[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright Bronies, real talk. When Gen5 eventually happens (Maybe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

Alright Bronies, real talk.
When Gen5 eventually happens (Maybe sooner, maybe later, who knows) Will you watch it? or are Ponies just a phase?
>>
>>30960202
>Bronies
fuck off retard
>>
File: were going for a ride.gif (307KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
were going for a ride.gif
307KB, 640x360px
>>30960202
depends where they go with it. ill definitely give the first season a watch and then decide from there.
although ill probably be 50 by then.
>>
>>30960202
Nope, Gen 5 will be absolute garbage. G3-tier shit.
>>
>>30960209
Would you rather I call you faggots?
>>
>>30960202
>Will you watch it?
I may take a look
>>
File: replying to an autist.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
replying to an autist.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>30960235
please keep calling us bronies. it triggers the newshits to no end.
>>
>>30960235
> Being this new
>>
>>30960202
If it contains G4 characters without overly noticable overhauls yes.

It just needs to have Nyx if that's not the case :^)
>>
>>30960202
Yes I'll watch it, even if it's shit.
>>
>>30960202
Why would I if it's not the same show?
>>
>>30960202
Like any cartoon with potential - yes, I will.
>>
I legitimately just want G5 to be fresh all anew. New cast, doesn't matter if they're from G1/G3 or not, new writers that aren't shit, and atleast a decent ending to G4.
But I would probably still watch it either way.
>>
>>30960202
Depends on if it's good, and moreover, if they recycle characters.
>>30960209
t. brony in denial
>>30960243
this
>>
>>30960202
I like watching most new cartoons to see what it's about. So, probably.
>>
If you here right now it isn't a phase. Most people here have been watching the show for 5 or more years. That being said I don't think I would watch Gen 5. I like the characters of this one and I don't think its likely they could strike the same dynamic as the current cast.
>>
>>30960404
>Most people here have been watching the show for 5 or more years.
Oh, if only.
>>
File: 25689527.png (159KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
25689527.png
159KB, 900x900px
>>30960418
>tfw youve been watching it since season 2 was airing
>tfw idiots you argue with claim you got on the ride during s5+ because you dont agree with them
>>
>>30960434
Oh no, I know some people have been here a long time. And I believe you have been. I'm just saying that we're in the minority now.
>>
>>30960202
I'll give it a shot.

But frankly, I was - and am - one of those weird people for whom the specific characters or the show being warm-hearted and good feelsy was secondary at best. What caught my attention was the general solid characterization on top of a wide-open, unique fantasy setting. The world didn't feel lazy; you got the impression there was something new, adventurous, and fantastic lurking around every corner. Having a broad cast of nice characters on top of that sealed the deal; it made me want to follow them through this great world. Even when they went full slice-of-life, enough detail got slotted in to keep the inspiration coming and fascination alive.

Whether G5 can reclaim that sense is a question I don't have an answer for. It'll require both some new blood - a new director with a new vision to create - and for Hasbro to take a step back and be a little hands-off again. What sense I get as development begins will probably influence my thoughts there.
>>
File: I'm not a brony.jpg (149KB, 827x960px) Image search: [Google]
I'm not a brony.jpg
149KB, 827x960px
>just a phase
>6years
lmao

I can't wait to see what g5 will look like
It really depends on whether it's good or not, but I'll certainly keep watching, ESPECIALLY if a small part of the fandom subsides
Ponies won't ever be a phase tho, I'll still write my greens on my deathbed

>>30960209
>i-i'm a horsefucker XD
You're not in public, degenerate
Brony is our word, not theirs, stop calling yourself edgy words just to 'look cool' on an anonymous forum
>>
>>30960418
This
I'd be surprised if even a third of us have been here since before twilicorn even happened
And let's not talk about /co/ days
>>
>>30960202
If Lauren comes back I will.
>>
>>30960505
I joined like a month before season 3 started. Luna Eclipsed was my first episode.
>>
>>30960505
Feb 2011 here. Suited for Success was the first episode I saw live on TV. What a great way to get on the ride. I must have retched the episodes 3-4 times after they aired in the early seasons.

It's going to take a big overhaul to make G5 feel anything like that again.
>>
>>30960524
Luna Eclipsed is still on of my favorite episodes.
>>
>>30960202
I'd be willing to bet Hasbro will push out G5 within a decade of G4 ending, this is probably the most money they've gotten out of their mlp franchise, once it ends they'll be desperate for a reason to start G5 early, and yes I probably will watch it, but I will only continue to watch it if it's good
>>
I'm already going to stop watching G4 after this season ends

Unless G5 has Faust or some other amazing talent working for it, then no.
>>
>>30960513
>>30961145
>Faustfags still clinging to hope that mom will return.
>>
File: 1493608495368.jpg (19KB, 404x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493608495368.jpg
19KB, 404x500px
>>30961145
How about someone even better
>>
>>30961241
I never said I was hoping she would return

project harder, hasjew
>>
>>30960897
Try a couple years, 4 tops
No way they're letting this one sink lmao
Not with how much money they keep investing in it and even planning spinoffs and shit
The ride has just begun

>>30961250
Unironically this
Sugar is fucking incredible, everything she touches becomes gold
Shit, what I'd give to have her for G5
>swn work with Ingram on G5's songs, as well as writing and planning all the lore+keeping a close eye on what the fuck the writers are doing with her show the way she does with SU

I'm so glad there are still people like her and Dad around, really gives me some hope for the next generation
>>
>>30960202
If gen 5 is of similar quality to gen 4, possibly. If it has the supporting characters from gen 4 take the lead as well, almost certainly.
>>
>>30960202

Gen 5 will probably be a Teen Titans Go tier abomination.
>>
no because im too attached to the established characters. unless g5 is something that that rumored Guardians of Harmony show with all the same characters. bonus points if its the same canon too.
>>
>>30960202
>looking for bronies in 4chan of all places
Good luck
You'll need it.
Not that it'll help much.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.