[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How powerful is Discord exactly? Triek made him betray the ponies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 9e3.png (123KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
9e3.png
123KB, 638x359px
How powerful is Discord exactly? Triek made him betray the ponies and Starlight's time shenanigans will probably keep him in stone, so how can the next big bad deal with him without recycling plotlines?
>>
>>25328879
He'll be shitposting in his house or he'll come in last minute like Luna in the season 2 finale
>>
>>25328879
Nearly limitless power, but a complete lack of motivation to properly use it for anything worthwhile.
>>
>>25328879
Discord will be back to evil in Season 6.
>>
Given Discord's powers and the fact that he represents the opposite of harmony, I feel he should've been a endgame villain or least close to one. Because now it's for hard for them to come up a villain that can top him. Everytime one comes up they have to come up with some contrived reason why Discord can't just zap them away, granted it hasn't come to that yet but if the show goes on long enough it will
>>
This time spell prediction is pretty naive to hope for. I agree there will probably be some major asspull but time spells is hard to get right, so I don't think hasbro will do it
>>
File: SatanTrips.jpg (31KB, 320x306px) Image search: [Google]
SatanTrips.jpg
31KB, 320x306px
>>25330666
>>
File: discord's second cousin.jpg (54KB, 300x355px) Image search: [Google]
discord's second cousin.jpg
54KB, 300x355px
>>25328879
There's a big difference between being powerful and being a threat.
>>
>>25331638
>>25328916
These.

It'd be easy to have a two parter where, at the very end of the first part, Discord walks through. Everyone turns to him, expecting him to do something, and he just waves a claw and says, "Oh, don't stop on my account. Carry on, carry on, this looks like fun."
>>
>>25331759
Pretty much, he's basically Q without the Continuum.
>>
Discord's power isn't much or else tirak would have been near unbeatable after he stole it.
>>
>>25328879
I'd say, he's the most powerful single entity in Equestria.
In my headcannon no one can beat him in a duel. The only thing restricting him is just how he doesn't care and/or cannot use his powers to it's full extent because it's chaos.
>>
>>25330666
>>25332222
WTF is going on in this thread.

I agree that Discord should be near omnipotent, but not willing to go all out on anyone. In the end, he never was "evil" to begin with, he was just chaotic.
But I didn't like the part when Tirek actually managed to suck it out of Discord forcefully. In my headcanon, Discord became just depressed and demotivated, not powerless.
>>
>>25332222
you're quads are shit.

think of it like this.

Discord on his own could whoop Celestia and Luna's ass at the same time.
Tirek with ALL of that magic sucked up, plus Discord's. was only on equal footing with a Twilight who couldn't fully handle the power of her and three other Alicorns.

Discord's power on it's own is ridiculous (though can be cancelled out by the elements)

Tirek, with all the power he absorbed. Didn't know how to use it all optimally. If he did, he would have thrashed Twilight.
>>
>>25332222
Nice quads.

I can only assume that his actual power is weak but highly effective. Like he can manipulate the magic inside everything else or something. Or maybe Tirek simply didn't know how to use it. That or >>25332302
>>
>>25332364
Discord never defeats luna and celestia. Discord could not beat the rainbow. Discord could not break out of being stone. Discords power made little impact on tirek.

Discord is a weakling. Celestia knew that when she let the mane 6 handle him.
>>
>>25328879
I'd say something along the lines of a changeling (as part of a bigger villain alliance) turning into Fluttershy or all of his friends and telling him how sick of him they all are and never want to see him again during an early to mid-season episode.

We don't see him again until the finale where he's all depressed and sitting in some faraway bizarro hellscape bar wallowing in pity. He then realizes he's been dooped and heads back to Equestria to kick some ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMlNl0fKwxQ
>>
>>25330720
It ain't a prediction. It's confirmed to be happening.
>>
>>25332416
You're retarded. Luna and Celestia had their asses handed to them as evidenced by their bruises in the flashback and needed the elements to beat him. And he still would have won if he hadn't underestimated the tree.
>>
>>25332578
You are delusional and sucking discords cock.
>>
>>25332222
Tirek was a brute. Discord's power requies a certain creativity to weild, which Tirek lacked.
>>
>>25332676
not that guy.

but you're wrong as fuck. If Celestia and Luna could have done it on their own. they would have. Discord's plunder seeds beat them for fucks sake. they were just late for the party
>>
>>25332222
I think Triek only managed it because he caught him off guard. Had Discord saw it coming, he probably could've counterd Triek's spell
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.