[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does a lot of /m/ shows utilize black hole for their stu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

why does a lot of /m/ shows utilize black hole for their stuffs like it's nothing?

you do know black hole is pretty serious business right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nHBGFKLHZQ
>>
>>13469411
Because
1. Fantasy
2. It's cool
3. Imagination
>>
Because it's cool should get stickied at some point
>>
Black holes sound nice and cosmic and impressive, and generally get across the message of being capable of a lot of destruction pretty well.
>>
>>13469411
Because super robot shows need something that powerful to explain the ridiculous things the super robots do
>>
File: welcome to m enjoy your stay.jpg (99KB, 640x1442px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to m enjoy your stay.jpg
99KB, 640x1442px
>>13469411
>>13469431
this desu
>>
Because Black Holes are cool and mysterious things, so we can bullshit about them to a certain degree since we don't know too much about them
>>
The same reason we use controlled explosions to power our vehicles.

Because we can use them, that's why.
>>
>>13469474
Name five robot shows that use them that aren't gainax
>>
>>13469782
Armageddon
SRW
Turn A
>>
>>13469790
>Armageddon
When
>SRW
Vidya to anime is pretty weak
>Turn A
"real robot"

Less than five
>>
File: smith-lowdown-sunglasses.jpg (50KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
smith-lowdown-sunglasses.jpg
50KB, 625x625px
Nah, they can utilize a black hole because the mech can do it. Its all in the technology.
>>
>because it's cool

come the fuck on /m/
>>
>>13473926
nigga what the fuck were you expecting? That's the answer to 90% of plotholes in /m/.
>>
File: super_science.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
super_science.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
Ahem
>>
>>13473926
i mean the question was fucking garbage in the first place
>use it like its nothing
>YOU KNOW BLACK HOLES ARE ACTUALLY PRETTY SERIOUS RIGHT
yeah no fucking shit
why do people in real life use nuclear power, dont they know its serious???

robots use black holes because they are fucking badass and have lots and lots of power
>>
>>13473969
In this (general) case it's not so much "plotholes" as the fact that giant robot cartoons don't need to work with real-world physics.
>>
>>13469811
>Turn-A
>real robot
Hoo boy
>>
>>13474795
>DUDE REAL AND SUPER ARE BASED ON THE ROBOTS CAPABILITIES NOT THE THEME OF THE SHOW LMAO
>>
>>13469782
>Name five robot shows that use them that aren't gainax

Ideon wields a Black Hole Cannon.

The bad guy in Demon of Steel generates a black hole to try and get rid of the hero.

In Heroic Age, Cerbios fired at black hole at the human fleet.

The Transformers have dealt with Black Holes several times. The episode "The Killing Jar" took Ultra Magnus and friends through a black hole to an anti-matter universe; the Energon replacement super-fuel Nucleon was discovered inside a black hole and retreived from it by Optimus Prime using a special black-colored Powermaster body; and Unicron's destruction created a black hole which threatened to absorb Cybertron and the rest of the universe.

5. In Gaiking Daiku-Maryu, the aliens are invading Earth because their planet is being swallowed by a Black Hole.

6. Turn A is powered by a micro black hole.

7. In Nadesisco episode 11, the "Walking Stick" is a gravity wave railgun which fires micro black holes.

8. Megas XLR's ultimate weapon is a black hole.

Shall I go on?

I dunno why you give a shit about Super vs Real robots, its an arbitrary distinction and you just said "name five robot shows." And by the way, SRW has had two TV series and an OVA series, I'd say it counts.
>>
File: boxart.jpg (12KB, 150x211px) Image search: [Google]
boxart.jpg
12KB, 150x211px
>>13477413
>4.
>The Transformers have dealt with Black Holes several times.

And don't forget that Megatron can link up interdimensionally to a black hole and draw antimatter from it for use as a weapon.
>>
>>13477423

There's a lot more Black Holes that have been used in TF, too...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Black_hole
>>
>>13469411
>you do know black hole is pretty serious business right

Psh yeah, for your primitive earth tech
>>
File: LuffyDOOM.jpg (43KB, 282x134px) Image search: [Google]
LuffyDOOM.jpg
43KB, 282x134px
>>13477413 shut >>13469782 up but good.
>>
>>13478129
Not hard when the post is over 24 hours old. Maybe that anon will post in another few hours
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.