[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we see more of Twilight's parents? What with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

File: Sparkle family.png (377KB, 1280x893px) Image search: [Google]
Sparkle family.png
377KB, 1280x893px
Why don't we see more of Twilight's parents? What with all the focus she gets and all the big changes in her life and how much attention her brother gets, you'd think they'd at least get some lines.
>>
Parents episodes are always the same
>>
>>19853692
This
>>
File: learntofuckingreadforfuckssake.jpg (78KB, 1500x846px) Image search: [Google]
learntofuckingreadforfuckssake.jpg
78KB, 1500x846px
>>19853692
>Parents episodes

>you'd think they'd at least get some lines
>>
>>19853605
Cuz your a fag.

Ok not really, it's probably because parents aren't the target audience, their kids are and kids like to see the character's they relate to be independent from their parents. I mean parents pretty much control every other part of their lives, so a bit of freedom makes them happy.
That of Hasbro doesn't think the merch would sell that well. You're still a fag though.
>>
>>19853775
Nah, really: They're always the same shit in every show:

>Parents arrive
>Tour around town
>meet the gang of friends
>share embarrasing, personal shit with them
>protagonists tells them to fuck off
>they leave "devastaded"
>now protagonist is the bad guy
>some shit happens
>parents work together as team
>omg so sorry
>hug
>fin
>>
File: FUCKING READ.jpg (78KB, 755x1057px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING READ.jpg
78KB, 755x1057px
>>19853819
>episodes
>some lines
>episodes
>some lines
>episodes
>some lines
>episodes
>some lines
>episodes
>some lines
>episodes
>some lines
>episodes
>some lines
>episodes
>some lines
>episodes
>some lines
>>
>>19853605

Ever since the success of Shining and Twilight they've been admitted into Celestia's oldest and most prestigious breeding program. Every year Velvet is anonymously impregnated by hundreds of carefully selected colts running a train that her husband is now a part of, visiting other mare as time goes by
>>
>>19853819
I'd conform with a simple scene in an episode where Twi's family spend the Christmas - or Hearth's Warming, whatevs - eve together. At the Crystal Empire. Then Twilight introduces Flash to her parents.
>>
What gets me is Celestia has so overwhelmingly replaced Twilight's parents as the maternal figure in her life that it's genuinely weird and would probably be a little uncomfortable in reality. From what very little we've seen they appear to love and support her, but Twilight never mentions them or thinks about them. It's always Celestia she wants to make proud, Celestia who she's afraid of judging her, Celestia she's afraid for when something bad's going to happen to Equestria.

I don't know if they could get away with addressing it in the show but I would absolutely love an episode where they acknowledge Twilight has sort of replaced her parents with Celestia. Get her talking about her childhood, or have Shining Armor try to talk about what's new with them and Twilight keeps shifting the conversation back to Celestia, or have them visit and have Twilight not really make time for them because she's doing something to please Celestia.

It might be a little heavy since family love can involve serious issues, but it could easily wrap up with Twilight realizing she's taken her parents for granted and committing to spending more time with them and writing them more often. That's a nice, friendly message everyone could agree with.
>>
>>19853959
Yeah, it really doesn't have to be a whole episode, just sprinkling a scene or two into a regular episode to make the point that she in fact talks to them and they actually are a part of her life would do a lot to dispel the weirdness. Alternatively doing Meet The Parents with Flash also works.
>>
>>19854036
>Meet the Parents
>not Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
Turns out Twi's family are prejudiced against non-unicorns. Can't use magic? You're practically a dumb herd animal.
>>
File: some men.png (364KB, 1076x732px) Image search: [Google]
some men.png
364KB, 1076x732px
>>19854036
>>19853959
>>
>>19853998
maybe that's part of unicorns and their culture of the "upper class" attitude
coldhearted bastards that don't feel any sympathy for their fellow men, only going after private interests and status, as shown to be true already in many occasions.
unicorns are sick...
>>
>>19853605
At least Twilight's parents exist.
>>
File: 1386607700447.jpg (111KB, 470x337px) Image search: [Google]
1386607700447.jpg
111KB, 470x337px
>>19854278
way to ruin the mood
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.