[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fafner Exodus Thread Susanoo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 64

File: 1445326218890.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1445326218890.webm
3MB, 720x405px
No more numbered Nothungs edition

http://pastebin.com/Mym5hVwH
Poll with best of's. You can edit your responses. Stream after Exodus is finished.

Previous
>>13469964
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106KB, 1920x1080px
>Susanoo

total weeb
>>
>>13479352
It's technically Elf' though...
Also the poll has a new question.

>>13479367
Fucking sucks.
We could've been hearing Fragarach all season but noooo.
Gen 3 will always be lowest on my favoritism scale because of that.

Gen 1 > Gen 2 > NUNkids > RoLefters > Gen 3
>>
Who Mark Ackt and Kenji here?

Needs more screentime.

That and I want to see Kenji in the spotlight for the series ends.
>>
>>13479379
Drei desu. Kenji has a top tier waifu.
The heavy frame just looks goofy. I don't like the stabilizer. The Einherjar version looks way better though.

I think they'll both be ok.
>>
>>13479352
Ought to put the timeline and song pastebins in the OP.
>>
>>13479390
Not OP, but that'll add up to a lot of clutter.

I like the low impact look
>>
>>13479390
>>13479394
I'll admit I completely spaced out on those, but yeah I'm not sure how busy it'd look.

At this rate we could almost use another pastebin or some other document just to compile all the stuff like this, the refresher posts, and the recent infographic.
>>
Is there like a chart of all the Fafners along with their pilots? Full body shots of the mechas, if possible.
>>
Someone was asking about the weapon Mk. Vier is holding in the ED, it looks a lot like the proto-Luger Lances the TSXs had. It's too long to be a Gundrake, and it starts the angling closer to the hilt unlike the Luger Lance which is flat until just below the tip.

Also Titan Model swords are called "Long Swords" too according to the nips. That raises more confusion about the Raven Sword vs. Long Sword question.
Anybody have the RD Mk. Drei's booklet and can post pics so we can confirm?

>>13479418
No, but I've been working on something. It'll take time to add pictures, but I'm sure I could.
>>
>>13479446
>No, but I've been working on something. It'll take time to add pictures, but I'm sure I could.
I'll wait patiently.

I thought there would be some official designs on the site like MJP's mechas, but I don't see them there. Kind of a shame. All the Fafners look great though. Bonus points for the great green on Acht.
>>
full ED when?
>>
Can't wait to see Kouyo's response when he knew his friends already married.
>>
Is it pretty much confirmed that Canon will appear next to Kazuki/Soushi/Koyo later?
What about Kurusu?
>>
>>13479663
Sky kun will probably be flying.
>>
>>13479663
There isn't nothing confirmed, just people speculating.
>>
>>13479663
>Is it pretty much confirmed that Canon will appear next to Kazuki/Soushi/Koyo later?
In the ED shot with Vier, Dreizehn, Sein, and Nicht? I'd say yes.
No clue on Sky-kun, he might be in the take with the coats. He might just be a 100 M tall Sphinx type. Kurusu isn't the old Kurusu anymore. He "dies" at the end of H&E and merges with his Mir fragment. It'll be cool to see what happens.
>>
File: Makabe Sexyhiko.jpg (125KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Makabe Sexyhiko.jpg
125KB, 1024x1024px
Alvis coats when? I'm definitely buying the fuck outta them.
>>
I'm slightly lost with the business of the Mir core.

Did Walker manifest its body remotely from the core to attack Sui? That seems to be the explanation but it seems to be a worrying capability.
Or are there two Mir fragments involved in the siege of Tatsumiyajima?
>>
>>13480223
>Or are there two Mir fragments involved in the siege of Tatsumiyajima?
This they made it clear the ocean itself or the part of it they were traveling on had it's own core and Walker had led them onto it.
>>
File: 72.jpg (141KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
72.jpg
141KB, 500x500px
Who is your favorite pilot?
Are they still alive?
If so, will they still be alive when this is all over?
>>
>>13478800
>>
>>13480334
>Who is your favorite pilot?
Gonna say Soushi cuz that guy is a freaking badass in Mk.Nicht
>Are they still alive?
HE'S STILL HERE
>If so, will they still be alive when this is all over?
The opening of Exodus says when we hear his message he'll no longer be around but we can't be sure Tow isn't just trolling.
>>
>tfw watching DA finally
Shoko went out really damn early, goddamn.

When does Tow show up to save the writing?
>>
>>13481227
He's there since the begging.
>>
>>13481227
He starts making edits to the scrpt at episode 11.
The reason why is because EDGEWORKS guy had already written a decent chunk and didn't get fired until right before the show was supposed to air/well into production.
We still don't know exactly why Yamanobe was fired though.
>>13481244
Yeah this is true, but he doesn't take on script duties until later on/
>>
>>13480334
Seri
Sorta
Yes.
>>13480908
Soushi is mad cool too.
>>
>>13481251
Do we even know what the hell happened to the guy that did the Series Composition on Dead Aggressor?

>Series Composition: Yasuo Yamabe
>Script:
>Kazuki Yamanobe (EDGEWORKS; eps 1-15)
>Tow Ubukata (eps 12-25)
>>
>>13481251
Yeah my bad, >>13481282 typed 11 by mistake it is 12.

Nobody knows.
>>
>>13481282
Nope. Guy vanished off the face of the Earth as well along with the original writer.
>>
>>13481302
>>13481304
That's freaking weird. Thank god XEBEC took the credit for "original creator".
>>
>>13481251
I honestly find Tow Ukabata a kind of oddity.

If you look at his credits he really hasn't worked on a awful lot of stuff, only taking on series composition for GitS:Arise (don't know how those turned out), Heroic Age, L'Chevalier D'eon, Fafner series, Mardock Scramble and PP2.

Of those PP2 was an absolute travesty kind of a stain on his career far as I can see.
>>
>>13481330
He was cockblocked by the production committee for that one, IIRC.
>>
>>13481330
>PP2 sucked
So did the Arise OVAs.
The movie's pretty good tho.
>>
>>13481330
PP2 was filler, he was restricted as fuck for that one. GITS: Arise and "New Movie" are mediocre at best, but their failings are the usual ills of any modern Production IG anime.
>>
>>13481339
>>13481343
I.G. needs to die honestly.
>>
>>13481330
>Of those PP2 was an absolute travesty kind of a stain on his career far as I can see.
PPS1 wasn't good period and considering it was used as filler towards the equally shitty movie its not gonna do much of anything.
>>
>>13481359
Screw you. I need my weekly platonic boys volleyball fix.
>>
>>13481364
If the first season of PP was say, 18 episodes, I think it would be a lot cleaner of a story. It just has so much bloat.
>>13481364
The movie was terrible for so many reasons beyond the Enrgish too.
>>
>>13481330
It's because he mainly writes books
>>
>>13481370
They're the Squeenix of anime though, and squeenix needs to die
>huge, so probably won't fail
>have a ton of influential shit in their CV, but nothing really to speak of in the last decade other than the occasional character driven thing
>purchased a sister company that makes great shit from time to time (Xebec/Eidos)

>a Xebec is a boat.
>I.G. created a parent company called I.G. Port when they bought Xebec.
>>
>>13481364
>PPS1 wasn't good period
You're over exaggerating, PP1 was fine and fairly interesting watch. It did stretch the suspension of disbelief a bit far but the concept was pretty decent and writing worked.

No idea about the movie though and everything I've heard about it makes me not too interested in following up.

>>13481373
>If the first season of PP was say, 18 episodes, I think it would be a lot cleaner of a story. It just has so much bloat.
Didn't they do a re-airing where they cut the show down to 12 eps?

>>13481359
>>13481339
From what I gathered PP2 wasn't even made by IG? I know it showed with the terrible animation quality.

I do know though that Tow was forced to work with another guy on writing duties and apparently they pretty much only ever talked about the job in a bar and then pissed off.

Said other writer went on to write the shitastic Aquarion Logos, Persona 3/4 anime adaptations, Valvrave, Galilei Donna and Hamatora.

Think they had some involvement in Humanity has Declined for one or two eps but that show was brilliant and had someone else in charge so it was probably a one off.
>>
>>13481425
>where they cut the show down to 12 eps?
Oh, that sounds interesting.

>wasn't even made by IG
Correct, they outsourced it to Tatsunoko.
>>
>>13481434
It's not really "cut". They just made 12 double length episodes. Or the same shit we new "scenes"
>>
>>13481417
I actually utterly forgot Production I.G. technically own Xebec.

Let's not get too far with the Xebec praise though, to be honest they can be pretty trashy too. They tend to be most entertaining when they do Sci-Fi/Mecha style series and they are usually made up of the same core staff who worked on the Fafner series at some point.

About the only other non-mecha/sci-fi series they've made which didn't outright suck was the Nyarl-ko series and that was still very budget.
>>
>>13481457
Why would anyone praise XEBEC? They are as mediocre as I.G. and sometimes even worse. I'm saying this even though I really love Fafner.
>>
>>13481416
I actually assumed it was the case since reading up he's actually a fairly accomplished novelist.
>>
>>13481457
Hence the time to time
I think Nadesico, 2199, Heroic Age (despite its BUDGET), Dai-Guard and Fafner are my entries for their good stufff.
Otherwise they really do suck.
>>
>>13481466
They've made some pretty decent /m/ shows.

Heroic Age, Nadesico, Argevollen, Rin-ne no Lagrange (S1 anyway), Stellvia, Fafner and the old Rockman.EXE series. They also made Space Battleship Yamato 2199 but I don't know enough about that to comment.
>>
Oh I forgot Zoids and Argevollen.

For all I care Xebec could sink, just somehow make sure the rights to Fafner stick with the producers working on it.
>>
>>13481492
But those aren't the entirely of its productions. They do a lot In-between and Key-animation work, though.
>>
>>13481496
Broken Blade
>>
File: laughter.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
laughter.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>13481492
>Heroic Age, Nadesico, Argevollen, Rin-ne no Lagrange, Rockman.EXE
>good
>>
>>13481517
And suddenly Xebec is of GOAT.
>>
>>13481517
s2 never
>>13481527
>Fafner
>good
Choose one.

Look ma, I can play too.
>>
>>13481425
>PP1 was fine and fairly interesting watch
If you'd never read a book in your life maybe which ironically describes everyone who praises it.
>>
These cedits alone are enough for me to call XEBEC mediocre

>To Love Ru: Darkness (TV) : 2nd Key Animation (ep 8), Animation Production, Finish Animation (eps 1, 12), In-Between Animation (eps 1, 12)
>To Love Ru: Darkness (TV 2) : Animation Production, Finish Animation, In-Between Animation, Photography
>To Love-Ru (OAV) : Animation Finishing, Animation Production, In-Between Animation, Production
>To Love-Ru (TV) : Animation Production, In-Between Animation, Key Animation
>To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness (OAV) : Production
>To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness (OAV 2) : Animation Production
>>
>>13481425
Not really, pretty much all of Psycho Pass ideas came from much more well written and interesting books it rips off so unless you're interested in character quoting 1984 and Brave New World for 12 hours it isn't worth watching unless you're a diehard Butcherfag, funnily enough S2 had the exact same problems as S1 yet somehow that gets the slack since it doesn't have the Butcher defense on it.

>From what I gathered PP2 wasn't even made by IG? I know it showed with the terrible animation quality.

S1 had terrible animation quality. Also yes but Tatsunoko is a apart of IG Port now so they were given the task since they were busy on the movie not like it made a huge difference.

>>13481373
The movie is just a waste of time, the only thing of merit is that it dropped all sense of pretense and became a dumb action movie.
>>
>>13481517
Shit. Manga is better.
>>
>>13480334
Canon
No
?
>>
>>13481540
Don't forget Triage X
>>13481449
That sucks.

It just had no concise sense of direction.
>>13481555
>it dropped all sense of pretense
Not true. They still spend an obnoxious amount of time quoting better writers, and the "ooh Makishima so bad ass, let's see if we can try and get back into his head sugoii~" shit was horrible. And the action was terribly choreographed most of the time to boot. Retards didn't hire Orange.

>gets the slack
I think you might mean flak?
>>
>>13481561
Even with the original shit happening, at least the animation stayed solid. And the Girge fight being added to the TV version was cool.
>>
>>13481555
You're so right that it hurts.

When PP was airing It was really hard for me to make that my at time girlfriend understood that quoting paragraphs from books that authors better than you wrote doesn't make your character "deep" or "intelligent. I told her that Shin Sekai Yori (which aired at the same time) had a better use of a dystopian setting and that its writing, even though not groundbreaking, was better in every level that PP. She never gave in. Stupid cunt.
>>
>>13481576
Is this the same chick who wanted to watch Exodus for Sui?
>>
>>13481561
series too? I only watched the movies and it was fine if you only watch them for combats without explosions everywhere, though.
>>
>>13481579
You nailed it.
>>
File: break blade.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
break blade.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>13481575
>>13481586
TV series is largely the same with the exception of the Girge fight. Its worth a watch for the sheer fact that its a well-animated 2D mecha anime which is getting to be a rarity nowadays.
>>
I'm surprised, but I usually get really annoyed with multiple slo-mo effects in a single take, but Fafner integrates it really well. In the OP webm, there's at least two instances, but it still keeps a really nice fluidity to it.
>>
>>13481576
>I told her that Shin Sekai Yori (which aired at the same time) had a better use of a dystopian setting and that its writing, even though not groundbreaking, was better in every level that PP
Yet people didn't watch it because of "gay shit"
>>
>>13481604
That is so fucking phat,
>>
>>13481613
In her case there was a retarded excuse about "homosexuality is just a phase". Which, as we all know, it's a thing in Japan. The funny thing is that the author went and made a plausible explanation for that, but she had to go all SJW on it.
>>
File: break blade2.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
break blade2.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>13481617
TV series is worth watching for that scene alone, still perplexed that it was omitted from the movies also what happened to that OVA project that was in the works after the TV series? Man it seems like after the author had a meltdown on twitter people stopped caring about the series.
>>
>>13481635
Yeah, I watched it. I think my favorite sequence was the big fight between the two armies.

That Custer's charge was awesome
>>
>>13481604
Does that fact it is cut up effect the pacing at all?
>>
>>13481667
I can't compare it to the movies, but the pacing didn't have any glaring issues to my recollection
>>
>>13481635
>author had a meltdown
That makes me sad. The series was exceptionally good in both concept and lore.
>>
>>13481576
>I told her that Shin Sekai Yori (which aired at the same time) had a better use of a dystopian setting and that its writing, even though not groundbreaking, was better in every level that PP.
I remember that series and I hated the hell out of the anime for some reason and I don't think it was just the character designs. Which is weird since I liked the manga adaptation (yes I liked the manga designs fuck the haters) and the original novel as well.

>>13481555
>funnily enough S2 had the exact same problems as S1 yet somehow that gets the slack since it doesn't have the Butcher defense on it.
I actually don't think that was the issue with S2...

Try the general 'mystery/plot' being not so much creepy as plain non-sensical the 'violence' being fucking hillarious. I legitimately was laughing my sides off at the prosthetic old man one sidedly beating up a trained inspector, actually the point I dropped the series. The twist with the antagonists was just....you do not write a character around the story instead of the other way round, everything felt so wrong.

I mean PP was silly enough but PP2 was just...wow.
>>
>>13481713
>I remember that series and I hated the hell out of the anime for some reason and I don't think it was just the character designs.

Well, the pacing at the beginning was "too slow" for some people. What hooked me was the creepy atmosphere. The anime is good, even though it doesn't really does justice to the original novel.
>>
>>13481713
>you do not write a character around the story
You do when you ultimately don't have creative control of that story.
>>
>>13481587
>>13481576
Holy fuck it's you anon again, I remember this discussion from the earlier threads. >>13481579 just made this far more fucking funny then this should be.
>>
>>13481727
It is pretty funny for me too. At the time I was so blind that I didn't care, but now I just laugh at her idiocy.
>>
>>13481706
Is that what happened? I remember the series having a huge hiatus and the author disappearing for some time. I assume it was mostly just a writer's block because the story did seem to slow down after that whole arc.

There really isn't much information about what happened from what I can see.
>>
>>13481734
>but now I just laugh at her idiocy.
And that is how good entertaining ex stories begin.
>>
>>13479677
Maybe he's all gold, like Narain/Soushi's hands, but he's a cute boy still.
>>
>>13481555
My favorite PP2 criticism is 'it's too edgy!!" Meanwhile, the cyborg guy who hunted humans with his robodog or the dead bodies sculptures aren't edgy at all.
>>
>>13481753
>aren't edgy at all.
True, it's Patrician™ ;)

Seriously, having to sit through a dull uninspired pastiche of "A Most Dangerous Game" was fucking terrible.
>>
File: 4661915i.jpg (64KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
4661915i.jpg
64KB, 450x600px
>>13480334
Mimika

>Are they still alive?
Yes

Yes
>>
>>13481251
>EDGEWORKS
>>
>>13480334
Multiple answers, because I'm a faggot.

Ryou, Yumi and Seri

>Are they still alive?
No, No, Yes

She's so dead that's not even funny.
>>
File: 1390370361221.jpg (164KB, 695x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1390370361221.jpg
164KB, 695x1000px
>>13481425
B-but Logos is good
>>
>>13481806
It's okay, not good. It's only good if you compare it to the trainwreck that was Evol.
>>
>>13481628
Ironic how liberals swing back around and get offended by gay shit.
>>
File: EDGE WORKS.png (3MB, 1424x1068px) Image search: [Google]
EDGE WORKS.png
3MB, 1424x1068px
>>13481791
Jump off a cliff. Seri won't die.
>>13481782
>Jesus Christ Anon, why would you watch something so EDGY?
>>
>>13481555
>Also yes but Tatsunoko is a apart of IG
Speaking of Tatsunoko you'd think the studio that nearly every animation studio in the industry spawned from would be....better?

I remember reading about how figuratively speaking every single animation studio in business has their roots somehow derived from Tatsunoko in some form. You'd just think a studio with that kind of history would just be a little better. I think only series I can think of which turned out decent was the Yozakura Quartet remake.
>>
>>13481829
Can you give me some of that hope of yours? I think I've caught some of Soushi's doom and gloom syndrome.
>>
>>13481425
>Said other writer went on to write the shitastic Aquarion Logos, Persona 3/4 anime adaptations, Valvrave, Galilei Donna and Hamatora.

Kumagai?

Valvrave?

Laying out a shitty resume is one thing but that's disingenuous considering he only wrote 6 of 24 episodes.

But hey people shat on Okouchi as if he wrote the totality of Guilty Crown so whatever, always credit people you don't like with shows you hate I guess?
>>
File: 1406059307695.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1406059307695.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>13481773
I don't remember Mimika being this lewd.
>>
>>13481915
I bet you also don't remember that Mimika have abs of steel and a brother complex either.
>>
>>13481812
>trainwreck
Evol was a floundering.
There was barely any momentum during the whole run.
Frankly, I think Evol is one of the prettier shows of the decade, outside of Satelite's CG, which actually wasn't terrible either, and not just by Satelite standards. OP1 and ED2 were shit, but the world was interesting, the score was nice, and I honestly think it did a better version of Aquarion than Aquarion. That being said, I fucking hate Sousei. Reika, who not-so-coincidentally is voiced by Sanae Kobayashi, and the segments in Atlantis cause of that fantastic atmosphere were the only worthwhile parts. How do you fuck up a Sword and Sorcery tale with mechs and timeless romance that badly? I mean Kawamori came up with the concept behind Escaflowne.
That said, I doubt I would've like Evol as much if I hadn't had the backstory of Sousei.
Zess shoulda won.
>>13481852
Well, she pretty much can't be killed except by anything short of Fenrir. Even Nukes won't work completely on Fafners anymore according to Episode 1.
Orihime's remarks about her being able to recover her symptoms by getting away from he island (and by that I inferred its Mir), suggest that Seri will have to leave paradise, but at least she'll live. It'll be sad, but she won't die.

Only pilots I really think are "at-risk" are
Rina, Billy, Kazuki*, Reo, and Walter
*Death precedes immortality.

I know Soushi's first line says "[he'll] no longer be in this world", but based on his discussion with Orihime before he departs and some other dialog throughout the series, I think he's gonna go to Festum land to teach the Festum some more until he movie where he comes back
>>
>>13481949
>I think he's gonna go to Festum land to teach the Festum some more until he movie where he comes back

Again?
>>
>>13481943
That's the first time I've heard of that.

You lying to me, anon? That's not very nice.
>>
>>13481966
Check her VAwork
>>
>>13481956
>Again
Why not?
>Koyo
>Again
>Tsubaki
>Again
>Sky-kun
>Again
>Kazuki getting swallowed by Nicht
>Again
>>
Someone tell me how the Festum blackhole dying explosion thing works. Sometimes the Fafners are fine even if they are inside it but sometimes they get fucked up.
>>
>>13481949
>and I honestly think it did a better version of Aquarion than Aquarion
This doesn't make much sense at all.
>>
>>13482004
Depends on the strength.
Worm Sphere damage is based on who is making it.

Fafner's block said damage using the Cores in the units which is why we have people in giant robots rather than tanks and jets doing all the ground work because getting a Core to keep a Worm Sphere from destroying you requires weird shit.

As long as the units Core is strong enough, it'll protect from Worm Sphere damage. Not all Worm Spheres are equal.
>>
>>13481713
>The revelation that the world being governed by brains in the jar n S1 isn't stupid

>Somehow Kamui having 8 brains is the stupidest fucking thing ever and Tow should be hanged
>>
>>13482004
Depends on if the Fafner Core can tank it or not.
Also, as they've progressed thanks to research and data from Mjolnir, the Fafner armor can withstand Worm Sphere denigration on its own without needing to rely as much on the Core. The Cores are little bits of Festumish-ness that they mined from Mir originally. They were originally pretty rare, but by Exodus at least, the NUN has a way to get them reliably, probably mined from leftovers of Polaris at the North Pole.
And the Island Mir can now create them at will apparently.

I mean if you look at the original Mk. Elf it was completely decimated by the Worm Sphere, but now the Fafners are tough as nails.

It helps if you think of Fafners as essentially man made Festum, that can conceivably be as powerful as the strongest of Festum. Which they kinda are actually.
The problem is if you want the Fafner to hit those levels of power, you're gonna get assimilated by the Festum battery powering the Fafner. Soushi and Kazuki have even more Festumness inside of them than their counterparts so they can pilot Sein and Nicht without much risk. Koyo can crank up his Mk. Vier because well, he is the Festum battery powering it, and being a Festum means he has no risk of assimilation. Hence why he was able to dish out so much pain on Walker's hand with just an early version of the Nothung model and a dinky Gundrake.
>>
File: Tron.webm (3MB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
Tron.webm
3MB, 720x406px
>>13482023
>Not all Worm Spheres are equal.
True.
>>
>>13482196
>Worm sphere?
>Omoshiroi!
>But not good enough!
>>
>>13482196
i like edgy soushi when hes in nicht
>>
>>13482252
So for Soushi, EDGE...WORKS?

It's fucking awesome.
>>
>>13482196
What hapens if they make chuuni Soushi wear the Gobain helmet in Nicht?
>>
>>13482480
"From the depths of darkness the fallen hero rises. The mighty mechanical Samurai has been Reborn! G-O-U-B-A-I-N KAGE KENZAN! FEEL THE PAIN OF MY CHOU GOU SPARK!"
>>
>>13482480
Mimika will die.
>>
File: Kenji.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kenji.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
FOLLOW MEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 3e1a6c8e.jpg (38KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
3e1a6c8e.jpg
38KB, 854x480px
>>13482498
No ;_;
>>
>>13482548
Yes she will.
Reo has no character on his own, so she'll have to die for him to develop.
>>
>>13482498
She's a big girl.
>>
>>13482692
Fuck that, kill the wanna-be samurai instead.
>>
>>13482692
No way. Hiro's watching over her.
>>
>>13482744
Kill the fleshie Samurai, or kill the mechanical Samurai?

I agree.

I just hope Reo gets some retarded folded up to 1,000x part Festum blade to wield on his final stand.
>>13482757
Yeah, she was the only Goubain smart enough to put a protective charm in her helmet.
>>
>>13482757
Two Funf pilots have already died in Exodus, there's no need for a third.
>>
I want both Reo and Mimika to survive.

I want them to give birth to the ultimate mechanical Samurai.

I also want Sui to survive and get with Rina.

What I'm saying is just chop off all the fat that doesn't have anyone to fuck anymore.

They need to survive long enough to give us more pilots for the next generation.

Sorry Akira and Seri.
>>
File: B_LiE9FUwAASfEL.jpg (25KB, 599x338px) Image search: [Google]
B_LiE9FUwAASfEL.jpg
25KB, 599x338px
I just don't want anything bad to happen to her. I want to protect her smile.
>>
>>13482783
>Seri
Except Soushi.
He doesn't run the risk of getting assimilated by her.

Also, they have good chemistry in the few scenes they appear in together.
>>
File: A smile I want to protect.jpg (48KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
A smile I want to protect.jpg
48KB, 400x225px
>>
>>13482791
What is the a Goubain for Grendels?
>>
>>13482783
But Seri has Orihime to fuck.
>>
>people honestly thinking a Goubine will survive
>>
>>13482783
Rina will die trying to save Kenji, it has been basically broadcasted the last few eps
>>
>>13480334
It's Maya. She's still alive. She'll probably make it, gotta live with all the sins.
>>
With Canon dead there's no one in the current generation to take over Fafner development.

Kenji and Soushi are fighting over the head of Command and Doctor positions.
Maya has Mizoguchi's position in the bag.
And the thought of Sakura in charge of building Fafners makes me laugh.
Is that department really going to default back to whatever members of the Nishio family survives?
Is the future really going to be based on family that invented the Zero and now has medicine and accelerators that can nullify the Zero's biggest weaknesses?
Because that's a future I'd love to be in.
>>
>beach episode where mimika goes fishing with her shields when?
>>
>>13482833
I'll tell you a secret, the Fafner program is going to end in this generation since the war will end once and for all at the end of this story.
>>
File: Hester.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Hester.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>13482852
>Based Hester will outlive the finale of fafner
>>
Has the Mark Funf always been purple?
>>
>>13482867
Yeah, it was a little darker in DA. Closer to violet maybe.
The Acht was also more of a forest green than it is now.
Drei stayed mostly the same.
Sieben was a little more purple than magenta in DA too.
>>
File: 094.jpg (155KB, 532x532px) Image search: [Google]
094.jpg
155KB, 532x532px
>>13482852
>War will end in this generation
>>
Will Fafner save Christmas... Or destroy it?
>>
>>13482947
Destroy.

>ALVIS will return in Finale of Fafner, 2020

I don't wanna wait til 2020 for more Fafner content.
It'd be pretty hilarious if they did make FoF
>>
>>13482947
Soon we will learn.
>>
>>13482863
>Muh Triple Plan
>Created a wasteland that's too dangerous for humans to enter
>Festum can enter and leave without consequence
>>
File: ;_;.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
;_;.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>13483005
Heard u was talkin shit

Can someone post the big game hunter edit?
>>
>>13483015
It still hurts anon, ;_;.
>>
Which one of you fuckers falsified Tomi's data.
>>
>>13482947
When has anime ever not ruined christmas?

Ruining christmas is a time honored tradition.
>>
File: 1446383474768.jpg (115KB, 632x541px) Image search: [Google]
1446383474768.jpg
115KB, 632x541px
>>13483015
>>
File: Hiroto.jpg (99KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hiroto.jpg
99KB, 960x720px
>>13483028
He got to see the outside world. It was a bleak place that killed him just when he was filled with the most hope.
>>
>>13483109
>killed
He's alive!
>>
>>13483109
I'm still mad he didn't go out fighting.
Woulda been nice to see him hold an Azazel's foot up long enough for the people it was gonna curb stomp to escape before getting crushed himself, but no.
Mamoru at least kinda got to commit hara kiri. Kazuki was a good second.
>>
File: Zehn Cool, Zehn Cool.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Zehn Cool, Zehn Cool.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
>>13483139
>>
File: funf protector.jpg (235KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
funf protector.jpg
235KB, 1280x1440px
>>13483140
He already had his "I'm going to protect" moment.
>>
>>13483182
So has Mimika.
Clock's tickin'
>>
>>13483190
When was hers?
>>
>>13483195
Episode 13.
>>
>>13482965
If it has a pretty name like Sayonara no Tsubasa, yeah.
>>
>>13483336
I'm just glad we've had pretty short and concise titles so far. Even if "Dead Aggressor" is always present and inexplicable as ever, makes it easier than most anime.

Going by the usual rules with movies we'd get "Fafner in the Azure: Dead Aggressor: Exodus?! FINAL BLUE OPERATION 0.21: The Hope We Will Soon Learn We Traded For Our Despair That Day." or something.
>>
>>13483406
What if Fafner was a 70's robot anime with 3 names?

>Soukyou Senshi Fafner!
>>
>>13483134
>>13483109
Fuck
>>
>>13483134
Post the broadcasting room
>>
>>13483201
Not really the same.
>>
>>13483469
>>13483518
That whole ending sequence was pretty fucking sad. The broadcasting room, the sign in the classroom, the classroom window that had him in Seri in OP2 >>13483028, outside the restaurant where he made his promise to Seri, and then his home as the lights shut off.
>>
>>13483560
Don't forget this in the first OP.

Despite being so tsun about not accompanying him on his TV programs, she still does anyway.

Absolute tragedy, ;_;.

;_;
>>
File: Mysterious Giant Creature.png (1MB, 962x540px) Image search: [Google]
Mysterious Giant Creature.png
1MB, 962x540px
>>13483842
He even cast her as the object of his pursuits...

:3
>>
Confirmed pilot deaths: Rina, Mimika and either Kenji or Sakura, one or the other but not both
>>
>>13483863
So Hiroto was a Tokufag and an idolshitter.
Why do we care about his death again?
>>
>>13483900
Wow wow, get a load of this guy who hates toku and idols.
>>
>>13483921
I'm just messin, I actually posted this >>13483863
>>
>>13483889
I can only see Sakura dying if they do a long timeskip to after she gets pregnant and gives birth. Otherwise, it'll be Kenji.

Of course, I'd prefer if they both survive and raise their son, who they name Mamoru.
>>
>>13483889
>Mimika
Make that Reo.
>Kenji or Sakura
They actually got married, they'll be ok.
Add Billy to that mix and I think we got it.
>>
>>13483951
That's the beauty of the whole set up actually
Billy will keep piling up deathflags, but each time you think he's about to die someone else will. Rinse and repeat until the end when everyone else is dead but he is alive and well.
>>
I hope Emery lives.
>>
>>13483972
She's spookycute.
>>13483957
When did he learn the Mizoguchi-jutsu?

If not dead I think he'll get brain damage.

Fuck. I really, really like the NUN kids.
>>
>>13483978
It's pretty clear that Mitsuhiro will, at one point, attempt to pilot one of the Salvatore models to try and help, but instead he'll fuck up and get assimilated by them.

Hopefully he doesn't become evil or anything, since I sort of like the dude.
>>
>>13483999
I've got a thought that the Thrones and possibly Dominions models might actually be a little more than just cheap Salvator no e knock offs.

I mean Michio conceivably should've been able to pilot Sein, at least pre Festummelted.
What if the Thrones just have tons of "limiters" on them, and they need to be taken off? Ai has the only Throne model we've seen with Perseus, but I imagine Johnathan could pilot it just fine.

That could be the Sandalphon in the new OP perhaps if he's successful? The guy did exorcise himself, and given his latent Esperanto ability (Narain says everyone in Perseus has at least the potential), he might actually be able to pull it off.
It might kill him, but who knows.

Jap wiki says the Thrones are successors to the Megatherion line actually, and Dominions are successors to the Salvator line, but visually that seems inaccurate.
>>
>>13483999
I think it would be Dustin who sneaks in to sabotage the Salvatores.
>>
>>13483163
>>13484029
are there any decent pictures of the NUN fafners anywhere?
>>
Finished DA.
You guys weren't lying when you said it starts slow, but when it gets good, it gets GOOD.
How many years before DA is RoL? 2-3?
Also, some questions:
1. What exactly was the Neo U.N. planning to achieve by destroying the Tatsumiya Island? Stop the supposed leak of information through the island, I assume?
2. What even was the shoulder-cannon Fafner from the OP? I don't believe this is Mark Nicht.
3. Were the human garbage who were supposed to be Kasugai's parents the ones who desecrated Shoko's grave?
4. What substantial differences are there between the Nothung models and Neo UN's Fafners? First of all, compatibility with the Siegfried system, obviously, what else?
5. What exactly was that island they found with another core? A similar project to Tatsujima?
6. How many of the questions I just asked can be answered by just watching further?
>>
>>13484500
>2. What even was the shoulder-cannon Fafner from the OP? I don't believe this is Mark Nicht.
That's the Medusa. Mark Vier and Acht use those.
>3. Were the human garbage who were supposed to be Kasugai's parents the ones who desecrated Shoko's grave?
No, that was Soushi who didn't want the other kids to think that suicide is a viable tactic.
>4. What substantial differences are there between the Nothung models and Neo UN's Fafners? First of all, compatibility with the Siegfried system, obviously, what else?
The Nothung models allow human-like movement. Also armor that allows to tank worm spheres.
>>
>>13484500
1. Basically being incompetent dicks who want to kill anything associated with anything Festum even the benevolent ones.
2. That's Mark Vier with a Medusa canon
3. It was Soushi. He made a cold, calculated move to motivate the other pilots to avoid sacrificing themselves since Tasumiya couldn't afford that. He didn't do it to be a dick and he feels just as guilty for letting Shoko die.
4. Nothung are powered by Festum Cores. This makes them more resistant to Festum attacks such their assimilation, worm spheres and mind reading. The drawback of course is they are being assimilated slowly by the Fafner. That's why only young kids pilot, the older people retire before it gets worse. Sakura being a good example of piloting it too long.
>>
>>13484500
>5. What exactly was that island they found with another core? A similar project to Tatsujima?

Other countries did their own "Arcadian Projects" but we only saw that one, that failed miserably.
>>
>>13484500
>1. What exactly was the Neo U.N. planning to achieve by destroying the Tatsumiya Island? Stop the supposed leak of information through the island, I assume?
Yes
>2. What even was the shoulder-cannon Fafner from the OP? I don't believe this is Mark Nicht.
That's Kenji's Fafner, Kenji and Kouyou have those cannons.
>3. Were the human garbage who were supposed to be Kasugai's parents the ones who desecrated Shoko's grave?
It was Soushi who did that and spread the rumours Rina mentioned.

>4. What substantial differences are there between the Nothung models and Neo UN's Fafners? First of all, compatibility with the Siegfried system, obviously, what else?
Nothung models are just better.

>5. What exactly was that island they found with another core? A similar project to Tatsujima?
The Arcadian Project was carried out by multiple countries which all built their own arks.

>6. How many of the questions I just asked can be answered by just watching further?
None actually, those are stuff you missed and side material things.
>>
>>13484500
>How many years before DA is RoL? 2-3?
About a year, with some time passing during it too.

>What exactly was the Neo U.N. planning to achieve by destroying the Tatsumiya Island? Stop the supposed leak of information through the island, I assume?
As the show mentions here and there there's a lot of bad blood between the NUN and Tatsumiya in the first place. And they won't share muh Nothung Model, so the NUN decides anyone who isn't with them is against them.

>What exactly was that island they found with another core? A similar project to Tatsujima?
Supposedly several nations tried to instigate their own copycat Arcadian Projects, this was one of them. At some point it presumably got overrun by Festum, leading to the state we saw it in.

>6. How many of the questions I just asked can be answered by just watching further?
On this note, you might need to have Mir properly explained if you haven't already. It's the one thing the show never quite bothers to explain as much as it could.
>>
>it was Soushi
How did I miss that. Fucking hell.
>>
>>13484578
Nobody who watched the show would've known it. It's mentioned only in the audio drama.
>>
>>13484578
Side materials only.
>>
>>13484585
>>13484587
Well, now I don't feel as embarassed.
Also, about Mir.
I understood it as an extremely powerful form of Festum that serves as a form of a hivemind/beacon that unites the minds of Festum and allows them to come into being (unbeing?)
But then again the Tatsumiya island is surrounded by a Mir of its own and none of the aforementioned applies to it so I'd appreciate it if someone gave me a proper definition.
>>
>>13484613
You're closer than you might think, actually.

They're described as the Festum's "true form", basically the command center and location of the hivemind itself. The actual Festum are basically just extensions of the Mir, with them all being instances of that single consciousness.

But, when a Mir is broken, each fragment of it becomes its own unique, separate, essentially newborn Mir, with its own hivemind and potential to send out Festum as it sees fit. This makes it possible to influence them though, the island's Mir is a fragment of the one that sterilized Japan, which they turned into a central component of the island that works with them instead of trying to assimilate.

Polaris, the North Pole Mir from the end of DA is what was basically the big boss responsible for all the Festum this season, and will continue to affect the series even after being destroyed.
>>
File: smg6.jpg (98KB, 378x485px) Image search: [Google]
smg6.jpg
98KB, 378x485px
FULL ED LEAK WHEN
>>
File: 1447124058209.jpg (48KB, 599x338px) Image search: [Google]
1447124058209.jpg
48KB, 599x338px
>>13482785
>>13482791
>I want to protect her smile.
>>
>>13484613
When Mjolnir and Idun say "we" they mean "the Mir", if that helps.
>>
>>13484693
Delete this.
>>
File: 1447124265325.jpg (39KB, 400x321px) Image search: [Google]
1447124265325.jpg
39KB, 400x321px
>>13484718
>>
>>13482965
>ALVIS
Barbecue?
>>
File: toloveruinteresting.jpg (214KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
toloveruinteresting.jpg
214KB, 704x528px
>>13481540
>>
Guys, is there a mega with the OST somewhere?
>>
>>13485192
There is a nyaa with the OST.
>>
>>13485197
I meant something like a master with links to all the stuff, guess I'll just look up the stuff on AB or Bakabt.
>>
Rewatched RoL today. The suffering is real ;__;
>>
>>13483972
I have to admit, I used to think she was suspicious as fuck, especially since that one scene with the island's core where she talked about happily fighting for a long time. But this scene really turned her around for me.
>>
>>13484457
Check the archive. Someone posted them all with filenames in threads 8 & 9
>>13484565
>None actually, those are stuff you missed and side material things.
Actually, Burns answers (1.) in episode 17. (4.) is also deducible from the series.
And (6.) is answered by Fumihiko.
>That's Kenji's Fafner
Not sure if color blind, but that's Mk. Vier, it just never got to equip them.
>>
>>13485349
>that's Mk. Vier, it just never got to equip them
It did get one in H&E.
>>
>>13485359
More than just one.
>>
>>13484613
>>13484649
Festum and Mir are distinct things. They're symbiotic though to the point that it may as well not even matter.
That symbiosis is *spoilers* in case the newfag is still here even closer now with the appearance of the Azazel types

Check Fumihiko and Narain's chat in Exodus episode 3 if you want.
I think Hino and Tsubaki talk about it in DA too, and maybe even Kouzo in RoL, don't quote me on the last one though)

>none of the aforementioned applies to it
Actually it does. Look at Tsubaki. She registers as a Festum, but she's also part Mir-part human.
The island isn't warlike so it doesn't spawn Festum in DA, other than Tsubaki.

--Speculation here--I don't think Mir necessarily has to rely on Festum for its symbiosis, I think any sort of sapient, maybe even just sentient entities that have come in contact with, and developed symbiosis with a Mir will work, as indicated by the island and Tsubaki, and also Ashoka. (Although according to Narain, Ashoka still can spawn Festum)

>>13484717
>When Mjolnir and Idun say "we" they mean "the Mir", if that helps.
Sorta. Festum are capable of individual expression, it's just super rare. When they say we they are speaking about the Festum who have sorta congregated around ideas. While Mir ultimately would get the final say, it actually *spoilers* for the newfag will listen and to its constituency as shown in the movie

For a similar popular contemporary example, consider Mass Effect's Geth and their "Consensus"
>>
>>13485481
>*spoilers*

Stop that shit faggot.

Just spoiler your stuff.

It makes you look a faggot who censors his curses
>>
File: Yummy Yumi.webm (812KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Yummy Yumi.webm
812KB, 600x450px
>>13485272
So
Official pilot rack rating
>Yumi Ikuma
>Soushi's DFC
>Ayy
>Canon
>Rina
>Seri
>Maya
>Mimika
>Sakura

Yee?
>>
>>13485511
Objectively wrong
>Ayy
>Rina
>Yumi

>everyone else
>>
>>13485511
I've always found it hilarious as fuck that Japanese draw themselves endowed with features they could never possibly have.
>>
>>13485530
>he doesn't know about the J-cup model
>>
File: wEgwmVx.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
wEgwmVx.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>13485530
You will soon learn that the Japanese SOUSHI
>>
>>13484557
>That's why only young kids pilot
I thought that was more of a drawback of the Nibelung System technology and the effects of the altered consciousness?

Sakura got mindfucked because being inside a mechanical Festum for any length of time is inherently dangerous since the Festum power source tries to assimilate you.
>It's a monster, it tried to devour Kazuki!
>That's what a Fafner does, Canon.
The islanders' genes are optimized to work with Nibelung (which is probably why Michio was the NUN Ace) and they also promote the assimilation phenomenon so they can unite with the Nothung Models without getting immediately sick, like the NUN pilots during the occupation. When Canon shot up with Festum gloop, she also got a performance boost, even though she wasn't in Drei yet.
It also says a lot about how fucking good of a pilot Canon is that she was able to fight on equal footing alongside the Nothung Models, even before she got injected.

At least before Exodus, the Island Fafners are different from NUN Fafners in that they are powered by Festum cores which are hard to get--actually if you remember, the island runs out of Cores for its new Models in Exodus.
For example the Gnossis, Babalon, and Megatherion lines don't have Cores, but they do use Nibelung.

By the time Exodus rolls around there really isn't much of a conceptual difference between the NUN Fafners and Nothung models because the NUNs have found a way to get Cores. Of course the Nothungs are all custom made and min-maxed to high hell, plus their pilots have the ability to interface with them better, so practically, the Nothung is still more effective.
Outside of Maya's stunts, I haven't seen any Nothung (without SDP h4x) do anything I doubt at least one variant of the current batch of NUN models could do. The Raphael could probably even be able to do Maya's stunts as it's shown to be quite nimble.
>>
File: 43907137_p26.png (230KB, 611x712px) Image search: [Google]
43907137_p26.png
230KB, 611x712px
真矢、お誕生日おめでとう
>>
File: Gun-cutout.jpg (3MB, 3779x2135px) Image search: [Google]
Gun-cutout.jpg
3MB, 3779x2135px
>>13485724
I expect this will be a good present for you
>>
>>13485724
I want angry Maya to beat the shit outta me
>>
>>13479663
About the 4th pilot, I think it will be:
1- Canon
2- Kaoru
3- Seri
>>
>>13485741
One of them, I mean
>>
File: 364576964668.png (179KB, 608x521px) Image search: [Google]
364576964668.png
179KB, 608x521px
>>13485724
i hope she cheers up soon
>>
>>13485730
>Maya will NEVER 360 noscope you.
( ._.) ( ;_;)
>>13485741
Kurusu? Not Kaoru, right?
>>
>>13485741
Can Orihime pilot?
Her going Nu Gundam with more funnels would be something.
>>
>>13485765
>Can Orihime pilot?
Conceivably, yes.
I hope not though. That'd be a pretty lame choice honestly.

Also, she doesn't need a Fafner to use the Norns anyways.
>>
>>13485765
She pilots the island.
>>
>>13485741
Consider this: all the pilots in the ED are people who are partially Festum and have a deep connection to them.

So clearly, the 4th will be Narain.
>>
>>13485852
>Narain
Man, I can't wait for him to bust out his secret prototype.
He's friggin awesome.

Narain flashback OVA when?
>>
>>13485852
Koyo isn't partially Festum. He's entirely Festum.
>>
>>13484500
>>13484552
>desecrated Shoko's grave

Wait, what?
>>
>>13485746
She's so unbelievably cute and sad in this pic, I want to give her a gentle hug
>>
>>13486090
The next episode after she goes to Byston Well.
>>
Guys, I have no idea who that guy at the end was.
>>13481806
Can I save this rare Nice-kun?
>>
>>13486152
Did you skip the original series and the movie?
>>
>>13486152
>Guys, I have no idea who that guy at the end was.
Watch the original series maybe?

Kasugai Kouyo
>>
>>13484613
Aren't all of the children on tatsumiya part-festum/part-mir because they get raised in the fake womb chamber, or in Miwa's case she can communicate with cores? Basically Tatsumiya mir is trying to assimilate them while not killing them it seems like.
>>
>>13486180
>>13486187
Yes, I did watch them at the end of the past year, I have bad memory, sorry. It's weird seeing him with normal eyes
>>
>>13484649
Aren't the festum types all mir fragments, since they each have their own core? I see them as computer programs with instructions like, "kill the fafners".
>>
>>13485493
kek
>>
File: 1445051590877.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445051590877.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>13485741
Seri would be hype af

She is already basically a main character with "I WANT TO PROTECT MINASHIRO-CHAN"
>>
>>13486200
rewatch his episodes and the movie, and yes you can save it, it's all yours friend
>>
>>13486229
>Seri wearing Alvis coat
Anon, I'm not sure my dick would handle it
>>
>>13486197
No. They are part Festum though. Although I guess in a sense they are part Mir due to prehistoric gene manipulation.
>>13486202
No, Festum are a separate entity that depend on Mir. Mir likewise need Festum to act as instruments and to grow however. They may as well be the same, but they are specifically separate
>>13485481
This was a good post, despite faggy spoilers.
The Azazel types don't necessarily have the representative Mir cores inside of them, as evidenced by Walker. Roadrunner did have its Polaris Mir fragment inside its chest however. It's a thin line, but it's there.

>>13486229
>>13486243
Haha, why is she so perfect, bros? ;_;
>>
>>13486252
>Haha, why is she so perfect, bros?
Because she's dead. ;_;
>>
>>13486202
Festum Core =/= Mir core =/= Fafner core either

The Festum probably have the little crystals because of deliberate NGE nod. In universe terms, it's probably just implanted in them by the Mir that coaxed them into being as a means of directly interacting with the Festum.
>>
>>13486269
I always assumed that "Festum" was just the name humans gave to those "things" that the Mir use to gather information. It would explain why the Festum just materialize out out nowhere.
>>
>>13486285
Yep. Spot on.
It means festival or celebration in Latin.
What were they thinking.
>>
>>13486295
Maybe they thought that the Festum were benevolent at the beginning. Alien contact for the first time would be a thing to celebrate even on the real world. Or, alternatively, someone at the UN had a really twisted sense of humor.
>>
>>13486305
>someone at the UN had a really twisted sense of humor.
Likely.
>>
>>13486305
>studying microscopic festum
>"haha, look at them raping the poor bacteria, it's like a festum in there, it sure would suck if they were bigger than this"
>>
>>13486305
>Festum means festival or celebration

That seems close to blessing
>>
File: UNLIMITED POWER.png (1MB, 714x534px) Image search: [Google]
UNLIMITED POWER.png
1MB, 714x534px
>>13486394
I wonder...
>>
>>13485746
Why does Maya look so dopey in exodus?
>>
>>13486496
Because she killed people.
>>
File: zoooop.webm (126KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
zoooop.webm
126KB, 720x404px
>>13486496
>>13486499
She looked that way earlier in the season.
There's a scene at Rakuen where she looks like she has downs
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>13486508
>not always derpy
>>
>>13486521
She looked really cute in the scene before Kazuki fucks off with Yukie
>>
>>13486508
oh god, the way she keeps looking at that gun
i really hope shes not planning on using it on her self
>>
Even if she was practically a no-name background character, why was Olga's death so emotionally well done?
>>
>>13487090
They made us care about her a little, then they made her death being horrible to someone in the main cast. It was a really well crafted punch in the gut. Bravo Tow.
>>
>>13487090
Because you believed she was safe.
>>
>>13487090
Oлeнькa ;_;
>>
If the enemy Mir is water-based, why don't they just freeze it?
>>
>>13487114
Cause Festum don't have ice tastic SDP

Oh, we keep forgetting to mention the Flamethrower SDP.

Akira with Fire breath when?
>>
>>13487114
Because Mir aren't one trick ponies like The Watery was. If you freeze it, it probably would just change its shape to something that can't be frozen.
>>
>>13487114
DUDE JUST FREEZE THE ENTIRE PACIFIC OCEAN LMAO
>>
>>13487114
Now Anonymous, that's something for a Super Robot Wars.that has both Fafner and King Gainer in it.

I'm sure Festum wouldn't take kindly to any members of the Overdevil family.

King Gainer and Overdevil's Overfreeze and Brunhilde hogging in on their gimmick
>>
>>13487090
By herself, Olga was fairly insignificant. Most people probably didn't know her name, or the names of the rest of the Human Army survivors. But they do know that that group of characters exist, the ones who were taken in by the island along with Canon.

So her entire speech about being grateful and thankful to the island is representative of that entire group.
>>
>>13485481
>Festum and Mir are distinct things. They're symbiotic though to the point that it may as well not even matter.

Doesn't that FAQ that floats around once in a while describe Mir as "higher dimensional Festum"? For whatever that really means.

No doubt there's a complex relationship there that's hard to pin down, but considering things like Kurusu's finger analogy, I don't think Festum could have developed independently, at least. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but the way I see it Festum are just an extension of the Mir, obviously capable of gaining some independence in rare cases, but for the most part just act as the physical envoys of a given Mir, which seem to have very limited movement capability on its own.

Until the Azazel-types come along and fuck everything up.
>>
>>13487173
>Now Anonymous, that's something for a Super Robot Wars.that has both Fafner and King Gainer in it.

You mean SRW K?
>>
File: zentradi_essay_part_2.png (104KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
zentradi_essay_part_2.png
104KB, 500x366px
>>13487197
>inb4 festum are old humans
>>
>>13487209
Or each type represents a race the Mir has successfully assimilated, which would be terrifying.
>>
>>13487206
I mean a future one.
Since Fafner has been making itself more and more compatible with King Gainer as SRW fodder

I mean Gain, Gainer, Adette, Sara, Gauli and Cythnia would all be a boon to the Exodus group and "Exodus" is King Gainer's big shtick.
>>
>>13487216
I'd be interested if they touch on the idea of friendly mir, like cores and esperanto, being a part of their strategy to assimilate. Cause if you want to assimilate a whole race it makes sense to put a nice face on that too.
>>
>>13487232
Mizoguchi and Yazan being bros.
>>
>>13487255
If they were both in a multiple game SRW you could have Yassaba show up during the big fight of Season 1 defending the town with Rush Rod after he completed his Exodus

>Yassaba saying that Roadrunner's flames might be hot but his Rush Rod won't lose
>>
>>13487232
I can't wait for Exodus to be in SRW, if only for the chance to save Canon.

I wonder what kind of various crossover scenarios of they are making now for bringing her back.
>>
File: 53487384_p0.png (2MB, 1168x1751px) Image search: [Google]
53487384_p0.png
2MB, 1168x1751px
Fucking cool.
>>
>>13487349
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like Canon's death was so well done I wouldn't want it undone, at least not in Exodus' first appearance in an SRW.
>>
>>13487349
How extensive are the SRW scenarios for DA? Can you save everyone?
>>
File: 012.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
012.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>13487377
Hey man, it'll be a secret. You can leave her dead or not.

>>13487383
In both games Fafner has been in, you've been able to save EVERY pilot if you met the requirements.

In UX Shoko even got to yell at a God.
>>
>>13487383
In K, it's a bit obtuse on how to save the Fafner cast, since you have to save them one by one.

In UX, if you make the right choice at the beginning that leads to saving Shoko, everyone but Koyo lives, since Koyo's death is vital to HaE
>>
>>13487394
I hope they can somehow squeeze in all 3 shows, and allow us to save everyone.
>>
>>13487408
Nah, it would get too cramped.

I think Fafner's basically a shoe in for the next Multi part SRW.

Even if putting DaE and HE in the same game ended up being hilarious foreshadowing for Miwa's character
>>
>>13487375
That's really nice actually.
>>
>>13487394
In K, if you meet the conditions some of the "deaths" are more ambiguous. Mamoru ejection pod for instance wasn't found instead of finding it mangled like in the series. They eventually turn up when Captain Kaiji (from GunxSword) found Shoko, Mamoru and Michio at sea and rescued them. Koyo just kind of just turns up though since he's already a Festum. Captain Kaiji WAS a DEM rescuer on GxS, I personally found it brilliant.
>>
>>13487437
GunXSword was one of the things K got right.
I need more Vann yelling at Festum in my life.
>>
>>13487418
Then I hope they keep DA around to bring back the other characters in the later installments.
>>
>>13487394
In UX, This is how it ended up if you saved everyone.

Shouko = She ends up in Byston Well fighting the Hojo's Army as a Holy Warrior
Michio = He comes back during the Festum's final battle of the 1st season.
Mamoru = He survived getting shot at by Hazard (I think). But i purposely let Mamoru die because the story is better that way and more tragic.
Kurusu = After the HaE event, he somehow came back during the Frontier Penultimate/Tobikage finale.
>>
>>13487572
>Mamoru = He survived getting shot at by Hazard (I think). But i purposely let Mamoru die because the story is better that way and more tragic.
wow fuck you too dude
>>
>>13487575
But it really is. Mamoru's death is different than the show and it's pretty awesome.

>Hazard ask to be protected
>He carries a Nuclear Missile on his ship
>If his ship is destroyed, the whole island is wiped out
>Sakomizu wants to kill Hazard
>Mamoru stops Sakomizu
>Sakomizu says why a mere child defending him
>Sakomizu claims that Hazard uses a child for his evil scheme and calls him a vermin
>Mamoru insists on stopping Sakomizu
>Hazards fires a volley of missiles towards Sakomizu and Mamoru
>Mamoru dies, Sakomizu survives
>Sakomizu becomes angrier and angrier. Sets a plot for Wings of Rean/2nd Arc finale.
>>
So the single containing both the OP and ED should've released today. Anybody seen any uploads for the ED?
>>
Does anyone think Kazuki will be crazy enough to demand an Accelerator be installed in Mark Sein? I want to know what would happen.
>>
>>13487829
I've been seriously wondering if the topic of using Einherjar technology in the Salvators will come up.

What I'm assuming is the two would just refuse/assimilate any attempt, obviously, but it's an idea worth mentioning in-universe.
>>
>>13487859
They weren't shown with ones so no.
The Sein and Nicht are touchy about stuff like that
>>
>>13487867
They'll probably do something stupid, like assimilate them or something.
>>
>>13487781
Nope, not yet. It is on Japanese iTunes if anyone wants to get it there and share it.
>>
>>13487900
I would but I'm having issues with my debit card.
>>
>>13487894
EXISTENCE OF NOTHINGNESS GATTAI!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>13487859
Sein and Nicht have that really bad habit of assimilating everything not named Kazuki or Soushi. They could try, but those two machines would surely just eat up the "Accelerator."
>>
could not wait for a flac version so here:

https://mega.nz/#!ElckDTpQ!zWY4qu0kXjknWzv7sCFiYm_C38dNr8Og-N8nGXrhffE
>>
>>13488049
Based.
>>
>>13488049
Awesome! Thanks anon
>>
>>13488049
>full Dead or Alive
>>
>>13488091
AND GO
>>
So now that the dust has settled, I think we can all have an opinion on the official Angela Fafner in-Show Songs rankings
Here's mine:
>Zero Fafner Tier
Shangri-La (2015)
>Salvator Model Tier
Shangri-La
Horizon
Soukyuu
Sayonara no Toki Kurai Hohende
>Einherjar Model Tier
Sono Toki, Soukyuu e
Peace of Mind
Exist (Insert)
Dead Or Alive
Separation
To Love
>Nothung Model Tier
Exist
Dark Night Route
Proof
>Titan TSX Model Tier
Hatenkai Monologue

Prove me wrong
Protip: You can't! It's just an opinion

Also
>Driezehn not winning the poll unanimously.
smhtbqfhyrnf
>>
>>13488213
>Shangri-La (2015)

What the fuck you talking about?
>>
>>13488227
Shhh, let him dream for now.
>>
>>13488227
Mirai e no kibou
Or we riot
>>
>>13488213
I know Separation is Einherjar tier, But Separation [pf] is Zero Fafner Tier
>>
>>13488238
I wasn't sure whether to include or not
I __agree
>>
Is Kazuki a Jedi?
>>
File: 53492147_p0.jpg (628KB, 1400x1150px) Image search: [Google]
53492147_p0.jpg
628KB, 1400x1150px
Happy Birthday, Maya
>>
>>13488213
I'd need to wait until I hear the full version of To Love, but I would place Peace of Mind higher.
>>
Watched Right of Left.
This was suffering. Wow.
It also retroactively made Kuramae's sudden death in ep1 of DA more tragic.
You know, before I thought the closest mecha show to YuYuYu was Zegapain, but now I can clearly see that Fafner is extremely close to YuYuYu, except no understanding yet.
>>
>>13488686
>liking that pile of garbage
>>
>>13488704
>liking Hiraishit
Look, ma! I can play too
>>13488686
>Fafner
>no UNDERSTANDING
Did we watch the same show?
The movie is understanding as hell.
>>
>>13488713
No, YuYuYu doesn't have any understanding (yet)
>>
>>13488686
The drama fell flat for me. The girl looking like the guy from spongebob with glass bones and paper skin was the last straw for me taking it seriously.
>>
File: BpitYBBCMAAYx-8.jpg (31KB, 598x309px) Image search: [Google]
BpitYBBCMAAYx-8.jpg
31KB, 598x309px
>>13485493
>>13485493
>>13485493
>>13485493
>>13485493
>>
So just going back to our discussion on Tow Ubukata from the other thread. I watched all of Arise.
It was really good. Stories 1, 2, and 5 were very well done. The Movie was actually really enjoyable too, but I don't think it was as good as the first and second investigations. It was nice too because it felt like it worked as its own movie unlike so many series capstones.
Also did anyone else think Bluetoko sounded like Mary McGlynn speaking Japanese. I did, and I liked it
Amusingly enough, her VA played the young Motoko in the original GitS film.

It wasn't as comfy as S.A.C., but I think in terms of the little time available, it did a lot of good with its economy.

I hope they make more with Tow writing.
>>
>>13488049
I love you anon
>>
>>13487572
>Mamoru = He survived getting shot at by Hazard (I think).
He gets saved but I don't recall specifically who does it maybe Sakomizu? Or he was the one who caused him to get nuked in the first place, don't quite recall.
>>
>>13487781
OP is up on spotify if you use that
>>
>>13488213
Good list, except that Hatenaki Monologue should be in Einherjar tier at least, and Proof belongs in Salvator tier.
>>
>>13488213
Where the fuck is Dead Set
>>
>full version of Dear or Alive
>chorus
>FOLLOW ME FOLLOW YOU
>mfw
>>
>>13489313
>full version
wait what
>>
>>13489320
>>13488049
Enjoy.
>>
>>13489320

>>13487781

It's also on sale on iTunes for $2.50 on the Japanese store.
>>
>>13489313
>>13489356
>people will throw fits about comparisons of DA to Eva and at the suggestions that the first half isn't painfully boring, the animation is bad, or the fights are shit
>they won't pay $2 for a song
>mfw
>>
>>13489359
I don't think anyone was complaining about the idea of buying it.

And not like most of us first watched the series through official means anyway.
>>
Just got through all of Fafner, so sorry if you've discussed this to death but
1. Fuck the Black Ops Human Army team. If they don't suffer a horrible death and/or assimilation I will rage.
2. Edgelord Soushi is the most hilarious character so far.
3. Can anybody give me a timeline of where/how Koyo is from getting awaken to being a fafner to being at the well to being revived again? I'm confused.
4. We need a Remove ROE Alpha edit featuring Maya.
>>
>>13489472
>3. Can anybody give me a timeline of where/how Koyo is from getting awaken to being a fafner to being at the well to being revived again

He got assimilated and was supposed to awake as a Festum, but SHOUKO ISN'T HERE WAHHHHHHHHHHH and he got back his human mind and turned himself into a slave-type Festum.

During Operation Azure he was hanging around the island defending it with Kazuki's mother.

He then disappeared until Azure 2 where he appeared again and just used his Festum powers to turn into a core for his Fafner. His Fafner got wrecked but he teleported away and vanished again.

And now the core reappeared and grew a new Fafner and human body.
>>
>>13489497
I completely forgot about some of those, sorry.
In retrospect, I wish we could have seen more festumom and festumkoyo battle forms, they looked sick.
>>
File: 1445639367849.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445639367849.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>13489472
>Can anybody give me a timeline of where/how Koyo is from getting awaken to being a fafner to being at the well to being revived again? I'm confused.

I don't know about a timeline but,

>Tsubaki wakes him up from the sealing tank in DA 20, tears ensue, he goes back until the time is right
>Toward the end he leaves and we see his Festum transformation, he helps save Kazuki and Soushi
>Shows up as Mark Vier's core in H&E, saves Akira and Sakura, gets BTFO by Kurusu, but the core teleports away at the last second
>Appears from the Well in Exodus to save Sui, materializing Mark Vier and his physical body in the process

So the main point really is that he, in core form, teleported away in Heaven & Earth. A lot of people seem to miss this, he never died at all. So presumably he was waiting in the Well for two years for someone to need saving underwater yet again.
>>
>>13489472
>1. Fuck the Black Ops Human Army team. If they don't suffer a horrible death and/or assimilation I will rage.
It always amuses me when I see people saying this sort of thing. Fafner isn't going to do a complete 180 on one of its central themes just to give the viewers some catharsis. Dustin will probably die (and even then, he's likely to switch sides beforehand), but the whole team? Unlikely.
>4. We need a Remove ROE Alpha edit featuring Maya.
We've had one for a few weeks now.
>>
>>13489512
>But the whole team
Just the 4 named goons is good.

Also Fafner IS pretty good about killing off people who let hatred/selfishness take over.

In all honesty, I'd probably be the most okay with Dustin living despite him being the one who pulled the trigger. BUT FUUUUUUUCK Aloha Festum and MUH NOTHUNG MODEL surviving.
>>
File: REMOVE NUN.jpg (157KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE NUN.jpg
157KB, 600x337px
>>134894724
>>13489512
>We've had one for a few weeks now.

11 days actually.
>>
>>13489792
Neat, thanks!
Maya is only second to Mizoguchi when it comes to operating operationally. Truly a worthy successor.
>>
First
>>
>>13490044
You mean last
>>
>>13490083
You were supposed to reply THANK YOU anon
>>
File: 1442384788282.jpg (274KB, 955x1324px) Image search: [Google]
1442384788282.jpg
274KB, 955x1324px
>>13489497
>and was supposed to awake as a Festum, but SHOUKO ISN'T HERE WAHHHHHHHHHHH and he got back his human mind
So you're saying, being NTR'd protected him from being assimilated?
>>
>>13490258
delete this
>>
File: 53438412_p8.png (376KB, 700x632px) Image search: [Google]
53438412_p8.png
376KB, 700x632px
>>13488049
Thank you based anon!

I preordered a physical copy of the single, but waitingforSAL.gif
>>
Do the fights feel kinda sentai?
>>
>>13490520
Not at all.
>>
>>13490520
The fuck you mean by that?
Because if you mean like a fucking Super Sentai show then you're pretty stupid.
>>
>>13490820
Maybe he means the emphasis on teamwork?

It feels more like a shounen to me
>>
>>13490831
Inb4 JIGEN HAOH
>>
>>13491766
>>13491766
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.