[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fighting depression really hard right now, bros. What do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

Fighting depression really hard right now, bros. What do you recommend to listen to lift the spirits
>>
vaporwave. literally vaporwave. It's calming as fuck and you just vibe out to it
>>
Try a new hobby mate, worked wonders for me when I was there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNOdF4zh9Kg
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrHgBTRpHVg
>>
Rustie, HudMo, S-Type, etc.

Glass Swords is basically MDMA, you can't listen to it and be pissed off at the same time.
>>
>>51240953
I usually go with Happy Mondays, Kompakt techno, and El Guincho. In my experience, it's impossible to feel bad while listening to those. Once El Guincho starts in with those festive choruses it brings a big-ass smile to my face.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyR5bA1FqGM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdPT6k3iGtU
www.youtube.com/watch?v=59SOxObSu14

When I'm -really- depressed I listen to Grouper a lot. I queue both AIAs and stare at /mu/ for an hour feeling bad for myself and the world. It helps when the album ends. Cleanses the negative feelings.
>>
>>51241159
Happy Mondays is legit depression killer OP
>>
I dunno, I like to listen to emo-pop, scenecore, 00's post hardcore, midwest emo and screamo when I'm feeling down, if you want to try what I do, my favorites for this by genre are:

Emo-Pop: Jimmy Eat World's Bleed American and Dashboard Confessional's The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most

Scenecore: Pierce The Veil's Selfish Machines and Finch's What It Is To Burn

00's Post Hardcore: Thursday's Full Collapse and Glassjaw's Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence

Midwest Emo: Mineral's The Power Of Failing and Penfold's Amateurs And Professionals

Screamo: Envy's A Dead Sinking Story and pg.99's Document #5
>>
>>51240953
>>
>>51240974
i second this 100% actually.
>>
Grime music works for my depression. It gives me the necessary energy for doing things and get up the fucking bed.

I've been listening to All Star Pars lately.
>>
>>51240953
How is it possible to get into a quarrel with a mental disability?
>>
File: Willis.gif (660KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
Willis.gif
660KB, 500x252px
>Not realizing that depression can never be beaten
>Not letting it consume you from the inside out and turn you into a miserable husk of a person
>>
File: SC Life's Too Good.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
SC Life's Too Good.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
Always been my depression busting choice
>>
>>51243683
>disability
When was the last time you went out?
>>
This album usually cheers me up a bit. It's a bit melancholy but still sounds hopeful.
>>
>>51243815
depression isn't real. :)
>>
>>51243815
>Depression isn't a disability
Confirmed for barely if at all depressed.
>>
>>51243840
>>51243847
I'm not OP nor have I ever been depressed, but how many times in the last week have you bragged on the internet about how charismatic and sociable you are?
>>
File: ThomYorkegif.gif (4MB, 250x170px) Image search: [Google]
ThomYorkegif.gif
4MB, 250x170px
>>51243735
yes
>>
I'm not sure it's possible to listen to this song and be sad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b33JAIMISNY

If it doesn't cheer you up even a little bit then there's no hope for you.
>>
>>51243887
None because I'm actually depressed and think I'm a worthless piece of shit ;^)
>>
>>51243887
I've lost count.
>>
>>51243898
Always like to listen to The English Beat, fun and cool 80's shit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I58tsdmA5Co
>>
>>51243921
you're the equivalent of that anon that brags about not leaving the house in X days
>>
>>51243915
Oh. In that case, I was lying for the sake of the tripfag that probably thinks homosexuality is a mental disorder. I'm not depressed right now but I have been before (like 3 years ago) and I misinterpreted you for another person thinking they're a scientist. You're not a piece of shit Anon.
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>falling madly in love with roomie and watching them get sexed by other people every week.

what is music for this feel?
>>
>>51243995
Homosexuality IS a mental disorder. But that's a whole complete different discussion entirely.

>>51244007
get some standards.
>>
>>51244032
>get some standards.

what?
>>
Toe's discography, or any album really (reccing For Long Tomorrow)
The Most Serene Republic - Phages
Boris - New Album

Also, I'm sure I'll get shit for this but Yung Lean and Bladee never fail to put me in a good mood. Please don't disregard my other recs.
>>
>>51244056
falling in love with a whore, you accept the love you think you deserve!
>>
I usually just listen to the saddest things I can find until I can have a good cry.
>>
>>51244032
>Homosexuality IS a mental disorder
KEK. So that means Heterosexuality is also a mental disorder, right? If one is, that means the other is as well. Can't have double standards anon
>>
>>51244101
it's a man which you'd probably think makes a difference judging by your posts. ofc that's fucked up so I lose anyway. :^) sadly I know.
>>
>>51240953
I feel like /mu/ is the worst place to go when depressed.
Mac Demarco
>>
>>51244137
No difference. I'll say it again, get some standards.

>>51244128
No, heterosexuality is the way humans are supposed to be. That's how it's always been since we've been tiny little micro-biotic beings in the ocean. If homosexuality was the right way, then males would be able to get pregnant. Anyways I shouldn't have even come here tonight but I felt like seeing what my little children where up to. Catch me on t.v in a year or 2 <3
>>
>>51244200
There is no "right" way. That's like saying being left-handed is a disability because it's not "normal."
>>
>>51244260
can we have one section on the internet where homosexuality isnt forced down our throats by left-fags? seriously how fucking sefish are you? now 4CHAN has to be pc? can we just have this one little section of the internet where we can say that gays arent awsome? go to tumblr or jewtube.
>>
>>51244260
There is a right way because we were meant to reproduce and not feeling the urges to reproduce with the opposite gender is different from what we were designed to do.
>>
>>51244502
No one is forcing anything down your throat you fucking idiot.

And no one is claiming "gays are awesome". We're claiming homosexuality has as much legitimacy as heterosexuality. You're not cool because you're straight, and you're not cool because you're gay. You're cool because you're cool. Stay un-cool, dumb shit.
>>
>>51244571
>urge to reproduce
but it's just attraction
>>
>>51244502
grow up
>>
>>51244200
~lol look at dis nigga do you even biology and Thomas Malthus?
>>
>>51244586
0/10 pls keep being the worst person ever anon. we get it, you like the gays. this isnt the right house for that. get a tumblr
>>
>>51244621
What?
>>
>>51244621
that's such a compelling argument!
>>
>>51244662
meant to respond to>>51244614
>>
>>51244643
or, ya know, you could head on back to /pol/ with the rest of the adults who never grew out of their edgy 14 year old phases. This is a music board
>>
The rain song from zeppelin always cheers me up.
>>
>>51244643
this is actually one of the few decent boards left on 4chan, >>>/pol/ is that way >>>/sp/

>>51244679
there's no need for an argument when it's been proved that homosexuality isn't the devil's work
>>
not Crywank
not GY!BE
not Swans
not Modest Mouse
not teen suicide
not Eyedea
>>
>>51244743
>this is actually one of the few decent boards left on 4chan
holy shit you actually think this board is good? are you mentally disabled?
>>
>>51244780
it's better than most other boards... I've had quite a few good laughs here, found some great music, had some decent discussions with people, etc.
>>
>>51244743
grow up is a meaningless statement, if i said it first it would have held just as much validity. but you established it wasnt to make a point, but it still just comes off as gay and douchey
>>
>>51244815
I wasn't the guy who said that.
>>
>>51244914
oh sorry dawg. :-0
>>
>>51244815
nah, I'm just saying, "grow" "up". Please don't overthink it and write an essay /pol/, because I don't care.
>>
>>51245002
:-)
>>
>>51240974
It's hard to take this seriously when vaporwave is reccommended for anything and everything by this board
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.