[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shouldn't it technically be 'Tallgoose'?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1410257967676.png (304KB, 722x768px) Image search: [Google]
1410257967676.png
304KB, 722x768px
Shouldn't it technically be 'Tallgoose'?
>>
It's Tallgates.
>>
>>13469039
>Shouldn't it technically be 'Tallgoose'?

Yes.

Unless it's as Tall as a whole buncha Geese?
>>
It comes from a Muskogee Indian word relating to rivers, it has nothing to do with game fowl.
>>
>>13469039
>shouldn't he be called Goose Howard?
>>
>>13469127
This. It's as tall as many geese stacked on top of each other. Far taller than a single goose, clearly. Therefore, Tallgeese.
>>
>>13469169
>It's as tall as many geese stacked on top of each other.
Google gives me around 76 - 110 cm as the size of the average goose.
As the Tallgeese is 17.4 meters tall, that would mean around 16 to 23 geese stacked from head to rear, assuming the size of the geese we are using are the same.
>>
>>13469039
It's just a name, it's not that much of a big deal. Same way there are plenty of surnames that are just normal words but plural, Gates, Jobs, Bridges, Santos, etc.
>>
>>13469166

Source prease
>>
>>13469214

You'd be surprised how often the names in anime are actually references to something real, and not goddledygook like they first appear. Messala, Jaburo, A Baoa Qu, Ahgama, Ryvius, Qubeley... They all mean something. Those anime writers are a damn well-read bunch. They love to name-drop.
>>
Shoulda been "Tallgander"!!!

But anyway... Since all of OZ's Mobile Suits are named after constellations and stars/planets, there might be some connection to Anser (the goose star in the Vulpecula constellation) or to Cygnus (which is a swan constellation... and a swan is sorta like a "tall goose").
>>
Is there a Shortgoose?
>>
File: 20081227203347.jpg (183KB, 525x600px) Image search: [Google]
20081227203347.jpg
183KB, 525x600px
Well I'll be damned. According to Wikipedia Japan, the name is a distorted derivation of "Theurgist"!

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/トールギス

名称の由来は降霊術師(Theurgist、テウルギスト、サージスト)から。

"Theurgist" means "magician" or "miracle-worker." The katakana for theurgist is テウルギスト, pronounced sorta like "teh-oor-ghist"; that was distorted to "toohr-ghis," and that was romanized as "Tallgeese" ("tohl-ghees"). Man, that is VERY roundabout...!
>>
I wonder what Noin could have seen if she used the ZERO System
>>
>>13476838
zechs
>>
>>13476841
Yeah you're right, how boring. Noin is such a shit character with a decent design.
>>
>>13476862
pity that her character is mainly just extra character depth for another character

when she actually did stuff, it was kinda cool
>>
>>13476904
I just like that she looks good in any uniform, her OZ dress uniform, the Sanc Kingdom uniform, tank top and sweats. Though maybe her Sanc Kingdom uniform would have looked better with a more feminine garment, like a dress.
>>
>>13476904
>when she actually did stuff, it was kinda cool

All the times she stood up the Lady Une were cool at least. Got to love a bitch putting an even bigger bitch in her place.
>>
>>13469166
>citation needed
>>
File: Shocked-Face.jpg (149KB, 362x370px) Image search: [Google]
Shocked-Face.jpg
149KB, 362x370px
>>13476773

MFW
>>
File: coach z.png (28KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
coach z.png
28KB, 200x251px
>>13476773
>pronounced sorta like "teh-oor-ghist"; that was distorted to "toohr-ghis," and that was romanized as "Tallgeese" ("tohl-ghees")
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.