[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[AuraRoad] Ruins Legend Acrobunch 02

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

I have a surprise for you /m/, you dirty board you.

Finished this up last night. Would've dropped it then but by the time I was finished working on this, it was almost 4AM and I like having control of my life

Get it here:
https://auraroadsubs.wordpress.com/2015/11/02/ruins-legend-acrobunch-02-and-01-v2/
>>
>>13447420
I forgot to mention I did a quick v2 of Ep1 while I was at it. It's mainly just tweaking a few lines I messed up or otherwise was dissatisfied with.
>>
Awesome. And thank you.
>>
Downloading right now. The OP song already got me hyped. Based GAO!!
>>
>>13447420
>>13447433
>AuraRoad

So.... any interest in taking the better Dunbine raws out there, and applying the subs to them while fixing the Macek garbled names?
>>
>>13447420
Did you at least check with someone who actually speaks French this time?
>>
>>13447984
That's the plan. Have the raws downloaded and the ADV subs.

>>13448001
No, sorry! I'm still looking for someone to help with that.
>>
>>13448038

Definitely planning on fixing the names? How do you plan on sourcing them? I'm honestly curious. That's bugged me for years now. I'm not sure where one finds the right master listing.
>>
File: 1103169006.jpg (38KB, 307x480px) Image search: [Google]
1103169006.jpg
38KB, 307x480px
Hiro is best boy! Jun and Ryo are shit.
>>
>>13448044
My idea thus far is to use the Aura Battler RD line as a base for the Aura Battlers, and referring to a few alternate romanizations of the romaji. Mainly the ones on this site.

http://www.oocities.org/gundam_storage/translation.htm

I'm thinking of keeping a few of the Macek tweaks, such as turning "Will-Wipps" to "Will-O' Wisps". I feel situations like that are most likely what Tomino was going for, but you never know with the show that gave us Bern Burnings and Shot Weapon.

I'd also love to do the Neo Byston Well OVA, even if it's shit, but again- nobody to translate.

>>13448070
Hiro's great.

>tfw your brother will never be a crazy, knife throwing Norio Wakamoto
>>
>>13448099
>I'd also love to do the Neo Byston Well OVA, even if it's shit, but again- nobody to translate.

I've seen the "subbed" files. It doesn't seem to dialogue heavy. If you know the shows lore, and are very patient, I think you can take the HK bootlegs and clean them up to something.... near correct. Near enough that it makes sense. It wasn't actually written by Tomino, so it should be more straightforward than his shows tend to be.
>>
BE SILENT
>>
>>13448155
I actually have some Russian .srts for those, which get a mostly coherent translation for machine TLs. I'd still rather get someone to translate it from scratch, or at least overlook those. I suppose there's plenty of time between now and the time I get a few projects finished for that to happen, though.

I've also got Russian .srts for the first Wataru OVA, but I still haven't watched that despite my fondness for fantasy mecha. Pretty sure the ARR rips that're floating around are based on Ruskie fansubs too.
>>
>>13448230
>I've also got Russian .srts for the first Wataru OVA, but I still haven't watched that despite my fondness for fantasy mecha.
Please do so. The franchise is universally loved around here, since Iuchi didn't stumble with it even once.
>>
>>13447420
The MEGA folder requires a decryption key when I try to access it.
>>
>>13448230
I'll have to get to it after finishing up the stuff airing this season.

>>13448324
Ah, shit, forgot to get that. I'll edit that in a sec.

Here's the link: https://mega.nz/#F!4o43gQoS!i_0if68_5moBBNUN0tGSZQ
>>
>>13448336
Thanks an acroBunch.
>>
You my boy, you know that? That's what you are.

>>13448038
>That's the plan
I actually think there was an anon lurking in the shadows preparing to work on Dunbine. If you all could get together, maybe you could work something out.
>>
>>13448489
If tyou're talking about an thread from a few days ago, that anon was me, actually.

Fuckin' love Dunbine, man.
>>
>>13448539
>that anon was me, actually
Heh. You're sneaky, I'll give you that.

This is perfect, actually. I've never watched all of Dunbine, though I've really enjoyed what I watched though I still think the first episode is one of Tomino's very worst.
This is the perfect incentive to watch it in full.
>>
>>13448572
Mind you, I'm not going to be tackling Dunbine right now since I'm working on other projects, but it is on the bucket list. Namely the Gaiking LoDM DVDs, and maybe a few one-offs.

Might do the BDs if those actually ever come out, and somebody like Encodergasm doesn't tackle it instead.
>>
>>13448683

EG has retired more times than Harry Callahan. I doubt we'll get THAT lucky.

But by god, EG BD Dunbine would be amazing.

I actually own every single last Tamashii. Every recolor, online exclusive, etc. I love this show.
>>
File: CS3MGrUVEAAxUwg.jpg (73KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CS3MGrUVEAAxUwg.jpg
73KB, 600x800px
Guys. Look at this. Beautiful. Those OVA's need subs more than ever.
>>
>>13449070
The Sirbine is by far my favorite Aura Battler design.

>dat majestic, galient knight look
>dat trim
>dem wings
It's a damn shame the OVA is as bad as it is. Was the Aura Phantasm photo novel ever collected?

>>13449049
EG comes out of retirement every time /m/ asks him really, really nicely. We do not deserve that man and the effort he puts in to his releases.
>>
>>13449094
>EG comes out of retirement every time /m/ asks him really, really nicely. We do not deserve that man and the effort he puts in to his releases.

This is a fucking fact.

Before he retires his plans still include: Zeta v2 encodes, Victory BDs, 0083 BDs, and maybe 0080 BDs. That's more than some encoders have ever done. All great stuff too. Also I swear I don't stalk him.
>>
>>13449094
>The Sirbine is by far my favorite Aura Battler design.

Because it's never been subbed, I've never really seen it in motion. It looks fantastic though. A much more regal Dunbine model. Just a perfect addition of flair to an already great design. Wonderful.

>It's a damn shame the OVA is as bad as it is. Was the Aura Phantasm photo novel ever collected?

What's this? Never heard of it.

Also... does anybody know just how many novels set on Byston Well Tomino has done?
>>
>>13449114
>Because it's never been subbed, I've never really seen it in motion.

Don't worry, even if New Dunbine was subbed, you'd still never see it in motion.
>>
>>13449138
Let's be fair. There are about three seconds of animation where Sirbine moves a little in the OVA. The upper half of it is obscured by shadow though.
>>
>>13449138
>>13449171

I have heard it was a rather.... budgeted project. I flipped through the good raws. It does seem very stiff. I still want to watch it. Plot could be okay. Even if it doesn't move, the Sirbine looks fantastic. And by god, anything to get just a little more Dunbine.
>>
File: Sirbine figure.jpg (719KB, 2031x3472px) Image search: [Google]
Sirbine figure.jpg
719KB, 2031x3472px
>>13449114
Having actually seen the OVA, the Aura Battlers don't actually move. You know how Toei would just slide stills of Kenshiro walking in the FotNS anime?

Movement in Neo Byston Well is literally that. The art they used is really, really quite pretty though. Shame the plot is awful, as far as I can tell.

>What's this? Never heard of it.
Back in the 80s, Sunrise was trying to turn multiple robot anime series into massive franchises, especially the Tomino ones. Dunbine is probably the only example that really got off the ground too much.

One of the things they did was a photo novel, Aura Phantasm. It's where the Zuwarth and Sirbine come from. I've never been able to find any traces of it online outside of a few pics of the models, though.

There're actually /a lot/ of Dunbine stuff I've never been able to locate online. There's several artbooks, the original Wings of Rean novels, a manga that ran concurrently with the anime, and probably countless more.

Hell, there's not even a good rip of the PSX game, as far as I know, much less a translation. Maybe I'll try and get a hold of that and rip the ISO.

As far as I know, Tomino has done six light novels set in Byston Well. Wings of Rean, six volume long series. I wonder if Byston Well's more like Dunbine or the Rean anime?
>>
>>13449211

My understanding is Garzey's Wing is the closest to the original work. Not sure how GOOD that is, as I hear Garzey's Wing was shit. There were no mecha, those were added for the anime. My understanding is Rean is a bit closer than Dunbine is. Sort of inbetween Garzey and Dunbine. We need a massive graph on all of this. And somebody who gives a shit.

BTW, you mean the Zwauth. The Zwarth was the previous model, used in the later stages of Dunbine. Confused me there man.

Oy.
>>
>>13448572
>though I still think the first episode is one of Tomino's very worst.
My favourite thing about it is how Shou has next to no reaction to being teleported to Byston Well. He just gives no shits.
>>
>>13449283

That's how you can tell it's a Tomino show. Half the reaction's are goofy as fuck nonsense.
>>
>>13449272
Oh, yeah, Garzey is absolute fucking garbage. One of the few anime that I've watched that I have no memory of beyond absolutely hating it. First taste of Byston Well, too, so I avoided Dunbine for years because of it.

Rean is bad, but as far as I can tell, it seems like that's more from it getting compressed into such a small amount of time. I wouldn't be surprised if Tomino originally planned it to be longer.

I've been tempted more than a few times to hire the Miss Dream guys to translate the novel through their Fandom Service thing, but that's incredibly expensive. Also because as far as I know, lolfang is one of the translators and should be subbing Lamune instead.

I always confuse the Zwarth and the Zwauth. Doesn't help they're practically identical.
>>
>>13449171
Oh yeah, true. Still doesn't change that God Mars had more movement animation - FUCKING GOD MARS! And New Dunbine was an OVA!

>>13449211
>Hell, there's not even a good rip of the PSX game, as far as I know, much less a translation. Maybe I'll try and get a hold of that and rip the ISO.

That'd be nice. Because it uses some of Dunbine's geography that other works don't, and has such heretical and amazing things as Sirbine WITH RANGED WEAPONRY!
>>
>>13449454
>Sirbine WITH RANGED WEAPONRY
>mfw
On second thought, no, fuck that game.

I'll probably be able to pick it up a few months after Christmas. I'll make a thread if/when I do.

Also I appreciate that this thread has turned into Dunbine General like /srwg/ has lately. It's Tomino's best work, after all.
>>
Turns out? Tomino wrote eleven more novels set in the Dunbine version of Byston Well. Aura Battler Senki.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/オーラバトラー戦記
>>
I'm using Google Translate to try to learn anything more about Dunbine. I'm desperate. Fuck.

Seems Dunbine itself is some sort of compressed version of events. Mecha don't show up until later. Rean is somewhat accurate to a later era?

I bet if we read Rean in novel form the anime would be a decent cliffs notes version of the story. It's a clip anime of a novel, rather than an existing show.
>>
>>13449360

The Dunbine and Sirbine are pretty close too. The designs in Neo seem to practically be analogous to Katoki versions of TV designs. Fancied up, but basically the same.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 217x232px
New Acrobunch?!?
MUH DICK

Thank you, /m/odest /m/an of AuraRoad!!!
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (128KB, 608x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
128KB, 608x1000px
>>13451468
This shit is ridiculous.
>>
>>13450530
Again, I've considered picking up the novels and paying Fandom Service.

But that'd cost at least 110k per novel. And while I love Dunbine, I can't justify that cost.

I've heard that the Rean manga is also quite a bit better than the anime as well, and I do have the raws, but no translation exists.

>>13450534
I think part of it is that, as far as I can remember, the Zwarth is the exact same shade of black as the Zwauth. You can tell the Sirbine apart at a quick glance because of the color scheme.
>>
>>13448683
>>13449049
>>13449094
>>13449102
Not happening again. I don't even really want to continue Victory, but I've started it already, so yeah...
>>
>>13454203
Ah, figured. Thanks for all the encodes over the years, though, man.
>>
>>13452632
>110k per novel

Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
File: 1407014826634.jpg (133KB, 1024x883px) Image search: [Google]
1407014826634.jpg
133KB, 1024x883px
>>13454577
That's a conservative estimate, too. The fact novels never really get translated by amateurs because of complex kanji and grammar just makes things worse.

Knowing Tomino is Tomino, with all the quirks that implies, it easily could break 300k a novel. At that point, I might as well just spend a few years learning the language and just do it myself.
>>
>>13454203

Don't worry, I for one don't expect you to do anything else, nor am I asking. Your plate is loaded enough for a guy who wants out. As always, I thank you for all you've done.
>>
>>13454706
...do you mean Yen?
>>
>>13457224
Nah, USD.

It's expensive, man
>>
>>13457829
I think you could find a translator willing to do a commission for a hell of a lot less than 110K. That figure doesn't even make much sense for a single novel.
>>
>>13458361
Yeah, I'll have to look into it more when I have a bit of money to toss around.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.