[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/prod/ - music production

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: lunga ft.jpg (16KB, 419x401px) Image search: [Google]
lunga ft.jpg
16KB, 419x401px
>first of the year but not the skrillex song edition
Post your bleeps, discuss others' bloops. Learn why your DAW of choice is shit and why analog is superior or inferior to digital.

Stuff:
Sound Synthesis and Sampling (book):
http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/20999348/file.html

Intro to Synthesys (video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atvtBE6t48M

NEW! Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/uFfrL0WN
>>
>>52536274
>analog is superior or inferior to digital.
actual string and percussive instruments > that shit.
>>
File: keys.jpg (189KB, 736x491px) Image search: [Google]
keys.jpg
189KB, 736x491px
ha ha
time for bleeps
>>
Anyone got more books? Anyone come across some weird/different samples lately?
>>
What do you guys think about sample-based grooveboxes like the MC-303? Would it work ok for getting an idea of hardware workflow?
>>
What /prod/ stuff would you guys get with a $50 ebay gift card?

Looks like there are sample packs on ebay, but ebay is untrustworthy as fuck for digital stuff.
>>
Is ACID by Sony a good DAW? I was considering purchasing it as it was rather cheap.
>>
File: 256.png (23KB, 489x423px) Image search: [Google]
256.png
23KB, 489x423px
>you will never own a mellotron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrXtmKGkSa4
>>
>>52537549
There's not a whole lot outside of digital stuff you can get for $50, I'd try replacement parts or mods for your gear or maybe a bunch of cables because you can never have too many
>>
>>52537593
my grandpa has one.
It's not really a big deal, sadfrog.
>>
How do I into modular synthesis?
>>
>>52538389

be a rich German

>>52537576

no, stay away from it
>>
>>52537593
Why would you want one?
>>
Thread's kinda dead.
Guys share your stuff.

>>52538389
learn2electronics
>>
>>52537705
Yeh, I got some cables and adapters.

You'd trust samples from ebay?
>>
>>52538892
>buying samples

happy 2015, retard
>>
Do you have any tips for composing tunes?

I get great beats and awesome samples but I don't know how to move from there. If I add an instrument or something it starts sounding like shit and I get frustrated and delete everything. Care to share any advice?
>>
>>52539468
learn harmonies
>>
>>52539468
what do you mean you get great beats and awesome samples?
>>
>>52539468
What I started doing and really helped me is literally puting the tracks I like on the playlist in my DAW and trying to mimic the drums and then looking at the scheme, how the rhytm changes etc.
>>
hey bros so I made this: https://soundcloud.com/bojangles-5/reveries

i'm looking for feedback on the overall production. this was the first beat I've ever made so I'm pretty happy with it but i'm looking for some tips to improve my mix.
>>
File: bojangles.jpg (98KB, 500x742px) Image search: [Google]
bojangles.jpg
98KB, 500x742px
>>52540120
>bojangles-5

Track is weird. I didn't enjoy the mix a lot, the strings are too loud.
>>
>>52540327
yeah the strings are pretty frustrating. on my monitors they sounds great but on my headphones they sound loud. I also don't like the snare that much but it might be track fatigue from listening to it over and over lol
>>
Does anyone know how to get their stuff to sound ominous and cavernous like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y10924MkAHQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krEw04YvFcY&index=2&list=PL168CEF258BCA717F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl3gdkC2Xrk&list=PL168CEF258BCA717F&index=6
>>
>>52540462

lots and lots of delays/tape delays, filters......

I've accomplished similar stuff by taking a "rich" kick and time-stretching the shit out of it

experimentation is the name of the name nigga
>>
File: Snooper1.png (142KB, 601x445px) Image search: [Google]
Snooper1.png
142KB, 601x445px
>>52537931
Yeah I guess so. After owning one a year or two I'd probably wake up one morning, look at the massive POS taking up 1/5th of my room and drag it out into the dumpster.

>>52538611
I have a problem with collecting electroacoustic shit, especially if it's industrial-sized and so obsolete that everything it does can now fit on a smartphone.

Hammonds, interference-tube microphones, mellotrons, etc
>>
I'm searching for a drum machine to make sum glitchy fast-paced beats (a-la Autechre) that go along my minibrute / other plugins and stuff. Of course I'd want to create my own samples by twisting and playing with the sounds a bit.

Been thinking about an Elektron's Machinedrum UW but maybe an MPC is better choice? Someone who really digs drum machines care to help?
>>
i suck

im done

i give up
>>
Looking for feedback on this track.

https://soundcloud.com/m_ahc/supercrowd
>>
I'm new to producing. I'm looking to buy a keyboard to play on, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of the options.

I use Logic and all I really need is to have a proper keyboard instead of having to use the keys on my laptop. At least I think that's all I need.

Do I need to have all those configuration knobs on the keyboard itself when they're available on my DAW?

What do you think? Advice? Recommendations?
>>
>>52540800
Don't anon
>>
>>52540911
>>52540680
I haven't any answer for you but i'm interested
>>
>>52537593
I work at a place that has 2. Try changing the tapes a few times and you will want the digital recreation.
>>
>>52540911
before I even had my own reliable computer to produce on I bought an electric piano to learn to play on, and like most it came with midi , so now it's also a controller for me. If you want knobs go ahead, but idk how much use they would be in the long run
>>
>>52540911
you don't need the knobs, some people do prefer to have physical ones though. Matter of preference. Just make sure if you want it for just keys, you get enough. I made the mistake of getting a 25, but would have preferred a 61/76.
>>
>>52540911
The knobs definitely help. Get a 49 key keyboard, no less. I use the alesis QX49. It's pretty good for the price, you even get 4 pads, although they aren't the greatest. M-audio are a pretty common starter keyboard. I think the knobs are worth it. It's a lot more convenient not assigning everything to 1 or 2 knobs.
>>
>>52540120
mostly samples? It's cool, where did you get your kick?

>>52540828
actually kind of dope. maybe slightly sidechain the start of every bar, because when that sample comes in the kick loses it's presence
>>
>>52540120
The kick is really cool. How did you get that stereo production from the sample?

You did it all from DAW or analogue equipment?
>>
>>52541141
>mostly samples? It's cool, where did you get your kick?

the kick is taken from the track and I layered that with a punchier kick I found in a dilla sample pack. thanks for listening :)
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 480x360px
Hey guys, I'd totally appreciate some feedback on the track I'm working on. It's not finished, so any suggestions as far as the form and the direction of the song helps too.

I can offer some advice concerning gear/music technology in general if anyone needs.
>>
File: hhhhhh.jpg (60KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhh.jpg
60KB, 480x360px
>>52541401

Well it would help if I posted the link... Here it is:

www.soundcloud.com/ayarkay/2917a
>>
>>52537576
>Is ACID by Sony a good DAW

use any DAW that you feel comfortable with
>>
reminder to start using clyp.it
>>
>>52541428
really wonky, without being cheesy sounding, pretty good m8
>>
>>52541260
yeah i used ableton. i seperated the strings and the bass into seperate audio channels and eqed them appropriately. if you check out the original sample the kick and snare are much quieter. I sampled the drums in the song and boosted them up and then pasted them over the loop. probably an unorthodox way of making a beat but it worked well enough
>>
How to make whatever he does with the sound at 25:15 25:22 25:27 25:34 etc?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6x2vTKeU2s
>>
>>52541141
>maybe slightly sidechain the start of every bar, because when that sample comes in the kick loses it's presence

Yeah, I just noticed that. Thanks for the feedback though, really appreciate it.
>>
>>52541807
Anyone ever do a song a day challenge? I did it for a couple weeks almost a year ago. It's really helpful especially if you're just starting out or using new equipment. Great thing is that they don't have to be great songs, just using new stuff you find in your equipment.
>>
>>52541940
starting that this weekend actually
>>
>>52541940
completing a song each day? how do you guys do it?
I want to hear the final results
>>
How do you get that riser sound in trap music? Like in I'm in love with the Coco, and countless other tracks.
>>
>>52542070
>trap
don't
trap is fucking dead and I don't think you'll do just for the music
>>
>>52541940
Sometimes I do the reddit sample challenges, they have them in /r/edmproduction, and /r/makinghiphop.

Inb4 >reddit. It's a good place to find samples. It's important to work quick, and make throwaway tracks. It keeps things loose. I know I try hard to make tracks perfect, and sometimes that causes me to lose momentum.
>>
>>52542155
I'm just curious how to. Chill m8. I don't even make trap. I was just curious how to do it. I have too much ADD to be a trend follower. If my tracks sound like everyone else, I don't get excited enough to finish them.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.