[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Japanese dub of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is far

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 21

File: pic_milky.jpg (142KB, 400x393px) Image search: [Google]
pic_milky.jpg
142KB, 400x393px
The Japanese dub of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is far better than the original English. This is because Milky Holmes is in the Japanese dub.

Have you heard the Japanese dub? How can anyone say it isn't completely superior? You gotta have Milky Holmes.

Miyuki Sawashiro doesn't hurt, either. She's great.
>>
>>28977230
Shut up you filthy weeb , the voices are annoying af
>>
>>28977230
>/va/ worship

>>>/a/
>>
>Milky Holmes
Had to look it up because I thought some Jap slut actually changed her name to that, but no it's from some faggot anime.
>>
DAKARA HAI-HAI-HAI~
>>
File: gilda.png (48KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
gilda.png
48KB, 195x195px
buzz off, dweeb
>>
>>28977230
It sucks because none of the jokes translate. Japanese Pinkie just says random shit all the time because they translate it from literal English and none of the puns or coloquialisms come through.
>>
>>28977290
mimorin's pinkie pie is good. mimorin plays her like a somehow more hyper sharo. it is good

here is mimo's pinkie pie. the branding on the video is bad but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy0dufqP53U
>>
>>28977251
MIMORIN IS GOOD。
>>
thanks bushiroad
>>
File: 2013y06m13d_140049473.jpg (57KB, 406x498px) Image search: [Google]
2013y06m13d_140049473.jpg
57KB, 406x498px
Reasons Milky Holmes Is Better Than The English Voice Cast

~ Pinkie Pie Edition ~

Pinkie Pie is played by Mimori Suzuko. Mimori Suzuko likes pink things. Her character in Milky Holmes, Sherlock Shellingford, is the pink one, and she is noted as saying "If it's pink, just leave it to me!" as her catchphrase. She's a big huge nerd for theater, and musicals, and wrestling. She also plays the pink bird in the Angry Birds movie dub.

When playing Pinkie Pie, Mimori Suzuko (often given the affectionate nicknames "Mimo", "Mimorin", or "Suzu") basically maintains a high pitch almost all the time, and it is similar to her voice for Sherlock (also known as Sharo). If you've ever heard Sharo, you'll be delighted to know that her Pinkie is essentially the same.

This works out really well because Sharo is just as big of a goofball as Pinkie. Mimo herself is a big goofball, in real life, so this is very fortuitous.

Mimo is also a very accomplished singer, and not only sings all Pinkie's little songs in the cartoon, but also sings a few of the opening themes. The opening themes that she sings, are good.

Mimori Suzuko is good. Let's leave pink to her!
>>
>>28977230
fuck off weeb
>>>/a/
>>
File: B5x-DfBCYAAK8h9.jpg (39KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B5x-DfBCYAAK8h9.jpg
39KB, 480x640px

~ Applejack Edition ~

Applejack is the yellow pony. She loves apples and she also loves her friends. It's a good thing we have the famous and talented Sora Tokui to play her! Because Sora loves her friends so much. And she loves to eat! She recently admitted in an interview that if she was in an eating contest with her character from Milky Holmes, Nero Yuzurizaki, then she wouldn't lose.

When you listen to Sora (also known as Soramaru), playing Applejack, you may recognize bits of her voice as being familiar outside of her role as Nero. This is because Sora was also the famous Nico Yazawa from Love Live! Coincidentally, one of her best friends, Mimorin, is also in Love Live (as Umi), but Umi's voice is nothing like Sharo's or Pinkie's.

Sora is very true to her heart, and always does her best all the time. She loves cartoons and she loves the characters she plays so much. She is a big nerd, but she's also really cool and smart. She'd be really fun to hang out with, because you can play card games with her. Let's learn to play Buddyfight with Soramaru! She is in the show of Buddyfight, because that is a Bushiroad property, and all of Milky Holmes are given roles in a lot of stuff that Bushiroad owns. Bushiroad also owns the Japanese license for MLP, so that explains it.

Hey, Applejack is yellow, just like Nero! Isn't that something!

We all love Sora, because she's great.
>>
File: armpit.jpg (138KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
armpit.jpg
138KB, 1024x1365px
>>28977244
/mlp/ is no stranger to /va/ worship

>>28977230
>>28980458
>>28980500
fuck off weeb
>>
>>28977290

Wowee! It's like we're two different cultures. Really though, this happens from Japanese to English as well or hell, even Japanese with English subs a lot of the time.

But how did none of you mention Ms. Kana Hanazawa? She's the most veteraned of the group and she voices the best horse too. There's even a manga out there that she voices the anime version of about a girl who is a shut-in neckbeard that is obsessed with shit that has a panel where she watches the character she voices on mlp on TV ends up binge watching the whole series.
>>
File: 20160330013030b89.jpg (42KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
20160330013030b89.jpg
42KB, 480x640px

~ Rarity Edition ~

Rarity is really girly and floofy and if you didn't know better you'd think she was vain -- but she's really got a kind heart and she knows to do what's right. This is actually in contrast to her voice actress, Mikoi Sasaki (also known as Mikoron), who definitely has a reputation of being kind of demure and soft and lazy just because she's the youngest out of all the Milkies, but she's actually really athletic?! Wow!

Mikoron is kinda goofy because she grew up in the countryside and moved to Tokyo so she could be a part of the cartoon industry, because she loves cartoons so much. She gets along great with Sora because of that. Mikoron's character in Milky Holmes is named Hercule Barton (エルキュール バートン) although everybody calls her Elly (エリー).

Like Rarity, Elly has a bit of an interesting character flaw: she's a big ol' lewdie~ and she blushes all the time because she thinks about sex a lot. She's got a dirty mind! It's healthy though, and she never takes it too far. She just blushes a lot, and wears a towel sometimes, and there's this one part in an episode of Milky Holmes where they all get stuck in an underground cavern because they're trying to loot a famous detective's mansion for his treasure, and she loses all her clothes but she's not like, upset about it very much. She just kinda accepts it as a fact of life that hey, sometimes you're gonna end up losing your clothes when you're wandering around an underground cavern trying to raid a guy's house to steal his treasure.

Elly is very kind-hearted though, and she loves her friends. Everyone loves their friends! You gotta have friends.

In real life, Mikoron might not be as lewd as Elly is, but even if she were, there's nothing wrong with that and it's a perfectly normal and healthy thing to be in touch with yourself and to be centered emotionally.

It really is unfortunate that so few people list Elly or Mikoron as their favorite milky. She does her best and is really talented, even though she is the youngest of them all and doesn't have a lot of voice work outside of Milky Holmes like the other three do. Let's cheer her on!

You go, girl! You get out there and show the world who you are. We love you, Mikoron! Never give up!!
>>
>>28980458
>>28980500
>>28980557
nice, keep em coming
>>
Why murica dubs are such sluts?
>>
>>28980458
Her Pinkie voice is pretty good, it sounds almost exactly like Pinkie Pie's English voice actor speaking Japanese without an accent.
>>
File: 20160215085524d4c.jpg (41KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
20160215085524d4c.jpg
41KB, 350x525px

~ Rainbow Dash Edition ~

It's the famous, classic, one and only pony, that's right I'm talking about... Rainbow Dash! She is tomboyish and hotheaded but has a heart of gold. She sometimes goes off and does her own thing and then comes back when it doesn't go so hot, and then does her best to make things right. That's something we can all relate to, I think.

And it should come as no surprise that this ever-loveable wonderful character is voiced by none other than Izumi Kitta! She's the voice of Cordelia in Milky Holmes. Izusama (as her fans call her~) is definitely a weirdo, though. First of all, she really like gyoza. Like, REALLY likes gyoza. She officiates ceremonies about gyoza during local small festivals about what are basically Japanese potstickers! They have those?! Gyoza festivals, you say?! Yep, they're a thing, and Izusama is such a big nerd that she is like, the brand ambassador for the entire existence of gyoza in Japan. Isn't that weird?

She also has a series of cookbooks out, where she introduces various recipes for gyoza, to last you all through the year. There are two of them, and the first is called THE GYOZA, which is an amazing title for a book. The other one is called TODAY IS ALSO A GOOD DAY FOR GYOZA. I guess you can't argue with that, can you? Nope! She's older than we are, she actually just turned 32. She's basically like a cool and fun big sister you wanna hang out with and go TP someone's house on Halloween. She'd probably dress up like a giant gyoza for Halloween, I bet.

She's a super weirdo! And that's maybe the reason she has all the fans that she has. She wears gyoza earrings, and she is also into comic books about gay girls. She loves comics about gay girls, and makes gay jokes all the time. I think she's gay. A lot of people think she is, too, because she just acts kinda queer. But before you go "whoa nelly", just remember that she's really nice, and is actually the oldest of all the milkies out there! So she kinda has the privilege. She can show up to Mimorin's house and use her bathtub anytime she wants, really, as far as I've heard. Izusama is into skinship, which is like the Japanese way of getting all close with each other without wearing any clothes, because we're animals and we love to be close to each other because it fosters emotional bonds and stuff.

Other things Izusama likes, besides gay comics and possibly being gay and gyoza, is cartoons. This makes sense, because she does work for Bushiroad! So she is in a lot of cartoons about card games, and all that. (She had a cameo appearance in an episode of Love Live, too!) Because Bushiroad.

You know what's a cartoon? That's right, My Little Pony: Tomodachi wa Mahou!! That's Japanese for "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic", and it's the name of the cartoon that Izumi Kitta plays Rainbow Dash on. She is a nutcase, but we love her all the same..
>>
File: THOUHATHANGEREDTHENIGHTPRINCESS.png (108KB, 900x781px) Image search: [Google]
THOUHATHANGEREDTHENIGHTPRINCESS.png
108KB, 900x781px
>>>/a/nywherebuthere
>>>/out/
>>
Hey look everybody, it's our friends, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash!! They seem tired after a long day playing together and having fun. Great job out there, everypony!
>>
>>28977254
I wanna fuck that griffon
>>
>>28977230
The japanese voices aren't bad but they are generally too consistently high pitched. Japanese people sound a bit shrill.
It works pretty well for the filly voices though, in fact pikachu-bloom is objectively superior.
>>
>>28981399
But then there's Kikuko Inoue, who plays Celestia! She's a mom basically. A super cool mom.
>>
Did /a/ attack or something?
>>
File: IMG_5410.jpg (107KB, 800x1094px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5410.jpg
107KB, 800x1094px
>>28977230
>>
File: qb9.png (291KB, 663x476px) Image search: [Google]
qb9.png
291KB, 663x476px
C’MOVER HERE FLUTTERSHY

AND LEMME PET YOU
>>
>>28981399

>Japanese people sound shrill

Wow, just, wow. Did that really just happen? Did I really just hear that? I thought this was the year 2016. I thought racism was a forgotten relic of the past. But here we are, in the 21st century, and people still say things like "Japanese people sound shrill". Wow. Set your clocks back 50 years. Welcome to Trump's America.
>>
>>28977230

Fuck off weeb. >>>/a/
>>
File: CNGyBGDUkAEb4pB.jpg large.jpg (54KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
CNGyBGDUkAEb4pB.jpg large.jpg
54KB, 1024x577px
>>28981787
(extremely applejacks japanese voice) hello friend
>>
File: 1470715419731.png (59KB, 522x531px) Image search: [Google]
1470715419731.png
59KB, 522x531px
The voices sound a bit to high pitch for my tastes. That being said I like Pinkie Pie's Spanish voice actor.
>>
IIRC Swedish Spitfire is good
>>
Oh jeez, what kind of hijinks are Pinkie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Applejack up to now?!

Oh you ponies! Always getting in a heap of trouble!!
>>
>>28977230
who cares about the dubbing when every other aspect of the localisation is so shit
>>
>>28977230
doesn't japan get a totally butchered localisation to make room for corner programs.
>>
>>28983459
There's a segment that's got Mimorin and Twilight at the end of each episode going over an English Word Of The Day. The actual running time of the show itself isn't affected because Japan doesn't have as long of a commercial break as the US does.

Over there, the entire timeslot is purchased from the station (in increments of 5 minutes), and you get to fill it up with whatever you want in there. So there's an opening song, a quick "this program is brought to you by", some commercials (made by Bushiroad and Hasbro selling the toys), the A-part, another quick CM break, B-part, short CM, "word of the day", ending sequence (with another song), then the timeslot is over.

It's not like it is here where there's only like 22 minutes of actual show with 8 minutes of commercials and station bumpers. The whole block is owned by Bushiroad and they can definitely fit the entire show in with room to spare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkMJ6pYlvqk
>>
>>28983459
The major difference is that in America the station selects the commercials to run alongside the content and determines how many and what ones to fit based on demographic targeting.

In Japan, the time block is purchased from the station and you own that whole block, so you are responsible for putting your own commercials in, and your own bookend content, and yeah it's in 5 minute blocks (that's why you see a lot of short 5 minute long anime and quick bumper programs). You buy slots 5 minutes at a time.
>>
>>28981644
I don't think it's racism, there are a lot of high-pitched voices in anime. Goku in DBZ doesn't sound like a man. And Kero from Cardcaptor Sakura had a high-itched voice, which was weird coming off of the English dub Cardcaptors.
>>
File: image.png (19KB, 395x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
19KB, 395x405px
>>28983603
>>
File: ayy.png (3MB, 2000x1419px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
3MB, 2000x1419px
what would ponies look like if MLP was an anime?
>>
oh i love my little pony
>>
>>28985022
wtf I guess I have to watch Milky Holmes now
>>
>>28984327
cute girls doing cute things with ears and tails
>>
>1m30s cut from every ep
Still aint worth it

It also doesn't have Tabitha.
>>
>>28986548
what do they cut?
>>
>>28987646
The answer is "nothing", he can't answer you because he's talking out of his ass
>>
So, is the dub ever coming back?

Also, one of the ways you can tell we're living in the darkest timeline is the fact that we have no official Japanese Winter Wrap Up.
>>
>>28988210
>timeline meme
it is always darkest before don but our future is bright
>>
>>28987646
Bits and pieces so they can add in "Lucky Slot" and have proper 75 second J-Pop OP and EDs.
>>
>>28980726
I was following the trivia pretty well until that one.
>>
File: 1466246869649.jpg (460KB, 705x905px) Image search: [Google]
1466246869649.jpg
460KB, 705x905px
>>28983603
>tiny stuffed animal has a high pitched voice
>this is wierd because I watched the shitty dub.
faggot detected

Anyway Op is somewhat right for the wrong reasons. The japanese voice actors are fucking great because they stay mostly true to the original. Even rainbowdash sounds almost exactly the same.
>>
File: CyQC-i9UUAAyKUg.jpg (84KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CyQC-i9UUAAyKUg.jpg
84KB, 1024x576px
>>28989557
But it's true, Izusama really is our gyoza-hime. Her twitter name is "izugyoza". She's a huge nerd.

There is a Milky Holmes song called "We Are The Miracle Holmes" where it's just all four Milkies (plus their "sisters", two side characters played by Aimi Terakawa and Ayasa Itou) just introducing each other and going like "this is Mimorin! She's got lots of energy!" and "Here's Aimin, she's clumsy a little" and then they each go "Hey there I'm Mimorin, leave pink to me!" -- well, Izumi's goes "hey cute girl over there, y'wanna go make some gyoza with me~?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KSuWwGkoqE#t=1m45s
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.