[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

>Gundam did Macross better than any Macross series could How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: trailblazer.jpg (44KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
trailblazer.jpg
44KB, 640x360px
>Gundam did Macross better than any Macross series could
How did they pull it off lads?
>>
"I just want to sing songs while all of you are risking your lives and dying in front of me :("
Princess was best girl.
>>
>did Macross better
>by adopting the same approach towards understanding as Macross
>>
>>15874302
By actually letting the MC fuck the aliens and showing humans and aliens interbreeding. Fucking Macross never lets you see a giant Zentraedi fucking our heroic human pilot MC.
>>
>>15874302
MSG
>understanding doesn't work because there's more to us than just understanding each other

00
>understanding worked because these aliens are basically super nice and are willing to become completely subservient to humans, allowing them to effectively become immortal superhuman psychics that will travel the galaxy on a whim and the aliens don't really care one way or another whether humans parasitically use them as the fountain of youth or as giant weapons to wage bloody wars against anyone who pisses them yay humanity, silly aliens!
>>
>>15874419
>understanding worked because these aliens are basically super nice and are willing to become completely subservient to humans, allowing them to effectively become immortal superhuman psychics that will travel the galaxy on a whim and the aliens don't really care one way or another whether humans parasitically use them as the fountain of youth or as giant weapons to wage bloody wars against anyone who pisses them yay humanity, silly aliens!
Those are a lot of unfair assumptions.

>understanding doesn't work because there's more to us than just understanding each other
00 also said that understanding doesn't purely work. They also fought and said that peace amongst as they exist is impossible and need to evolve. It's a transhumanist story that I can get behind within the context of that universe I can get behind despite not actually being a transhumanist myself.
>>
>>15874449
>amongst as they
amongst humans as they*
Sorry.
Notice all the enemies that were put down after understanding didn't work.
Understanding doesn't necessarily create peace in more keeps it.
>>
>>15874415
Max & Millya's knife-fight was basically foreplay
>>
Trailblazer did Gunbuster better than Gunbuster.
>>
>>15874302
Gundam is better at everything. Macross is, in all reality, a Gundam knock-off to begin with. Macross did a few original things that weren't in Mobile Suit Gundam, but later Gundam shows incorporated those ideas much better than Macross ever could. Gundam's one and only pop idol princess actually had the demeanor of a political leader and led an actual political faction. Macross's pop princesses are more on Meer Campbell's level: just a propaganda tool for the faction they belong to. Macross's "slightly better than previous AI" berserk machine pales in comparison to Devil Gundam. Sharon went after one guy like a jilted ex-girlfriend, Devil tried to wipe out all humanity to restore the environment. Ancient alien weapons? Macross needed a million and a half battleships to wipe out civilization on earth, Gundam needed one prototype mobile suit. We have met the enemy and they are us? Macross's explanation for humans and Zentradi being the same is patently absurd to anyone who knows even a little bit about human evolution. The Vagans, on the other hand, are an actually plausible scenario. Also the "alien" mobile suit that was found drifting in the outer solar system turning out to be the product of a long-forgotten human expansion to other stars falls into this category even if it was only supplemental backstory.
>but the MUSIC
Yeah, let me know when the London Symphony Orchestra starts performing Fire Bomber songs.
>>
>>15874419
>>understanding worked because these aliens are basically super nice and are willing to become completely subservient to humans
Actually, Sunrise said that in between the film and true peace, they had an equivalent of Spacenoids vs Federation war just like traditional Gundam shows. But that it basically happened off-screen because we have seen it so many times already.
>>
>>15875190

> Gundam's one and only pop idol princess actually had the demeanor of a political leader and led an actual political faction. Macross's pop princesses are more on Meer Campbell's level: just a propaganda tool for the faction they belong to.

Opinions. More powerful doesn't equate to better. Some people prefer that the pop star character be a pop star character, and not a pop star, a politician, a captain and a spy master rolled in to one.

> Ancient alien weapons? Macross needed a million and a half battleships to wipe out civilization on earth, Gundam needed one prototype mobile suit.

By Frontier all it needs is a single bomb. A bomb that can not only wipe out civilization, but take out a large chunk of the actual planetary mass as well.

> We have met the enemy and they are us? Macross's explanation for humans and Zentradi being the same is patently absurd to anyone who knows even a little bit about human evolution. The Vagans, on the other hand, are an actually plausible scenario.
> The Vagans, on the other hand, are an actually plausible scenario.
> Let's just forget the people we sent off an exploratory voyage to terraform a whole other planet and let them deal with the space cancer the planet gives them on their own because we don't want to help them and people will forget about it entirely in a century or two.
> "Plausible"

They're both patently absurd.

> Also the "alien" mobile suit that was found drifting in the outer solar system turning out to be the product of a long-forgotten human expansion to other stars falls into this category even if it was only supplemental backstory.

It doesn't really, but even if it did, a space faring human civilization just cutting itself off from Earth altogether and never checking on it for thousands of years and the people on Earth also just happening to forget about them at the same time is even more absurd. Not that any of them is bad because they're absurd mind, but they're still absurd.
>>
>>15876090
>> Let's just forget the people we sent off an exploratory voyage to terraform a whole other planet and let them deal with the space cancer the planet gives them on their own because we don't want to help them and people will forget about it entirely in a century or two.
>> "Plausible"
Are you retarded? Countries abandon their people, especially military and diplomatic personnel, all the time after deploying them. History is full of examples like that and this is the thing you're saying is implausible?
>>
>>15876097

Countries abandon them, but they're usually not forgotten for several generations and even then only when the place they're going is an unknown destination. Mars is a known place. Add in that the voyage took place during a time of digital media and computers, when there'd be numerous records of the voyage spread all over the place and yes, it does become implausible that they'd simply be forgotten.
>>
>>15874419
You just misquoted both MSG and 00.
Honestly MSG never went too deep into "Understanding territory".
People only see that stuff in retrospect because of SEED.

as for 00 the aliens weren't being subservient, they were looking for a home and found one coesxisting with humans on earth.
The ELS don't have to remain in their alien form anyways, it's not like they cared.
But some probably morphed into humanlike beings overtime because it was more comfortable.
>>
>>15874302
Macross and 00 explore completely different concepts though.
Macross is about what happens when Humanity comes in contact with aliens on the same mental level which leads into a culture shock theme.

Gundam 00 was about what happens when humanity comes in conctact with aliens whose minds they can't understand on a conceptual level.
>>
>>15874302
by getting rid of the songs
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.