[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never been on /mu/ before. i worry that discussing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: download (2).jpg (15KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
15KB, 284x177px
I've never been on /mu/ before. i worry that discussing music will somehow ruin it, i consider myself a music buff. i'm into all the "cool" shit. the "unheard" shit. i'm drunk as fuck. and i fucking love this song. i don't know why. its simplistic, its poppy, its formulaic, theres nothing special about it at all but for some reason it just strikes a cord with me. its so... folksy . and kind of irish (?). there aren't words for how it makes me feel its like the first time i heard the beatles or bob dylan. i know its not a "good" song but... god damn. this is the only place i could admit this and the only place i ever will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmSbXsFE3l8
>>
fuckin pleb
listen to shoegaze
>>
>>52025846
this is what concerned me. that you would be /tv/ with music. i know its a shitty song but... come on theres SOMETHING there. i can't be alone.
>>
>>52025798
>>52025867
>goes to /tv/
>get shit on
>comes to /mu/
>gets shit on
the universe is trying to tell you something anon
>>
>>52025889
i dunno i stopped going to /tv/. i just needed to let someone know i fucking love this song since no other human in my life can ever know.
>>
>>52025909
you sound like a retarded little cuck
>>
>>52025798
nothings wrong with poppy music or simplistic music

as long as music is built with inspiration and passion then its good, even better if its breaks boundaries (not generic)

I think this song is a great song, catchy straightforward in a good way, emotions shine clearly
>>
>>52025798
>>52025867
>>52025909
>>52025983
all me btw
>>
>>52025867
uhh /tv/ loves pleb shit. /mu/, on the other hand can actually dish out a decent overall taste. I've never seen /tv/ come to a consensus on anything because it's literally plebs with the occasional patricians popping in to the more serious threads. here, you can find decent music discussion in probably over half of the threads. don't shit on my board just because you want to be a pleb and be accepted, go to reddit if you want to be pandered to.
>>
File: cap.jpg (1MB, 1491x1331px) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
1MB, 1491x1331px
>>52025997
>>
File: capture.jpg (10KB, 145x83px) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
10KB, 145x83px
>>52026032
FUCK i meant to post this to you>>52025997

if your into meal op check out some of these if you want
>>
>>52026015
...aaaaaaand filtered.

Thanks.
>>
>>52026068
see, my board loves me!
>>
>>52025997
it wasn't all you though. it was some of me and some of other anons and you know it. just be cool man if 4chan could have one cool board it should be /mu/
>>
>>52025798
>i consider myself a music buff
Who's your favorite composer?
>>
>>52026015
>>52026032
>>52026053
>>52026068
>>52026122
>>52026262
>>52026276
all me btw
>>
>>52026276
0 consideration for composer. and proud of it. please don't make music a science. its art. don't do what /lit/ did to books or /tv/ did to movies just fucking consume and absorb man its not about other peoples opinions or science
>>
>>52026330
>please don't make music a science.
How do composers make music a science?
>>
>>52026330
>please don't think
hells yea plebe on normie-shit-taste
>>
>>52026330
this is the worst post I have read in months
>>
>>52026330
Get a load of this moron
>>
>>52026346
ok. i want to do some damage control. 1 i'm realllly drunk. 2. this is my first time here

and i just see concerning yourself with the composer as the equivalent to concerning yourself with the director on a film. it doesn't matter who did what as long as the product provided you with something. its art. i'm not asking you to like the shitty song i posted, just please please please start taking music at face value, because thats all it is. it has nothing to do with reputation. and i'm done here, because as i suspected, studying/discussing music will just ruin it. i'd rather be a happy pleb than a cynical patrician
>>
>>52026446
holy fuck pls post moar
>>
>>52026446
>i just see concerning yourself with the composer as the equivalent to concerning yourself with the director on a film
So, essential.
>>
>>52026446
Do you have a favorite artist?

Because having a favorite composer is literally the exact same thing.
>>
>>52026466
its not. what the film made you feel is more important than who made the film. a director with a shitty track record can make a decent film. i'm done posting though for real this time. I respect that i'm out of my element here and that you guys got your own community here.
>>
>>52026446
>start taking music at face value, because thats all it is
do you even know what you mean by this? do you understand that many of us, and many other music fans, listen to music in a different way than the average person? do you know what being an artist entails? or are you just taking it all for granted? please go try and create something and then tell me that taking it at face value is what music is about
>>
>>52026330
>>52026298
>>52026068
>>52025909
>>52025867
>>52025798
Honestly, this is the worst thread I've ever seen. The level of nuanced shitposting, you must either be a master troll or a fucking oblivious retard
>>
>>52026446
So like, if someone asked you what bands you like, would you have that same response? Cause it's pretty much the same fucking question, you goddammed idiot.
>>
File: they see me nolan, they hatin.jpg (238KB, 867x1300px) Image search: [Google]
they see me nolan, they hatin.jpg
238KB, 867x1300px
>>52026446
>concerning yourself with the composer as the equivalent to concerning yourself with the director on a film
t.
>>
>>52026550
i just mean take each song as its own. or album if thats how its set up.
>>
>>52026446
I think you're taking the concept of death of the author a little too far, and misunderstanding the concept in the first place

>I don't want to know the name of the guy who made Blonde on Blonde. If I was concerned with this, that would somehow imply that the overall quality of music could be determined objectively
>>
>>52026735
That's something we could all agree upon, but that's an entirely separate thought than "It doesn't matter who made a piece of art" and it doesn't follow from anything you've said
>>
>>52026730
that's true though

the rest of his post is bullshit, but that statement alone is fine
>>
>>52026749
it doesn't matter who made it. it stands as its own.go listen to music instead of just liking what /mu/ tells you too. you already do. you have some shitty pop song you fucking love and pretend you don't. even to yourself you change the channel when it comes on the radio or pretend to be oblivious when someone mentions it.
>>
>>52026749
>taking the concept of death of the author a little too far
It shouldn't be taken at all. It's postmodern shit that only strengthens the hedonistic consumerism of works of art.
>>
>>52026735
that's a very vague statement. can you explain without sounding so simple-minded?
>>
>>52026877
I don't have guilty pleasures, it's a fucking stupid concept. I'm proud of everything I like and I will defend everything I like.

"It doesn't matter who made it" is an entirely separate thought from "it stands on it's own". Of course music stands on it's own. When I listen to a record, it has my full attention. I'm not thinking of anything other than the music most of the time. But how does the artist not mattering follow from that? If I greatly enjoy Blonde on Blonde, it's reasonable to say I enjoy the work of Bob Dylan, and maybe I will enjoy Highway 61 for example. That isn't being told what to like, it's respecting the creator of a piece of art that you do in fact enjoy at face value.

You're making a lot of baseless assumptions that I would love to see you attempt to back up in your next post
>>
>>52026535
>muh feels are more important, everything is subjective
Look at this consumerist excuse.
>>
>>52027020
no defense brother. just like music and don't make it a "thing" i don't know how to put that into words. i don't belong on this board and i'm sorry for posting.
>>
>>52027052
> just like music and don't make it a "thing"
hey what a surprise! you sound exactly like a pleb!
>>
>>52026463
>holy fuck pls post moar

I have gone through various feelings while reading and i arrived to your post with the same conclusion.

OP please post more.
>>
>>52027052
I think you're trying to say to not use music as an accessory or something to that effect?

You don't need to be sorry, friend, just try and gain some self-awareness. Just because you aren't able to articulate your opinions on music doesn't mean others aren't able to and that they can't enjoy doing it
>>
>>52027129
>you aren't able to articulate your opinions on music doesn't mean others aren't able to and that they can't enjoy doing it

thats not the point at all. it doesn't need articulation, its art. it's about emotion.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.