[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just finished Zegapain and thought it was a surprisingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: mpv-0150.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-0150.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
So I just finished Zegapain and thought it was a surprisingly good sci-fi show, though there are some lingering questions on my mind. If quantum entanglement prevented them from making backups of people's data, how was the Maihama server able to reset everyone after 5 months? This implies that there's some sort of baseline that can be reverted to. And what the fuck was with that rock throwing scene? It seemed kinda cheesy and out of place compared to the overall serious tone of the show.
>>
>>15864622

I thought the China girls needed way more screen time and to play a larger role. But maybe Im just weird and think that watching people deal with having their entire country lost is more entertaining than a child hood friend getting jelly
>>
>>15864622
Well, the server could be reset without having a backup copy if it was using reversible computing. Pretty neat concept in computer science. Normally, when you set a program back to zero, you're not actually resetting anything. You're scribbling over the program with a random data set and then instantiating a new copy of the program. Reversible computing is a theoretical model that does it differently, where the processes the computing substrate uses are time-invariant, and can be run backwards as well as forwards. So instead of starting over from scratch, you're rewinding the process. Nothing is erased, it's just set back to how it was in the past. The advantage of this is that it's much more thermodynamically efficient, since the writing-over that happens with normal deletion entails a huge amount of entropy. I can see a hypothetical quantum computer being designed to use reversible computing, you want as little entropy as possible in a quantum system.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.