[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Equestria Divided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 257
Thread images: 57

File: _et.jpg (272KB, 861x927px) Image search: [Google]
_et.jpg
272KB, 861x927px
Everfree is best house Edition

Previous thread >>25310072

Welcome to the thread for discussion and homebrew projects related to the Equestria Divided setting.

Equestria Divided is an alternate universe where the Mane 6 are no longer friends. They've gone their separate ways, to form factions that vie for dominance in Equestria.

>Earthborn:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wIE7GsdKYbrD8W95OZMe_yE0LeGTNweSd9K3SggGj90/edit?usp=sharing
>Whitegold:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yNqahYpEape6QLjAg4IATLqLPS0wwqmdfqhRKlKw-Vg/edit?usp=sharing
>Moon and Star:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8UgmZQVcp_LRnpIODFvMk8zZVE/view
>Moon and Star Inquisition:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kG1YlkvF5iGaWhw2DDtbhERQfUWq3k_Vptpr_Dr-8eo/edit?usp=sharing
>Cult of Laughter:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EwkCjF3XdLXjiEhMrD7QM0nv-THRgJlTISNLqbxomHY/edit?usp=sharing
>House Stormwing.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hQzoo9hzk_HZLmncpzx16RZ5i-vJ4FNduf0DJBFALIA/edit?usp=sharing
>Everfree Tribes
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11RevogeZJhOpycFHmrRcHnlNTyb4WhFJlRDF6H2oQ0Q/edit?usp=sharing
>Crystal Empire
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kjcfivXyHwIOseTM61IKnoALrL2R-9Q4OIow75FTXAw/edit?usp=sharing
>Shadow King's Horde
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1osD6DbjycEB7Jrk0uSRc_T-2-R0GAXBZ6bPvuJ1AUBI/edit?usp=sharing
>Independent Units:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1idaJDjEFuFsr76P9nFkYAg1_xkuj0WCxX1dKLx21gnk/edit?usp=sharing
Source:
http://equestria-divided.deviantart.com/

>One page fantasy rules
https://www.dropbox.com/s/63xqggtkal09fl3/1pFB%20-%20Main%20Rulebook%20v2.9.pdf?dl=0
>>
Why did you let the old one die?

Also, just saying bump is terrible. Bump the thread with new content, questions, or ideas.
>>
>>25363596
Alright, here are the cropped units from last thread, in case someone missed them

M&S
http://imgur.com/a/Kgol7
Everfree
http://imgur.com/a/RXg7m
CoL
http://imgur.com/a/nyDi3
Whitegold
http://imgur.com/a/y16yJ
Earthborne
http://imgur.com/a/ZmrNo
Stormwing
http://imgur.com/a/X70Gz
>>
>>25364063

very cool.

I hope these can get turned into icons for online games.
>>
>>25364118
They were useful as tokens in roll 20, if i knew how to paint well, i would color them.
>>
Who's making green today
>>
>>25364141
What size should tokens be, m8? Might give it a shot.
>>
>>25364997
70X70 pixels for a roll20 grid square.
>>
File: vWbHClV.png (18KB, 175x192px) Image search: [Google]
vWbHClV.png
18KB, 175x192px
>it can't possibly be that hard to colour one of the soldiers
TURNS OUT IT'S HARD AFTER ALL
>>
>>25365648
That's... a start.
>>
File: shit.png (22KB, 175x192px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
22KB, 175x192px
>>25365734
I decided to start again, do some colour mockups. This is really outside of my skills and comfort zone.
This image is small and simple, so I'll probably be able to clean it up enough that it might not be a complete eyesore at 70x70, but that's it.
>>
>>25366495
to be honest, it's decent enough, and on that note, for those that already made legions or armies of each faction with the tables, it would be cool if they had colors asociated with them.
>>
File: v3M7Z9A.jpg (58KB, 392x476px) Image search: [Google]
v3M7Z9A.jpg
58KB, 392x476px
Anyone want to take a stab templating some of the units, so any idiot(like myself), can go and paint them?
>>
File: Whitegold Milita.png (10KB, 70x70px) Image search: [Google]
Whitegold Milita.png
10KB, 70x70px
Mockup of a Whitegold Militia token.
How does the general style and colours look?
Should tokens have a small border?
>>
>>25366849

I think an entire unit should have a border, not individual units, unless it's a hero or sergeant or colorbearer/musician
>>
>>25366849
looks good enough.
>>
>>25366849
Too small. I'd say you should instead crop the image to show the upper torso and head + weapon, perhaps.
>>
File: alternate mockup.png (10KB, 70x70px) Image search: [Google]
alternate mockup.png
10KB, 70x70px
>>25367501
Not sure how well it lends itself to that.
>>
File: bump.png (29KB, 174x174px) Image search: [Google]
bump.png
29KB, 174x174px
Bump.
>>
>The Horned Way

Assassins of Dawn and Dusk are the most dangerous assassins in Equestria, and eliminate of the most dangerous rivals of House Moon and Star.

Their success is in no small part due to their training in the horned way.

With but a thought and a flash of their horns, a house assassin can target the most vital areas on any pony, crippling or killing them with ease.

Paralysis, selective amnesia, organ failure, and insanity, can all be caused through masterful use of the horned way.
>>
File: maybethis.png (11KB, 70x70px) Image search: [Google]
maybethis.png
11KB, 70x70px
>>25367619
You COULD perhaps just crop the head and expand to 70x70, but I'm not terribly sure that doing so won't stretch it out and make it all ugly. Tell me what you think.
>>
>>25368839

I liked the full-body models more
>>
>>25368862
Yeah, they're nice, but they're just so damned small. 70x70 does not leave a lot of room to work with.
>>
File: orthis.png (12KB, 70x70px) Image search: [Google]
orthis.png
12KB, 70x70px
>>25368839
And I sharpened up the image and got rid of the background color. I'm a scrub with paint.net, and it shows.
>>
>>25368963

Just a head though, can leave the exact nature of a unit unlcear.

Plus, rolld20 has variable zoom, so you can take a look at units, if you'd like.
>>
File: head.png (8KB, 70x70px) Image search: [Google]
head.png
8KB, 70x70px
>>25368839
Here. It's not clean, but it's from my "raw" files.
I'm still partial to the whole body model. If feels better for scale, and if you just do heads which is admittedly easy you end up with having to recognize everything by the headshot only.

Give me a minute and I'll show you something.
>>
>>25369033
Damn sight better than my attempt. I like full-body models, too; it just occurs to me that trying to make the entire image fit in a 70x70 square is going to end up sacrificing a lot of detail. Maybe I'm wrong. I dunno, I don't work with this stuff often.
>>
>>25369033
I would say a strong colour theme for each army would carry the day better, taking advantage of distinct silhouettes to identify between units.

White for Whitegold
Blue for Storming
Red for M&S
Brown for Earthborn
Green for Ever free
Pink for Cult

Borders would help make the units 'pop' out against the backdrop terrain.
>>
>>25369080

I think black or dark grey is better for M&S
>>
File: Applejack Nam.jpg (65KB, 641x720px) Image search: [Google]
Applejack Nam.jpg
65KB, 641x720px
Alright, I might be late as balls but now I'm ready to rock!

Would anyone like to make an Earthborn army?
>>
>>25369080
>Red for M&S
Why not purple? There are a lot of shades of violet that are distinct enough from blue to avoid confusion with Stormwing, escpecially if you make Stormwing a lighter shade, plus it would fit well with the whole, y'know, Twalot thing.
>>
File: unit.png (21KB, 350x140px) Image search: [Google]
unit.png
21KB, 350x140px
>>25369033
See, these guys come in units of ten. Imagine you're seeing the battlefield top down, seeing all the units.
This is one of those. Here, the full body just works better than only the head.

>>25369068
>I dunno, I don't work with this stuff often.
This is my first time colouring anything.
Except for colouring books with crayons, and that's been a while.

>>25369080
I'm somewhat torn on that. I'd agree that a general colour profile is good for each faction, but that should mostly lie in armour and apparel, as it feels awkward if we expand that as a colour rule for fur.

Agreeing about the borders though.
>>
>>25369118
I think I'm smelling what you're stepping in, now. My experiences come from pnp games, not wargaming, so I admit that I tend to think more in terms of the individual rather than the unit.
>>
>>25369109
Iunno. Red is a more distinct colour than purple to me but that's entirety personal preference. Perhaps purples for the 'soldiers' and red for the inquisition.

>>25369118
I didn't mean fur colour. I mean I could definitely see the 'die hards' dyeing their fur though.
>>
File: bump2.png (25KB, 174x174px) Image search: [Google]
bump2.png
25KB, 174x174px
>colouring scales
>>
>>25369829
Do you use the fill tool?
>>
>>25369881
Amongst other things.
But mainly yes. I'm trying to compensate with some creative layering.
I have genuinely no idea what I'm doing.
>>
I've been gone for a while, good to see the thread is still up.
>>
The Cult is way too big, and controls way too much land.

I find it hard to believe they have almost no in-fighting, and are a united force.

Yorick was absurdly biased towards them.
>>
>>25370086
They're effectively an insurgency, not a state force.
>>
They don't really control any land at all in the sense of openly ruling over any place, and they've been said to have the least amount of members of all the Houses.
>>
>>25370086
They don't control any land.
>>
>>25370111

Yes, and you know what? Those are generally full of infighting and disorganization. Just look at the situation in Syria.
>>
>>25370124

If they don't have any land, how do they get resources? The Cult is full of holes.
>>
>>25370086
>I find it hard to believe they have almost no in-fighting, and are a united force.

They do have some stated in-fighting, between the Jesters and Harlequines, its just not very fleshed out.

It's kind of hard for there to be in-fighting when they're all bound together through dark magic insanity, but they do have a little.
>>
>>25370127
Not at all comparable. There's not ONE insurgency in Syria.

>>25370146
Through their members, obviously.
>>
>>25370146
Through the Astral Plane, and through the donations personally made by its members.

They're guerrila fighters, they don't normally have much at all except what they are able to scrounge together or get through their evil magic supplied by the Laughing Mare
>>
>>25370156

I would probably dislike the cult less, if someone would spend some time developing the ins and outs of the faction, and their modus operandi.
>>
File: file.png (11KB, 70x70px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
11KB, 70x70px
>>25369829
Roughly how it would look token-sized.
Not pleased with the colours here.
>>
File: The Flim-Flam brothers.png (546KB, 1152x645px) Image search: [Google]
The Flim-Flam brothers.png
546KB, 1152x645px
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/197422/equestria-divided/thread/57926/general-discussion-canon-characters

Members of the Flim Flam Folly

>Flim Flam Brothers – founders and leaders of the Folly, inventors and traders who sell their designs and inventions to the highest bidder

I'm so happy they're alive in ED. I love these guys, and killing them off would have been edgy even by the standards of this setting.
>>
File: Harlequin 40k.jpg (632KB, 1128x1421px) Image search: [Google]
Harlequin 40k.jpg
632KB, 1128x1421px
>>25370181
Well they do have a modus operandi, and its pretty simple. Bring the Laughing Mare into Equestria, which is presumably something as dramatic as if the Everfree covered the whole land or if Twilight became an Alicorn.

I think a part of the reason a lot of the Cult's inner workings and culture is left unknown is twofold
On the one hand, the Cult is meant to be spooky and shit so they probably want it to have an allure of mystery by not defning everything as clearly as other Houses.

On the other hand, the reason they aren't so well defined is because I don't think they have a very uniform culture. I have to imagine that the Cult of Laughter society that operates in one part of Equestria is pretty different from the Cultists who operate in another. I tried to reflect this a little when I made my Cult Cell creation table by making the very first roll deal with exactly WHERE in Equestria the cell is located.

Another way I like to think of it is this. The Cult of Laughter is kind of like the Catholic Church in the early/high middle ages. They're pretty much united by the same beliefs and work for pretty similar goals and tend to have the same enemies, but if you look at the Catholic Church in France at the time and then compare it to the Church in Poland, then you'd find that they have a number of cultural differences because of the society that surrounds them.
>>
File: file.png (11KB, 70x70px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
11KB, 70x70px
>>25370244
Tweaked with the colours.
>>
>>25370311

Yeah, but subversion has to be somewhat similar. And they have necromancers that must follow the same rules.
>>
>>25370343
Well yeah, I imagine that the magic HAS to be the same all across the board, because its all coming from the same source. The Laughing Mare is pretty much the single most important thing unifying the cult together and I imagine her constant influence on each of their members is what help keeps the whole cult from infighting. Kind of like how the Everfree Liege is what unites the different Everfree Tribes together.
>>
>>25370392

The Everfree is only specified to have a link with Fluttershy
>>
>>25370413
I'm a little iffy with how the Everfree Liege works, but I still think its kind of similar in a way.

Granted, the Laughing Mare has a spiritual connection with virtually EVERY cult member, while the Liege doesn't, but they seem like similar beings in the way they affect their respective houses.
>>
>>25370456

How do they communicate?

Through visions, right?
>>
>>25370481
From what I understand, you have certain members who are supposed to have a really strong connection to her and who apparently hear her will clearly and constantly, like Pumpkin and Pound Cake and the High Prophets.

As for most of the rest of the Cult, they supposedly have a much less coherent connection, but they do receive visions or hear voices and experience other strange phenomena. I especially think that when a pony first joins the Cult that they experience the Laughing Mare in some strong capacity. For many ponies, this is likely what drives them so mad.
>>
>>25370547

I was thinking that some ponies, by doing certain actions, could trigger "enlightening nightmares"

For instance, lets say Claud is in the cult.

When Claud goes to town and performs, certain "sensitive" ponies(probably foals, fillies and colts), would likely get dreams leading them down the path to joining the cult.
>>
File: VelvetDaw.png (675KB, 2808x3233px) Image search: [Google]
VelvetDaw.png
675KB, 2808x3233px
Uhhh, vectorfag here. I've really enjoyed ED content so far and it has a lot of potential... soooo if you guys want I could vector some units and if ya'll like em I could try and do more. Here's some of my past work.
>>
File: UltravioletMoA.png (204KB, 1311x1436px) Image search: [Google]
UltravioletMoA.png
204KB, 1311x1436px
>>25370592

and moar

meant to quote: >>25366495 in my first post
>>
>>25370592

Nice.

How are you with clothing?
>>
>>25370592
>someone competent
Yes.
Oh God yes.
>>
>>25370592
it would be great if you could help with vectors, so thanks in advance
>>
File: 1oo20wip.jpg (70KB, 1127x929px) Image search: [Google]
1oo20wip.jpg
70KB, 1127x929px
>>25370624
>>25370613

Okay, well if you guys are up for it... what unit should I do first?

Is namefagging acceptable?
>>
>>25370649
sure, you are providing content.

And if you can, i would love if you could tackle the knights of Celestia/luna
>>
>>25370592
>>25370610

Really cool art! How about some generic leader-type Ponies?

For instance, a sort of "Magister" for Moon and Star, or a merchant-noble for Whitegold.

Namefagging is fine.
>>
File: 870Rnm7.jpg (81KB, 520x400px) Image search: [Google]
870Rnm7.jpg
81KB, 520x400px
>>25370677

Sure, this will get the treatment first.

>>25370680

Got a reference that I could work from?
>>
>>25370739

I think like this, but less ostentatious or ornamented would work. Magisters could wear an amulet that looks like the center of Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark.
>>
Unicorn duels in Canterlot are probably incredible to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoPKajvq3gE&feature=youtu.be&t=169
>>
>The Menagerie

In the Goldenleaf Woods, a large portion of it is walled off, and filled with various races.

Ponies, Zebras, Unicorns, Griffins, and Bufalo all forced into this expanse.

The 5th Legion controls this territory, and regularly sends in troops for training, not allowed to return until they produced a severed head.

A member of the 5th Legion is expected to be an independent thinker, and to use their guile and subterfuge to achieve their goals.

When ordered into the Goldenleaf woods, some of them doff their uniforms, and look for a group of survivors to befriend, before stabbing in the back.

Others create devious traps, to ensnare their quarry.

Others create hiding spots, and wait for days to ambush a prospective target.

This sort of extreme training keeps the Legion's size relatively low, but breeds elite soldiers.
>>
File: prugruss.png (560KB, 1128x883px) Image search: [Google]
prugruss.png
560KB, 1128x883px
>>25371164

Here's a progress bump. Lineart always looks shitty.
>>
>>25371488

Looking good, man.

What's your favorite faction?
>>
I've been thinking about the various sorts of ways Twilight Sparkle could become corrupted in ED.

>Adapts the black magic of Sombra, and develops the characteristic green eyes that smoke.
>Spends more time spiritually on the astral plane, and starts becoming altered because of it.
>Twilight Sparkle learns magic that lets her drain the life or souls of others.
>Twilight Sparkle finds the Rainbow of Darkness, or a derivative of it. She corrupts her element of magic into the element of power, and becomes empowered as a result.
>>
File: flattireindetroit.gif (2MB, 472x197px) Image search: [Google]
flattireindetroit.gif
2MB, 472x197px
>>25371519

I'm a Moon & Star man myself. The knight's main body is line-arted. It's reaaal late here so I'ma get some rest. I'll finish the mace tomorrow and colour/shade it too. Will post ASA-finished.
>>
>>25371835

>I'm a Moon & Star man myself

Good man. Looking forward to the final product.
>>
What is the least popular faction, and why is it Stormwing?
>>
File: Run Lil Pony Be Free.jpg (229KB, 1280x770px) Image search: [Google]
Run Lil Pony Be Free.jpg
229KB, 1280x770px
>>25372483
>least popular faction
Does that make me a hipster?
>>
>>25372569

No, because you probably don't like the faction just because it's unpopular.
>>
>>25372483
I think Stormwing is cool
>>
>>25372641

OK, so two people like Stormwing.

Another unpopular faction is Everfree.
>>
So, there are inquisitors, and legionnaires. But they can't be the law and order in Moon and Star. They are far too important for that.

Who does the hoof-stomping and teeth-smashing? The Unicorns from the Bureau of Unicorn integrity, right?

What an ugly and awkward name yorick chose for them.
>>
>>25372911
There probably are garrison-legionaries who fill in the roll of the now-extinct Royal Guard.

I wouldn't expect any kind of Equestrian Inquisition...
>>
File: Moon and Star Forces.jpg (999KB, 688x4040px) Image search: [Google]
Moon and Star Forces.jpg
999KB, 688x4040px
>>25372934

There are inquisitors.

I think that there institution is pretty ambiguous, though. I was a big fan of "Inquisitorial Acolytes", like from Warhammer 40k.
>>
File: 07ffdec6a9[1].jpg (123KB, 590x571px) Image search: [Google]
07ffdec6a9[1].jpg
123KB, 590x571px
>>25372934
>>
>>25372978
>>
I'm only asking these questions, because I want to write some green about Moon and Star executing some captured, non-important Apples from Earthborn.

And I need to get the lay of this.

I was thinking the execution would be a complete mess, like how the Bolshevik execution of the Romanovs was a messy, 20-minute long affair.
>>
>Warmage Orion - commander of the military arm of the Sun Guild

Therefore, he's commander of the 4th Legion
>>
>>25373236

Woops, forgot my pic
>>
>Warmage Comet Tail - commander of the military arm of the Moon Guild

So he' the commander of the 5th legion.
>>
Unit creation tables should be added to the OP.
>>
>>25373265

Post all of them in a single post before the thread ends, and I'll add them to the next OP.
>>
>>25373270
I'm going to drop anew table for Earthborn as well tomorrow morning
>>
File: 1429327952298.jpg (48KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
1429327952298.jpg
48KB, 500x520px
>>25373036
>Apples
>non-important
>>
>>25373405

If it was an important Apple, it'd be like Applebloom.

But I don't want to off any characters important to the setting. Applejack has so many relatives, she can stand to lose a few.
>>
File: harry the bear and his mistress.jpg (180KB, 780x1024px) Image search: [Google]
harry the bear and his mistress.jpg
180KB, 780x1024px
>>25362746
>EVERFREE TRIBES
I've completed Phase 1, this means the army list is more or less complete but not 100% balanced.
It's actually not balanced at all, it's fucking broken as shit, nigga.

Still want to add in two more spells before I do the major balancing tweaks.
>>
>>25373692

What's unbalanced?
>>
>>25374220
Just minor things, nothing is outright broken beyond belief. It isn't as bad as some of the other early versions of the faction lists.. but it lacks a certain polish and numerical balance.
I haven't done the hard math on the units yet, just guestimates.
Unlimited Monster spam.
>>
>>25372483
Stormwing is cool. I like Whitegold more, but still.

>>25372911
>But they can't be the law and order in Moon and Star
You probably have a less militarized domestic force for that sort of thing. Being a repressive society, I'd guess it's something like a military police, and then the Inquisition and its goons works outside that framework.
>>
>>25374757

If there are Moon and Star Legionnaires, I think a generic term like Auxilia would work
>>
File: 1446939991981.jpg (296KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1446939991981.jpg
296KB, 1024x683px
>typical living quarters for a 2nd-Class Citizen in Moon and Star
>>
>>25374848
I've seen worse
>>
Morning guys! I'm going to go ahead and dump my Earthborn Army Creation table.

Also, here are my two other tables for House Moon and Star and the Cult of Laughter for anyone who's interested in making either a legion or a cell.

http://pastebin.com/gZ7Mty2S

http://pastebin.com/ATHDxzw5
>>
The first roll for creating your very own Earthborn army deals with the army's roots. Roughly when this army was formed and who at least initially made up its members.

Origins
Roll 1d10
1-2
Militia Raised
This military force has its roots in a town or city militia, a collection of ponies who banded together to protect their settlements from outsiders, strange foreign peoples, and monsters. They were likely appropriated by House Earthborn after it was formed, and heavily drilled into the fighting force they are today, although they may still have heavy ties to a specific area and other quirks that predate the House.
3-5
Veteran Force
This army was one of the first to be raised up entirely by the House itself. It is roughly as old as House Earthborn and thus has likely evolved as the House itself grew into the society it is today. It is also likely that this force played a role in some of the House’s earliest battles and crises, such as the first battles with House Everfree.
6-9
Volunteer Force
This particular army is a fairly recently made unit of soldiers who willingly joined up to fight with the House for a variety of reasons, ranging from ponies who possess idealistic views of their house to ponies who simply wanted to join and fight out of glory or wanderlust.
Conscription Force
This fairly recently raised army is made up of ponies who were more or less forced to join the House’s military, and could not serve the house in any other way aside from being frontline soldiers.
>>
>>25375312
The next roll deals with the general size of your army and gives a rough idea of where it strategically stands as an element of the House's military

Size
Roll 1d10

1-3
Regiment
2000-6000
A regiment is generally large enough to be considered an army in its own right but is also small enough that it can fill a specialized niche roll as part of a larger force. It typically acts as its own independent force and can sustain itself in most situations.

4-6
Brigade
7,000-11,000
A brigade is typically considered the ideal Earthborn army, and is more often than not quite large and fields a fair variety of troops.

7-8
Division
12,000-16,000
A Division is the largest Earthborn army that is actively mobilized and used by the House, typically serving as the vanguard of most of the House’s campaigns.

9-10
Corps
17,000-21,000
A Corps is a massive Earthborn army that is almost only ever mobilized in the midst of a vital military campaign or in times of crisis. It possesses a huge amount of diverse soldiers, although it is also quite difficult to manage
>>
>>25375330
Next we will roll for Army Type. This is extremely important as it will determine exactly what troops make up your army. Chances are, you will be making multiple rolls here depending on what you rolled for the size of your army

Army Type
Roll 1d10
If Regiment, roll once
If Brigade, roll twice
If Division, roll thrice
If Corps, roll four times
The same Army Type cannot be rolled more than twice

1-3
Cavalry
This army consists of a large core of Ponies-at-Arms, Battle Buckers and Appaloosian Rangers, Hoof Cannoneers, and possibly other unit types depending on what other forces are present

4-6
Pegasi
This army consists of Pegasi Auxiliaries, Lightning’s Finest, Wing Cannoneers, and possibly other unit types depending on what other forces are present

7-8
Buffalo
This army consists of Buffalo Warriors, Buffalo Raiders, and possibly other unit types depending on what other forces are present

9-0
Mechanized
This army consists of Bucker Cannons, Behemoth Cannons, Headbutters, Fortbusters/Beastbusters, and possibly other unit types depending on what other forces are present
>>
>>25375349
The next few rolls will deal specifically with creating the general of your army, who will have a very important influence over how your army fights. First, we roll for what Earthborn strategy your general favors.

General’s Tactics
Note: Regardless of the size of the army, its leader is formally looked upon as a general by the House leadership and rank and file soldiery

What tactics this general prefers does not necessarily preclude the presence of any soldiers in his army but does determine how effectively he may use them.

Roll 1d10
1-5
Lightning Assault

6-0
Devastating Force
>>
>>25375370
The next roll will determine who in House Earthborn your general is on good terms with, which can feasibly affect your army in a number of different ways

General’s Friendship

Roll 1d10
High General Big Macintosh

2-3
Master Engineer Applebloom

Elder Matron Granny Smith

5-6
General Braeburn

7-8
General Lightning Dust

Chief Strongheart

Supreme Commander Applejack
>>
>>25375400
The last roll dealing with your general determines his reputation in House Earthborn. Note that this isn't necessarily an accurate summation of his skills, just how his ability as a general is perceived.

General’s Reputation

Roll 1d10
Disgraced
This general has unfortunately suffered a major defeat in battle in the past, one that may still haunt him to this day. Alternatively, he committed an atrocity that mars his reputation in the eyes of Earthborn's citizens
Poor
This general has likely suffered a number of military defeats in the past, or has repeatedly acted in a seemingly shameful manner
3-4
MEDIOCRE
This general has performed well enough but has yet to show any true brilliance on the battlefield
5-6
Untested
This general has yet to have a real chance to prove his worth to the House
7-8
Skilled
This general has routinely performed successfully in battle, or has seemingly acted in an honorable fashion on multiple occasions
Great
This general has scored a number of military victories in the past, or has repeatedly acted courageously in times of need
Warborn
This general has scored a major victory in battle for House Earthborn, one that likely was of strategic importance to the House. Alternatively, he personally did something so heroic that he is seen as a great soldier in the eyes of Earthborn's citizens
>>
>>25375414
The last role determines which enemy of House Earthborn is considered the personal enemy of this army. Generally, who is it that the soldiers despise the most for whatever reason.

Hatred
Roll 1d10
1-3
Changelings
4-6
House Everfree
House Stormwing
House Whitegold
House Moon and Star
Cult of Laughter
>>
>>25375429
That's all I got for Earthborn's table. Its a fair bit different from either of the other tables I've made before. Criticism or feedback is appreciated as always, and if you're interested I encourage you to try your hand at making an army of your own and coming up with a background story for it
>>
>>25375312
>Rolled 10
Conscripts

>>25375330
>rolled 9
Fuck son, I got a shitton of mudponies

>>25375349
>rolled 10
fuck son, I got a shitton of metal mud ponies

>>25375370
>rolled 3
BLITZKRIEG

>>25375400
>7
more cunty dashie.. I don't understand how hasjew could make a character who was literally Rainbow Dash but more of a cunt but somehow they did.

>>25375414
>6
Yeah, just give one of the most expensive and massively sized armies to a no-name. Fucking mud ponies.
>>
>>25375451
>>25375429
>10
FUCKING ICP JAGGALOS, GO AWAY
>>
File: Swagpocalypse.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Swagpocalypse.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>25375451
>>25375349 (You)
>rolled 10
fuck son, I got a shitton of metal mud ponies

You get MORE than just a shitton of metal mud ponies my friend.
Because you rolled a Corps, that means you get to roll for Army Type 3 more times!
>>
>>25375451
>>25375454
>>25375469
>tfw forgot my name was on

>7
>3
>2
Double cav and some beefalo.
>>
File: Poor Dashie.png (63KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
Poor Dashie.png
63KB, 600x465px
>>25375469
>mfw I call someone a faggot before forgetting to take my name off
>>
>>25375514
I know that feel
>>
>>25375480
So you've got a shitload of infantry backed by Buffalo and a lot of artillery.

Pretty much most of the soldiers in your army were conscripted, the general hasn't done anything worthwhile yet. I foresee many casualties in your future

Coincidentally, for an army of ponies that were pretty much forced to fight, the Cult is considered your biggest enemy.
>>
>>25375454
I am angry
ANGRY ABOUT CULTISTS
>>
>General Marmalade stood watch over his troops.
>Tens of thousands of lives stood before him.
>The overwhelming majority of the Earthborn Army.
>He knew so many of them would die
>And he would be the one to give that order.
>It had been many years since he'd seen his birth city.
>Manehatten, the wretched hole of depravity and opulence.
>The Big Apple some would say..
>It was jokingly called the Big Orange in his youth.
>He'd bring honor to his name and his family by reclaiming it.
>His forces stood ready, thousands of ponies-at-arms stood ready.
>Hundreds of war machines were ready to lay siege to the city.
>The buffalo themselves rallied beneath his banner for this cause.
>They would strike quickly and devastatingly.
>The Wall they built will crumble around them as he leads the charge.
>He had to call in quite a few favors from his.. drinking buddy.
>She could be a reliable sort when pressed at least.
>Her pegasi would give them the needed aerial support.
>Their force stood strong and ready but..
>He could hear the dissent, the whispers of discontent.
>Many of his soldiers never wanted to fight, so young yet burdened.
>His officers told him of general unease in his forces.
>He wouldn't stand for such a thing, he knew quite about their lies.
>He was so young then.. barely even an officer.
>They claimed his troop as easily as he peeled an orange.
>Their madness.. their laughter.. their music.. DO NOT REMEMBER!
>It is foolish to think of that path, they are his enemy.. nothing more.
>His hatred for them burns brighter than for the despoilers or the tyrants.
>Lightning gave him a good word, and his cousins believe in him.
>The Orange will retake the Apple.
>>
File: 10th Cavalry.png (89KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10th Cavalry.png
89KB, 500x500px
>>25375312
>>25375330
>>25375349
7, 9: Heavy brigade
>>25375370
>>25375400
>>25375414
3 BAH, MEDIOCRE
>>25375429

That all being done, anyone who wants this can roll with it. I got my EB unit before the creation table was a thing.
>>
Thanks for all the tables btw matey :)
>>
File: prugruss.png (71KB, 853x815px) Image search: [Google]
prugruss.png
71KB, 853x815px
Delivering on lineart! Colouring soon. I procrastinate a lot, sowwy.
>>
>>25378293
Tell me about it. One of these days, I'll finish up that merc company I rolled.
>>
>>25378293
it looks amazing, can't wait to see how the colored one looks.
>>
>>25375141

Those aren't the slave quarters
>>
>>25378293

Coolio
>>
>>25377681
No problem man! Just my way of trying to contribute and all.

>>25376920
I remember you!

The 10th Cavalry Regiment is among the (many) border units that monitor territory between House Earthborn and House Moon and Star. It's official task is to defend, but more importantly, detect M&S incursions into the Whitetail Woods (Known to Stormwing as WeissesSchwanz Wald). That is the official task however, and more often than not the units find themselves making incursions and raids into M&S territory, most commonly the liberation of lingering slave ponies. Without fail however, these units almost always retreat before a real battle can ensue, as the threat of escalation is omnipresent.

As a Cavalry unit, they consist mostly of Pegasi rather than Earth Ponies. Expected to fight a retreat against a major M&S Invasion, they are equipped to be mobile, and to be ranged, screening against M&S attacks while whittling and slowing them down. The fastest of the unit's Pegasi have however, not a combat role, but rather act as couriers, swiftly delivering reports of enemy activity to higher HQ.

Their tactics, naturally, are Lightning Assault.

Major Alacritous commands 197th Battalion, a unit that, in line with Regimental equipment, consists almost entirely of Pegasi Auxillaries, with Earth ponies around only to crew heavy equipment, most notably the unit's organic Bucker Cannons. The Battalion is subdivided further into Companies, and Companies into Platoons at a ratio of 2 Pegasi Warriors to 1 Wing Cannoneer team. The Major has made a name for himself over recent years as he has conducted several successful raids into M&S with the intent of liberating slaves, and capturing resources. Not once has he been caught. At least, not yet. But when he and his unit are caught, there is going to be one hell of a battle.
>>
Maybe instead of airships, M&S makes flying castles, or flying islands.
>>
Made a quick army out of my new table

Volunteer Force
Brigade
Double Mechanized
Lightning Assault
General Braeburn
Untested
House Everfree

So from what I've gathered, this is a fairly young and green Brigade made up almost entirely of artillery units.

These are likely a huge mass of ponies who have grown up hating the Everfree and happily volunteered for a chance to bury the Everfree underneath their cannons.
>>
Since Celestia's old castle is in the Everfree, I bet the house has gotten a bunch of valuable artifacts from it.
>>
File: 1447022670734.png (245KB, 610x572px) Image search: [Google]
1447022670734.png
245KB, 610x572px
What's this guy's name?

I want to add him to Moon and Star.
>>
>>25380451
TWILIGHT SPARKLES BAWLOON
>>
>>25381983

Canterlot already has bigger balloons, like the fish one.

I think a floating island with lasers on it would be a good super-weapon, though
>>
File: 1446931597736.png (2MB, 1151x2151px) Image search: [Google]
1446931597736.png
2MB, 1151x2151px
Oh wow, Yorick drew this. Not ED related, but still makes you think.
>>
>>25382081
>Not ED related
This idea sort of gets recycled in some of his conceptual thoughts on how ED's plot would proceed. I take some of those with a hefty grain of salt, since some of them are decent but others are batshit insane.
>>
>>25382675

What are the other ones?
>>
Cult fans/OC producers for the Cult, should take a look at a few ideas in this thread, to inspire them.

>>25318412
>>
>>25382991
>>25318521
Shit, man. Even I have standards.
>>
>>25383041

Too grotesque even for ED
>>
>>25382967
Earthborn
>Applejack embarks on a crazy ritual to become literally earthborn, unable to be killed so long as she is in contact with the earth.
>Promptly goes full 1984, counterattacks against the changelings and establishes a 'ministry of truth' to eradicate the concept of a lie from Earthborn territory.

M&S
>Pretty much becomes the Imperium from 40k.
>Twilight goes full God-Emperor, succeeds at her ascension attempt rendering her obscenely powerful but needing to be hooked up to a life-supporting throne.
>She is unable to maintain her control over M&S, Sun and Moon guilds go full civil war while Trixie and the Inquisition gain even more power over the populace and Twilight both.
>Starswirl reveals to Cadance that he's actually part of some kind of astral plane being called the Magus

Everfree
>Fluttershy finally breaks into Starswirl's old laboratory, uses whatever she found to reunite the various Everfree tribes at last
>Allegedly would reveal whatever the Everfree Liege is, along with involving another entity called the Green Mother

Storming
>Gets backstabbed by Griffons because... well, no reason is really given.
>Nearly gets wiped out, but the attack awakens a bunch of semi-immortal ancient pegasi warriors to aid them.

Cult of Laughter
>Finally sets up its first actual city, directly on top of old Ponyville
>Promptly goes contrary to the cult's entire situation up until this point, completely abandons their faction's dynamic up until this point in favor of trying to get everyone into Old Ponyville, where they experience reality as if the war never happened.

Whitegold
>Least happens here, really. They dig up a fuckoff huge gem that talks to Rarity, keeps repeating the names of all the new entities backing the various factions (Green Mother, Magus, Laughing Mare, those ancient pegasus warriors, etc).
>Not much else.
>>
>>25383531

Keeping in mind that these were apparently very rough ideas and we don't know whatever lore Yorick had planned to link this all together, I have very mixed reactions to this:

Some things (Applejack becoming literally earthborn, Whitegold largely sitting out the whole mess, Starswirl finally getting up off his lazy ass and trying to coordinate with Cadance) make sense and are logical developments of the setting.

Other bits, though, are just bad. First off, the setting is no longer 'ponies doing what they think is right no matter the cost' but 'ponies used as chess pieces by their extradimensional entity of choice'. I don't like that, personally; one of the things I like about ED is that all the sides have a reasonably genuine rationale for taking the extreme positions they do. Turning everything into 'because the Chaos Go- er, Magus/Green Mother/giant fucking diamond said so' sits less well with me. On that note, it's also really obvious that Yorick was just cribbing some 40K storylines to fit the factions with these developments, which is bad too.

There's also a lot of 'because the plot said so!' kinds of actions here. Why do the griffons attack during what is Stormwing's strongest position ever? And why does Stormwing fail just hard enough to awaken those immortal warriors? For that matter, why exactly are there semi-immortal ancient pegasi running around now? BECAUSE OF PLOT! Why do all the Everfree factions suddenly get united by a macguffin? BECAUSE OF PLOT! Why does the cult completely switch the way it's acted so far? BECAUSE OF... you know, not even the plot answers this one.
>>
>>25383531
>>25383546

I think these are garbage. I especially agree with you on the extraplanar creatures. ED should be about Ponies, not ponies being used as chess-pieces.

M&S is my favorite faction, so I'll critique what I think Yorick was doing.

>Twilight Ascends

I think becoming an Alicorn should be literally impossible for Twilight in this setting. I'd rather see her get corrupted, and gain power from another source(that doesn't have her turning into a pawn from that source, like Fluttershy and the Everfree liege).

Her being on life support is just a blatant rip-off of Warhammer 40k. I don't mind taking inspiration from Dune, 40k, or Nazis, but that is just venturing into Plagarism territory.

>She is unable to maintain her control over M&S, Sun and Moon guilds go full civil war while Trixie and the Inquisition gain even more power over the populace and Twilight both.

I don't think the dynamic between the guilds is well-established enough for people to even care about infighting. If there had to be a civil war, it'd make more sense if it was between Unicorns,and M&S's underclass.

>Starswirl reveals to Cadance that he's actually part of some kind of astral plane being called the Magus.

I can buy Cadance and Starswirl working together to redeem Twilight. But the whole "magus" thing is just bizarre, and comes way out of the left field.

I'm glad the setting never got that far, because quite honestly, I think we can do a better job.
>>
>>25383531
Let's just be glad this never happened.
ED isn't the best of settings already, it just has a wealth of good assets, and this would have made it unbearably bad.
>>
>>25383531
>Finally sets up its first actual city, directly on top of old Ponyville
This, I like.

>where they experience reality as if the war never happened.
This, not so much.
>>
>>25383531
>set up whitegold as a interesting and kind of unique faction
>clearly has no idea what to do with it since he can't force it into a warhammer storyline
>says "lel gems" and then abandons them
Fucking Yorick. Just about everything here reeks of bad writing.
>>
>>25383837

>wealth of good assets

What does that even mean?
>>
File: 211420_2015-08-18_00015.png (700KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
211420_2015-08-18_00015.png
700KB, 1366x768px
>>25383920

It'd be better if it was a foul, flooded, and creepy ghost town.

And it'd make a great buffer zone between M&S and Earthborn.
>>
>>25383970
Mainly the art, m8. This setting has better art than most alternate universe settings.
There's maps, info sheets and a lot of drawings.
That's assets.

If this setting had just been a bunch of greentext in a pastebin somewhere, I doubt anyone would have cared.
>>
>>25384007

Yeah, but now Yorick doesn't even support the setting anymore.

So it's all on us now.
>>
>>25383693
Pretty much my thoughts when I first saw it, yes.

It's weird - in grand, sweeping terms of 'how the setting is', Yorick's writing makes sense: He's pretty damn good with the unit descriptions and brief character introductions. The general feel for each faction makes sense, and I never said 'wait, it doesn't make sense for X to be there'. Each faction has their own vibe and it fits.

But, when he gets down to the nitty-gritty details of how the plot actually gets from A to B, he's shit. Both these ideas and his backstory for M&S are filled with huge logic gaps and conflicts with the rest of his own setting.
>>
>>25384080

Lay out the plot holes. I know what some of them are, but I think it's high-time we confront them in a thread.
>>
>>25384121
An obvious one is how Cadence and Shining Armour are suddenly racists/supremacists/something seemingly by the whim of the plot.

Canterlot doesn't make any sort of practical sense.
>>
>>25384166

Cadance isn't a racist in ED. She's the one who proposes anti-slavery legislation. The better question is why the hell does an Alicorn Princess tolerate these people in the first place.

I guess she can't beat them yet, and has to bide her time.

Now, Shining Armor is in fact a racist in ED, and I think that's one of the biggest blunders in the setting. The only excuse is that his parents were killed.
>>
>>25384228
In Yorick's defense, that's a pretty fuckin' good reason, as far as violent racism goes.
>>
>>25384261

But he's married to the princess of love. Why hasn't she made him forgive and forget?
>>
Most of the plotholes are from show canon and what yorick tried shoving into the setting as the show's continuum kept expanding.

>Cadence and Shining Armor
Yorick's own words:
>Prince Shining Armor – de jure leader of the house, commander of M&S military forces
>Princess Cadence - head of the Church of the Celestial Sisters, spiritual leader of the house, creator of the Anti-Slavery Act

Cadence is a figurehead, she only has public support. There is no real power beyond her words since the legislature is controlled by a parliament/senate, her sister-in-law doesn't care as long as she gets her wings, and her husband doesn't care as long as his parents are dead.

Did pooryorick ever add in any more 'canon' stories like he did with the Earthborn one and Granny Smith telling Applejack that all the unicorns are evil and magic can only cause suffering.. even though it eluded to the Cult and that only a third of their high prophets are unicorns, and that their biggest abuser of necromancy is a fucking donkey.. BUT ONIKRNZ R EBIL!
>>
>>25384372

>their biggest abuser of necromancy is a fucking donkey.

This is actually an in-universe point I've never seen anyone give a fuck about.
>>
>>25384372
>Prince Shining Armor – de jure leader of the house
Which makes no fucking sense. At all.
Unless Equstria's succession laws are funkier than James Brown, he has no real claim to that title. Remember, he's not related to the previous rulers, and has no title of his own. He married the a title holder, which makes him Prince Consort (different from being a titular Prince), and doesn't really have just claim to anything.
Cadence is adopted (as far as we know), but is still legally speaking related to the Royal Sisters, and holds an actual title.

Cadence should be the de jure leader.
>>
>>25384498

For all we know, The Magisters and Shining Armor go behind Cadance's back, and enact legislation on her behalf.

But that still begs the question why Cadance even puts up with this.
>>
>>25384539
Yeah, but the whole point of Twilight's role is that she let the de jure leadership be inherited (as it should), right? While she takes the role of de facto ruler.
No amount of power play can make Cadence NOT the de jure leader, unless Equestria's succession laws are fucked, or Twilight/Shining somehow directly changed the line of inheritance. And if they did that, it kind of defeats the point of even having a split between the de jure/de facto leader in the first place.

The current situation makes no sense, if Shining is the de jure head.
It's like if Elizabeth II died, and the Duchess of Cornwall became the "ruling" Queen.
>>
>>25384617

The easiest way to solve this problem, is to swap roles.

Turn Cadance into the Empress, and Shining into the Not-Pope.
>>
>>25384276
Sometimes these things are complicated, anon, and some emotions have a more powerful hold than others.

Unless, of course, you're talking about her little mind magic bullshit, in which case your anti-slavery moral high ground is a complete crock.
>>
>>25384644

Cadance seemed pretty non-chalant about using her magic.
>>
>>25384261
The problem is, he's allegedly this way -before- his parents were killed.

>>25384498
>>25384617
It's probably a legalese truth: Shining Armor sits as de jure leader of Moon and Star as a separate entity, but not the actual regent of Equestria itself. Because Moon and Star regards the sisters as still out their somewhere, their thrones are in legal terms held open; no actual successor has been chosen. There's no succession crisis because, in legal terms, succession has not actually occurred.
>>
>>25384640
>>25384640
If I had it my way, I wouldn't do that.
Keeping it short, because it's 5:30 AM here:

I'd have Shining be the Prince Consort and head of the armed forces.
If we let the whole racism thing slide (it's kind of another discussion), he would at the very least be likely to support his sister instead of his wife, because he supports Twilight's ideology/goal, while he thinks his wife is too weak.
As head of the armed forces, he kind of needs to be in Twilight's camp, or else Twilight wouldn't really be the powerful de facto leader she is.
Shining is kind of crucial for that power balance.
>>
>>25384917
I'd have Cadence be the legal ruler of M&S, her title being "Princess of Equestria", AND head of the "faith".
The whole religious aspect of M&S is in my opinion one of the worst parts of it, because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. In the show, Celestia & Luna (C&L) are certainly revered in the way one reveres leaders and idols, but not in a blatantly religious manner. Neither do they seem to have some sort of well-formulated creed or theological role. When Yorick made this religion thing, he was just ripping off Warhammer while being very, very lazy.
Religion requires tradition and some sort of theology, which in ED's case must have been developed in the last 15 years. It's just bad and uninspired.
You could fix it by making it more of a doctrine, and ideology. It fits M&S's general theme more, and it makes the Not-Pope role easier to handle. Because Cadence is the inheritor of C&L's realm, she is also the inheritor of their legacy, their creed (as formulated by the Guilds and the Inquisition, naturally). Make it less religious, and integrate it with the ruler title.

Now the lore is less messy, Shining has a clearer role, and Cadence has some spot.
/rant

>>25384862
>here's no succession crisis because, in legal terms, succession has not actually occurred.
Interesting, but I don't see how it legitimises Shining's claim to de jure leadership any more.
It just seems like a piece of bad writing, honestly.
>>
>>25384944

I was thinking M&S religion would be a bit new-age, and focused on self-improvement.

Like meditation, and trying to get to the astral plane.
>>
>>25384862
>he's allegedly this way -before- his parents were killed
First I'm hearing about this, and I've been tracking ED for years.
>>
>>25384944
Adding to this:
As far as I'm aware, unless a specific regent or regency council has been appointed, it is customary for regencies to follow the line of succession. Cadence would then have a claim to the title of Princess Regent. Shining Armour is not in the line, and would then only take take the role if some entity with enough legal authority could appoint him Regent instead of his wife. Which would require good reason.

The essence of what I'm saying is:
If Shining Armour is the Regent, it didn't happen by itself. Something rather major went down.

>>25384985
That's probably a good way to look at it. More New Age/cheap Buddhism with an ideological side, less Catholicism.
>>
>>25385038

I've been developing 2 substances for use in M&S society.

Aetherium, and Alicorn blood.

Mined from beneath Canterlot, Alicorn blood is a liquid element that's red, and flows from stone. When it precipitates, it forms a crystalline substance that can hold magical energy.

When in liquid form, it can be consumed to enhance a unicorn's magical abilities, and enhance a unicorn's connection to the astral plane.

I was thinking that ritual drug use would be a part of M&S religious ceremonies.
>>
>>25385072
I don't know if I'm onboard with that, Anon.
The crucial point of M&S "religion" is that it derives it's legitimacy by being essentially the state-enforced and normalized legacy of the Royal Sisters, right? That's the whole reason it isn't just blatantly "Twilight's Teachings" or "How the State wants you yo Think". It needs to, at least superficially, show some sort of connection with the royal sisters.
If the Catholic Church introduced a ritual that had nothing to do Christ, his teachings, or the Catholic canon, it holds little legitimacy.

What does ritual drug use have to do with Celestia or Luna? Why is this a religious matter?
You really need to justify it in that context to have it make any sort of sense.

I can't, and won't, attempt to stop you from working on that aspect. But it's not what I would do.
>>
>>25385072
>ritual drug use
The Cult or House Everfree would be much more fitting.
>>
>>25385154
>>25385169

I was thinking that the Unicorn race is starting to evolve itself. I technically don't need to frame it in a religious context, but it was mostly as a way to to put in the tabletop, an item that would let spellcasters reroll failed power dice.

M&S Magic goes well beyond what we've seen in the show, there has to be a reason for it.

You can't fault the "magical battery" part, though.
>>
Man, I remember back in the day when this was a quest thread! Those were the days... why, I helmed House Whitegold with a couple of other chaps and we did admirably well. We partnered up with House Everfree and scrubbed our cities of Cultist influence. It was fun as hell. This looks fun, too, but it was certainly also entertaining to roleplay everything and test our creativity.
>>
File: more kindling for the fire.jpg (119KB, 364x457px) Image search: [Google]
more kindling for the fire.jpg
119KB, 364x457px
>>25385764
>alliances
>roleplay
>FUN
>>
>>25385764
I remember watching a few of those threads back when I first started browsing /mlp/.
They did look like pretty fun stuff
>>
>>25385831
aw come on man you're being pretty subjective right now. You might not enjoy it, but a bunch of us had a great time! I think it's more fulfilling to create your own story with your mates and be an essential character in the tale than to play Warhammer: Ponythousand, but that's just my opinion! Actually, now that I think about it, I'd probably play both.
>>
File: magnets.jpg (30KB, 512x446px) Image search: [Google]
magnets.jpg
30KB, 512x446px
>>25385960
>>
>>25385764
This reminds me, were we still going to do a CYOA at some point?
>>
>>25386094

I hope Statfag gets around to it
>>
>>25385977
oh you see I didn't get that. You know I read somewhere that it's hard to discern sarcasm without tone of voice. I apologize for not picking up on the joke.
>>
File: castle siege.jpg (146KB, 1280x623px) Image search: [Google]
castle siege.jpg
146KB, 1280x623px
Would you guys be up for a writefag?

I've been lurking ED for a while and while I'm not that interested in the roleplay aspect I really like the world.

If you'd like it I can write a little warfic. I'm thinking Earthborn vs. Moon and Star. Anyone interested?
>>
>>25386677
do it, brah
>>
>>25386110
I want to start it up, but honestly I've only seen a couple of people contribute anything when I've asked for it. It's hard to get motivation when very few people seem interested. Or maybe I'm just bitching I dunno.
>>25386677
Fuckn do it mang.
>>
>>25386677

Go ahead. From who's POV is it?

>>25387361

Look at it it this way.

On /tg/ when people do quests, a lot of the time, there's no way to guarantee how successful it is. I've seen some start from humble beginnings, to over 100 parts.
>>
Moon and Star really needs an answer to Earthborn artillery.

I think that huge barrier that solidifies on artillery impact would do the trick.

The onus would be on Earthborn, to wade into Moon and Star lines to forcibly disable these barriers.

And I'm not talking from a tabletop perspective. I'm talking about a lore perspective.
>>
>>25387636
Using one of those huge magic boosting statues to 'curve' trajectories away from the front line could also work.

The shield is more surefire but takes vastly more effort to maintain and his harder to recast if it gets broken.

Both a passive and an active defensive system.
>>
>>25387615
>Go ahead. From who's POV is it?
Earthborn's

First parts almost up guys.

btw I'm not a native English speaker so there'll be some grammatical fuck ups. Any corrections are welcome
>>
>>25387683

I was thinking the "big shields" Would only be put in very important places, like towns or extremely strategic passes.

Canterlot's shield is absolutely overkill, though, not even letting non-Unicorns in.

I like the bending idea.

>>25387684

Nice. It'll make a nice contrast to the story where my Auxilia execute some Apples ;^)
>>
>>25387719
Doesn't work. Pound cake is part of the cult.
>>
>>25387793
He is? Well shit that throws a wrench into the story, I didn't know that.

Well fuck, time for a rewrite. Any other background characters that are canonically part of earthbound.?
>>
>>25387793
Isn't the cult still undercover? Wouldn't it's members be masquerading as members of other factions?
>>
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/197422/equestria-divided/thread/57926/general-discussion-canon-characters

It's better to just make OCs for these kinds of things.

>>25387828

I'm pretty sure Pound Cake is a prophet. He has better things to do.
>>
>>25387833
Thank you. There were at least two other characters on that list I was planning on using. I thought it would be better to use existing characters but it looks like it will be OCs.
>>
>>25387854
Use the wiki and cadge bg horses that no one else uses. Worked for me.
>>
The more I read about Dune/watch the Dune movie, the more I want to work on Moon and Star.
>>
>”Colonel Shady Daze, sir”.
>”Yes?”.
>”The high general is ready to see you, sir”.
>”Thank you”.
>The guard opened the door to the main hallway.
>Shady Daze walked down the hallway towards two elite ponies-at-arms standing guard by the end.
>As he approached, one of the guards opened the door to the main office.
>Inside was an old office turned strategy board. A large table in the middle held a map of Equestria.
>Empty bookshelves lined the walls, all covered in boards with maps and charts of all kinds.
>At the end sat high general Big MacIntosh, musing over some documents.
>”High General, sir” Shady Daze saluted.
>“Have a seat”.
>Shady obliged and pulled out a chair across the desk to the High General.
>Big Mac looked inquisitively over his papers, leaving The young colonel to himself.
>Shady Daze attempted to hold his composure but anyone could tell he was nervous. >”Colonel Shady Daze” The high general said without looking up.
>”Yessir” He snapped back.
>”You served under general Golden Top for six months in a border outpost near Whitegold territory, is this correct”
>”Yes sir”
>”And is it also correct ya took out a mercenary dog raiding camp in that time?”
>”Yes sir”
>Big Mac laid down his document and picked up another one in front of him.
>”This is a comment from general Golden Top: ‘Colonel Shady Daze has shown a great cunning and enthusiasm, unparalleled by any other recruit under my command. He has a great synergy with the soldiers and instills strong trust and respect in anypony under his command. He has several times demonstrated talent in tactics and planning and is vigilant in all his execution. His imagination and excellent problem solving ability is only enhanced by his strong, young mind and body. Ah believe he could prove a great asset to our great army”
>Smugpepe.jpeg

Well after that previous fuck up here's the revised version.
>>
I get the feeling PoorYorick had no idea what to do with Whitegold.
>>
>>25388030
Its a non militant faction in a setting about war. Enough to write about but hard to incorporate into the plot without it being 'war averted, we bought your army on bitcoin.'
>>
>>25388055

Just because a faction is mercantile, doesn't mean it can't be violent.

Just look at the Venetians.
>>
File: Venezianische_Kolonien.png (92KB, 1206x796px) Image search: [Google]
Venezianische_Kolonien.png
92KB, 1206x796px
>>25388055
>non militant faction
They're actually stated as being at war, with Diamond Dogs, in their info sheet. They likely don't want to fight the other major factions, but look at how the Venetians went all colonial.
>>
>>25388055
I'd really like to think that Whitegold could find enough ways to profit off of war so that they could take some kind of active role in what goes on in the setting
>>
>>25388120

There has to be some merchants in Whitegold that go on raids, and sell the slaves to Moon and Star.

The profits are too enticing to ignore.
>>
File: wasp-nest1-intact1.jpg (91KB, 560x840px) Image search: [Google]
wasp-nest1-intact1.jpg
91KB, 560x840px
Earthborn thinks they can burn down the Everfree, but Fluttershy has WASPS
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (126KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
126KB, 1440x1080px
>thinking white anglo-saxon protestants are going to do anything
>>
File: Beehive.jpg (106KB, 615x803px) Image search: [Google]
Beehive.jpg
106KB, 615x803px
>>25388181

You know what I mean.
>>
>>25388171
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2465276/Killer-hornets-nest-destroyed-FLAME-THROWER-Chinas-army.html
>>
>>25388196

The problem is that they'll see you, before you hear their infernal buzzing.

And they'll descend on you, and sting you with weird Everfree poisons that make you hemorrhage or have organ failure.
>>
File: Burning KEK.jpg (81KB, 570x441px) Image search: [Google]
Burning KEK.jpg
81KB, 570x441px
>>25388214
The answer is simply, I must constantly surround myself with fire.

The Everfree Bees are insane with evil, so I must be even more crazy than them!
>>
>>25388248

Earthborn needs more people like you.
>>
>>25388280
Thanks anon, I appreciate the sentiment
>>
Why did Yorick think turning Earthborn into 1984 Oceania was a good idea?
>>
Well, I was thinking about Moon and Star's legal bodies.

An assembly of magisters.

Composed of a low "Diet of Magisters", and a high "Assembly".

The High Assembly would have Trixie, Shining Armor, Twilight Sparkle, The Leader of The Sun Guild, and the Leader of the Moon Guild.

I'm thinking that they could control the assembly, by controlling what gets discussed/voted on in the first place.

The low assembly would be any magister in M&S
>>
>>25388431

Oh, crap.

I mean, a low assembly, and a high council.

But you get the idea.
>>
Looking forward t more green
>>
THE GUILD OF SCULPTORS

In Moon and Star society, magic is being used in more and more ingenious ways. One of the most esteemed guilds in Canterlot, is the guild of sculptors.

Using magic, they can subtly alter a pony, over a period of time. The younger the subject, the more pronounced the effects are.

In fact, a sculptor can change an unborn foal in a variety of ways, influencing it's future.

Parents with an eye for the future, pay good money for a scultpor to make their child smarter, or stronger, or both.
>>
If Statfag won't make a CYOA, I'd consider running one.
>>
>>25388334
Probably because he wasn't thinking about "how can I make my waifu be not as much of an asshole?" In this world, EVERYBODY is some form of incontrovertibly fucked-up.

As it should be.
>>
>>25390904

I can tell that Earthborn and the Cult were Yorick's favorites.

But the way Yorick was going with Earthborn, the faction was becoming more "Evil" than Moon and Star.
>>
>>25391084
Yeah. They were. The worst kind of evil is the kind that genuinely believes it is good. Say what you want about Twilight's motives; deep down, she KNOWS she's insane. Applejack, on the other hand, is prideful and arrogant, firmly entrenched in her belief that her way is the true and good way.
>>
>>25391118

I don't know whether or not Twilight knows she's insane, but at least I can see some logic from her behavior.

>do her best to maintain the power structure of old Equestria
>Use a racist group to her own ends
>Concoct a religion to pacify the population
>Keep her borders safe long enough for her to become an Alicorn
>If she becomes an Alicorn, than in her mind, all that suffering would be justified.

Meanwhile, as someone else in this thread has said

>...Granny Smith telling Applejack that all the unicorns are evil and magic can only cause suffering.. even though it eluded to the Cult and that only a third of their high prophets are unicorns, and that their biggest abuser of necromancy is a fucking donkey.
>>
>>25391155
One, we know next-to-nothing about how the Cult's necromancy even works. Is it "magic", as unicorn magic is "magic", or is it something else entirely?

Two,
>their biggest abuser of necromancy is a fucking donkey
Sure, but does he actually cast the shit sustaining him, or just utilize it? Does he take potions, or does he pray for extended life? Like I said, we have no idea the Cult's necromancy even is, other than spoopy.

Three, can I get a source on the Granny Smith thing? I'm not seeing anything about Granny Smith in the original artwork, other than that she "serves as a source of wisdom and advice in these troubled times".
>>
>>25391253
A long time ago, when pooryorick was a real person who existed in the land of the living.. he posted a fanfic about Earthborn. It had Applejack talking to all the main characters and telling her what they're doing is right. The ending scene was Granny Smith telling her that unicorns are evil.
I actually tried looking for it, I cannot find it.

There is a reason why I used canon in scare quotes because I cannot remember if it was actually canon canon or just a featured fanfic. I only remember that it was on pooryorick's deviantart
>>
>>25391517
Found it
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/197422/equestria-divided/thread/14122/house-earthborn-the-practice-of-dehorning-unicorns
>>
>>25391517
I remember this. It was posted in one of his journals on his Deviantart account, which of course makes it now inaccessible. I'd been hoping to find he'd posted the whole thing on one of the other forums he hung out on, but no luck
>>
>>25391552
That is a forum thread, not a fic, and it still doesn't say anything about Granny Smith other than what I already knew. What am I missing? Is it that broken link?
>>
Moon and Star actually has a better system in place than Earthborn.

>Earth Ponies are not actually all that numerous
>You just lost 1/3 of your population's support, who probably will go to Moon and Star now.

Meanwhile, M&S has

>Slavery, but it's not restricted to just Earth Ponies or Pegasi
>A system of 2nd-class citizenship in place, that guarantees Earth Pony relevance in M&S, because of their value for farming.

Earthborn is a nice idea on paper, but terrible in execution.
>>
M&S may be inspired by Nazis, but Earthborn in some ways reminds me of Pol Pot
>>
>>25391636
It's in part 2
>>
>>25391817
I trust you. Unfortunately, I cannot verify because all of the links are dead.
>>
>>25391636
When I read it, it was years ago and I literally posted off of memory since I do not know where the fuck is. Seeing how I don't have a photographic memory.. some facts might be wrong.

I just remember Applejack having her doubts and Granny Smith telling her that unicorns are evil and that M&S are evil and that the cult are evil and that magic is evil and that she's old and gonna die and she wants her grand babies to live happy lives dehorning evil unicorns with their evil magic.
>>
>>25391884
Thanks for trusting me m80 :^)

but yeah, it's been fucking years and I am basing this all off memory.. it might be archived somewhere, but google is uselss
>>
Earthborn will never be happy.

Today it's Unicorn magic.

Tomorrow it's Cult magic

Day after that it's Everfree Magic

And after that it's Pegasus Weather Magic.
>>
>>25391930
And remember that Friendship is Magic, Anon.
You need to ban friendship.
>>
I think an Equestria under Earthborn, would actually be one of the worst things that could happen to it.

I mean, you could argue that it's bad if any faction came into control.

But I have visions of grey skies, bad weather and industrial smoke and waste everywhere.

Everyone is afraid to talk, because if they lie, they can get killed.
>>
>>25391987
>Everyone is afraid to talk, because if they lie, they can get killed.

Well hang on, I agree that an Equestria under Earthborn wouldn't be a very happy place but let's not get Yorick's later shit into this too. That just makes everyone look a lot worse
>>
File: _C14059PictPowChenYanning59.jpg (351KB, 1080x746px) Image search: [Google]
_C14059PictPowChenYanning59.jpg
351KB, 1080x746px
>>25392003

Well barring that, there'd still be pollution, and race warfare.
>>
>>25392105
Yeah, it would still be pretty bad. I honestly don't see how the complete lack/loss of magic will help things out either.
>>
How does Cult necromancy work?

Non-unicorns can do Everfree Magic, right?
>>
>>25394027
It isn't explained in canon, it kinda just does. It could be just about any number of things.

As for the Everfree, I am making it forest magic so druids/shamans don't got to explain shit.
I assume so because whenever the Everfree is spoken of the ponies give up their natural gifts for forest shit.

My muse still hasn't struck me, so I am without ideas for more magic spells.
>>
>>25394416
>something-something thorns
Terrain interdiction

>something-something swarm of pests
Kills shit ded
>>
>>25394416

A spell that makes gunpowder weapons/cannons overheat and explode.
>>
Which faction do you want to see lose the most?
>>
>>25395398
How do you mean? If one faction "wins", doesn't that mean the rest all have lost?

If I absolutely had to pick just one? Earthborn.
>>
>>25395572

I mean just one faction in particular, that'd you'd be happy to see "lose" in the setting.
>>
File: image.jpg (675KB, 1032x1325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
675KB, 1032x1325px
>>25395398
None of them really. I don't really want any of them to win either.

I'd&d like to see all of them fight each other for a really long time.
>>
>>25395398
I honestly don't want to see anyone win or lose, at least not for a very long time
>>
Been waitin' for this! Rolling!

>>25375312
>7
>Volunteers

>>25375330
>3
>Regiment

>>25375349
>5
>Pegasi

>>25375370
>9
>Devastating Force

>>25375400
>9
>Chief Strongheart

>>25375414
>6
>Untested

>>25375429
>2
>Changelings

Pegasi with Devastating Force? Fuck my rolls. I'll see what I can bring together for it after I sleep.
>>
>>25395836
Two words.

Dive Bomb
>>
>>25395398
The only one I actively want to loose is Cult. It doesn't make sense that a bunch of psychopaths could hold themselves together enough to be an effective fighting force.
>>
>>25395924
In an insane world, maybe insanity is the best choice.
>>
Would anybody mind if I converted some of the armies to 40k. I really don't like opwfb but I don't want to get in the way.
>>
>>25395860
What would the Earthborn equivalent of a Heavy Lancer be?
>>
>>25397205
A Juggernaut?
For a pegasi equivalent, I suppose you'd find a really big Pegasus like Bulk Biceps and toss some Juggernaut armor on him.

That could be pretty cool
>>
Technically this could be seen as parody, alternate universe, non-mane6

Could we possibly kickstart a game off of this?
>>
>>25397741
Kickstarting an RTS or a wargame strategy would be hard, but i mean, what can we lose
Thread posts: 257
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.