[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how does magic work? Starlight mentioned it needed to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1117529.gif (1MB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
1117529.gif
1MB, 500x277px
So how does magic work? Starlight mentioned it needed to have a resource but what is that resource?

Have they ever clarified anything regarding magic?
>>
Alright, I am back to shitposting with Glimmer pics since you fags cant discuss anything else.
>>
Starlight mentioned that the power of her magic is connected to her emotions, so when she was getting mad at Trixie she bottled up her anger so she wouldn't destroy her
>>
Starlight is a rural retard who was homeschooled, don't listen to her.
>>
>>30959302
>Have they ever clarified anything regarding magic?
Nope. They're just pulling things out of their asses as they go forward. The new writers literally don't care. Heck, Haber even admitted it
>>
File: cuztea.png (170KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
cuztea.png
170KB, 662x662px
>>30959302
in this case that resource is just raw energy. it serves no function other than to destroy.
for starlight she mentioned and has shown how her emotions fuel her magic. she got worn down to nothing when she kept throwing away her anger.
each time ponies cast spells for extended periods of time they get exhausted which means the energy comes directly from them in some form.
changelings draining love supposedly effects them similarly. they end up exhausted and unable to do anything despite that energy just being from love specifically.
tirek drained everyone of their magic and left them all equally exhausted. this means they dont have to actually cast using their energy to be wiped out from its use. it just has to be removed from their body.

as for magic itself it seems to simply re-arrange reality using energy. there are limits based on how much it bends the rules of reality, and some things simply cant be done.
>>
>>30959302
lazers are easy to animate.
>>
>>30959302
>Starlight mentioned it needed to have a resource but what is that resource?
They get tired after using magic, ergo they use their energy.
>>
>>30959302
The canon is : shut up it's magic.
The entire thing is inconsistent and episodes contradict each other about it. Pretty sure there is no plan whatsoever about how magic work. Each episode just do whatever the fuck they want/need, and the only guideline seem to be : "don't delve too deep into explaining stuff so the next writer can pull some stuff out of his ass if he need to".
>>
>>30959302
I think magic can change shape of something but not create something out of nothing. It's all bullshit though. They could just blame the removing potion for it but nope, gotta fuck up the canon.
>>
>>30960480
do you honestly believe ranting here nonstop will change anything or how anyone feels? why dont you go start a blog.
>>
File: twilight sparkle just right.png (315KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
twilight sparkle just right.png
315KB, 1280x1280px
>>30959302
>Twilight was stealing moustaches from innocent stallions for her magic
>>
>>30960132
>Haber, the main story editor, has admitted that the writers have to intentionally be inconsistent about a vital element of the series
Sos?
>>
File: magic.png (379KB, 626x501px) Image search: [Google]
magic.png
379KB, 626x501px
>>
>>30959302
>So how does magic work?
who cares. the writers don't.
>>
>>30959302
What I don't understand is why the mirror reflected that beam. The only explanation is that the beam is at it's base, light. If it is light, I guess it could be classified as a photon and that would explain why a mirror could reflect it since mirrors are made to reflect light.
>>
>>30959302
The resource was referring to the mane, not the magic. They needed a resource for the hair. You see what happened when they try to create a purely magical mane, hair everywhere.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.