[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a single mecha series that basically looks at the "kids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: hmm coffee.jpg (47KB, 662x635px) Image search: [Google]
hmm coffee.jpg
47KB, 662x635px
Is there a single mecha series that basically looks at the "kids piloting robots" trope and says "that's fucking retarded why the fuck are you using child soldiers this is war" and just goes full military like that?

Something that covers the logistics of a 4 story mass shifting air around at hundreds of miles and hour and all the resources it would take and all that shit? Something, I dunno, more /k/ and /sci/.
>>
>why are you using child soldiers this is war

Hmm
>>
Yes. Now kill yourself, autist.
>>
>>15874244
But its because its war that they are using child soldiers.

There's a damn good reason why anywhere in war is a fucking hellhole, its not just the death and destruction, there's also the fact that people tend to ignore the rules and human rights if it meant that they would survive or win.

Simple example, the Law of Armed Conflicts.
If you're following the "rules" you're devoting resources to things that don't help you fight the war. Sure you have the moral high ground, but is it worth the resources spent? There's no right or wrong answer for that, and either choice is understandable.
>>
>>15874244
>Is there a single mecha series that basically looks at the "kids piloting robots" trope and says "that's fucking retarded why the fuck are you using child soldiers this is war"

Errr evangelion? How new are you?
>>
>>15874244
Yes, there are many.
>>
Gundam Thunderbolt has a part where Kids fresh out of the pilot academy are sent into battle and almost all of them die like flies.
>>
>>15874979
There is a right answer.

Those who survive get to decide what was right or wrong.

Anything above or below that simply doesn't matter. The dead are gone, they can no longer project anything.

Look at the way Nazis are treated in the media for the last 50 years. There are no good or noble nazis, there are just monsters. Nazis are like Zombies or Vampires at this point.
>>
>>15874989
Yep.

Winning is the only right answer. Because when you're the winner you decide what is a warcrime and what isn't. Hence all the despicable stuff done in war to win.
>>
>>15874244
Muv Luv

Most adult soldiers died when the aliens attacked and they have to lower the drafting age to throw more meat into the grinder.

Most Cadets out of the training died during the first 8 minutes of combat.
>>
>>15874244
Do you even watch mecha.
0079 points out that Amuro, at the start, is a shit pilot only saved by the strength of the Gundam. He's the only one who can pilot it because all the others are dead.
He's even forcibly drafted into the army later on due to his experience using the Gundam.
>>
>>15875052
I think he'd prefer things that aren't trash
>>
>>15875073
Maybe he should stop watching anime then.
>>
>>15874244
>Mobile Suit Gundam wasn't the first post
This board is shit.
>>
>>15875200
But ML is mostly a VN series and is as terrible as any given anime. Also, I think you meant to say that he should stop watching anything.
>>
>>15874244
>why the fuck are you using child soldiers this is war
really makes you think
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.