[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A planet and its denizens are being eaten by a huge abominat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: to evacuate or not to evacuate.png (73KB, 1364x628px) Image search: [Google]
to evacuate or not to evacuate.png
73KB, 1364x628px
A planet and its denizens are being eaten by a huge abomination. Within 10 days, the nearest space fleet will come to the rescue, taking evacuees off the planet for safety and deploying its firepower, will completely and utterly destroy said abomination.

However, as time goes by, the abomination will continue to eat civilians on the ground. There is a prototype super-mech that you overhear about, but their original pilots are lost. There is not guarantee the mech can hurt the monster one bit.

Does /m/ side with waiting for the space fleet to arrive and completely destroy the monster or does /m/ prefer to steal the prototype and do something about it?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13913518
>>
>>15864880
>do nothing, get a ton of people killed
>do something, turn 1% into 100%, save fucking everyone

gee, I wonder
>>
>>15864880
I'd take the prototype and join the monster in killing the people. Together the two of us may stand a chance against the incoming space fleet if we perform a fusion.
>>
>>15864880

Why would you not? If you'd presented a possible downside to the idea of taking it then it'd be worth thinking about, but as is you can either do nothing as millions are killed or do something that may not work but could end up saving millions, so there's no reason not to do it.
>>
>>15865315
Uhhh yeah there is a downside. You may watch everyone around you get eaten but you might be a lucky one that survives. Meanwhile if you get in the mech and its useless you now just killed yourself.
>>
>>15866010

That's not a downside because you might be one of millions killed and have no way to guarantee you won't be, while you might not die piloting even if it doesn't work. Both are maybes, so it doesn't significantly count as choice.
>>
>>15864880
Wait for the fleet, about time monsters win in more stories.
>>15864911
Or this.
>>
>>15866068
Of course its a choice thats why OP asked the question. You are putting yourself at greater risk to try and help save others or you can sit back and hope for the best. And I doubt the monster is going to eat millions of people in 10 days. Depending on population and how much he eats it could be a very slim chance you are even selected.
>>
>>15864880
>take the giant robot
>don't take the giant robot

What the fuck kind of question is that?
>>
>>15864880
From a selfish perspective, I'm probably safer from the abomination inside a giant metal suit than as one of the people on the ground being eaten.

From a selfless perspective, my options are to do nothing or to help.

From a robot lover's perspective, my options are to do nothing or to pilot a giant robot.

There's basically no choice here.
>>
>>15866078

It is a choice, but so is whether to have a pepperoni pizza or ham one. Just because they're both choices doesn't make them consequential or difficult though, and neither is OPs, because both choices present a good chance of death and the personal outcome isn't significantly differentiated (i.e. you might survive in either case).

A more interesting scenario would be if you, your family and/or your friends were guaranteed survival in a high value bunker or something, but the giant robot can defeat the monster at high personal risk and you could save lots of people you don't know if you pilot it, possibly at the cost of your own life. Do you do it?

Now there's some differentiation and your choice reflects your priorities, since staying put guarantees you live while moving presents the possibility of death.
>>
>>15866103
Family or not, that's everyone else's families on the line. And selfishly, there's a robot. Assuming it has something of a dumb AI to handle fine movement control, you'd have to go for it.
>>
>>15864880

That's like asking if you'd wait for the police to show up to a burglary versus using a .357 to utterly wreck whoever's attempting it.

Obviously you'd use the mech. Or at least have someone competent steal it.
>>
>>15864880

The fleet is coming in 10 days whether I do something or not. If I do nothing then there's a chance I might die anyway. Provided the abomination isn't rampaging through a territory whose population I hate, I'd fight to buy people time to evacuate.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.