[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know /mlp/ doesn't like the books, but this one is actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: luna.jpg (45KB, 343x499px) Image search: [Google]
luna.jpg
45KB, 343x499px
I know /mlp/ doesn't like the books, but this one is actually pretty fucking good. Like, it's written at the level at about what you'd expect the show to be, and it actually has some interesting lore.
>>
File: K.jpg (10KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
K.jpg
10KB, 550x550px
>books
>canon
>>
>>25325004
It's written by someone who writes on the show and the only debatable thing people might not like is that in addition to having two pet owls, she also has Tiberius, her pet possum from the comics. This doesn't imply that all the comics suddenly matter.
>>
>>25325019
The Celestia book had King Grover mentioned in it, and it came out before season 5.

McCarthy said the Twilight book was canon.

Therefore, the books are canon.
>>
>>25324987
No it doesn't. Stop lying on the internet Nathan.
>>
>>25325019
>This doesn't imply that all the comics suddenly matter.

Correct, what DOES imply they matter is that the president of Hasbro Studios said they were canon.
>>
>>25325107
Of course. But it's an a la carte thing I guess.

Luna is mentioned as being a mediator between species, specifically the batponies and the dragons that they lived along side remember her
>>
File: 1445732444872.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1445732444872.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>25324987
>>
>>25325124
Cool, I'm getting my copy tomorrow.

That reminds me of something from the Journal of the Two sisters about Luna being able to talk to manticores. I guess she has a useful talent for inter-species mediation.
>>
>>25325151
The manticores and the chimera help in the book too, they help fight off a threat against the Festival.
>>
>>25325167
Sounds neat. I like when all the side stuff links together, it's only a matter of time before something small from them appears in the show and people lose their minds over it. It'll be fun to see it happen, if it does.
>>
>>25325182
Yeah. There's a good amount of backstory and this was done better than the Journal of the Two Sisters.
>>
>>25324987
Is there a Celestia story?
>>
File: waves.jpg (51KB, 344x500px) Image search: [Google]
waves.jpg
51KB, 344x500px
>>25325254
Yeah, it came out a few months ago.
>>
>>25325246
I feel like the Journal had more backstory and history to it though. Luna book focuses a lot more on that festival and Luna's efforts to sabotage it.
>>
>>25325468
Well the little backstory it has really helps, plus it has good moments for other characters.
>>
>>25325246
Also I'm glad to see someone else on /mlp/ reads the chapter books. Were there any in particular you liked?
Rarity's book with Charity and the Celestia book I feel like I like more than the others.
>>
>>25325468

Well isn't that the entire point of that book.
>>
>>25325498

Well in Rarity's case, she just like cast some black magic or something to ensure that stories about her in general basically never drop bellow average at worst.
>>
>>25325537
Simple Ways was pretty sub par in my opinion. Twilight's my favorite pony, but I still don't take well to them pining after a pony out of nowhere like that.
>>
>>25325551

Simple Ways is her weakest episode, but I still found the third act funny enough to make it average at worst, Tabitha's voice acting and line delivery saved that one.

Id take it over just about any other characters worst episode.
>>
>>25325565
>Id take it over just about any other characters worst episode.
I can agree there. At least Applejack was fun in that episode.
>>
>>25325498
>>25325537
I generally find them "meh." The Daring Do series was really good, and the Rarity one was as well. The Celestia counterpart to this book was just "okay." This is the first one that I've read that I think is a must-read.
>>
>>25325326
beach fun story? sign me up.
>>
>>25325692
Haven't read it in a while but I believe it's about Celestia fixing some foreign School for Gifted Unicorns that isn't being run well.
>>
File: cover.jpg (764KB, 962x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
764KB, 962x1400px
If anyone is curious about that Celestia book since it was mentioned here I reuploaded it if you want to take a look at that since it's still not on Yayponies.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cge9lb9lloqw83c/Princess+Celestia+and+the+Summer+of+Royal+Waves.rar
>>
>>25324987
So care to post it?

The winter solstice has been thought upon to death since season 1 back when the show still had potential
>>
These are pretty good. There's a lot more they can do with chapter books than they can fit into a single episode.
>>
>>25326340
It's uploaded somewhere. It focuses a lot on DPDoMS, Luna doesn't want to have a Solstice festival and actually tries to fuck shit up in dreams to convince ponies to throw a bad festival and then never do it again.

Honestly, the whole thing about how interspecies peace comes through Luna is the most interesting.
>>
>>25326405

Why is she too busy angsting that she DOESN'T DESERVE A FESTIVAL?
>>
>/mlp/ eagerly swallows G.M. Berrow's shit, these days
All hope is lost. One of you; track me down, find me, and put a bullet in my head. I can't do it to myself.
>>
Do you have a link a DL of it?
>>
>>25326841
This please.
>>
>>25325851

>gives a DL for a completely different story

>no DL for the story in the OP.

why is this?
>>
>>25324987
It's about Luna trying to autistically cancel her own celebration again.

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS GOOD? God OP you're retardedly autistic.
>>
>>25326841
>>25326876
>>25327034
Sorry, not sure why that slipped my mind.

My Little Pony: Princess Luna and the Festival of the Winter Moon
>"Princess Luna used to be the villainous Nightmare Moon. Now reformed, she's still getting used to palace life with her sister Celestia. Read more about fan-favorite character, Luna, in this original story."

http://www.mediafire.com/download/04d6brzitxi8aam/Princess+Luna+and+the+Festival+of+the+Winter+Moon.rar
>>
>>25327509
Thank you so much!
>>
>>25326784
Because she still has some guilt.
>>
Can a nigga get a summary?
>>
>>25328631
CMC have the idea to have a winter solstice festival for Luna. Luna doesn't like ponies doing this so she goes into their dreams and makes them fuck it up so no one will like it. A monster attacks the festival and all of the creatures that Luna helped work together (batponies, chimera, dragons, and manticores) help save the festival. She realizes that everyone wants to celebrate her and the moon so the festival turns out great and she realizes that being celebrated isn't bad.
>>
>>25324987

8/10
>>
>>25328657

So what did she not want the festival because "WOE IS ME, I DO NOT DESERVE TO BE PRAISED AND LOVE AFTER THE EVIL I CAUSED" angsty shit?
>>
>>25331095
Same kind of angst that she had on the show. It was also a way to fuck with ponies in their dreams because they actually did all of the stupid shit she told them to do, she did that for entertainment. So it was angst mixed with boredom.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.