[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Gunbuster overrated on /m/? It was rather average.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0656.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0656.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
Is Gunbuster overrated on /m/?

It was rather average.
>>
Thanks for you opinion.
>>
>>15873334
Above average ost, above average animation, pretty enjoyable ending.

A good anime is determined by more than just characters and story.
>>
>a lot of people say something is good
>actually I don't find it THAT good so it's overrated
neck yourself
>>
>>15873334
You should know by now to ignore delusional Gainaxcucks like >>15873348
>>
>>15873334
>It was rather average.
It is, if you can turn your brain off and ignore the shit characters the sci-fi is actually really damn interesting.

>FTL time dilation
>Scale of battlefields, starships, and the aliens
>"We built a black hole bomb by building a dyson sphere around Jupiter and towed it with us"
>>
>>15873415
Not really
>>
>>15873415
Tim dilation is a shit concept.
>>
File: Noriko!.gif (736KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
Noriko!.gif
736KB, 350x233px
>>15873334
It was legitimately great.
>>
File: 70's moe.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
70's moe.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
Ace o Nerae! is better.
>>
>>15874438
>>>/sp/
>>
everything is overrated

might as well die
>>
>>15874438
Nah, it was too long, art was nice though
>>
File: rose of versaille.jpg (569KB, 956x720px) Image search: [Google]
rose of versaille.jpg
569KB, 956x720px
>>15874553
>>15874665
Dezaki>Anno
debate me nerd bois
>>
>>15874669
LoGH Generation Zero needed more spaceships
>>
>>15873334
Yes. /m/ is full of guys who don't understand that it is the journey, not the destination, that matters. They focus on the fantastic ending episodes and don't seem to remember that the first three episodes are sort of a bit rubbish. A show that starts bad and ends up amazing is a mediocre show.
>>
>>15873334
I love it but it's not without its flaws.

>>15874420
Time dilation is real thing.
>>
>>15874669
There's no debate. One of them is the first name people go to when you think of the all time greatest, while the other is the first on the talentless hack list.
>>15874438
To put it in perspective, Ace had such influence that 10 years later some nerd decided to ripoff it's story and apply it to a mecha anime. It's such an important series that 40 years later people still draw doujin for it.
>>
>>15873334
>Is Gunbuster overrated on /m/?

Gunbuster's saving grace is : the music, the character design and the glorious bouncing boobs.
Of course, since you don't want to be branded as an /a/ people here are going to harp on the mecha aspect. But lets get real, Gunbuster is remembered for other things than the robot.
>>
>>15874669
Nothing to debate
robots > tennis
>>
File: Tennis.webm (434KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tennis.webm
434KB, 640x480px
>>15874770
Gunbuster is such an ugly robot, and the action scenes in it were so underwhelming that even an anime about a gay sport like tennis managed to be more interest.
>>
>>15874420
Go read some Alastair Reynolds and say that to me again.
>>
>>15874758
Nah, I only remember the robot.
>>
>>15874758
What the fuck

Gunbuster is the pose, the fight scenes, Noriko's pubes memes, and WELCOME BACK

Who the fuck cares about boob animation
>>
>>15874792

You made my point.
Gunbuster is not about the robot.
>>
>>15874792
I tried watching Gunbuster again a few months ago and still thought it was just awful. Which fight scene did you think was good? I want to try to understand what people see in this anime.
>>
>>15874802
>The robot posing
>The robot fighting
>The robot returning to Earth
Its almost entirely about the robot.
>>
>>15874807
>Which fight scene did you think was good
All of them. I could pick over details but basically I like high-budget crap OVAs, things that pretend to be hard scifi, and beam weaponry being used on armies and Gunbuster hits all 3.

Also I know Anno said the monoeye was a mistake and it dehumanises the robot, but I think its to Gunbuster's benefit - its one of the few super robots that is more of a tool than a hero.
>>
>>15874817
It's not about pretending to be hard scifi, it's about taking cool things from real life and using them to add meat and flavour to your fantasy, or even take it in a new direction. There's nothing wrong with that, or at the very least it's better than doing yet another reskinning of world war 2.
>>
>>15874817
Can Gunbuster truly qualify as a high-budget crap OVA? Sure it's crap, but most of the action scenes after the first episode were composed of stills, pans, and large explosions filling the screen.
>>
>>15874780
You're in the wrong neighborhood, son.
>>
somebody post the naked model sheets
>>
>>15874669
It's a fact, there's nothing to debate
>>
>>15874792
Getter Robo G did the pose first.
>>
It starts interesting enough, gets really shit immediately after, gets a glimmer of interest back at the end of ep 4, has an amazing battle at ep 5 and then a great final episode. It ends on its highest note so people think it was all fantastic.
>>
File: 1456611952949.jpg (206KB, 1432x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456611952949.jpg
206KB, 1432x1080px
>>15873334
>Is Gunbuster overrated on /m/?
>/m/
Most lurker of /m/ only knew shit anime like Gundem Seed before coming and discover the nice stuff as they waste their youth here.
For them Gunbuster is underrated.
For veteran Gunbuster is above average and getting behind as NEW anime eventually do better.

Taste is subjective, but if you look at the majority of anime still being made, Gunbuster is still pretty great for its age. Even the dumb but assumed fanservice is above average.

Diebuster however... is also above average, but in a way completely alien to what made Gunbuster interesting in the first place, it IS thematically similar, but most viewer have ADHD and don't care about this, they wanted Gunbuster 2 'Noriko's return' or something
>>
>>15873334
Better than Evangelion
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.