered. That's a straight up, bold-faced lie.
>>
>>52691860
>racial inequality has been conquered
Where did he say that?

And how is it possible to "conquer" inequality? How do you intend to make people start being equal?
>>
>>52691364
Blacks don't experience fucking hardship this day and age, they just use that shit as an excuse because they know if someone calls them out on it that person will be socially shunned.
>>
>>52691860
And SINCE Pharrell said it. Now it's a part of the national argument. Everytime I have this discussion someone has to bring up some dumb shit that a celebrity says that somehow trumps everything.
"But Pharrell and Bill Cosby said that black people just need to pull up their pants and stop being being self-defeatist!"
Like okay I see your point but that is soooo not the problem at hand.
>>
>>52691466
YOU HAVE NOT FUCKING SUFFERED, YOU WERE NEVER A SLAVE. IF YOUR RACE CONTINUES TO FEEL SORRY FOR ITSELF THEN YOU'RE ALL FUCKING DOOMED ANYWAY.
"Institutionalized racism" is bullshit. Black people really don't have it that fucking hard.
>>
I'm honestly disgusted with pitchfork for publishing that article and very offended.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.