[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish The Hub/Discovery would not show both halves of each season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I wish The Hub/Discovery would not show both halves of each season premier and finale on the same day. I know we are such an instant gratification society that networks feel they need to do this, but it kills any of the hype and suspense doing so would have generated.

For example, when "Cadance" cast a magical fire that made Twilight sink into the floor in Canterlot Wedding, did you not involuntarily say "OH SHIT, NIGGA!" while sitting on the edge of your seat? Now imagine that hype drawn out for another week only to find out it was a changeling invasion.

But no. You just had to wait a few minutes for the second part to air. That hype was generated and died simultaneously. The same applies to every other season premier/finale, and it's a shame to do that to the fans.
>>
>>25034825
This is why you download the episodes and watch the second part the day after.
>>
>>25034825
why don't you write them a strongly worded letter OP
>>
>>25034825
I absolutely agree with everything you said.

>>25034853
It's not just about OP - I'd like to see this place awash with theories and arguments about what happened and what's going to happen in the second part. Instead, everything is just immediately continued. Canterlot Wedding would have been way more exciting at the time if we'd had a week of "HOLY SHIT WHAT HAPPENED TO TWI WHAT THE FUCK IS CADANCE?" etc.
>>
File: twi general.jpg (30KB, 540x600px) Image search: [Google]
twi general.jpg
30KB, 540x600px
>>25034912
You make a great point. I was thinking about it only from my perspective. It would be best if they had the first part play one week and then both parts play together the following week for younger kids who may have not remembered everything or for people who missed the first part last week.

It would be nice for them to indulge us with suspense and confusion for a week and it would prompt much-needed good show discussion.

That's actually a great idea anon and OP.
>>
>>25034825
How about some of us make sure not to watch the second part of the episode until the week after and we have a thread among ourselves to discuss the first part, all our ideas, and to generate hype about it?
>>
>>25034825
Airing them with a break in between would be a double-edged sword. For episodes with a second half that was anything less than amazing, it'd make the judgment much more harsh since we'd been waiting on it longer.
>>
>>25035058
It simply could never happen. An Anon would ALWAYS post a pic in the thread or spoil the reveal/twist somehow. The only ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE way one can hype until the net week would be to simply stay off of 4chan or any pony-related site until then.
>>
>>25035084
The 2-parters, for the most part, have been pretty consistently good.
>>
>>25035058
Yeah that doesn't work because we could never have the discussion. Imagine if the CMC episode had just been a two parter on the same day, that shit was plastered everywhere.
>>
>>25035169
I agree, but consider which fandom we're talking about.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.