[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this sound to normie/pleb ears? If I showed this to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: cover.jpg (48KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
48KB, 800x800px
How does this sound to normie/pleb ears? If I showed this to a random person would they like it? Maybe the more accessible songs like Billy Not Really and Black Quarterback?
>>
If you're gonna play Death Grips for a pleb, play something like Get Got or Takyon first
>>
>>51774581
I showed it to my kinda pleb brother who happens to like Bjork, and he said it was okay, but that probably means he will never listen to it again.

I also hope they release instrumentals, like they have for all their other albums.
>>
>>51774609
Is Hacker not the most accessible DG track?
>>
>>51774609
Spread Eagle Cross The Block is actually the more accessible song... some of my friends liked it.
>>
>>51774637
I FUCK THE MUSIC I MAKE IT CUM
>>
>>51774631
Nope, starts with a skit

My vote goes to Guillotine, I want it I need it, or Lord of the Game
>>
>>51774631
I almost typed Hacker but I just didn't. It would work though

>>51774637
I'd argue that it's not that accessible because of the immediate SPREAD EAGLE CROSS THE BLOCK yelling
>>
lol, typical death grips fan, thinking they're above people that have never listened to them.
>>
>>51774631
more liker beware or i've seen footage
>>
>>51774659
>>51774631

>not i've seen footage
>>
>>51774631
I think that goes to the fever
>>
What is most accessible DG song that isn't on ExM or TMS?
>>
>>51774747
You might think he loves you for your money but I know what he really loves you for it's your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat
>>
>>51774581
To normie ears, up my sleeves would sounds like a joke almost, so rediculously art they think it's hardly even music. Kind of like most peoples reaction to modern art
>>
>>51774761
Anne Bonny is more accessible.
>>
>>51774761
>intro is a high pitched screech that could be considered harsh noise
yahnah, not even most accessable on GP.
>>
>>51774581
Depend to whom you show it to. I showed it to this girl who listens to weird stuff like Die Antwoord and she likes it, and I showed it to a guy that listens to Christian Rap and he just laughed when I showed him a song from TMS and thought it was a joke.
>>
>>51774798
>>51774780
>they thought I was serious
lol
>>
My pleb friends when I show them notm
>idk wtf that was
>this stuff scares me man
>it's just too crazy
>that stuff makes me wanna jump out the window
>>
I don't really get when people describe death grips as inaccessible
>>
>>51774824
Go walk out on the street and play them for the first five people you see
>>
>>51774839
Yeah but what is it that turns them off? Just the vocals? A lot of their beats seem like they would be universally enjoyable.
>>
No. You can't show plebs any DG song and expect them to like it. DG isn't a pleb/patrician band, they're a you like them or you don't band.
>>
>>51774864
>they're a you like them or you don't band

this can be said about literally every artist/band/group ever. what a pointless thing to say.
>>
>>51774863
It's mostly the yelling and the abrasiveness
>>
File: 0e7.gif (220KB, 280x199px) Image search: [Google]
0e7.gif
220KB, 280x199px
>>51774824
>Death Grips
>not inaccessible
You probably also think Clipping is entry-level, accessible hip-hop, don't you.
>>
>>51774881
Don't play dumb you know what the fuck I mean. Whenever I show someone DG they either love it or hate it, never any in between.
>>
>>51774686
Dang you're right
>>
>>51774581
Sounds like shit
>>
>>51774896
for those that are already into noise and other shit like that, clipping is very accessible, same with death grips. accessibility is not a bad thing anon, get over yourself and your shit taste.
>>
>>51774631
I've seen footage or maybe hustle bones
>>
>>51774896
I don't consider their music particularly challenging. I think most people I know who like hip hop would enjoy clipping.
>>
>>51774908
My friend said it was "different", probably to be polite.
>>
>>51774915
I never said accessibility in music was a bad thing, moron. Death Grips and Clipping both have certain elements to their music that are accessible, but that doesn't make their music universally accessible. Especially to people who have only ever listened to straightforward hip-hop or top 40 pop music.

But hey, at the end of the day it's really all up to the listener to decide I guess.
>>
>>51774581
i showed this 2 my friend and he said it was acid listening music. agreed with him, first time i did acid i actually listened 2 DG and this album came on and he was on the money.
>>
I have experimented with Death Grips at a gym, I am in control of the music a lot of the time.

It began with songs like Deep Web, I've Seen Footage, You might think he loves you for tour money..., Takyon mixed in with the music that appeals to the plebs. They all accepted it, slowly I added more songs over time, all in a play list so they were never close to each other.

Eventually I played the entire albums outright, with the most anti pleb songs skipped. To my surprise people accepted it and even enjoyed it and asked who it was.

I think it worked because I eased them all into it.

I've thought of making threads like the planetarium guy to decide what music to play.
>>
>>51774609
I'll vouch for Takyon. I showed my friend that and got him hooked on Death Grips (especially after I explained the music video to him).
I'll tell you one thing, Voila sure isn't acceptable. I showed my gf that. She broke up with me a week later.
>>
>>51775006
Probably wasn't worth it anyway.
>>
>>51774581
>How does this sound to normie/pleb ears?

Experimental, good, interesting, artist of the decade. normie/pleb ears love to pretend the /mu/ version of ICP is anything but a hobo shouting over brostep.
>>
>>51775020
This is so epic. Words cannot describe how epic this is.
>>
File: 1417220781536.png (120KB, 634x467px) Image search: [Google]
1417220781536.png
120KB, 634x467px
>>51775006
>I showed my gf that. She broke up with me a week later.
Voila
>>
File: tep kok.png (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tep kok.png
1MB, 640x480px
>>51775006
>Voila sure isn't acceptable. I showed my gf that. She broke up with me a week later.
fucking kek dude

But all jokes aside though, fuck her. You could do better than some bimbo who would literally break up with you over something as seriously petty as your taste in music.
>>
>>51775011
She literally only listened to top 40 radio and hated like 90% of my music. I realize after everything she was a fucking pleb and if she didn't break it off I would've eventually.
>>
>>51775030
She actually broke up with me because I was being "clingy," but I'm pretty sure she was fucking some other guy because literally the next day my friend saw her making out with some guy in public. I just thought that would be a funny coincidental anecdote.
>>
>>51775024
T-thanks
>>
>>51774631
Back in 2012 when I was a pleb on leddit I found Get Got and hated it. But Hacker fucking hooked me in faster than I could say Damn...
>>
Death Grips is not as inaccessible as you guys make them out to be.
>>
>>51774631
I heard hacker on a commercial for the mercury awards so yea.
>>
>>51774609
Takyon would make someone hate them
>>
>>51774804
>showed it to a guy that listens to Christan Rap
i'm sure 'TRIPLE SIX FIVE FORKED TONGUE' would go down well
>>
It's all accessible. Literally Linkin Park fans could listen to DG given how similar the two bands are.
>>
>>51776663
gonna show DG to the linkin park fans i know the next time i see them
>>
>>51775006

>especially after I explained the music video to him

what did you explain?
>>
I never really liked NOTM that much to be honest. It isn't as sonically pleasing as the rest of the albums, it feels too "experimental" I guess.

That being said its a great album, but I just can't enjoy it.
>>
>>51774821
>that stuff makes me wanna jump out the window
>glass breaks
>GP starts

illuminati?
>>
>>51775057
Look at you now though! You've departed from reddit onto the hardcore 4chan! You're a real man now!!!
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.