[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dai-Guard Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: daiguard.jpg (78KB, 440x354px) Image search: [Google]
daiguard.jpg
78KB, 440x354px
Season 2 never
>>
>>13336549

does it really need it? I mean the ending was pretty perfect
>>
>>13336901
I want to know what happens to the romances, and whether or not the Heterodyne are actually just naturally intelligent dolems because that seems kind of bullshit.
>>
>>13336549
Because you maintained safe distance from the tv screen despite the safety warning, that's why.
>>
>>13337003
>whether or not the Heterodyne are actually just naturally intelligent dolems because that seems kind of bullshit.

They're not really THAT intelligent. They're instinctual, with a series of odd instincts. The only one that can be described as intelligent is the big one over Tokyo, and even then it's iffy.

I mean, aside from that, what's the most intelligence based thing any of them does? The one destroys a Knot Buster after its used on it, and then they fuse with Kokuboga. But that's not really intelligence, that's instinctual "this thing is a threat, stop it from being a threat".
>>
>>13337346

well there was the one that turned itself into an evil copy of them. If nothing else they recognize what they're biggest threat is.

That all said I like it better this way with shit kept nice and simple. The shows not about an epic drama about war with an invader, it's a show about good people trying to help out where and when they can.

we don't need a huge villain for that
>>
>>13337350
>there was the one that turned itself into an evil copy of them. If nothing else they recognize what they're biggest threat is.

That was the one over Japan in the last episode, which... might have been intelligent? It might have had goals other than "survive" and "obtain energy" at least, since we know its presence was causing more Heterodynes to spawn (remember that there are all of two confirmed in about 13 years - one of which went undetected for quite some time - then suddenly a whole bunch showed up at once)
>>
>>13337373

I would be interested in exploring what actually causes a dimension quake

over reliance on nuclear tech drawing them in is one answer I suppose but that's a bit too hippie green peace bs for my liking
>>
>>13337399
IIRC they talk about it at some point in the series. Something to do with instability caused by earthquakes or some bullshit, and that was why the only known ones had spawned in Japan at that point, since it's a hotbed for earthquake activity and unlike, say, volcanic areas at the bottom of the ocean, it had energy sources nearby under human control that Heterodynes would go after.

(That's probably not the exact explanation, but it's been a bit since I watched Dai Guard. The reason they only show up in Japan is given, though.)
>>
>>13337403

Heterodynes would be a lot scarier if they where a global phenomena
>>
>>13337411
Not at the end of the series. After they've figured out the Heterodynes and are beginning production of Kokubogas at various points across the Earth, they start being much less of a threat. And even things like the Ice Heterodyne wouldn't be capable of causing as many issues if people just goddamn worked together (and part of the point of the finale was proving that they could)
>>
>>13336549
>Season 2 never

I am okay with this.
>>
>>13336549
Ba ba ba baaa

DaiGuard is really kind of special to me.
Are there any other shows, anime of live action, that give you similar feelings?
>>
I actually consider Daiguard an alternate reality of the Eva world, with the Akagi's being parallel versions of each other. There's some scenes in Daiguard that borrow heavily from Eva like this. You ever notice how the Hetrodyne-Daiguard is in Eva 01's colors? And how it takes a pilebunker to the face like Eva 01 took Sachiel's beam hand to the face? Or both Akagi's speaking up at the unveiling of the military's giant robot?

Daiguard is the better show by a long margin.
>>
>>13340464
To avoid a shitstorm, let's trade
>better show
for
>cheerier show
, okay? Unless you legitimately want this thread to become EVA fans and Dai Guard fans chucking shit at each other like chimpanzees at a zoo.
>>
>>13336549
Dai-Guard doesn't need one. It ended on a good note.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.