[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: feminine ambient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: a0134746122_2.jpg (55KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
a0134746122_2.jpg
55KB, 350x350px
ITT: feminine ambient
>>
>>51486331
didnt know this was a thing. lurking because I wanna get into ambient more
>>
>>51486365
it's not exactly a thing. like not an official thing anyway
>>
is feminine music happy music, or just "bright colored"?
>>
>>51486331
thats sexist in a pretty obvious way. the only thing someone could do is post that chart that shows which bands are listened to by how many of each gender. if someone has it, post it. then OP can delete this thread
>>
>>51486797
;^)
I know we're b8, but there are people who actually do this, is there a way to talk without people getting sexually victimized?
>>
>>51486759
um... soft, brightly colored and happy i guess. not droney imo, that kind of ambient comes from constant harshness
>>51486797
i dont think its anymore sexist than saying floral print or disney movies are feminine. plus i'm listing it as a desired quality
>>
>>51486331
>>
You'd best better not be shittalking Lullatone, OP.
>>
>>51487528
how am I? I love lullatone
>>
>>51486331
I wouldn't call this feminine.. more like soft.

well, it's softer than most of robot science's bleeps.
>>
post more female japanese electronic and ambient producers thnx
>>
All ambient is feminine because it is supposed to be background music and not in the forefront of what is going on.
>>
>>51487761
Sometimes people use feminine as an insult, and I just wanted to be sure you weren't. Can never tell through text. Have they done an EP for spring yet?
>>
File: sevenfield.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sevenfield.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
Seven Fields of Aphelion - Periphery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygd8cOdXqhE
>>
>>51486331
Tokimonsta, it's more along the lines of chill beats, but I think yer gonna like it.
>>
Anything by Grouper

Jonsi & Alex - Riceboy Sleeps

Jana Winderen - Energy Field
>>
>>51489084
>guitars
>feminine
Guitars are a phallic instrument of the patriarchy
>>
Most of this stuff is really good. I've been looking for relaxing music lately and this is really great.
>>
>>51489084
anybody got a download? i want to not forget this and know i will otherwise
>>
>>51489450
There's not really anything feminine about her music other that it's made by a female.

Related criticism (not that what I just said was a criticism): "Beat scene" fanboys who always have to mention how beautiful she is are creepy as fuck. I'm trying to avoid giving this a SJW tinge but being a woman in the electronic music realm sucks. Only a few are really taken seriously and they still
>>
>>51490964
funny how that is considering she is like average for a half white half asian girl from the south bay, there are model teir girls in highschools around here right now of all races
>>
>>51490964
When I think of feminine music it's usually a light tune with a chill atmosphere and a soft beat. I didn't mention her just because she's a gal, haha. On the subject of electronic music, one of the best in hardcore gabber, which is masculine in every sense, is a gal by the name anime. Gender roles mean nothing
>>
>>51486955
way to project the systematic and sexist gender rolls you misogynistic scum
>>
>>51491352
she's not half though
>>
File: foleyfollyfolio.jpg (247KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
foleyfollyfolio.jpg
247KB, 700x700px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYwNqlBVkhU

“Pinkcourtesyphone is dark but not arch, with a slight hint of humor. Pinkcourtesyphone is amorphous, changing, and slipping in and out of consciousness. Pinkcourtesyphone desires to capture the sonic essence of some nicely dressed 1960′s housewife wistfully peering out her window while reclining on some lovely couch or divan, with, of course, a slowly sipped cocktail and perhaps half of a Valium. Perhaps she is waiting for the phone to ring.”
>>
>>51489684
>Jana Winderen - Energy Field
More field recordings than ambient, but it's a great album. This list is worth checking out if you're interested in more experimental women composers: https://rateyourmusic.com/list/hardboiledbabe/women_in_electroacoustic__minimalism__tape_music__musique_concrete__free_improvisation__and_related_genres/

>>51486955
>um... soft, brightly colored and happy i guess. not droney imo, that kind of ambient comes from constant harshness
I see what you mean, but women aren't really softer or happier than men — and I think they're less and less perceived as such.

When I think about it, I can't find a particular kind of music that would sound masculine or feminine without going into vocals and lyrics. PJ Harvey's work is very "feminine", but her songs aren't soft or happy — they're just written from a woman's perspective.

The latest female ambient artist I got into is Klara Lewis, her work is pretty damn good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtE0WoEs6jU
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.