[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

excuse me sir why are we gassing spacenoids for spacenoid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: 1491712885230.jpg (38KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491712885230.jpg
38KB, 240x240px
excuse me sir why are we gassing spacenoids for spacenoid independence again?
>>
>>15864559
Because fuck you, that's why!
>>
They're bound by the earth's gravity
>>
>>15864559
We're culling those whose souls are secretly weighed down by gravity. Here, let me prove it to you. If we nudge that colony a little closer to earth, all the gravity-bound souls we recently freed will induce a force of attraction between the two.
>>
>>15864559
Even though they may be spacenoids like us, they are still Federation citizens who sympathize with them. To much potential of Federation sentiment within the Sides outside of the Principality's reaches, along with the looming threat of the Federation setting up garrisons within the colonies. The sacrifice of so many innocents is a tragedy, but with this judgemental strike, we can bring the Federation to its knees within a month. Billions will die, but such will secure every future citizen of Zeon and other Spacenoid who chose not to stand with the Federation today! Now all we need to do is deal with those sniveling cowards in the Side 6 Colony cluster...

"Colonel Killing on January 3rd"
>>
>>15864559
To make space for big zam.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2013-01-20-03h14m30s216.png (193KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2013-01-20-03h14m30s216.png
193KB, 640x480px
They had their chance
>>
What's wrong with your faaaace
>>
>>15864559
Private, we are trying to make space great again for us, Zeon spacenoids!! SEIG ZEON!!!
>>
File: IMG_1310.jpg (50KB, 680x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1310.jpg
50KB, 680x550px
>>15864836
>>
>>15864559
THEY ARE KULAKS AND TRAITORS TO SPACENOID KIND!!
>>
>>15864850
That episode would fuck me right up as a kid and I couldn't understand why.
>>
File: MUH IDEALS.png (434KB, 788x1097px) Image search: [Google]
MUH IDEALS.png
434KB, 788x1097px
>>15864566
> Because MUH IDEALS, that's why!

ftfy
>>
>>15864559
Freedom for Spacenoids... freedom from the burden of life.
>>
File: ItsNotUntrue.jpg (575KB, 1377x2439px) Image search: [Google]
ItsNotUntrue.jpg
575KB, 1377x2439px
>>15864559
Because Zeon's War for Independence was specifically for those from Side 3. Only colonies in Side 3 technically belong to and are a part of the Principality. When their propaganda says "Spacenoid," they mean "Spacenoids living in Side 3."

I think this is a mistake many folks make when considering Zeon's war decisions in space. Has nothing to do with "Spacenoids;" has everything to do with making citizens of Side 3 the supreme beings in the universe.
>>
File: Zeon-flag - Copy.png (125KB, 541x640px) Image search: [Google]
Zeon-flag - Copy.png
125KB, 541x640px
>>15864836
Still not enough space.
>>
>>15864559
I had the bean burrito for lunch and wanted to share my feelings about it.
>>
>>15868359
So, we'll ignore the fact that most people didn't move to the colonies willingly, they were literally forced to move into them via the space colony settlement law, and only people who had the power to exclude themselves remained on Earth. The colonies were all net donators to Earth as it sucked up the resources they produced, and spent it on stupid shit like creating forests to make the depopulated planet look nicer (without actually doing anything helpful to the environment), maintaining cities that no one lived in, etc. The sides barely had any money for anything because of this, so unless the Federation makes direct use of it, most of the time shit gets ignored.

Side 3 gets sick of it and becomes independent and immediately, the Federation passes the alien exclusion act and the bardot policy (deliberately trying to starve them of resources and banning travel to and from side 3) and then begins a series of massive armaments project and basically starts planning to invade. Zeon builds up it's home defence force in response and things keep on chugging just about until Zeon manage to get back their first shipment from Jupiter and become mostly okay.

Meanwhile other colonies are asking if they can have more autonomy and keep getting told no. Eventually Riah has a revolution over it, the federation actually invade, only for Zeon to step in and make them back down.

Then the whole OYW thing. Now obviously at this point it's the conquest oriented Zabis in charge, but one thing to note is that EVERY colony had been militarised, with 0 thought spared to the fact that this made them targets. Colonies had bases, garrisons, and weapons, and the colonists were basically human shields.

As for the gassing, that happens like, twice, and nearly no one knew that it was a thing. And the Federation's response was basically "just push it away from things that we consider important" so instead of a military base, it takes out Sydney.
>>
Also both sides indiscriminately used nuclear weapons in the opening days of the war. It's fucking space, the place is already insanely radioactive so adding a bit more doesn't do shit because everything is covered in radiation shielding (so that everyone doesn't just die in case of a radiation spike). It was just assumed that nukes would be thrown around, which is why the C type has more intense radiation shielding than the F type (because once you don't need to handle the sharp bursts of radiation you can get rid of it for the most part)

The Federation doesn't really do much to stop WMDs until Earth comes under threat too, because they're such swell chaps.

And then lets talk post war. They throw up some hastily made colonies to house refugees... and then never actually build new proper colonies for them so they just sit in hastily thrown together ramshackle colonies for decades. This is why Zeon as an idea is so resilient in UC.
>>
>>15870932
>>15870938
You killed everything in your first sentence.

There's literally no proof of forced relocation in any Gundam except for when a Zabi loyalist said it happened.

The only chance that the series ever had to make that detail canon is Hathaway's Flash with the manhunters, except HF is a direct sequel to Beltorchika's Children making them both a separate novel exclusive canon.

Even Unicorn only had Zeon loyalists say the Federation forced them into space. Everyone else says people left willingly in the beginning to find a means to save the Earth.
>>
>>15870985
I think the narrator used the phrase, "humanity began to move its burgeoning population to space," which could well be interpreted to mean it was forced from above.
But claims like
>The colonies were all net donators to Earth as it sucked up the resources they produced
don't seem to have much evidence outside of Zeek rhetoric. And
>but one thing to note is that EVERY colony had been militarised, with 0 thought spared to the fact that this made them targets.
is patently untrue, we know full well that there are neutral colonies, and these colonies get uppity at White Base when they pull up.
>>
File: WellShit.png (257KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
WellShit.png
257KB, 640x480px
>>15870932
>So, we'll ignore the fact that most people didn't move to the colonies willingly...
Not at all, but Zeon sure does. The Principality doesn't give 2 shits about Sides 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 or 7, because those are "Federation" territories; citizens of those Sides are not on the Zeon bandwagon-- to Side 3, anyone who doesn't drink the Zeon Koolaid and/or is not a part of Side 3 is an enemy, whether you live on Earth or in Space.
>>
File: 1470160165128.jpg (585KB, 771x1361px) Image search: [Google]
1470160165128.jpg
585KB, 771x1361px
>>
>>15871018
>Australia
>Innocents
>>
>>15871171
CUNT!
>>
>>15871010
>don't develop and produce feddie weapons on your territory
>don't get attacked
WOOOOOOW, how am I supposed to know that??!!!???
>>
>>15870985

>>15870985
>Even Unicorn only had Zeon loyalists say the Federation forced them into space. Everyone else says people left willingly in the beginning to find a means to save the Earth.

I know you're specifically referring to the bar guy in episode 4. However, you omit something important from what he actually said.
Let me quote him:
"Some folks say it was only the poor that were forcibly discarded into space, but there were a lot of people who left of their own accord. "

"A lot of people" /=/ "All people left of their own accord". Geez, with /m/ it's either "Federation dindu nuthin" or "Zeon dindu nuthin". Why can't we just have an honest convo about this?
>>
>>15864687
>>15864687
This
>>
>>15871302
>Why can't we just have an honest convo about this?
Because people don't know how to sit on the fence to see both sides.
>>
>>15871236
I suppose Zeon just doesn't care? its the same reason why once he thought the OYW was about to be wrapped up nicely, Gihren wants to proceed with his culling of the human race/population.

because, once again:
>anyone who doesn't drink the Zeon Koolaid and/or is not a part of Side 3 is an enemy, whether you live on Earth or in Space.

And even then, Zeon top heads could come up with whatever reason they wanted to, in order to justify killing someone/some group.
>>
>>15873547
You are projecting Gihren being an asshat on every single Zeon Leader.

I think the one thing that's clear now is that Kycilla should have blown up Gihren instead of Sasro.
>>
>>15871018
True Zeon has never been formed

except for zum deikun
>>
File: Birth_of_CCA_Char.jpg (282KB, 960x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Birth_of_CCA_Char.jpg
282KB, 960x1600px
>>15873836
>implying Deikun wouldn't have dropped shit on the Earth too
>>
>>15873880
What would a Gundam AU where he survived look like?

or better yet what about one where he has a stroke instead

What would Char do without any motive? would he make one? would he follow in his dads footsteps
>>
File: 1322523788053.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1322523788053.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>15875664

>What would a Gundam AU where he survived look like?

Gundam X.
>>
>>15870985
I think it was in Zum Deikuns Speech in the novel

>Zeon's Call
"...It is true that we- the space colonists- were largely shipped from Earth against our will as a population-control measure..."
>>
Reminder that the soldiers who carried out the gas attacks had no idea what they were doing until it was too late
This is an important part of Cima's backstory
>>
>>15875972
>not telling your soldiers what they're about to do
Typical Zeek incompetence
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.