[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Beatles were the most influential rock band ever but are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: the-beatles-pic-pa-703378395.jpg (298KB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
the-beatles-pic-pa-703378395.jpg
298KB, 2197x1463px
The Beatles were the most influential rock band ever but are highly overrated, right?
>>
>>51496905
i believe this is a completely fair statement
>>
>>51496905
>The Beatles were the most influential rock band ever
Yes
>but are highly overrated, right?
I don't think so
>>
>>51496905

They created pop-rock and ruined music forever.
Why did they have to exist?
>>
>>51496931
elvis, chuck berry, little richard, jerry lee lewis created pop rock
>>
>>51496931
all rock music is pop

all music you listen to is pop

pop is an era of music like classical and baroque before that
>>
Just post the fucking scruffy pasta and get it over with
>>
>>51496942

Fair enough. But they made it reach critical mass.

>>51496957

Pop music existed way before classical.
Do you think mud-covered peasants listened to Bach?
>>
>>51496984
God fucking dammit, I went about a month without seeing this meme and assumed it was finally fucking over, but I guess not. You just HAD to post it once again, didn't you? You felt SO fucking inclined to bring this cancerous piece of shit back to the face of this board, like it was your God given duty or some shit. This meme isn't even funny, m8, like seriously. It's fucking annoying, just like you. Every time I see this shit, I want to strangle the guy responsible for posting it, and that guy just happens to be you. So congratulations, you are officially a fag. I swear to God if I ever see this meme again I'm gonna bang my head against a wall. It's the most assinine thing on the planet, it's not entertaining, it's not funny, it doesn't even make any fucking sense. It's just a waste of space. This post could've gone to something that could actually have contributed to the planet, or even just this board, but no. Instead, it has to go to this fucking meme.

Please, just go outside or something. Find something better to do with your life than posting shitty memes that aren't even funny on a fucking image board for Chinese cartoons. Your mum's getting tired of you living in her basement.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>51496997
elvis reached critical mass long before beatles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMmljYkdr-w
>>
>>51497027

I don't think he has had as big an influence as the Beatles, worldwide.
>>
>>51496905
It's hard to quantify influence. It really depends on what specific music you're looking at that's the recipient of the influence. If we're talking in absolutes for no reason, I'd wager that the Velvet Underground had a more important influence on pop music as a whole, at least looking at genres like: post-rock, alt-rock, punk, post-punk, indie, krautrock (and electronic music as a result), experimental rock, noise rock, dream pop

The Beatles cultural influence is undeniable. I think their musical importance is overstated, but I'll save that for if anyone actually wants to discuss that
>>
>>51497057
But he has sold almost the same amount as The Beatles
>>
>>51497070

Maybe Elvis sold his albums in more concentrated areas?

There'll be faggots praising the Beatles in Uganda despite never having heard any of it.
>>
>>51497091
>There'll be faggots praising the Beatles in Uganda despite never having heard any of it.

dude thats the same with elvis

he has one of the most recognizable faces ever
>>
>>51497070
Why are you conflating record sales with influence? Simply reaching more ears does not mean they influenced "more"
>>
>>51497107
im not talking about influence

the guy was talking about how the beatles were the first to make rock music critical mass, but they werent
>>
>>51497070

That doesn't really matter

The Beatles were pioneers and did a lot of different shit while Elvis only stuck to generic rock, blues and country music
>>
>>51497100

The Beatles look much more like faggots. Can't I blame them for the demise of music as an artform?

Elvis looked cool. Kind of.
>>
>>51497125
im not talking about influence see >>51497119
>>
>>51497119
Missed that, carry on

>>51497125
>a lot of different shit
Like what? Besides reverse guitar, what did they definitively pioneer, not including Martin's studio trickery
>>
>>51497150
Nothing.
Only sincere reply you'll get, watch the beatledrones start making up shit about vocal harmonies from the 40's.
>>
>>51497022
Thanks for the new pasta.
>>
>>51497150
>what did they definitively pioneer
>things "music fans" actually say
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2676x2440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2676x2440px
>>51497211
>implying it's new
>>
>>51496997
>what is folk music
>>
>>51497243
Well, new to me.
>>
>>51497150

>Besides reverse guitar what did they pioneer

One of if not the first band to ever use sampling in their music
Pitch and time manipulation
Multitrack Recording (arguably shared with the beach boys)
On top of this they were the first band to ever make a music video and the first band to make a concept album
>>
>>51497216
Nice greentext mouthbreather, care to answer his question?
>>
>>51497280
>Not including Matin's studio trickery
Thanks for confirming, they were a fucking boy band, glorified barbershop quartet and nothing more.
Thanks Martin, you were the best band in the history of pop.
As for the Fab Four they can suck a raw unedited dick.
>>
File: shrug2.jpg (69KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
shrug2.jpg
69KB, 560x407px
>>51497437

>techniques attributed to the beatles because they were in the beatles songs and the beatles worked with martin to create them (martin didnt do the whole fucking thing himself you know)
>b-but it's all martins trickery!
>>
>>51497280
>One of if not the first band to ever use sampling in their music
Musicians have been doing this since before the 60s (musique concrete). If you want to say they were to first to use samples in the pop song format, then that would be June 1st, 1966 if wikipedia is to be believed.

James Tenney, 1961

>Pitch and time manipulation
Chuck Berry

>Multitrack Recording
>arguable shared with the beach boys
If they arguably shared it with the Beach Boys, I'm not counting it as the Beatles definitively pioneering it.

>On top of this they were the first band to ever make a music video and the first band to make a concept
album
This depends on definitions, but Elvis for music video
As for concept album, Frank Sinatra, Mothers of Invention, and the Beach Boys (arguably) did it first.

And remember, I said BESIDES STUDIO TRICKERY
>>
>>51497461
>implying the beatles created anything.
you mean George Martin and the Faggots from Liverpool, I still can't believe people actually think they did anything at all.
>>
I don't know about much, but the Beatles wrote some fucking untouchable songs:
>Across the Universe
>Yesterday
>Fool on the Hill
>A Day In The Life
>With A Little Help
>In My Life

and, IMO, the greatest song ever written
>The Long and Winding Road

I can't even imagine being able to come up with that progression and melody. I know Spector handled the arrangement, but still, they wrote a multitude of songs that could single-handedly propel any band to stardom as a "one hit wonder". They just knew how to write a fucking great pop song.
>>
File: RevolverBack1[1].jpg (350KB, 1342x792px) Image search: [Google]
RevolverBack1[1].jpg
350KB, 1342x792px
>>51497130
>The Beatles look much more like faggots.
Wrong again.
>>
>>51496905
I believe that they're overrated in the sense that many people legitimately believe it's blasphemous to speak ill of them, and the fact that their heavily romanticized lore often overshadows their actual music, resulting in people speaking about them as if they were untouchable deities. That said, I have no problem with people saying that they're the greatest and/or most influential band of all time, because that claim has a lot of merit.
>>
>>51497494
>They just knew how to write a fucking great pop song
Unfortunately that's all they knew how to do. A good band that wrote some of the best melodies of the 60s. Backed by Martin's genius they were unstoppable. But I hesitate to call the Beatles a great band when compared to their contemporaries.
>>
>>51497130
>demise of music as an artform?
>>>/classical/

i'm redirecting you because i know people like you are impossible to argue with.
>>
>>51496905
I honestly don't get the attractiveness factor

is it just because of their youthful faces and hair?

because none of them are legitimately good looking or handsome
>>
>>51497577
well then, you're probably stupid.
>>
>>51497481
wow you are so le edgy
>>
>>51497626
No you are
>>
>>51497626
>m-muh beatles
>>
File: paul wink.gif (597KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
paul wink.gif
597KB, 500x303px
>>51497600

>paul
>not a big qt
>>
>>51497635
I'd rather be edgy than a mediocre boy band dickrider.
>b-b-but they invented sampling
Pathetic.
>>
>>51497660
he isnt tho

like on the real he looks like your average male
>>
>>51497577
>their contemporaries.
name bands better than the beatles from their time

>inb4 beefheart
>inb4 mothers of invetion
>inb4 velvet underground
be original this time please.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.