[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Equus Heroes Saga(CYOA)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 3

File: cooltext146605931666507.png (46KB, 814x79px) Image search: [Google]
cooltext146605931666507.png
46KB, 814x79px
With your kingdom taken, your father dead, and your sibling captured. It was left up to you to rescue your family, take your country back, and bring justice to those responsible.
>>
Are you a Prince or Princess?
>>
>>25336270
Fuck it.

Princess BECAUSE BATTLE BABE
>>
>>25336270
Prince
>>
>>25336445
Why
>>
>>25336479
Flipped a coin.
>>
>>25336507
You are kicking me in the dick anon.
>>
Prince
>>
Princess
>>
>>25336561
(Why you wear no cup!?)
>>
>>25336270
>2 votes for both prince and princess
Fuck it.

We're a princess masquerading as our dead twin brother in order to stop the line of successful from passing to our corrupt and incompetent uncle.
>>
>>25336603(You Sir! Deserve a cookie.)
Pick the race of the Masquerading Princess.
>>
>>25336629
Changeling
>>
>>25336629
Unicorn.
>>
>>25336629
Pegasus.
Roman aesthetics are the best aesthetics.

>>25336643
Nah man, that makes the disguise and deception elements too easy.
>>
>>25336678
I just like Changelings
>>
>>25336244
Have you considered trying something besides the same thing that's failed so many times already?
>>
>>25336707
I'm pretty sure it was the execution that failed more than the premise.
Coltshans last attempts were trying too hard to be vidya, right? Maybe this time he's going to take a more narrative driven approach.
>>
>>25336643
>>25336647
>>25336693
>>25336678
How about I make the Changeling disguised as her dead Unicorn brother in search of her pegasus cousin
>>
>>25336747
Whatever.
>>
>>25336707
The only thing that's the same so far is a CYOA with a midevil setting.
>>
>>25336747
Lame. Let's just pick 1 race.
>>
>>25336747
That's a little too convoluted for my tastes, and that must be one fucked up family tree.
I'd rather change my vote from pegasus to unicorn than go with that.
>>
>>25336647
I'll switch to pegasus.
>>
>>25336788
>>25336782
Cheeky. OP should just choose himself what he thinks would work best.
>inb4 he picks earth pony just to fuck with us.
>>
Pegasus.
The gentle rocking of the ship was all you've heard for the past month as you are gently shook awake.
>"Eh! Wake up lady, the old dog wants you up too".
You rise up from your hammock giving your tired wings avoid stretch as you wipe the gunk away from your eyes. Making your way through the sailor's at work and the swaying of the ship you finally make it top side. You gaze out into blue sky with seldom a cloud in the air. You finish your watching as you spot your three loyal retainer's.

Lassaye: A veteran and aged tutor to yourself.
Forest: A Rookie Knight, assigned to your Bodyguard, and adheres to knightly virtues.
Reese: A Rookie Knight whom was with your father as he fell in battle. Hotheaded.
>Speak?
Lassaye?
Forest?
Reese?
>>
>>25336952
Lassaye
>>
>>25336952
Talk to Lassaye. Ask him (or her) about his opinion on our current political situation. Also ask how long it'll be until we reach our destination.
>>
>>25336244
>Equus Heroes Saga
Tear Ring Saga?
I refuse to believe you came up with your own shit this time.
>>
>>25337099
>The game takes place on an island continent called Riberia, which had long been divided and ruled under four kingdoms. However, these kingdoms were destroyed by the evil Zoa Empire and its devil-worshipping ruler, and the island was starting to regress into a period of instability and darkness. The Rīve Kingdom was one of the four kingdoms of Riberia, and the first protagonist, Runan (リュナン Ryunan?), is the prince of Razelia; one of the principalities within the kingdom. After the fall of his father's principality, he escaped and went into hiding in a nearby port-town. However, this town also fell into the hands of the Empire, and Runan and Holmes (ホームズ?), the prince of another one of the kingdom's principalities, retreat to the newly created Uelt Kingdom with a small contingent of troops. The two receive assistance from the Uelt king, and begin a long journey to destroy the evil empire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tear_Ring_Saga
>>
>>25337031
" You called for me Lassaye "?
Noticing your arrival the old Diamond motions you over. He pulls out a map and points to a small continent quite far from home.
>" Yes Princess Princess Nova, were almost at Epona where were to meet with your Uncle, the Duke of Coltise and get his help in restoring our country to it's former glory. Sadly we must begin anew in these new lands as it would the best course for you. Anyway, were about to arrive at the port by the hours end".
>Speak?
Forest
Reese

>Wait until you arrive?
>>
>>25337184
Speak to reese
>>
>>25337209
" Hey Reese, about my father"? The Earth pony was nervously twiddling his hooves.
>"Sorry Princess, he never that arrow coming. He was struck in the neck by an arrow. There was not a thing we could do to help him. But that doesn't mean that I'll fail you too. I would rather die than live with such failure again".
"Thanks Reese I appreciate your loyalty but try not to die on me okay"?
>"Of course Princess, I don't plan on dying anytime soon.
>Speak?
Forest
>Wait until you dock?
>>
>>25337291
I heard him the first time. What does forest have to say.
>>
"Hey Forest? How you holding up"?
A smile washes over Forest as he responds.
>" Shouldn't I be the one asking Princess, we knight's of chivalry must ensure your utmost safety and comfort. If you have any problems, just call and I shall accommodate you accordingly ".
" Well thanks, and you sure have the courtly speech down".
The Port has finally reached harbor as your group leaves the ship and ee nter the port town.
>Anything you could think of doing here?
>Onwards to theManor!
>>
>>25337387
See if there is anything of note in the port town. otherwise head to the manor.
>>
>>25337425
There's some shops and a pub but nothing too noteworthy. Your group makes your way to the Manor at Mullberry. The guards let you inside as your enter the main room.
>"No, it can't be? Is that little Nono after all this time"?
"Yeah Uncle it's little Nono, I've missed you".
>" Well this calls for a celebration, let us all dine in honor of my niece's safe return to family and friends"!
Later that day...
The dining hall table was sprawled out as fellow nobles, soldiers, and staff are at the same table.
There was foods of many kinds, and some you've never even seen before. Inevitably the wine and drink was brought out. Well Father always wanted you to try new things, right?

>Have a Toast?
>Drink a little?
>Drink a lot?
>Stay Sober?
>>
>>25337505
Stay sober.
>>
>>25337516
You place the wine goblet back down as you tuck into some greens and fish. You finish your plate as you go to find some fruit.
You grab some berries, an apple and a banana and return to your seat. A Stallion trots up next to you with a platter of sweets.
" Hello Madam, may I have this seat"?

>"No".
>"Um, Sure"?
>>
File: Robb_Dead.jpg (695KB, 2700x1796px) Image search: [Google]
Robb_Dead.jpg
695KB, 2700x1796px
>>25336244
I have a feeling I know how this'll end.
>>
Just stop trying. For everyone's sake.
>>
>>25337561
Colt, is this another CYOA based on a game?
>>
>>25337672
See
>>25337099
>>25337116
>>
>>25337676
Those are anons talking about it. I wat to hear it from him.
>>
>>25337686
He'll never admit it. He'll just ignore it like usual.
>>
>>25337561
sure
>>
>>25337686
No. I wanted it be more of a political thing. There won't be any gamey stuff this time.
>>
>>25337708
Wait, so this is actually original!?!
>>
>>25337708
You want to explain the near identical plot and name to Tear Ring then?
>>
>>25337704
He seats himself beside you as he starts eating some cake. Where he got the cake from only Celestia knows.
"Ya Know, I always love a good party. Great food, fine drink, and good company. The names March by the way, and word is your uncle is gonna set you up in old Marelina Castle. I want to be the first friend you make in this lovely little Court. So how about our two houses make an alliance to cement our friendship?

>Accept?
>Decline?
>>
>>25337752
We know way to little about this guy.
>>
>>25337773
" Sorry Sir but we've only just met and this is a very big decision, allow me the time to think this over".
>"Oh, I understand. Apologies for my directness, but I shall leave to your thoughts lady Nova.
After another hour or so the party had finally died down as you helped your Uncle to his Chambers.
>"Thank No-no, and please get some rest. You have to get proper rest if your going to be a good princess.".
"Thanks Uncle, I'll keep that in mind, and good night". You give him a hug and shut his door as start heading towards your room.
>Ask other Nobles About March?
>Get some Sleep?
>>
>>25337830
It would be rude to not look into it immediately, at least a little bit.
>>
>>25337881
You find a couple of the other Nobles at a table playing Chess.
" Excuse Sirs' but what do you know of Lord March"?
>"Oh him? Nothing but a vagabond, some commoner thinking he can "earn" his way into nobility ".
<" Well I for one approve of how he runs his lands at least. Although he isn't a "true" noble, he does take good care of his people. Although he is quite an ambitious one if your asking about him"?
"Thank you Sirs' and good evening".
You return to your chambers for the evening as you stretch into a comfortable position beneath your blanket, sleep eventually claiming you.
Tomorrow Morning...
You groggily stir yourself awake as you prepare yourself for the day. After dressing yourself ad exiting your chamber what is your first order of business? You are kinda hungry s breakfast maybe?

>What is your first order of business?
>>
>>25337951
Let's have breakfast.
>>
You trot through the stonework corridors past the manor staff already at work cleaning and tidying up for the day. As you reach the feast hall you see some of the people you've met during your time here. Who do you sit with?

>March
>Uncle
>Lassaye
>>
>>25338042
Greet uncle and ask him about March.
might want to think about some character descriptions. Also my phone is dying so I won't be able to post anymore.
>>
" Good Morning Uncle".
>"Oh little No-no it is great seeing you so chipper this morning. Come let us eat our fill before we begin our day".
"Hey Uncle, What do you know about Lord March"?
>" Oh, that young Stallion' is a the Marquis of the Marshlands. If he was talking to you then he probably has good intentions, but he is quite the Ambitious one. He's young and eager to prove his worth to the other nobility. He'll either be a good friend, orma terrible enemy to you. Everypony usually calls One-eyed March because of the eye patch worn around his head.

Do you sit with?
>Lassaye or March

( March: White Coat, Black Mane, Boot cutie mark. Right eye eye patch).
>>
>>25338099
Sit with Lassaye.
Ask him for advice on what he thinks we should do over the short term and long term.
Also, talk to him about the disaster that befall our family / country.
>>
>>25338386
You sat with Lassaye.
Seating yourself beside Lassaye you ask his advice for the short/long term plan?
>"Well allying with the Marquis would provide us with an ally from the get go, and he is one of our neighbor's after all. Although the other Nobles wouldn't favor such an arrangement in the long run.
But then again March may have his own allies to balance this out. The problem is that he is notoriously unpredictable, although surprisingly influential among the common ponies. Whatever you decide on just know that we'll stand by your choice". The old Diamond Dog gives a pat on the back.
You inquire about the disaster the befell your family and country?
>"Our nation was a buffer state between a republic of Earth and Democracy of Unicorn. Our country
Occupied a crucial staging point that would tip the scales of whomever held the territory. Your sallied forth against the Earth ponies in glorious combat. He was felled by a stray arrow during Battle.
While your brother was assaulting the Unicorn army. He died when his Bodyguard was assaulted by their Knights. He was cornered and cut down.
Lastly your mother died ensuring your escape. That is what had befallen our country.
>>
>Do you give March your answer?
>Go to Marelina?
>>
>>25338493
Thank Lassaye for his wisdom, then go sit with March.
Tell March that you're open to the prospect of an alliance, but you can't commit to anything right now.
Give the excuse that your family just died and you're still in mourning, so you're not yet ready to delve into politics. Perhaps over the next few days you can recover enough to make a formal alliance, but for now all you want is a friend.

Then ask him about Marelina Castle and how he lost his eye.
>>
"Thanks Lassaye for your wisdom I really appreciate your advice.
>" Anytime Princess".
You leave your seat and go over to March's table.
>"Oh, Lady Nova have you thought my proposition through"?
" Yes I have. I am open to the prospect of an alliance, but I'm afraid I can't commit to anything right this moment. My family has recently passed and I'm still in mourning over them. I don't want to bother with politics right now but I would you as a friend regardless..
> Well I thank you for allowing me to be your friend.
"Say March, how did you lose your eye"?
>Well, I used to be a squire and fiance to a Noblemare named Marelina. The we were wed she and I were assaulted by assassins. She protected me with her life and I lost my eye trying to protect her. Her castle was left to your Uncle, but everything else was given to myself.
>Are you ready to go to Marelina?
>>
>>25338563
Gasp in shock at his tragic story.
Ask him how long ago it happened. Ask him if the assassin's were caught, and if he ever found out who sent them. Ask him where it happened — was it in Marelina castle?
Get a little teary-eyed as he tells his story. When he finishes, tell him he's brave for surviving in face of such adversity. You wish you could be strong like him.
As he talks, study his face and try to gauge what emotions he's feeling.

When the conversation is over, invite him to come with you to Marelina Castle. If he used to live there, then he must surely know his way around it. Perhaps he could give you a tour?
>>
Also OP, just to make sure, are we still in pegasus territory? All the ponies around us are pegasus, right?
>>
*Gasp*!
" How long ago was this"?
>"Five years about, and I never did catch all of them. Although I'm pretty sure it was the work of those douchey Nobles in your Uncle's Court. They couldn't allow her to sully her "noble" Heritage with that of a commoner. Died right in the castle garden. Her blood staining her favorite flower, the Dolfaneya.
You get a little teary eyed as you commend his bravery and how you wish you were strong as well.
His face shows sadness, anger, despair, and a tiny bit of hope.
"Marquis March, would you like to accompany me to Marelina Castle"?
>" It would be my honor Princess Nova". March gathers his Bodyguard and accompanies you to Marelina. As the sun has almost set as you reach the castle. March excuse s himself and trots towards the castle garden.
>Settle in or follow March?
>>
>>25338634
March is the only Earth Pony "Noble".
Everyone else is Peg.
>>
>>25338638
Are Forest and Reese with us? We should keep our guards close.

Let's leave March in peace for now and explore the castle. A few things to consider:
>How big is it?
>What defenses does it have?
>How well kept is it?
>How close to the coast is it?
>How far is it from the main city?
>Are there any buildings or farms nearby?
And, most importantly
>Does it come with any staff or peasant workers?
>>
Forest and Reese are kept by your side.
The castle is of medium size.
It has stone Walls, Archer towers, and one Ballista Post.
The Castle is a little bit mainland but not too far from the Coast.
It was in OK maintenance during it's vacancy.
The does have aa Castle Town, 4 Farms, A Church, An old Watchtower, One old Fort, and an abandoned outpost.
Some castle staff and peasant workers work within the castle.
Castle Pop.
Civilians: 202
Foot Soldiers: 17
Knights: 25(March)
Foot Soldiers: 60(March)
Your people favor March a lot more than you currently. Most likely due to his history and popularity with the common ponies.
>>
>What is your first order of business?
>>
>>25338713
As lord of this castle, that means we're the ruler of those civilians and soldiers, right?
Are we subservient to anybody? Who's the ruling monarch in this land, and who's their successor and regent? Is it our uncle, and if not, then what is his official position?

We should visit the church first and meet its cleric. Before we leave, tell March where we're going.
>>
>>25338755
Also ask March if he'll accompany us, 'cause we're a little nervous.
>>
>>25338755
>>25338761
Their is no official ruler as the land is governed by different city-states in a council that ensures no larger kingdoms don't just come in and wreck the whole place.
Your Uncle the Duke is the unofficial leader and his son is the successor. The Regent is lady Orchid of Thest.
You plan to head to the church to receive the backing of the clergy to your rule as Lady Nova of Marelina.
You ask March to accompany you to quell your feeling of nervousness. He agrees and travels the short distance to the church. Inside the Holy ground is Bishop Cruz. With a vouching from March the bishop gives you the God Ordained rule and are now supported by the Church.
You return to the Castle and rest for the day.
The next day...
Today you start managing your lands!

>What do you do today?(1 Choice per day)
Build Muster Field
Repair Watchtower
Repair Fort
Repair Outpost
Build Temple
Build Market
Build Water System
>>
Water first.

No point in ruling a land without some infrastructure.

Also it's late as fuck coldshan. Might be a good time to pause.
>>
>>25338826
Build water system. A good aqueduct makes for a good kingdom. We're going to irrigate the shit out of those farms.
Also, do we have the skills and manpower necessary to control the whether, or is that too advanced for our pegasus subjects?

Also, appoint Lassaye as our official adviser if he isn't already. Have him an Bishop Cruz organize a weekly assembly in which the common folk can appeal to the us directly. The assembly should be held each Saturday.
If March is still here, then ask him where he lives. If he lives in our castle, then offer him the position of Chancellor in our court. If he lives elsewhere, then tell him that he's welcome to stay for a while. He knows these people, and we could use his help and advice.
Finally, take an inventory of the towns resources. How much coin do we have? How much food? What are the farms?

If we can't do those additional things alongside building the water system, then just focus on the water first.
>>
>>25338855
>>25338857
With assistance from March and your own people you helped start a Water system to help irrigate your surrounding lands.
You appointed Lassaye as your official advisor where he and Bishop Cruz organised a weekly assembly on Satyrday so that any issues could be addressed. Your Pegasi people have not been gifted the power of weather...yet.
You offered to make March your Chancellor, but you must either take over the Marshland, forge an Alliance, or make it a Suzerainty. You have about 2500 Bits after maintenance costs. You aren't taxing the people. March is keeping the peace.
You have 1(+3) Surplus food helped by irrigation from your aqueduct. Irrigation are greatly benefiting the people in food and sanitation.
The next day...
>What do you do today?
Build Muster Field?
Build Market?
Build Temple?
Repair Watchtower?
Repair Fort?
Repair Outpost
Find a Suitor?
>>
>>25338920
Build a market so we can sell our surplus food.

>Their is no official ruler as the land is governed by different city-states in a council that ensures no larger kingdoms don't just come in and wreck the whole place.
How does this council work? Do we attend meeting personally, or do we sent a representative? How often do they meet?

Also, what do we look like? What's our special talent and cutie mark? Does our house have an insignia?
If we could get the answers to these questions for March, Forest, Reese and Bishop Cruz, I'd be very grateful.
>>
>>25338956

You set up plans to set up a market, one day you hope to trade with faraway peoples.
Whenever a matter of import happens a council member sends a messanger to every member where they convene at the Manor. You can send a representative.
(Nova: Orange Coat, brown mane, pink, eyes,Supernova cutie mark. Your house is represented by a Sun. You are 21 years of age).

March: White Coat, black mane, blue eyes, Cutie mark is 2 sets of wings and 4 horseshoes. House represented by a winged Unicorn. 25 years old.
Forest: A green Pegasus, Age 19, Tree cutie mark
,Your Vassal
Reese: A brown Earth Pony, Age: 20, Cutie is a piece of lumber.Your Vassal
Cruz: An orange Unicorn with graying mane. Age 52, Has a Cross Cutie Mark.
Sometime later...
>What do you do next?
Build Muster Field?
Build Temple?
Repair Watchtower?
Find Suitor?
>>
>>25339019
Let's go ahead and build a muster field, just because I have no idea what that is.
What day of the week is it? I'm interested in hearing what the commoners have to say on Saturday.

And I need to go to sleep. It's 3am here in NZ. It's been a fun first thread.
>>
>>25339049
>It's been a fun first thread
This. I'm enjoying what I'm reading so far.

Thanks for running Coltshan.
>>
>>25339049
You set the foundation for your military to become a force to be reckoned with.
You can now train more troops!
Today is Saturday.
At the Assembly you listen to the peoples problems and complaints. Your people hear rumours of Lord Bolt Spree to the east is gathering his military up. This does not bode well for your pitiful force as it is only enough to police your castle.
They will probably be ready to mount an offensive on us in about 8 days.
>What do you do today?Royal Coffers: 12,000
Build Temple? 1000
Repair Watchtower? 3000
>Train Troops
Banner Mare:100(500 Bits)
Milita Mare:100(300 Bits)
Pegasus Knight: 50(1000 Bits)
Slinger's:100(300)
Archer:100(500)
Axe Colt's: 100(1000)
>>
fun to read
>>
>>25339108
I'd say we repair the watchtower. Also can we get some more info on the troops?
>>
>>25340885
You set your workers to refurbishing the abandoned Watchtower.
March is now able to bring in his own Reinforcements to assist you.

Banner Mares are the many little vassals under your rule and must receive their pay before taking up the banner.

Militia Mare's are local defenders of the towns and villages. They're not trained soldiers but they have twice the courage and pride.
Axe Colt's are local tribescolt hired to help fight your enemies. They are great at breaking defensive lines.
Pegasus Knights are the best the Pegasi have to as expertly trained professionals serving their respective Master/Mistress.
>>
>Recruit Troops?

>Speak to Forest or Reese?

> Try to romance March?
>>
File: Stop it, I SAID STOP.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Stop it, I SAID STOP.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>Coltshan
>>
>>25342425
Are we limited to rcruiting once per day? Do we have any intell on our enemy?
>>
>>25342584
You currently can recruit as many troops as needed to fight Bolt's Army.
He has about 1000 troops under his command.
You have 16000 Bits to spend.
>>
>>25342922
So we could just wait until the last day before the fight and get all of our troops without a penalty?
>>
>>25343240
Your army still needs time to prepare, assemble, and Sally forth to meet the enemy, unless you want to have your villages raided by the invading army.
>>
>>25343306
Do we pay maintenance?
>>
March is able to remove the maintenance by taking away from your tax revenue.
>>
>>25339108
Instead of gearing up for war, we could try a more political and diplomatic approach.

>send an envoy to Bolt Spree, offering to form a nonaggression treaty
>send an envoy to our Uncle to voice our concerns and plead for his support
>prepare to convene a meeting of the council
>>
>>25344295
Sending an Envoy to Bolt Spree you try to form a nonaggression treaty. Bolt is demanding 10000 Bits and a quarter of your lands!

Our Uncle and the council has left this feud up to those involved to resolve the issue.
>How do you respond to Bolt's demands?
>>
>>25344373
Let's aim to take his lands instead. We'd probably would be doing his citizens a huge favor.
>>
>>25344441
You rejected his outlandish demands and called together your army.
March went to the Marshland to bring his Reinforcements to the battle.
Two armies have taken to the field as one shall fall while the other stands tall.
Marlinean Army: 750
Foot Soldiers: 500
Tribal Warriors: 150
Pegasus Knights: 100
Bolt Spree Army: 1000
Foot Soldiers: 800
Knights: 200
Marshland Army: 700
Knights: 300
Foot Soldiers: 400
>Which Army will attack the front?
>Which Army will flank Bolt's Army?
>>
>>25344373
>>25344441
This.

We still have 6 days left, right?

In that case:
>send letters to the neutral council members, thanking them for taking the time to consider your request. Tell them that you plan to defend this castle with your life, and you pray that they will assist you while you are besieged.
We don't expect them to help us, but when word of this reaches Bolt he'll be sure to think that we plan to fortify our defenses in preparation for a siege.

Instead, we'll train soldiers and launch a preemptive assault.
Before we decide on what troops to hire, I'd like some more information:
>how far away are Bolts lands?
>what is his army comprised of?
>what is the terrain like?
>what are Bolts fortification like?
>who else do we and Bolt share a border with?
>does Bolt have any political allies that might come to his aid?

Also:
>what is the makeup and hierarchy of the church?
>how religious is the general population?
>what does the holy scripture say about war, self defense and crusades?

And finally:
>what is the largest and most powerful city state in this land? How big is it?
>are there any banks, merchant guilds and other powerful independent cooperate entities?
>what's the criminal underworld like? I'm talking about assassins, pirates, spies and thieves
>>
>>25344629
1.We didn't even form an army yet.
2.You said the battle was going to be in 8 days.
>>
>>25344694
>>25344629
>>25344699

Yeah, I'd also written up a my detailed responce to Bolt as well.
>We would be prepared to pay tribute, but your current demands aren't reasonable. We don't have 10000 gold, and thus we can't pay what you requested at this time.
>However, we do not wish to go to war. There has to be another way. Perhaps we could pay that sum of gold off incrementally over a period of time? It is within our means to pay 500 gold tribute every month for the next 3 years, which would total 18000 gold in total. With this arrangement, you would end up with far more gold than you otherwise would, and we wouldn't fall into poverty.
>Perhaps we can negotiate the terms of my tribute upon neutral ground.
>To reiterate, I would do ANYTHING to protect my people from war.
Leave the "anything" up to his imagination. Obviously, we're not going to do shit, but he doesn't know that.

But whatever.

Garrison the Marshland army with 300 of our foot soldiers. March will attack the front while we flank with our remaining troops.

Also, another question:
>Who is Bolts successor?
>>
>>25344739
He also wanted territory. Basically he said that he wanted to make us his bitch.
>>
>>25344699
>>25344694
Two Council members have broken their truce of neutrality! The foreign kingdom of Rowena aiding Marelina and the Pegasi city state Feath assisting Marshland!
Bolt is your eastern neighbor and has mostly Foot Soldiers and a few hundred Knights.
It is of hilly terrain, and consists of many forts as defense against invaders. Bolt is a very unpopular council member and has no allies.
The people of the surrounding land's are very religious about their faith. War and Defense were fine as long one wasn't the instigator. Any Kingdom could Crusade against any non Pegasi kingdom.
The greatest City State is Honeblia lead by King Leeroy.
The Peghan League orchestrates the banking and trade.
The criminal organization Greyfall is spread throughout The Pegasi city-states, coordinating many assassinations, the swindling of information and the business of privateering and robbery are known among many other crimes.
Bolt has no successor but Lady Owen of the previous ruling family would take over.
With 300 troops garrisoned at the marshland, Lord March takes his troops as crashes against. Bolt's Army in a wave of flesh and Steel. While his men were too concerned with the immediate Battle, you snuck your forces around as you closed in on your target as your troops cut down almost half of his men in the charge. Witdefeated, Bolt and his men defeated as Bolt was finally brought before you.

>What do you do?
>>
>>25345093
Issue the same demands that he gave us.
>>
>>25344998
Yeah, I was just thinking of stalling and opening negotiations. If he responds with something like "what about the land?" then that opens discourse that we can use to our advantage.
I was also thinking of offering a marriage proposal to him or one of his heirs, only to go full red wedding on his ass at the last minute.

I'm trying to play our character as manipulative and cunning, rather than as somebody who relies on brute strength.

But none of that matters now because we're doing the fight anyway.

>>25345093
Arrest Bolt for warmongering, extortion and attempted murder.
Send letters to each council member and to the Church asking them to each send a representative that will serve as part of the jury. The trial will be held in one weeks time. Until then, Bolt will remain in our dungeon under heavy guard.

Ask Lassaye what we know about the Rowena kingdom, Feath and Lady Owen.
Organize a meeting with their leaders to discuss formal alliances, as well as the allocation and distribution of Bolt's land, titles and coin.

And finally, take March up on his offer to make a formal alliance with the Marshland.

>>25345152
Fuck no, that's no where near enough punishment.
>>
>>25345152
voting for >>25345230
>>
>>25345496
same
>>
>>25345093
Since we were just given an army rather than choosing one, I'm going to assume that the forces we used were already ours and we didn't spend anything. Also I'm going to assume that the battle was in response to our denial of his terms and that we didn't just skip a week.
>>
>>25348831
>>25345230
Lord Bolt was defeated in a decisive Battle by unexpected interference from Rowena and Feath. He was handed over to you where he was arrested for his crimes. Soon the Church and Council will convene on the distribution of Bolt's properties. You and March solidified your Alliance making it slightly more powerful than most other surrounding city States.
Asking for Lassaye's advice you learn about Lady Owen. A young Satyr that lost her ruling in a coup, but she had ties with the foreign kingdom of Rowena which won the battle for you.

Feath is a small client state to Rowena, and is known to be extremely loyal to it's ally Rowena.

Rowena is the third most powerful kingdom known for it's many species of every stripe, claw, and banner under it's citizenry. It currently is the most culturally advanced kingdom in the surrounding land's.
Lady Owen was taken under Rowena's custody and a week later the possessions of Lord Bolt were Distributed. Lord Bolt was found dead in his cell shortly after the trial, he had murdered.
>What do you do now?
You could pay King Rowen a visit, or maybe you should just relax for a while, or maybe something else.
>>
>>25349398
Let's go meet Rowen. Take Forest and Reese with us and spent some quality time with them during the trip to the Rowena Kingdom.
>>
>>25349489
And so our heroine and her Bodyguard venture toward the Kingdom of Rowena to meet with King Rowen(Egotistical much).
During the road in your Royal Carriage as it swoops and sways Slightly during it's flight, you converse with your loyal bodyguards. To your surprise Forest had found a nice little Mare back home and it was going steady. Reese was very excited about meeting the various warriors bound to be present at Rowena and the military knowledge and experience he might be able to learn from them. Some of your guards are hearing rumors of rebels in Thest, and the rising of a new Changeling Queen at the Southern Isles.
Upon touching down you and your cadre are allowed to browse the castle town for a bit before meeting Rowen.
A few World Events have occurred nearby.
You have the option of playing as these new story arc's. These stories have far reaching effects and may help or hinder Nova depending on how they turn out. Ultimately it is up to you to take such a chance.
>Do you Take your time and look around?
Begin Rebellione Side Quest Arc?

>Or go straight to the castle?
Remain in Nova's POV, Skip Quest Arc.
>>
>>25349847
Never skip a side quest, time to look around
>>
>>25350918
You accepted the Side Story!
While Lady Nova of the Marelina City-State was visiting the Kingdom of Rowena, the fates conspired to reveal a terrible truth. Inside the Thestian Castle Dungeon lie Prisoners of Duke Flare's defeated Enemies. Two important figures would make an attempt to take back what was taken from them.
>Pick your Protagonist?
Axin: The last surviving heir to the crystal empire, currently Locked away in a dungeon cell. Was attempting to gather an army the retake his kingdom.

Erik: A leader of a band of outlaw's, and leader of the Greyfall chapter in Epona, with ties to the Peghan League, and is Uncle in-law to Princess Nova. Royalty of the now destroyed kingdom of Everfree.
>>
>>25351097
Is this going to be a perspective change?
>>
>>25352366
Yes but not forever.
>>
>>25352366
Either choice will determine who will permanently join you along with whomever survived with the Side Story Protagonist.

The other won't be available until the next Side Story Event.
>>
Any Anon here right now?
>>
>>25353206
Lurking.
>>
>>25353299
Huzzah! I want to continue this so your participation would much appreciated.
>>
>>25353206
Also lurking
>>
>>25353447
Can you two please join in?
>>
>>25353337
I tend to just lurk... a lot. I'm cancerous.

>>25351097
Axin I suppose.
>>
>>25353491
Axin.

I was the guy posting questions to keep the thread active until more people showed up. CYOAs tend to be more active later in the day.
>>
>>25353953
(It's OK. We've got chemotherapy for that).
Deep within the Guest Castle Dungeon was the Crystal Empire's last surviving heir. With not even a window you haven't seen the light of day in quite sometime. There was always the little drips of water heard in one of the cells corner's. Today was thought to be another boring day with even more boring "food", which was just this mush of Celestia knows what. However the echo of hooves and the barely audible gasp of your door's Guard and the subsequent clank to the ground broke the monotony. With a clink and a chink your cell door swung open, revealing a mixed bag of soldiers ushering you out a placing a Sword in your hooves.

>" Alright friend take this key and free anypony else you can on your way out". He said stoicly as him and his troops left down a corridor. You didn't know how long it would be until the next patrol made it's round's, so helping other or yourself was a hard choice.
>>25354151
(Thanks so much! I really appreciate it).
>What do you do? You have one Short Sword in your possession.
Escape?
Unlock Cell A?
Unlock Cell C?
Unlock Cell D?
Unlock Cell E?
>>
>>25354209
4 questions:
Which direction did our rescuers come from?
Which direction did they go?
Since we've been here for a while, do we know anything about the people in the other cells?
Can we get a bit more of our back story, like why are we in a dungeon in the first place?
>>
You were captured because you were accused of trying to start a Rebellion, although you really needed an army to take back your kingdom. You were to flee after most of the Royal family were killed in a military coup.

You were rescued by Revolutionaries that left deeper into the dungeon. You know that at least one of the cells have others inside while another is possibly used as storage of confiscated belongings.
>>
Anon? You there?>>25354387
>>
>>25355158
Cell A

Still doing the same stalling for time thing. Also you've been forgetting your name.
>>
>>25355235
Your hooves echo as you trot along the stonework floor as you unlock the adjacent cell. The Clink of the key unlocks the cell for. Peering inside is a young Grey pegasus Mare with a long black mane.

"Hey miss your free. You should leave before the next patrol arrives".
>" The young rises and slowly exits her cell following your lead.
>"U-um my name is Diane, m-my friend Silvanus is still in the castle somewhere so I can't leave without him.
>Roan has joined your Party.
You hear no approaching Footsteps...yet.
You still have time to release more Prisoners!

>What do you do?
Unlock Cell C
Unlock Cell D
Unlock Cell E
Escape
>>
>>25355362
* my name is Roane.
>>
>>25355362
Cell C
>>
>>25356522
Your Duo heads to Cell C as the door is unlocked and swung open. A group of the to and elderly ponies thank you as they make their our of the dungeon. The clip cool of hooves can heard a ways away.
>What now?
Escape
Unlock Cell D
Unlock Cell E
>>
>>25356583
Before we can go any further I have to point out a glaring flaw in all of your work. You don't have any characters. Every single character that has been created in any of your quests are cookie cutter characters. They have no personalities, cliche motivations, no appearances, and excluding their name they can be replaced with any character at any time. The character we created at the beginning can be a earth pony, unicorn, changeling, diamond dog, gryphon, zebra, or anything else and it wouldn't have changed a thing. We have no idea on the current characters race, even though we can assume it's a crystal pony. Crystal ponies can also be earth, pegasus, or unicorn and the differences do matter. Also you never stated the gender.
>>
>>25357354
Also you failed to use Cutie marks properly. Cutie marks are related to a ponies special talent which has some deciding factor on their career and also relates to their name in most cases. The marks you have used thus far are nonsensical symbols that have about as much meaning as a normal tattoo and no special talents. If we also take into account that you also don't use the species innate magics it's almost bad enough that you'd be able to replace everything with humans without causing any inconsistencies.
>>
>>25358560
The reason I suggested you do a random quest the last time I did this ( I'm never using a name again) was so you could practice on your weak points without having to deal with the needless complexity of game mechanics and epic story lines. You need to work on the basics, you're trying to build a tower with no foundation here. Look at h&b guy's One Good Pint, he started out with an overambitious game based on Game of Thrones and when it failed he switched to a simpler CYOA to work on his problems. He had the opposite problems of you with terrible mechanics and slow pace with good characters and story. You have good mechanics (mechanics are borrowed from games all the time, but they do need to be tweaked a bit before they work) and a very fast pace (arguably too fast), but terrible characters and a non-existent story because of your lack of detail. I feel that there is still a slight chance to save this because of the new character, but if you fail or decide to end it and you decide to make a new CYOA make sure it's a short simple one, with as good of a sense of humor as you are capable of, that focuses on characters.
>>
This had better last long enough for the QM to see those last posts.
>>
>>25360122
I doubt he'll care
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.