[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the verdict on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 64

File: maxresdefault[2].jpg (473KB, 2401x1513px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[2].jpg
473KB, 2401x1513px
So what's the verdict on this?
>>
no haro no hope
>>
It's an anime in the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise.
>>
It's a Gundam.
>>
>>13469413

Thats next season
>>
>currently airing Gundam
/m/ will hate it regardless of quality. Ask again in 20 years.
>>
>>13469429
>/m/ will hate it regardless of quality
>/m/ will hate everything regardless of quality

Almost right, anyway.
>>
It wants to be western Gundam.
>>
>>13469443
Then why does nearly every character have Japanese names?
>>
They are trying to go for the serious route of 00 and Wing, with the cute and distinctive designs of AGE and trying to keep the story slow and grounded. They're just setting shit up and wll set shit up until episode 12/13. How well they wrap it all up in the second cour will make or break this show.

If they go "oh shit we have all this stuff we set up that has to be resolved" and then resolves some of it half-assed in one second and rushes towards a Gundam fight that makes no fucking sense.... well sasuga Sunrise, but hopefully they don't do that.
>>
>>13469446
>Americans
>White
>>
File: 1441057939500.jpg (348KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1441057939500.jpg
348KB, 750x750px
it doesn't seems trying to set anything big

i mean gundam 00 managed to get interesting in the first minute of the first episode, so many questions scattered everywhere like who or what CB is, what is GN particle and it's hidden purpose, who is this green haired faggot with Allejandro.

yeah in the end it's ayylium, but it's pretty big and out of the ordinary
>>
>>13469405
had to admit.
G-reco has better cast. And the whole Mars Independence setting is not fleshed out.
Hell even G-reco is interesting in its world setting where we got multiple faction has their own plot to acquire photon batteries for themsleves.

And the emotionless soldier pilot a gundam is basically a tard on a giant death machine
>>
>>13469407
It's really good. Great even.

Until there's an episode that isn't good one and shitposters/crossboarders kill all discussion of the show for weeks.
>>
>>13469487
I'm expecting the Mars Independence movement to get fleshed out in the next few episodes.Mika being emotionless is to be expected since he's a traumatized child soldier.Hopefully he gets better.
>>
>>13469500
>>13469407
Not meant as a reply
>>
>>13469487

how about you shut the fuck up about G-Reco to avoid this shitstorm
>>
I enjoy watching the characters interact but I still have no idea what the fuck is going on in the world/setting politically or what the main conflict is (going to be) about granted, I've only watched 3 episodes so far.

Basically, interesting characters but crappy worldbuilding.
>>
Better than trainwrecko, but still has room for improvement.
>>
>>13469487
>the whole Mars Independence setting is not fleshed out.
We're only 1/5 of the way in, why would you even say that yet?
Personally I'm liking it a lot better than the last series so far. Of course we do still have 20 episodes in which they could drop the ball, Reco didn't really go to shit until later. At this point we were all still expecting the build-up to give way to HAPPENING which it never really did. There were several almost-HAPPENING moments, but it never really came.

I wouldn't say Mikazuki is emotionless. He may not be the wildly emoting goofball that Belliri was but just because he's stoic doesn't mean he's emotionless. Not just him getting angry at Garma when he thought Cookie and Cracker were hurt, but rather the way he described the struggle everyone in Tekkadan is going through, how Biscuit's grandmother couldn't make it without his salary, hell even the fact that he was going out there to help with the corn shows he's sympathetic. He just operates operationally like a professional instead of a teenager having a temper tantrum with his Gundam.
>>
>>13469407
/thread
>>
>>13469531
>Reco didn't really go to shit until later.
But the last half is the best one!
>>
>>13469405
So far it seems like it's trying to get everyone onboard but the Gundam audience.
>>
The designs of suits are pretty good (apart from the waist on barbatos). Character designs are mediocre and forgettable

OST is pretty good

Animation is all over the place but the poor quality really sticks out in some episodes. There are way to many QUALITY and just off model/lazy faces. It seems like whoever is in charge is new and not learnt many tricks about budget

Fight choreography is good in parts but bad in others. Stuff like when Mika makes a dust cloud to hide is smart and well done little scene. But positioning seems to be a real problem as characters just launch themselves all over and then are just kind of by each other in the right place for a shot, this was especially bad in space.

The characters are bland and boring. Mika is one of the least interesting protags in Gundam at this stage. He is just sort of good at everything and has little issue, there is nothing interesting about him. They have done a very bad job at setting up him and Orga being close, they are barely together. Kudelia on the other hand is the opposite, the show never lets her do anything right and must always be in a state of distress. No one else has really had enough time to properly define themselves. The show is very lazy with bad guys with them being comical in a show about serious child soldiers. I know there are 20 episodes to go but characters need to be interesting by this point, I may forgive in a 50 episode series but not here.

The main plot has barely gotten going yet. Some of earth is bad and Mars is probably good, there is fuck all to discuss. The shows tone is weird. It is trying to be serious but doesn't really get into stuff enough to make it feel like that, at best it tells us. The show never makes you feel like you are living through the tough life of a soldier. Even stuff like 08th Team's early episodes did a much better job of showcasing the down to earth life of a soldier.
>>
>>13469537
That would depend largely on how you define "the Gundam audience". There are several very different styles of storytelling in the Gundam franchise. Few people like everything, most have at least one or two shows they dislike (i only have two I thought of dropping) and for me Tekketsu is hitting every note perfectly so far.
>>
>>13469567
>That would depend largely on how you define "the Gundam audience"
Tomino/UC Gundam.
>>
Cute, but failing at building up suspense.
>>
File: atraquality2.gif (178KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
atraquality2.gif
178KB, 160x160px
>>13469556
This. It tries so hard to be "down-to-earth" and "gritty" but then there's all these other things that pull you out of the moment.
>>
File: netlk 9947.jpg (260KB, 1147x1500px) Image search: [Google]
netlk 9947.jpg
260KB, 1147x1500px
>>13469596
>>
>>13469537
Looking around other sites it doesn't seem to be getting them either. Even MAL when from a 200+ thread to a 80+ for the episode discussion. The boys aren't right for fujos to get properly involved, the waifus are bare on the grown (and jewhime can get pretty fucking annoying), it isn't really flashy enough for the brain dead anime viewer and it isn't super cereal proper war drama enough for that sort of crowd (which I guess counts gundam fans)
>>
The staff has absolutely no balls.
Every character who has a mecha turned into plamo is cool, catchy and thought to pander to the otaku and fujo crowd, every other character is a mix of stupidity, incompetence and total blandness.
The plot and setting aren't really impressive. You get little infodumps about X and Y, but nothing seems really relevant to the characterization or events. This story could take place anywhere and the character could be from any other anime, given how generic they are.

So far it resembles too much Aldnoah.Zero's MO.
>>
>>13469610
I only said that it was trying, not that it succeeding.
>>
>>13469611
>So far it resembles too much Aldnoah.Zero's MO
>everyone hated Asshime
>suddenly everyone likes Kudelia despite being a carbon copy of the above
Fucking shippers in charge of making noise.
>>
Everyone hates it. That means it's actually good.
>>
>>13469504
We are now in the 5th Episode, sure it's fun seeing the boys stand up to themselves but as whole scene thing is kinda slow.
>Mika being emotionless is to be expected since he's a traumatized child soldier.Hopefully he gets better.
I do hope he get better characterization. right now I prefer Biscuit to become the protag

>>13469509
Or you want me to compare this shit with ZZ or Victory, that suit you fancy? oh wait how about A/Z. this shit remind me of that garbage.

>>13469531
By 4 episode the bad guy don't even posed a threat, the enemies were treated like woobies who will die left and right without provide the challenge to protag. although in the 5th episode NOTCHAR did say that the gundam is whole reason Mika winning the battle but still it deliver no suspense/thrill to the audience. IMHO I feel like I'm watching some mecha series which have their main suits look like a Gundam but it is not an actual gundam anime.
>>
>>13469624
I don't hate it (yet). It just hasn't grabbed me like other Gundam shows have at this point..
>>
The fights have nice clanging noises. I like that.
>>
>>13469611
>You get little infodumps about X and Y, but nothing seems really relevant to the characterization or events.
This is something they do really badly.Sometimes shows don't hide exposition well but they needed it there to explain something that is going to happen and there was no way (or they were too lazy) to find a more natural solution. This show really likes to have obtuse monologue about stuff that barely seems relevant right now and you are just going to repeat it later when it becomes important again.

And despite that happening a lot they have barely expanded on earth and Mars outside there are fractions and people are poor cause stuff is expensive and all that. They still don't feel like real fleshed out places

It is some of the most incompetent exposition
>>
>>13469405
>>13469429
>/m/ will hate it regardless of quality. Ask again in 20 years.
maybe OP should form his own opinion and not ask what the shit posting containment board thinks.
>>
>>13469504
>Mika being emotionless is to be expected since he's a traumatized child soldier.Hopefully he gets better.
Someone made an interesting point in another thread. You could put any of the other boys in the Gundam and it would be more interesting cause they all have stuff going on (Blonde argues with Orga, Biscuit has family etc).

Mika's is just not interesting, they've given reason for the characterisation but have done little with it.
>>
I haven't watched Victory yet and I'm planning on doing it now, but is catching up with IBO and watching it through the season better than just watching Victory now?
>>
>>13469918
Yes
>>
>>13469918
Catch up with IBO. It's coming up on the 6th episode so you're not that far behind. Then start Victory.
>>
>>13469936
I can't handle two Gundam shows at the same time to be honest, I need to invest myself fully in either one.
>>
>>13469627
>some mecha series which have their main suits look like a Gundam but it is not an actual gundam anime.
Funny, this is exactly how I feel about Turn A and G Reco.
>>
Verdict is I'm surprised it isn't being shit posted as much as it could.
>>
>>13469977
Greco wasn't originally meant to be a gundam, but when Tomino wanted to make something else they said do a gundam

How much of the original non-gundam made it in is unclear though
>>
File: fc,550x550,lemon.jpg (43KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,lemon.jpg
43KB, 550x550px
>>13469977
>>
>>13469987
It isn't interesting enough to shit post. Shitposters need something to latch onto that they can press to annoy fans, but even stuff like this character is undeveloped is something agreed on by fans and just gets a give it more time

Plus there is barely a fanbase to troll, it doens't even have a general. Fucking Try had a general
>>
>>13470000
Generals are cancerous hug boxes.
Nice quads though.
>>
>>13470003
>Generals
>hug boxes
They are mostly people arguing, even if they are both fans
>>
>>13470008
The only generals I've seen that happen to are ones plagued with deliberate trolls.

Or are too big for their own good.

It's simple community dynamics, really.
>>
>>13470022
Don't forget the attention whore tripfags who love to talk off topic
>>
00 2.0: competent but bland
Will bring in a ton of fans who think it's the best thing ever
>>
>>13470128
00 had the so stupid it was funny and the characters stuck out even if again they were stupid. IBO is very bland and low key in comparison. For comparison by this point in 00 they were all doing loads of shit around the world, saving colonies that are falling etc, the 4 mains had stuff set up for them and there was this big dumb world plot.

>Will bring in a ton of fans
so far it has failed at that badly
>>
>>13469621
Asshime isn't even a character, she's a Mcguffin required to activate the battleship and the mechs.
>>
>>13469443

It'll definitely be on Toonami. And it will become ridiculously popular.
>>
File: mika abomination.jpg (478KB, 500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
mika abomination.jpg
478KB, 500x2000px
>>13469405
you know those freeform rpg gundam boards? It's sorta like one of those animated
>>
File: Like I Give a Fuck.png (713KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Like I Give a Fuck.png
713KB, 600x800px
>>13470555
yeah, I could see that
>>
>>13469405
It's definitely worth watching so far. Come back after another 20 episodes.
>>
>>13469405
Ask again in 20 episodes
>>
>>13470555
Any anime that gets popular that gets popular in the west now was long before a dub. KLK, SAO AOT etc

Toonami would struggle to mater less
>>
>>13469639
The show has literally repeated explanations on how the Alaya-whatever system works every single episode so far. I'm actually wondering how much longer they'll continue to do so.
>>
>>13470763
You mean the Alaya-Vigana system? I heard that all those orphans are implanted with them which explains the gundam's amazing movements. Of course it is also because of the gn I mean mini black whole I mean Ahab reactors which it has 2 duct taped together which we can't do now cause reasons
>>
>>13470763
Probably Gavan-style. They always explain how the Electroplate transformation works in that.
>>
File: 1443405348431.gif (947KB, 450x249px) Image search: [Google]
1443405348431.gif
947KB, 450x249px
>Sees Orga speechifying like Kamina
>Raise your death flag

Also, I can't help but draw a ton of connections between Orphans and The Phantom Pain
>not very talkative, hypercompetent MC
>charismatic, speech-making best friend of MC rebuilding a PMC
>child soldiers
>Overreacting, blatantly evil villain
>sleezy, pathetic "ally"
>>
File: Sven_cal_bayan.jpg (71KB, 686x796px) Image search: [Google]
Sven_cal_bayan.jpg
71KB, 686x796px
>>13470865
>not very talkative, hypercompetent MC
>child soldiers
Yeah, sure.

>charismatic, speech-making best friend of MC rebuilding a PMC
>Overreacting, blatantly evil villain
>sleezy, pathetic "ally"
The fuck?
>>
>>13470893
Admittedly, comparing Kaz to Orga is a stretch, especially since Orga isn't all about muh revenge

Coral's constant headbanging reminds me of Skull Face's "WHOOOO?" and "I'M BURNING UUUUP"

Huey and Hitler Guy are both spinelss liars who lie

Just small things, nothing 1 for 1
>>
>>13470927
Anon, what the actual fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>13469405
It's not anime.
>>
It feels like after the slightly baked fever dream that was G-Reco, they're trying to play it as safe as they can.
>>
>>13469465
I found 00 much slower than IBO initially. First episode was pretty boring except for Setsuna flashback. It took about 7-10 episodes for me to care.
>>
>>13469627
I like ZZ And also this anime
>>
>>13469621
Hime was popular until her 2nd death
>>
>>13470008
Fuck off, general tard.

When IBO fans want a general there'll be a general. Otherwise, stop trying to force your cancer down our throat,
>>
>>13470166
>so far it has failed at that badly
Oh look a retard
>>
>>13471241
>When IBO fans want a general there'll be a general
there'd have to be enough fans first. At best the show has an okay sized group that are eh on it
>>
>>13471268
Or maybe we're just not cancerous faggots
>>
>>13469640
people like to say this but then people will say you have shit taste

and at that point you will have no idea if they are shitposters or you genuinely do have shit taste

what do
>>
I like the overall tone, music and suit design but the pacing is way to slow. Especially for a 25 episode only series.

It really feels like the first 5 episodes could have been done in 2. I really hope it doesn't lead to a rushed ending when production realize they are running out of episodes.
>>
>>13471494
Everyone else has shit taste and is a faggot.
I am the only one with good taste.
>>
>>13471508
This is a legit fear and the same trap G-Reco fell into. Production diddled around for the first half and it cost them dearly when they got to the the final push.
>>
>>13471534
It happens in Gundam in general, the last 5 episodes of Zeta, for instance, were an unparaleled trainwreck.
>>
>>13470714
>Durarara
>Deadman Wonderland
>Space Dandy

>popular in the west before airing on Toonami
>>
>>13471972
>Durarara
>Deadman Wonderland
>popular at all
>>
>>13471972
Wasn't Dandy on Toonami before moonland tv?
>>
>>13471995
Exactly.
>>
>>13471508
>>13471534
>>13471954

A lot of animes built up to something great for the first 75% of the show, and then when you get 90% through you realize that they aren't going to answer or give payoff to all the big questions and the last 5% is rushed as fuck. Every time. Or they have a second season that follows the same formula and nothing is ever answered anyways.

Gundam 00 and Aldnoah Zero were like this.
>>
>>13471954
Sunrise pacing is Sunrise pacing.
>>
>>13469405

I'm liking it so far, but I'm wondering how they're going to establish a primary and secondary conflict. The mood and theme of this show feels like it's going to have a very open-ended ending; That is, it's likely that this will simply be one mission for the characters, and they'll go on to have other adventures afterwards.

I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit so far, but the fighting does seem to be on an extremely small scale. I mean, they only have two mobile suits!
>>
>>13469405
I'm digging it, despite all of it's faults. The characters are archetypical, but enjoyable to watch. Animation's on the low budget side for Gundam, but still nothing amazingly awful. Action scenes are entertaining, if a bit of mess at times. Great OST, too.

It's enjoyable enough, which is all I ask for in robot cartoons.
>>
>>13469405
It's good but mad G-Reco fans will try to convince you otherwise and shit up every thread about IBO imaginable.
>>
>>13469918
>>13469939
Watch IBO while EG is working on uploading the Victory blurays.
>>
File: 1281532213911.jpg (105KB, 809x477px) Image search: [Google]
1281532213911.jpg
105KB, 809x477px
>>13469405
Does this anime take place in the Uc timeline or the CC time line?
>>
>>13472016
>A lot of animes built up to something great for the first 75% of the show
>A/Z
That was shit from the beginning
>>
File: m enjoying Iron Blood Orphans.gif (3MB, 315x236px) Image search: [Google]
m enjoying Iron Blood Orphans.gif
3MB, 315x236px
>>13472500
>>13472439
>>13472120
>>
File: gundam timelines.jpg (499KB, 1280x1028px) Image search: [Google]
gundam timelines.jpg
499KB, 1280x1028px
Do we have a updated time line now? I been using this for a while.
>>
File: gundam what to watch.jpg (2MB, 2800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
gundam what to watch.jpg
2MB, 2800x3000px
>>13472624
Also I need a updated this.
>>
>>13472439

ORPHANS
NAMIDA

I like the ending song. The OP, not so much.
>>
>>13472614
>You don't REALLY like it!!
Autism.
>>
>>13472791
>liking IBO unironically
Autism.
>>
>>13472614
That pic more aptly describes Reconguista.
>>
>>13472811
>shitposting
Autism.
>>
File: 1445196770075.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445196770075.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>13472818
Not really. If IBO had came after 00 /m/ would have no problems shitting on it as much as AGE but since it came after a Gundam series which heavily divided everyone who watched it they have to delude themselves to think its better despite looking worse.
>>
>>13472907
>looking
Pay no mind, his opinion is a joke.
>>
>>13472916
Boy...you sure told me.
>>
>>13472932
Let me spell this out for you: If you base your opinion of an anime based solely on its animation quality, get the fuck off this board.
>>
>>13472624
That's entirely wrong.
It's a fan-modified version of an image originally made for a magazine article, it's not remotely official.
>>
Didn't get past episode 2.

G-reco was MUCH better.
>>
>>13472907
>they have to delude themselves to think its better
>anyone who doesn't share my opinion is just lying to themselves about the fact that they really do share my opinion
whatevs, man. hate all you want, I'll be over here enjoying the new show.
>>
File: really cmon.gif (546KB, 266x198px) Image search: [Google]
really cmon.gif
546KB, 266x198px
>>13472950
stop that

I liked G-reco to, but stop that
>>
Standard mecha anime. Decent enough. Just like every other gundam.
>>
>>13472960
Hey I'm not that guy but what he said its true broski.

Hell even the Animated Robot Toy Commercial is better at story/tension/characterization than IBO.

G-Reco might have pacing problem to others Personally I have no problem about the pacing but it get the job done by enticing the viewers be it with confusion or the drama itself.

Now its ep5 and I still gave 2 fucks about why Mars need their Independence when they have several Merc running around destabilizing the planet and why is Earth send 2 pretty boys to oversee Mars, I mean come on by now they should have make Earth presence more alarming or dangerous to the orphans. We got 20 ep left and I'm still don't gave a 2 fucks about Tekkadan and Jewhime mission.

I like Biscuit and her sisters tho.
>>
>>13472948
What is wrong about it? could to post the correct one?
>>
>>13472907
>not really

Yes really.
>>
Insufficient data
>>
Takes place on Mars yet it feels the same as Earth. What a waste of the setting.
>>
File: 1446905785726.jpg (2MB, 2800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1446905785726.jpg
2MB, 2800x3000px
>>13472631
There's already a thread up but here.
>>
>>13473419
What did you expect?
>>
>>13473480
Them to focus on how different gravity is, talk about the terraforming process, anything to make it distinct. Show the two moons in the sky. Frozen Teardrop is a fucking masterpiece compared to this.
>>
File: 0613ML0025880020301760E01_DXXX.jpg (72KB, 1408x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0613ML0025880020301760E01_DXXX.jpg
72KB, 1408x1200px
>>13473504
Well, Mika lifted a grown man twice his size.

>Show the two moons in the sky.
Those pebbles are barely visible, even at night.
>>
>>13473510
Mika is also strong. They didn't really act like that had to do with gravity. People don't move differently or anything. The moons being small isn't a problem as this is fiction. This show might as well have take place on Earth.
>>
>>13469405
Too soon for a verdict , but for now it's quite boring.

Personally, i dont like the staging. Characters do not do anything interesting and even their dialogues have nothing to say. Orga seems to be the only one with a personality right now. I don't dislike the Bisquit and Kudelia, but I am not very involved.

I still hope that he can get interesting
>>
>>13469405
A physical manifestation of trash
>>
>>13474913
The show has this amazing ability to talk a lot but barely say anything, never mind anything interesting.

So much of it is said in a very dry manner as well
>>
File: gundamguide.jpg (3MB, 2800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
gundamguide.jpg
3MB, 2800x3000px
>>
>>13474938
any guesses on what the IBO "muh ____" version will be?
Muh orga?
Muh orders?
Muh comrades?
Muh Chocolate Man?
>>
>>13474913
Orga is literally a robot you moron.
>>
>>13474951
mikas the robot
he wont move without orders
orga is effectively the mc piloting the gundam through him
>>
RAISE YOUR FLAG
>>
File: muh chart.jpg (1MB, 2800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
muh chart.jpg
1MB, 2800x3000px
>>13474950
muh exposition
>>
>>13474951
>roborga cracks under the pressure and kills himself
>mika becomes a normal human bean and manages a farm with atra and their 6 kids
>>
>>13474975
that song is horrid
>>
>>13474951
yeah yeah, faggot.

Orga is a Kamina type, indeed, but we know his goal, we know his fear of disappointing Mika (That perhaps hiding more serious reasons) and he's the character who acted more right now. This does not make him a good character, but it is certainly the only one that has a bit of personality.
>>
>>13474975
>wolf_yawning_whilst_watching_IBO.jpg
>>
>>13474975

Something about that song sounds so wrong to me.

It's like if you took a gurren lagann opening and then played it back in a minor key. It's really strange.
>>
>>13474951
Perhaps you meant Mika.
>>
>>13469405
Worse than Valvrave
>>
>>13475005
Relax, it's not possible.
>>
>>13475008
Infinite Ryvius accomplished that task, theoretically another anime could
>>
>>13474951
Nah, he's just a fearful bitch who does everything because muh Mika. Meanwhile Mika is doing his own thing and learning how to read/write.
>>
>>13475027
Mika's almost always off doing his own thing.

I half expected Orga to be an Akio type who raped Mika to keep him in line, desu senpai.
>>
>>13475005
This.
Nothing ever happens and Mika is infallible in all aspects but handwriting.
>>
>>13475045
But Mika wouldn't care if Orga did that. He'd have to be the Griffith type who rapes you're girlfriend retarded while looking you straight in the eye.
>>
>>13475047
>Mika is infallible
That is not a problem, the problem with him is that he is completely evil and inhumane.
>>
>>13475067
He's space jesus.
>>
>>13475075
Kira is space Jesus, Mika is space Satan
>>
I tried very hard to like this series.
At first I expecting we got to see a bunch of child soldier trapped in between Mars and Earth politics but what I got was some try hard faggot who try to sound intelligent and righteous right down to obnoxious to send some blonde mars noble to preach aboot independence.

Can't wait how they molded the bad guys tho, I kinda wanted to know how they will go with that guy who just lost his sensei.
>>
File: 1445901155123.png (16KB, 127x130px) Image search: [Google]
1445901155123.png
16KB, 127x130px
>>13475067
>That is not a problem, the problem with him is that he is completely evil and inhumane.
>>
>>13475078
Nah, Kira is the demiurge.
>>
>>13474977
Victory's makes no sense at all. Usso was as happy meeting his mom as he was meeting his dad. He didn't even dwell on her death too much
although he did sleep with her
>>
>>13475099
should be muh shrikes
>>
>>13475067
Dude, what?
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492KB, 602x566px) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492KB, 602x566px
>>13475067
Makes sense to me
>>
File: 1446987364510.jpg (49KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
1446987364510.jpg
49KB, 600x839px
I want to be teacher's pet.
>>
>>13475067
Calm the fuck down Orga
>>
>>13475126
I don't, always loathed school and teachers give homework. Yuck.
>>
>>13469405
I'm giving it 6 episodes to actually go anywhere. However everything outside of the OST seems underwhelming and doesnt really appeal to me so far.
>>
File: 53451291_p0.jpg (521KB, 760x1000px) Image search: [Google]
53451291_p0.jpg
521KB, 760x1000px
>>13475167
Education is important, anon.
>>
>>13475194
What will vermin use with it? Infiltrate society and steal our jobs?
>>
>>13475202
You can't quell the vermintide by bitching about it.
>>
>>13475171
Considers that the Japanese too do not seem to have interest to follow. We are witnessing the second coming of Age
>>
>>13475217
That is why monsters like Mika only understand brute force and need to be stopped. If Mars raises people like that they deserve no independence ever.
>>
someone explain why they need someone to hold their hand to get to earth please
>>
>>13475194
And school is shit, point moot
>>13475222
Thank fuck, now it is up to us to drive the point home to Bandai that people don't want garbage like this.
>>
File: 53437766_p1.png (381KB, 544x789px) Image search: [Google]
53437766_p1.png
381KB, 544x789px
>>
>>13475237
I'd put money on there being a ridiculously massive debris field.

+/- the communication network creating navigational hazards.
>>
>>13475240
Too bad for you, the preorders jumped after last episode.

On the other hand, why the fuck are we interested in sales all of a sudden?
>>
>>13475263
maybe, although i would have thought after 300 years it would have been cleared up or salvaged for parts
>>
>>13475269
>On the other hand, why the fuck are we interested in sales all of a sudden?
Because G-Reco actually sold well and haters are calling IBO good for the sole sake of trying to counter balance.
>>
File: 53201961_p1.png (554KB, 1929x1377px) Image search: [Google]
53201961_p1.png
554KB, 1929x1377px
>>13475287
And if G-Reco hadn't sold well?

sales=/=quality

We've had this argument, anon. Don't go down that bullshit path, tying to validate your taste with how much money the nips throw at it.
You're better than that.
>>
>>13475274
It's probably the communications network, individual routes through it might be privatized and guarded fiercely.
>>
>>13475307
>And if G-Reco hadn't sold well?
It determines what kind of anime bandai will make, studios will not make what people don't want most of the time.
>>
>>13475287
>it sold well

Sword
Art
>>
>>13469405
>verdict
>of a series that's still airing
So shitposting thread?
>>
>>13475331
Gee admiral oblivious what did you think?
>>
>>13475324
And when shit sells well and a series you like dies, do you still suck the dick of Adam Smith?

And given Japan's track record that happens 9 times out of 10.
>>
>>13475341
Your analogy makes no sense, who is Adam Smith?
>>
File: 1333407926707.jpg (56KB, 413x570px) Image search: [Google]
1333407926707.jpg
56KB, 413x570px
>>13475348
>who is Adam Smith
>>
>>13475348
Boy, I could really go for the low hanging fruit here.

But I won't, because we were talking about being better people.
>>
Fairly mediocre so far. Orga might become interesting.
>>
File: 1439756997909.jpg (356KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1439756997909.jpg
356KB, 1280x1440px
Japanese public killed Rokka no Yuusha.

You people can really go fuck yourself with the sales argument.
>>
>>13475307
>If G-Reco sold like shit
HA! SEE! JAPAN HATES IT LIKE US! YOU LIKE SHIT!

>G-Reco actually sold well
S-s-s-s-so what? It sold less than SEED!

And if IBO sells less than G-Reco I wonder if you guys will kill yourselves now?
>>
>>13475348
He's a big weeb who writes for ANN, don't you know anything?
>>
>>13475401
They killed the author and burned the LNs?
>>
>>13475407
Do you have mental problems, anon?
>>
>>13475429
They killed the author's prospects of living a wealthy life and receiving recognition for his work.
>>
File: jiiiiiiiiii.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jiiiiiiiiii.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
smiles are being made

they must be protected
>>
File: 1446988509020.jpg (209KB, 1021x1276px) Image search: [Google]
1446988509020.jpg
209KB, 1021x1276px
>>
>>13475401
Rokka was awful though. Most of the time those series that sold less than 1k deserve it.
>>
File: 1446988574167.jpg (158KB, 1040x998px) Image search: [Google]
1446988574167.jpg
158KB, 1040x998px
>>13475480
Breast cancer awareness month at Tekkadan
>>
>>13472907
>they have to delude themselves to think its better despite looking worse.

Yeah it looks worse, but I'd rather have that than a very flashy and pretty show with very little substance and terrible directing/editing.
>>
>>13475491
>G-Reco
>no substance
>terrible directing/editing

This is ironic coming from a IBOfag
>>
File: 1441232737024.jpg (57KB, 587x712px) Image search: [Google]
1441232737024.jpg
57KB, 587x712px
>>13475484
Literally go fuck yourself.
>>
>>13475401
stop posting that shitty show didn't do well. You do it every time people point out how badly IBO is doing crying wah it isn't fair

tough shit anon
>>
>>13475511
>G-reco
>substance
>a girl is retarded literally half the show and her most memorable contribution is very hamfisted-ly delivering the show's message in a random outburst at the last minute.

If I had a slingshot I would aim it at your ass, g-rectumfag.
>>
File: grecofags.jpg (48KB, 475x665px) Image search: [Google]
grecofags.jpg
48KB, 475x665px
>>13472614
>>
>>13475528
see >>13475518
>>
File: worstboy.png (2MB, 1830x1080px) Image search: [Google]
worstboy.png
2MB, 1830x1080px
Orga is the worst boy.
>>
File: G-Reco thread.png (115KB, 570x590px) Image search: [Google]
G-Reco thread.png
115KB, 570x590px
>>13475538
Don't forget this one.
>>
File: mpv-shot0133.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0133.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?.jpg

Get the fuck out!
>>
File: orga punch.webm (746KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
orga punch.webm
746KB, 1280x720px
>>13475545
>>
>>13475554

That is some stupid fucking hair.
>>
>>13475557
I can barely figure out how it connects, it seems to change with the angle
>>
>>13475557
It's eye shades for that harsh Martian Sun.
>>
>>13475554
Thank you, I enjoy rewatching it.
>>
File: G-Reco haters.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
G-Reco haters.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
>>13475530
>>13475538
>>13475546
>>
>>13475557
After Yu-Gi-Oh non of that shit phases me.

This is entry level crazy hair.
>>
>>13472016
>A/Z

It built up something for the first 3 episodes and then shit all over itself for the rest of the season.
S2 then also tried to built up but it did it again.
>>
>>13475518
IBO is subpar too.
>>
>>13470865
Implying Mika is anywhere as good as Massive Medic.

Also I doubt Orga could even make a decent hamburger.
>>
>>13475595
WORDS THAT EXPOSIT
WOULD YOU RECOUNT THEM TO ME
>>
File: 1447006176408.png (888KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447006176408.png
888KB, 1280x720px
>this thread
>>
>>13475621
I don't know, Leatherface couldn't spell well either, I guess similar minds think and do alike.
>>
>>13475621
That scene was cute.
>>
>>13470948
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Not the /m/ Phantom Pain. Geez, it's like he didn't know he was in a Gundam thread.
>>
>>13475621
>finger painting
FUCK YOU STEVE JOBS
HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL
>>
>>13475621
>Average G-Reco hater
>>
Where is all the engrish, bandai?
>>
File: 1426371644967.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1426371644967.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
>>13475710
>G-reco haters are fit badasses that have jewish girls fawning over them

>G-reco lovers are weird creeps that want to fuck their sisters and climb Mount Fuji for fun
>>
>>13469405
It seems like it was already a pretty deep in development when they realized they should slap Gundam on it
>>
>>13475729
So that's why it doesn't suck.
>>
>>13475729
>>13475749
And it's clearly the only reason there's even a popular opinion of it.

Remove the Gundam name and no one would back it.
>>
>>13469405
It's garbage. They're only going to have action every other episode, and not a lot either. The idling episodes have, so far, been spent regurgitating information at the viewers, often stuff that was already covered. I think it's clear they didn't want to put budget into fights, so they're trying to pad the content with SoL and (repetitive) exposition, but it's already dragging the show's pacing to a crawl.

With the amount of talking the characters have done so far they could have established everything that's going on, but no, we get more drivel about muh ahab reactors and muh spinal tap
>>
>>13475726
>climb Mount Fuji for fun
That IS pretty neat though
>>
>>13475726
>>G-reco lovers get to fuck their hot princess sisters who look slick in military coats and travel the world on walking segways while several girls lust after their dicks
>>
File: 1238960049991.png (429KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1238960049991.png
429KB, 640x480px
>>13475726
>>13475621
>Gundam Fanboys in general are all toonami babbies that think they're hot shit just because they discovered other shit series in a shit franchise.
>>
File: 5UerYWY.jpg (99KB, 319x480px) Image search: [Google]
5UerYWY.jpg
99KB, 319x480px
>>13475798
>Zeta lovers are potatoes, but their waifus take care of them.
>ZZ lovers are really into crossdressing.
>Stardust Memories lovers get keked.
>>
>>13475805

Do 0080
>>
>>13475805

>0080 lovers can never look at hamburger the same way again.
>>
>>13475801
fuck off chirico
>>
>>13475805
0079 lovers?
>>
>>13475726
There aren't any jews confirmed, anon
>>
>>13469405
How good it ends up really depends on what direction they take the relationship of the two main characters. What are they going to do spice it up later in the show? Will one of them let the other down or will there be a falling out of some sorts? Will there be a moral clash between them? If it stays as is it would just be an ordinary action show with a simple plot, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I prefer when a show has a conflict of ideals and its at least been set up with that potential so far.
>>
>>13469405
The gundam looks like a good cuddler.
>>
>>13469405
I swear to god, if Atra dies I will kill a man
>>
>>13475757
Makes you wonder what /m/ would be like if Valverave was a Gundam show.
>>
>>13476076
>Gundam with space vampires? FACKIN BULLSHEEET!
>>
>>13476061
Make sure to tell us where and when.
make /m/ famous.
>>
>>13476076
Better then AGE desu
>>
>>13476165
Go, and let the legend come back to life!
>>
>>13476165
I'll make sure to be dressed as a gundam
>>
It's way too /a/
>>
File: 1370734695050.jpg (450KB, 1600x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1370734695050.jpg
450KB, 1600x1212px
>>13475841
>>
I get the sneaking suspicion that it's a pandering move to make the show this way.

>Oh, people whine when we do UNDERSTANDING characters? Make the MC a remorseless killer instead.
>Since we're going dark here, lets make them all orphans. Yes, ALL of them!
>Not just orphans, what if they were all effectively slaves and cannon fodder too? Goddamn, I'm so edgy I scare myself sometimes.

Of course, they can still back out of this by addressing at some point how fucked up Mika is, and all of them in general. They don't have to go full UNDERSTANDING end (in fact, I'd be pissed if they did), but if they just go the whole series acting like Mika is awesome for just killing people for next to no reason and with zero emotional reaction to the act, I'm probably going to hate that just as much.
>>
>>13476447
don't forget all the implied rape
>>
>>13476447

stop repeating what this guy >>13476396 said
>>
>>13476447
The show feels sort of like it was made on a production line, there isn't much love in it

It is not well drawn, scenes just exist to tell you something then end, you got your fujo pandering, you got your love triangle and got Kudelia in lots of different outfits for the girls but to encourage more drawings of her (mostly lewd). Even the voice acting is just very flat
>>
>>13476499
>Even the voice acting is just very flat

that's just the cool, smart, and tough Mika
>>
>>13476519

I almost forgot how cool the cool characters are until the show told me like 3 times this episode
>>
>>13476519
MIka is the most flat (though at least it is part of his character) but no one has made a stand out performance. I wouldn't say they were bad though
>>
>>13476531
People still have difficulty understanding the street smarts vs proper education dynamic between him and Kuddles.

Or did we move past that stupid as fuck gripe? I honestly don't pay much attention to the armchair critics here when it comes to Orphans.
>>
>>13476447
>for just killing people for next to no reason
but that's wrong retard all his kills have been for a very good reason.
>>
I more-or-less like it so far, but the rampant QUALITY even in the quieter scenes and the relative blandness of pretty much the whole cast is kind of off-putting and preventing me from being totally on board.
>>
>>13476531
well you know, the show's just going at such a fast pace and there's so much going on that you can't help but forget!
>>
>>13476531
How can your forget how amazing and smart Mika is apart from when the script needs him to forget his huge monologues about the problems on Mars
>>
>>13476558

especially with all of the lame robot fighting that's taking up all the time they could use to develop these insanely deep characters
>>
>>13476554
The ones in direct combat, yes. But he's straight up shot guys in the face when there were other options. Simply because Orga told him to.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have, I'm saying that if they just leave it at that and never address his mental state, it's going to be just as bad as if they made it so he never kills anyone for any reason.
>>
File: allthings-300x300.jpg (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
allthings-300x300.jpg
45KB, 300x300px
>>13476543
the VA's not doing a bad job at all
>>
>>13476574
This
I find it hard to believe that people on this board don't see his very obvious path. He''ll learn life matters (maybe because someone dies or Kudelia's speech) and then either but I don't want to kill or full on UNDERSTANDING MUH BACK MAKES ME ABLE TO NOT KILL ANYONE
>>
File: bad.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bad.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
shit eye coloring that's what
>>
G-Reco riders hate it. Way I'm seeing it anyway.
>>
>>13469407
Lacking Haro is a good thing.
>>
Cookie and Cracker are not only awwdorable, their voices are like music to my ears

I'm actually jealous of a 2D character having a wonderful pair of imoutos
>>
>>13469627
>Such an old Mobile Suit put up a good fight against us
>It might be the pilot rather than the mech

>gundam is whole reason Mika winning the battle
>>
File: haro1.jpg (30KB, 350x357px) Image search: [Google]
haro1.jpg
30KB, 350x357px
>>13476743
KU DELIA
KU DELIA
KU DELIA
GENKI
GENKI
>>
>>13476811
Maybe it is cause Mika's dick couldn't be further down Char's throat so he can't pilot well
>>
File: genkitoko.jpg (115KB, 163x297px) Image search: [Google]
genkitoko.jpg
115KB, 163x297px
>>13476822
GENKI GENKI !
>>
>>13476735
nice strawman
Gundam been shit since 00 and IBO doing nothing to change that
>>
>>13476811
He did qualify that statement by talking about that man-machine-interface that Mika has which gives him an advantage.

Sometimes I feel like you faggots are not paying attention.
>>
>>13476822
With IBO being more aimed to west you'd think theyd have actually called hello instead of the engrish version
>>
>>13476849
It's literally part of him, his skin has grown all over it and it is stuck in his spine. He was praising MIka over the gundam
>>
>>13469405
>So what's the verdict on this?
Based on the first 6 episodes, I'd say it's not quite as good as UC, but better then 00, Wing, and Age.
>>
>>13476861
>augmented soldier doesn't have an unfair advantage over normal guy because the augmentation "is a part of him"
Is this really your retarded implication here?
Go sit in a corner.
>>
>>13476910
>unfair advantage
Who the fuck was making any moral judgements? He was just praising Mika's attributes rather than the Gundams, not saying Mika is a good person for having them.
>>
>>13476910
MIka does have an advantage, something that is part of his body and only he has been able to have that many in the cast (so far) because he is so tough and amazing

He was praising his piloting skills over the gundams ability.
>>
File: 53426514_p0.jpg (919KB, 925x1000px) Image search: [Google]
53426514_p0.jpg
919KB, 925x1000px
Who needs Haro when you have these two qt3.14s?
>>
>>13476937
cause they aren't in the show any more
>>
>>13476925
And his piloting skills are in no small part so good because of the "whiskers".
And Chocolate Man mentions that.
He also says that Mika has talent, but it's not like he went THAT KID IS SO FUCKING AWESOME! HE COULD GO UP AGAINST A BIG ZAM IN A NEMO AND STILL WIN!
>>
>>13476947
>And his piloting skills are in no small part so good because of the "whiskers".
which are part of him and what helps making a good pilot which he says. Again this does not contradict him praising his skill over the gundams ability. He never says it is only because of that over that he is bad but saved by them

>He also says that Mika has talent,
yes, yes he does
>>
File: 53205226_p0.jpg (453KB, 1158x818px) Image search: [Google]
53205226_p0.jpg
453KB, 1158x818px
>>13476945
They will return! Oniichan has to take care of them!
>>
>>13476958
If you had cybernetic legs and won a fucking race against me, I certainly wouldn't think that it's your raw skill that got you over the finish line first.
And I wouldn't accept that victory as fair just because those legs are a part of you.

What kind of bullshit are you blathering?
>>
>>13476977
You are just talking absolute shit now

He wasn't going oh muh fair fight this was how good he is in a real fucking battle where you need to survive. Mika is the only one that can have that many implants, that is down to him. This helps him be a good pilot plus his raw skill. That is what gets praised
>>
>>13476977
if you're a fleshbag and you willingly and knowingly entering into a foot race with a cyborg with robotic legs, I think you've forfeited all right to bitch and moan about the race not being on equal terms
>>
>>13476977
>he said the gundam is why Mika is winning
>no he didn't, he said the exact opposite
>but Mika has implants, that makes it unfair
>so what if it's unfair, it's still Mika and not the gundam
>if I lost to someone with implants I would feel cheated
So what, how does any of your retarded bullshit pertain to the original point?
>>
File: 1446760822010.png (602KB, 993x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446760822010.png
602KB, 993x720px
>>13476968
>"take care" of them
>>
>>13477028
you missed
>no other boy has 3 for various reasons making Mika special for being able to

Like that is a really important point. the system is only so good in him because he can bare to have the op again, is willing to risk the operation and I think just strong enough in general to bare having that many
>>
File: biscuit1.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
biscuit1.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>13477042
>>
what the fuck are you talking about? The Tekkadan is bunch of desperate poorly equipped. Gundam is literally the only trump card they have. There is no concept of honor or value here. Even just pull off the question of merit is a bullshit. The issue is just survival.
>>
>>13477028
That's a pretty long line of reasoning.
Did you ever consider that I'm not even talking about the original point.

My point is that Mika is OP for a reason and that the show acknowledges that.
It's not like he's some kind of natural prodigy like some MCs.
He went through a lot of hardships and pain to get as good as he is.
>>
>>13477074
>Did you ever consider that I'm not even talking about the original point.
were you using definitions not found in the dictionary as well?

No one argued he didn't get power through the implants, just that
>>13476861
>It's literally part of him,
>>
>>13469407
Now that you mentioned...

If a Haro doesn't show up, this would be the 5th Gundam anime that has no Haro period. The others would be G, Wing, X and Turn A.
>>
>>13477090
And I said that that's a retarded point to make, when you're trying to say Fareed was sucking Mika's cock in that scene.
>>
>>13477097
Turn A did, Kapools are just Haro's that have been planted in the ground
>>
>>13477104
So now you were arguing this point. You really can't make your mind up

they are part of him, only mika has so many which makes him so good, he was never going it's not fair
>>
>>13477110
No, that connects to my former point, that Mika isn't a Mary Sue. Because a feature of the Sue is getting praised by everyone all the time.

In Mika's case it's a combination of skill, augmentation and the Gundam that allows him to go up against so many foes at once.
>>
>>13477133
>cause he had to get an attachment that means it doesn't count
just ignore only he was strong enough to get that many I guess. Ignore everything pointing out so what as well

>and the Gundam
just ignore they said it was old and not that special I guess
>>
If Mika had character flaws, it wouldn't be so hard to prove it.
>>
>>13477152
>just ignore only he was strong enough to get that many I guess. Ignore everything pointing out so what as well
What does being strong enough to survive a difficult operation have to do with the device being an advantage in a combat scenario.
The correlation is indirect, nitwit.

>>just ignore they said it was old and not that special I guess
>A gundam
>Not turning out to be an overpowered machine
You've seen enough shows to know that the Barabatos will have a few aces up its sleeve.
I mean part of the reason he could win that last battle was because the Barabatos is able to shed parts of its armor and has a slot for the whiskers implant.
He also didn't say that the Gundam wasn't a good machine, just that Garma was wrong in his estimation that it was responsible for its victory.
>>
>>13477192
I guess being a nutcase isn't a character flaw.
>>
people who think Mika is a boring character are morons.

he's very clearly being set up as the ace pilot with poor human personalization skills, something most of you autists can probably relate to. so far his characterization has been fine because he's shown how he relies on Orga or the others around him for basically everything that doesn't involve combat. that's hardly a mary sue and hardly someone with poor characterization.

my only complaints about IBO are the very obvious massive death flags for like half the cast that makes me half expect them to be ignored as some stupid bait and switch. if I don't get an urobutcher-tier ending I'll be severely disappointed.
>>
>>13477267
Not if it isn't presented as one.
>>
>>13477192
>he can't read
>he doesn't understand politics or strategy
>he's very poor at socializing
>he's emotionally broken and thinks nothing of needlessly killing people
>he relies on the people around him to do virtually everything for him that isn't killing people.

these are pretty significant character flaws man

>>13477295
it's definitely presented as one, unless you're also a nutcase and can't understand basic characterization and foreshadowing from the latest episode.
>>
>>13477287
>Mika wants to be a farmer like Biscuit's grandma
>Orga dies in the middle of the season
>Last episode time skip
>Grown up Mika is working on a farm
>Camera pans up to sign
>Orga-nic Farm
>>
File: lalah heh.png (165KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
lalah heh.png
165KB, 500x372px
>>13477318
I like you anon
>>
>>13476968
>>13477042
l-lewd!
>>
>>13469606
God damn I love swimsuits
>>
When a mecha anime were discussed on /a/ you know how bad it is.
>>
>>13477440

seriously, I thought G-reco was "too /a/" at the time, but this is so much worse
>>
File: 1437796400291.jpg (58KB, 627x478px) Image search: [Google]
1437796400291.jpg
58KB, 627x478px
>>13475099
The more I hear about Victory the more I want to watch it but I'd be skipping a ton of UC stuff that I haven't even started yet.
>>
>>13477304
>these are pretty significant character flaws man

His personability puts many characters at ease on a regular basis, so him being poor at socializing really amounts to nothing. Not being able to read or understand politics are not character flaws, something like envy of Kudelia arising from those things and acting out that affects other characters would be but Mika doesn't suffer from such problems.

How did any of the aforementioned besides those meaningfully (cause conflict, turn a positive to a negative) impair him and stop him from accomplishing his goals or fulfilling his desires in the show so far?

I think he only needlessly killed one person because Orga told him to. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe if his lack of direction and reliance on others or lack of questioning got him or characters into hot water, you would have a point in calling them significant character flaws.
>>
>>13477318
>The sign is hand written sloppily by Mika

He tried his best
>>
>>13477440

I'm really getting sick of this forced rivalry with /a/

And I've been putting up with it since 2007
>>
File: kidsshow.jpg (124KB, 698x523px) Image search: [Google]
kidsshow.jpg
124KB, 698x523px
>>13477464

get to work m8

you probably don't even know about how bad war and adults are yet
>>
>>13477466
He's not supposed to be a deep character though, the fact his personality is shallow and downright sociopathic just serves to bring more attention to Kudelia and Orga and Biscuit, because those 3 have enough characterization to let Mika handle the robot piloting, because that's truly all he's good for.

The fact he's been traumatized from childhood to the point of having such a shallow personality just makes him more sympathetic while not justifying his sociopathic behavior, which is something I expect to be touched upon more and more throughout the series, because it seems like every scene he's in is just making it more clear that Mika is a severely damaged person in need of healing.

He's not Kaizuka Inaho at the very least, a character so needlessly shallow that he made the series worse as a whole. Mika is utilized well as a character because he's only used in scenes that involve combat or to showcase his loyalty to Orga or doing basic things to take care of his comrades, not shoved down our throat as a complete genius at everything who will ruin any scene he's in by butting in and stealing potential characterization from others like other traditional mary sues.
>>
>>13477464
Victory is set in UC 00153, nothing that happened before matters, not even F91.
It's self contained, effectively an AU, even before there was an idea for AU,
>>
>>13477484
I don't even know how you fuck up that bad as a teenager. You can see the letters right there.
>>
>>13477464
Watch Victory.
Compare the first 5 eps with IBO, you'll see how laughable "modern" Gundam really is.
>>
>>13477464
Post CCA, all UC Gundam entries might as well be in their own universe.
>>
File: piggundam.jpg (77KB, 639x481px) Image search: [Google]
piggundam.jpg
77KB, 639x481px
Plus victory has the best variant, the Pig Gundam
>>
>>13477548
He's a retarded killing machine.
Like Leon, from Leon/The Professional.
>>
>>13477549
But don't forget that Tomino intentionally tried to make it crappy.
So it feels kinda weird praising him for fucking up.
>>
File: this is my fuckin JAM.jpg (49KB, 649x477px) Image search: [Google]
this is my fuckin JAM.jpg
49KB, 649x477px
Victory is like those movies everyone says you need to see if you haven't, and once you've seen it you are glad you watched it but never want to watch it again
>>
>>13477568
So if that's true, does that mean Atra end confirmed?

Or I suppose Cookie and/or Cracker end would be closer.
>>
File: usso.webm (2MB, 640x528px) Image search: [Google]
usso.webm
2MB, 640x528px
>>13477569
>>13477549
>>
>>13477634

fuala jingles my bells if you know what I mean
>>
File: fuala_tramp.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fuala_tramp.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>13477645
pre or post oxygen deprived brain damage?
>>
>>13477656
Not that anon, but both. Although I would take pre-pregnancy Marbet over Fuala any day.

>>13477592
Idk about you man, but I'm pumped as hell to watch Victory again once the BD releases are done.
Everyone likes things for their own reasons.
>>
>>13477683
I for one love Victory, but it's for the inventive MS combat, not for the story.
>>
It's engaging so far, but it's going for that slow-burn that may or may not pay off. My only complaint is Orga's hairstyle. It's ridiculous and looks strange given the setting and tone. I know it's an anime, but still.
>>
>>13477494
> forced rivalry with /a/
>since 2007
>getting sick of
>forced
>2007

By getting your jimmy rustle by that alone make you reek of new. To be truthful, 2/10 Try again later la familia
>>
>>13478166
He's right though. There's more than a few people who post on both boards since there's a lot of content that can't be discussed here. The "It's on /a/ so its shit" argument has always been bad and doesn't actually accurately reflect the board position. I would expect a "familia" poster to try to perpetuate the rivalry garbage since "rivalry" only leads to poor posting, which is what you want.
>>
>>13478246
tbr anon, Rivalry/Competition does not lead to poor posting, it would eventually lead to a more quality posting as both board would be in a competition to outdo one another in term of posting just like what happen to /b/ when it became a shithole for example there are not many you "raff u lose" thread in /a/ nowdays since that term has been associated with /b/.

But you wouldn't know this because you are a basement dweller and haven't watch many mecha animes where the protag need a good rival to better themselves and not be a mary sue faggot.

so what you want anon is a stale non-progressing board who like the new shit just because you don't like the old shit.
>>
>>13478246
Our board philosophies are *completely* different. Its only right that we should have rivalry.
>>
>>13477634
Uso is great.
>>
>>13478246
/a/ board is a board dedicated to talk about casual anime. when a mecha anime were discuss there what do you think the general audience were?
>>
>>13478324
nice proof you've got there, moron
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.