[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To this day I have yet to watch MMC or anything past Season 3.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: 1074.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1074.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
To this day I have yet to watch MMC or anything past Season 3.

Am I really missing anything?
>>
Only adequate bait.
>>
I mean hey, if you enjoy missing out on some of the best episodes of the series, than you do you.
>>
>>25352118

Not bait. I heard Season 4 was awful so I never got around to watching it and would feel weird skipping right to Season 5. So I just stopped at 3.
>>
>>25352128
>best episodes of the series
feh
>>
it goes down during S3, but it bounces back during S4 and S5 (imo)
>>
>>25352109
Nope.
>>
>>25352109
>muh show died after s3
top notch meme, family.
>>
>>25352192
Twilicorn is that bad, I guess
>>
>>25352109

If there are two Raritys does that mean she's not a rarity anymore?
>>
>>25352109
>>25352139
Season 4 isn't awful and many consider season 5 the best season so far. I recommend watching both, but it's up to you of course. Also, MMC is shit storywise, but if nothing else the songs are good enough to make it watchable at least once.
>>
>>25352192
Meme or not, it's true. The show (and this board) was objectively better before Twilicorn got shoehorned in.
>>
>>25352285
Wew lad that's a pretty shite opinion you have there to be honest
>>
>>25352289
There was a time when the overwhelming majority of the board held that opinion, but as it can be plainly see, the Hasbro shit-eaters won out

Twilicorn is great, EQG is great, and Faust is unironically hated. This place has literally turned on its head.
>>
File: GiddyUp.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GiddyUp.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>25352109
S3 fucked up with everything, but go watch S4 to see cute horses.
>>
>>25352109
youre missing 2 seasons. why would you ask a question you know the answer to?

also fuck off.
>>
>>25352109
S4 is the show kinda getting back up after the rocky S3. Then S5 comes and nearly every episode is pretty damn good.
>>
>>25352315
The fucked-up thing about it is, I can't even tell who's being sincere and who's just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
>>
>>25352266
>s5 is good
is this the new meme now?
>>
>>25352109
>Not watching MMC
>Not knowing what the shit is all about
>Pretending to care
Go kill yourself faggot
>>
>>25352346
He just wants to shitpost and jack off
>>
>>25352315
>There was a time when the overwhelming majority of the board held that opinion, but as it can be plainly see, the show improved significantly in season 5
fixd
>>
>there are people on the board RIGHT NOW who will defend this
>>
>>25352386
I've literally never seen anyone defend these designs as good, closest I've seen is "it doesn't bother me that much".
>>
>>25352381
>Twilicorn still exists
>Crystal fucking castle

No.
>>
>>25352381
fuck off with your shitty meme

it's literally shitposters like you that killed this board
>>
>>25352315
I don't hate Faust, but her position and contribution for the show was horrendously exaggerated.

The main reason some people say they don't like anything after season 2 is that she wasn't part of it. It's a complete bullshit reason.
>>
>>25352429
>change makes me angry

>>25352431
>disagreeing with me = shitposting
>>
>>25352436
>her position and contribution for the show was horrendously exaggerated
>Not believing Faust is the true pony goddess
You're a fucking retard
>>
>>25352436
Other than the fact that it's a betrayal of her "little girl cartoons don't have to be condescending garbage" vision?
>>
>>25352455
>no more didactic, shoehorned in friendship reports that condescend toward the audience and their ability to understand the theme
>animation quality vastly improved
>fewer plots that are just tired sitcom cliches (e.g. The Ticket Master, one of Lauren's own episodes)
>episodes with more mature and complex themes (e.g. Flight to the Finish, season 5 opener)
>characters are actually progressing and developing, show isn't afraid to change the status quo
>lol the show is just condescending garbage now
I'm not saying season 1 was bad, but the show has VASTLY improved and anyone who thinks otherwise either has very peculiar standards or is blinded by nostalgia.
>>
>>25352451
Nice meme
>>
File: AbeOik6.jpg (3KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
AbeOik6.jpg
3KB, 160x160px
>>25352528
>but the show has VASTLY improved
>the show is good if you ignore how shit it is
I was either going to post this or a screenshot of the castle, and in the end this won out.
>>
>>25352109
If I had an opportunity to go back in time and stop myself from watching MMC, I would do so in a heartbeat.
>>
>>25352528
>no central theme to bookend episodes and tie the narrative together
>good animation will never save shit writing
>more episodes with riveting plots such as "meme:the episode" or "meme:the episode, with dreams" or "manly guy crossdresses"
>no more episodes like "art of the dress" that talks about real world problems artists face, instead we have "bad guy makes cult"
>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who call Twilicorn "character progression"

Have you considered suicide?
>>
>>25352386
It's a show for little girls. What did you expect it to look like?
>>
>>25352109

Quite a lot, actually.
>>
nostalgic fags should leave this board and never come back
>>
>>25352451
Did you know that she didn't come up with the idea of weather control?
>>
>>25352109

Watch it
Season 5 has a bit more quality than season 4, and season 4 to season 3
>>
>>25352139
Whoever told you that has shit taste and should have their viewing capabilities rescinded.
>>
>>25352770
disregard this faggots opinion.
>>
>>25352315
Twilicorn is still racist and Equestria Girls is still sexiest and it's still sucks!
>>
>>25352801
>Equestria Girls is still sexiest
woah, talk about a freudian slip!
>>
>>25352724
Yet she seemingly came up with ponies being led by two seemingly one-of-a-kind goddesses
>>25352666
Hasdrone
>>
File: 1442741009375.gif (2MB, 519x360px) Image search: [Google]
1442741009375.gif
2MB, 519x360px
>>25352139
>not forming your own opinions

Let me guess, you watch and read game reviews?

How about trying it for yourself and forming your own ideas instead of listening to other people? I mean I get hearing other viewpoints, but taking their sole opinion as your own?

Get a backbone anon.
>>
>>25352855
A lot of the stuff she came up with was done by other people and lost to history. Or other people helped her along.
>>
>>25352528
>no more didactic, shoehorned in friendship reports that condescend toward the audience and their ability to understand the theme
Twilicorn evolved Twalot into a Mary sue , killing the character, she doesnt "learn" anymore, this show is pure SoL atm
>animation quality vastly improved
That an obligation stupid fuck
>fewer plots that are just tired sitcom cliches (e.g. The Ticket Master, one of Lauren's own episodes)
>introduction to the personality of the mane 6
>literally pilot episode
Ticket master was neccesary for the develop of the show
>episodes with more mature and complex themes (e.g. Flight to the Finish, season 5 opener)
>implying " le brainwash is bad" centered ep is in some way more mature than RoH
S2 premiere found flaws in worldwide accepted values
>characters are actually progressing and developing, show isn't afraid to change the status quo
>Twilicorn

>lol the show is just condescending garbage now
>ep 100 Slice of life:
>>
>>25352916
You're saying she just loudly claimed "I'M GOING TO CHANGE LITTLE GIRL CARTOONS FOR THE BETTER"?
>>
>>25352936
>Ticket master was neccesary for the develop of the show
???
>>
>>25352962
Well she did stuff. But other people helped and they don't get credit.

Tell me right now who was the person who designed most of the show's backgrounds. Hell, tell me the person that is in charge of it now. This is an important part of what the show is but no one knows.
>>
>>25352999
It's now made by a committee of cynical toy execs and yes men
>>
>>25352899

Alright faggot, I'll start by not listening to you since you clearly assume things and can't give advice without contradicting yourself.
>>
>>25353030
See, you don't even know. You have no clue who Phil Caesar is.
>>
>>25353036
You should try watching an episode or two from S4.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.