[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what was it anyway? Was it ever planned for there to be more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: Evidence_01.jpg (98KB, 641x363px) Image search: [Google]
Evidence_01.jpg
98KB, 641x363px
So what was it anyway? Was it ever planned for there to be more of them in the setting?
>>
>>13335363
IIRC it became Awakening of the Trailblazer.
>>
>>13335363
How the fug did this whale even end up here? Did he show up in a space ship or did he fly here with his bat wings?
>>
>>13335363
It was a Mi-go.
>>
>>13335363
Yes, we see another one in an Astray manga, and it apparently saved Lowe.

Yes, it was weird as fuck.
>>
>>13335363
probably a hoax like piltdown man
>>
File: Angel_skeleton.png (367KB, 626x480px) Image search: [Google]
Angel_skeleton.png
367KB, 626x480px
>>13335423
Or this
>>
>>13335423

Who would put a whale...thing's skeleton way out in space?
>>
>>13335363
It's just a whale. Colonies didn't just have people, they brought insects and animals, too. They explained in Turn-A (during that garden colony thing) that you can't just bring plants because plants need insects and animals in order to thrive. They also showed whales in the lunar colony. This is just a whale from the ancient Jupiter Empire of UC.
>>
File: Coordinating your thetans.jpg (21KB, 672x560px) Image search: [Google]
Coordinating your thetans.jpg
21KB, 672x560px
>>13335389
>>
>>13335487

It's from SEED though.
>>
>>13335489
The lunar city shown in both look very similar. That is why people bring up the moon when talking about Turn A and SEED
>>
>>13335363
>So what was it anyway?

Shit.
>>
>>13335489
They're all the same universe. SEED is just the very far future of UC, but not quite as far as Turn-A is.
>>
>>13335724
>They're all the same universe. SEED is just the very far future of UC, but not quite as far as Turn-A is.
Not this shit again. Black History doesn't mean that all universes are one and the same. They're different timelines.
>>
>>13335927

You're stupid. They are the same timeline. That's what history means you dolt.

>>13335487

Interesting explanation when accounting for the Black History. However, we know that nobody actually uses that thing when making new Gundam shows, so I wonder what the CE explanation would have been on its own? Actual, yet extinct, life on a moon, something stranger?
>>
>>13335948
>They are the same timeline.

They aren't and nowhere in any sort of official canon does it state that.

Even model kit manuals don't state that.
>>
>>13335956

You know where it was stated? In Turn-A. Where they talked about history. As in the past. And showed everything. You FUCKING IDIOT.
>>
>>13335927

UC and CE are more strongly linked than some of the other Gundams, though. The RX-78's VI is a character in one of the side stories.
>>
>>13335968
The Black History makes no goddamn sense.

Are you telling me that every time without fail, humanity builds mobile suits, get into a war, blow each other to shit, history has a global reset, then we rise from the ashes and yet somehow build suits that look like the old ones all over again?
>>
>>13335968
Turn A's black history images only included preexisting series. So CE and other AUs that came afterwards aren't included in black history if we go by what's shown.
>>
>>13335985

Apparently. Look, I'm not saying it's not without gaping flaws, but that's the story the Black History brings forward. We never have seen the complete explanation for how each era ends, how each rises from the ashes. We don't know what mechanisms have this make total sense. But clearly that's the intent.

Arguing the intent is you arguing your headcanon. Just deal son. It's robot cartoons.
>>
>>13336004

Sort of true, but the intent was for Turn-A to complete the set of all Gundams, period. So even if shows come out after it, they should still be included. It's not like stories haven't been told out of order before. And curiously, the CE actually bothered to build in references to the Black History, unlike Age, 00, etc.
>>
>>13336008
You know what's somehow even more believable than saying all the timelines happened?

That in the real world (or some parallel to it), earth gets so obsessed with the Gundam franchise that we actually go and build all the mobile suits for real. And then have a world war with them that destroys civilization. THAT is more plausible than a canon that makes no sense because I think Turn A is only 1000 years after the last thing in UC.
>>
>>13336026

Who said that's when Turn-A was? And that's still your headcanon. I don't give a fuck about your headcanon.
>>
There was a special that showed that George Glenn brought it with him when he went to Jupiter. One of these things showed up in the ocean in Astray R.
>>
>>13336037
>Who said that's when Turn-A was?

Didn't Tomino when he said G-Reco was 500 years after Turn A?
>>
>>13336004
I really can't remember where, but I want to say a magazine stated while SEED was airing that it was retroactively added.
Either way, didn't the Turn-X MG Manual say that every Gundam sans the Build Fighters universe are part of the Black History?
>>
>>13336045

He's said a lot of stuff. He trolls at times too. And he could have meant the calendar starts 500 years later, not the actual show. So that's not conclusive of dick.
>>
If you take the Black History shit seriously, you are genuinely retarded and missing the point that it's just about his history repeats itself and humans can't stop waging war.
>>
>>13336020
>Sort of true, but the intent was for Turn-A to complete the set of all Gundams, period
[citation needed]
> So even if shows come out after it, they should still be included.
No, they shouldn't, because that limits their setting.
>And curiously, the CE actually bothered to build in references to the Black History,
Which adds nothing to either work.
>unlike Age, 00, etc.
Because their plots and technological progression would make no sense as part of it.
>>
>>13336061

Which works with all the shows repeating the same cycle.

Anon, I think you misunderstand the word "retarded" and who it applies too.
>>
>>13336069
>Which works with all the shows repeating the same cycle.

Except they don't. Stuff like X and Wing end with peace and in the latter case, literally saying mobile suits were never seen again.

And in G war no longer exists because they found a better way.
>>
>>13336068
>[citation needed]

The upside down "A" meaning completion of a set. Set's still ongoing mang.

>No, they shouldn't, because that limits their setting.

But the Black History shows always do whatever they want. It's up to whoever cares enough to figure out how this all makes sense. The original shows involved didn't even make sense. A fucking piece of Australia is missing sometimes!

>Which adds nothing to either work.

Tough noogies.

>Because their plots and technological progression would make no sense as part of it.

Yeah, the Black History is dumb if you get deep into it, but too bad, that's the idea.
>>
>>13336084

Because every time humanity stopped fighting we learned our lesson and never did it again.
>>
>>13336098

If a show outright says "there were never any more mobile suits", you can't really interpret that any other way.
>>
>>13336106

The guy who made Gundam in the first place did, soo..... oh well.

Omniscient narrators are rarely to be trusted. They always get fucked over when sequels happen.

Frozen Teardrop bud?

Also, wasn't that line added/altered for America?
>>
>>13336113
Frozen Teardrop isn't canon

Also something tells me you are new here from the way you're posting and the fact you're trying to convince people that common fact is wrong.
>>
>>13336126

Every last assertion in this post is spectacularly wrong.
>>
>>13336113
Nope. I'm watching the Japanese OVA and the line is there.
>>
>>13336138
Cool proof you got there, it's pretty non-existent.
>>
>>13336139

Don't the subs use the slightly off official English subs? Or do you know moon?
>>
>>13336113
>The guy who made Gundam in the first place did, soo..... oh well.

Tomino doesn't have the final word. If another Gundam show retcons all that there's jack all he can do about it.
>>
>>13336138
Dude, Sunrise policy concerning Gundam canon is basically "Only animated entries count, unless stated otherwise." Frozen Teardrop isn't canon, since it's a written story.
>>
>>13336170

Pretty hard to retcon something as vague as "it all happened in the same timline, you people figure out the details, I'm off to make dancing Rastafarian robots."
>>
>>13336020
>CE actually bothered to build in references to the Black History

Don't remember this. But I don't remember a lot of SEED thankfully.
>>
>>13336176
Frozen Teardrop has a picture drama which is sort of animated. It's canon.
>>
>>13335363
>So what was it anyway? Was it ever planned for there to be more of them in the setting?

> Fukuda: For the whale stone and George Glan, I had no plans to go in depth. It was going to appear in episode 7 and end with "Why did that stone appear?" Those kind of settings are only there as the basis of the story... For an example, when you discuss the Iraqi War, you don't start talking about the origin of the Islamic religion. *laughs*
>>
>>13336226

Essentially a city on the moon was modeled after the one in Turn-A. That's it really. And now an anon has a rather decent Black History explanation for the whale, so that's neat.
>>
>>13336316
I don't even remember there being a whale. I watched all of SEED and even all of Destiny. But all I remember is the Jesus Yamato memes people spout here.
>>
>>13336338

Jesus Yamato technically only starts in Destiny, that's where he becomes Superman and only loses once while forcing people to comply with his nonmurder philosophy while ignoring the fact that his suit gives him the ability to do so while others can't.

Kira in Seed spends a lot of time getting kicked around, whether by best friends or people on drugs.
>>
>>13336292
Actually you do. It's surprising how many times the origins of Islam and the Shia-Sunni divide come up when talking about Middle East conflict.
>>
>>13336343
He still survives the impossible with Strike vs. Aegis.
tbh the one thing I really remember about Kira in SEED was how much he cried
>>
File: cue ghostbuster's theme.gif (105KB, 566x509px) Image search: [Google]
cue ghostbuster's theme.gif
105KB, 566x509px
>People still arguing about the extent of the Black History
>They'll still be arguing as new Gundam shows continue come out and have it make even less sense
>They're still saying it is the end of all Gundams past and future when Tomino himself said G-Reco takes place after Turn-A
Is Tomino one of the greatest trolls of all time?
>>
>>13336356
Yeah, but that's Fukuda for you. The guy is only concerned about SEED looking cool, and when discussing it with his son leaves it as simple as "war is bad m'kay"
>>
>>13336374
No, but gundam fags are the greatest autists though.
>>
>>13336379
I don't know. I think Star Trek fans give them a run for their money.
>>
>>13336384
Trek is older, pre-internet.
Its way bigger, so the core autist that much larger in number.
>>
>>13336338
It was mentioned in like only one episode. George Glenn found its skeleton out on Europa during his Jupiter mission. Which isn't entirely implausible, there is serious scientific conjecture that Europa might have life in the liquid water under its ice. It is odd that Glenn would only find one skeleton and nothing else, though. I guess life (or at least macroscopic life) evolved and then went extinct, and very few fossils survived.
>>
>>13336401
And Gundam isn't pre-internet? I don't really think you can compare the sizes of the two fanbases because of the majority of both being in two different hemispheres.
>>
>>13335948
>You're stupid. They are the same timeline. That's what history means you dolt.

It's not the autism that bothers me, but the arrogance
>>
>>13336480
If you wanna get technical, no. It's not pre-internet.
>>
>>13335474
>Who would put a whale...thing's skeleton way out in space?

I think the assertion was it CAME from out there
>>
>>13335956
>Even model kit manuals don't state that.
Actually the MG Turn X manual *does* say that.
>>13335985
Yes, that's the story. Does it make sense realistically? No. Does it make less sense than psychic teenagers waging war against war in giant robots? No.
>>
>>13336374
It should be noted that in that same panel where Tomino said G-Reco came after Turn-A he also said he'd like to see the fans make a timeline of all Gundam.
He didn't ask for a diagram of universes merging, he asked for a timeline. Singular.

Also originally he said that G-Reco went right after UC. He also answered (or rather dodged) questions about what happened at the end of UC that caused the collapse that RC is recovering from, so it wasn't a misunderstanding about what era Reco went after. Personally I think he moved Reco to post-Turn-A to squash all of the speculation that Reco sets up the world of Turn A, which would effectively mean squeezing out all the non-Tomino shows from the timeline. That's just speculation on my part, though, I've never even met him. It's also fairly likely that he just did it to bring more attention to the show by sparking months of fan debates. Some people also say he did it just to show Sunrise that his word about canon carried more weight than Sunrise's official statements.
>>
You guys do realize AUs is a MORE far-fetched explanation. Why would alternate worlds suddenly consolidate into a single timeline? Black History wasn't a transdimensional event.
>>
>>13337426
How are AU's a more farfetched explaination than "none of that stuff actually happened"?
>>
>>13337623
Then what is Black History?
>>
File: getaloadofthisguy.png (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
getaloadofthisguy.png
24KB, 200x200px
>>13337309
>counting the earliest versions of it circa 1970's-80's where in it was completely different from what was being implied by the post.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>13337426
>>13337623
>>13338039

It could be that, Calender B could be a continuation of Calendar A, like say, Universal Century, then Future Century, then After Colony, then After War, then Cosmic Era, then 00 Anno Domini, then Future Century, then Post Disaster, and finally, Correct Century as being the last Gundam calendar.
>>
>>13338484
So same timeline basically?
>>
>>13338512

Exactly, though the calendar order will have to be rotated a little though.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.