[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, i must ask. Why the hell didn't Shiro just draw his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: yunobeamsaber.png (2MB, 1221x952px) Image search: [Google]
yunobeamsaber.png
2MB, 1221x952px
So, i must ask. Why the hell didn't Shiro just draw his beam saber? Im sure it would have been way easier and faster than tearing off the Ez8's damaged arm and also would be a way more effective weapon. Also, it's not as though its been disabled or something as he has it drawn in the next scene. Don't get me wrong, i love 08th team, and this is easily one of my favorite battles in all of Gundam, but for some reason this bothers me.
>>
but muh element of surprise
>>
File: norriswouldbedead.png (2MB, 1415x964px) Image search: [Google]
norriswouldbedead.png
2MB, 1415x964px
Even more, he had the element of surprise(sorta), had that been a beam saber he would have split Norris like a chunk of firewood.
>>
>>15867234
The Ez8 isn't powerful enough to use beam weapons for very long.
>>
File: cl4ii.jpg (24KB, 300x540px) Image search: [Google]
cl4ii.jpg
24KB, 300x540px
>>15867431
Literally the next scene he has it ignited for easily three or four times longer than the whole sequence where he went all Dan Fortesque with Ez8's arm.
>>
>>15867234
it doesn't matter what shiro does since his plot armor protects him no matter what.
>>
>>15867234
Maybe in a fit of devil's advocate here, but perhaps ripping the arm off diverted power to the rest of the suit allowing him to weld a beam saber.
>>
File: Mobile Suit Xabungle.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mobile Suit Xabungle.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15867452
Even the RX-78-2's beam sabre is supposed to have a time limit of one minute before needing to be recharged, but the animation never reflected that realistically.

Still, there was at least one moment where the beam sabre did run out.
>>
08th MS Team isn't actually very realistic or anything, news at eleven.
The entire spider-gouf sequence in and of itself basically relies on the 08th MS Team losing all competence.

If you want an answer, it's probably just because it makes for really good dramatic effect. Shiro's panicking, frantically trying not to die, and generally behaving so that Norris still gets to kill all of the MP Guntanks instead of getting fried like he should've been. Instead of doing the reasonable thing and going straight for the beam saber, he goes for his arm.
>>
>>15867492
Didn't protect his leg.
>>
>>15867502
That doesn't really make any sense, and only brings up more questions.

The EZ8 can't power a beam sabre? Why would it have one at all? Weaker suits can power a beam sabre.

Why would the arm by itself consume that much power that the loss of it would allow a beam sabre to turn on? And since the arm isn't meant to be detachable, is this some kind of silly backup weapon where it happens to only work if the machine gets a limb torn off?
>>
>>15867234
Shiro was having some sort of huge epiphany moment, so I'm putting this on him just not thinking straight. He didn't go for the thing that made most sense, he went for the thing that made sense to him in the moment, which was to beat a motherfucker with his own severed arm. Effective? No. The sort of thing a person going through a mild psychotic break would think to do? Absolutely.
>>
>>15867605
Now the question is if Shiro switched over to manual control to execute the actual motions needed for pulling off the mobile suit's own arm, or if the feature of pulling off the machine's own arm was programmed into the mobile suit's control software.
>>
>>15867611
it was programmed in as a joke, they didnt think anyone would use it.
>>
>>15867508
I just realized these goufs only have regular hands. I thought heat rod and finger vulcans were standard gouf setup.
>>
>>15867622
They are, it's why they were supplanted by Doms later and supposedly why the Gouf Custom doesn't have the gun fingers. They're much clumsier as manipulators and the heat rod is apparently not as versatile as it could be.
>>
>Loses cool
>Acts like a retard
>This somehow gives him an edge over the composed, previously threatening ace

This scene always annoyed me. Yeah you can make sense out of it, surprising Norris with unorthodox behavior. But It just gave the wrong messages in my opinion. Pretty much felt like it was validating Shiro letting fear get the best of him instead of punishing him for losing his composure on the battlefield.
>>
>>15867508

I like that this webm loops effectively.
>>
>>15867648
Norris only got whacked because he realized he was beating up his qt girl pets bf
>>
>>15867611
it has practical uses. The arm was heavily damaged. We see MS forcefully detaching their own limbs on several occasions. If his arm got stuck in a wall or something, pulling off the arm to reestablish mobility would be a good tradeoff.

Similarily, if his arm had been caught by the heatwire, ripping it off would be a good move since he's not gonna use it anyway.

Now him using it as a weapon probably was an adhoc decision, since his enemy could have struck at any moment, discarding the arm and going for the heat saber would not only have been a waste of time, but also given the Gouf plenty of time to go for the kill.
>>
File: ItslikeThisYaSee.jpg (161KB, 1912x1121px) Image search: [Google]
ItslikeThisYaSee.jpg
161KB, 1912x1121px
>>15867234
Had to have time to reboot the OS-- after replacing the fried controller card, energy re-routing services probably needed a bit of time to restart.

... or whatever.
>>
Wouldn't ripping the arm off unbalance EZ-8 as well?
>>
>>15868201
being slightly off balance is preferable to having a deadweight gaining momentum during every move and possibly slapping against your own hull.
>>
>>15868195
That actually makes sense. Well done anon.
>>
>>15867452

The way Dan can throw his arm like a boomerang reminds me of robot rocket punches.
>>
>>15867508
*incoherent Aumro flailing*
>>
>>15867847
The way I see is it since his artillery units were blown to shit and squad shot up by this one dude, then his MS was completely disabled where he had to scramble to fix what he could in the cockpit before getting coup de grĂ¢ce'd, doing something kinda rash isn't too far fetched.

Besides the arm was completely fucked and I'm not sure if the MS needs to crouch to grab a sabre out of the lower leg holsters.
>>
>>15867234
Remember that up until this point, he has been using this dead arm as a shield. Now notice his posture. As he pulls the arm off (which does not actually take long) he is effectively putting a shield up to Norris' sword, nevermind that his actions might even cause Norris pause given how unorthodox it is.

To access his beam saber, he would have to bend down and grab it from his knee compartment. This would leave him significantly more vulnerable to attack.

With Norris pushed back, Shiro was able to safely ignite his beam saber in the next scene, with some dead weight removed as a bonus.
>>
>>15867234

Shiro wasn't exactly in his best state of mind
>>
>>15867234
Because then they wouldn't be able to pad things out and force the goy to buy another overpriced episode on tape to find out what happens next.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.