[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cyborg 009 vs Devilman JAM Project Opening / Ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 9

File: main.png (488KB, 846x1200px) Image search: [Google]
main.png
488KB, 846x1200px
It's here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCSA2yl5DyE
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>13322556
Totally hyped.
>>
>>13322718
Same
>>
>>13322812
That ending tho, it got me right with all the manga panels, too good.
>>
>>13322556
>Chill as fuck Garo OP
>Now the 009 vs Devilman songs are great as well
Today is a good day for Jam fans
>>
>>13322851
Any link to the new Garo OP?

>>13322821
Yeah that was neat.
>>
>>13322872
http://a.uguu.se/itbqoy.webm
It's incredibly chill, I like it a lot. We still got 5 more versions to go after this as well
>>
>>13322877
that was pretty good.
>>
>>13322556
Listening to this again, I love how sinister sounding they made the Devilman song
>>
>>13322952
I would love to know the lyrics.
>>
The new characters look good.
>>
>>13323198
This.
For all the fuss there apparently was somewhere else about 0018 being sexualized for being naked but having no cock, I saw 0014 was naked but doesn't have one either. It's the animators deliberately doing featureless nudity, or a cyborg thing. No big deal.
>>
File: 1391721296877.png (217KB, 369x358px) Image search: [Google]
1391721296877.png
217KB, 369x358px
Whose dick i gotta suck before they animate a Nagai work that actually looks the way he drew his shit
>>
>>13323280
Shin Mazinger was pretty close.

Kouji looked the closest to the original manga in that one.
>>
File: img000050.jpg (151KB, 824x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000050.jpg
151KB, 824x1200px
>>13323280

Animation budget can't handle this quality.
>>
File: devilman.jpg (277KB, 1024x803px) Image search: [Google]
devilman.jpg
277KB, 1024x803px
>>13323280
The modern audience is too cancerous to appreciate his style. It's doubtful we'll ever get another true Nagai production again.
>>
Looks like it might be time for me to grab the popcorn
>>
>>13323387
Sorry to hear your butthurt, but the last Nagai productions have all been quite faithful to his designs.

There were updates, sure, but his signature style has never been gone entirely from the design. Nagai's trait is very recognizable in Enma-kun Meeramera even if the designs are modernized.

Sure, SKL's main characters looked bishounen, but the hair, the sideburns and the cameos (slum queen etc, kiba) look close enough to their original counterpart in Violence Jack.
>>
>>13323280
It's just not possible to have a budget large enough to fully animate those delicious sideburns.
>>
>>13323439
>Sure, SKL's main characters looked bishounen
Nagai can draw good looking men when he want to. In fact, nw that you mention Violence Jack, Mondo and Tatsuma are recurring characters and both are pretty.
>>
>>13323280
Most of the animated adaptions use Dynamic Pro artstyles, so apparently you don't need to suck any dicks you fag
>>
At this point, do you think Devilman fans would have more reason to be pissed than the Cyborg 009 fans out there?
>>
>>13323356
Wow, that Cutey Honey Ver. Ka
>>
>>13323634
Considering there hasn't been an adaptation of Devilman that was both good and faithful since the 80s I really doubt they expect anything but the worst whenever a new one is announced.
>>
amazing.
>>
>>13323509

They look like the same as any Go Nagai character, what are you talking about?
>>
>>13324251
Tatsuma is so pretty he can pass as a girl, and Mondo is kind of ruggedly hot, especially due to that scar. Probably shouldn't be responding to someone as annoying as you in the first place, but whatever.
>>
>>13324288

So it's one of those cases we need to be informed the character is supposed to be attractive? Because they look just the same as the others.
>>
>>13324345
No, just a case where you have to have an actually functioning pair of decent eyes, which we already know you lack.
>>
Does anybody have a MEGA link or something to the Devilman manga?
>>
>>13325110
Google "Dynamic Pro Scanlations"
>>
File: sweating homicidal maniac.png (147KB, 993x405px) Image search: [Google]
sweating homicidal maniac.png
147KB, 993x405px
>>13323280
>he says that while posting Hayato
>>
why is Devilman crossing over with 009?

seems an odd mix, but then again I said kingdom hearts wouldn't catch
>>
>>13322556
That OP looks based as fuck. I'm actually pretty excited for this.
>>
>>13325790
because nagai was an assistant to ishinomori, so nagai thought it would be a good idea to cross his own series with his sensei's
>>
>>13325816

that's all well and good but they just don't seem like they would mesh well
>>
>>13325841
>hat's all well and good but they just don't seem like they would mesh well
Actually they do, when you consider Cyborg 009 and Devilman's last arcs.

Both series have a huge hateboner for God.
>>
How in the flying fuck I into Cyborg 009? I've searched and looked up but I find is inconsistent crap that keeps contradicting each other. Can anyone help me?
>>
>>13325923
You read the manga.

Then read God's War which is the official conclusion.

Just be aware that Ishinomori attempted several times to end the series to no avail.

And some publications swap chapter order around. Well it's the same case with Devilman too, except Devilman is shorter.
>>
>>13325923
Read the manga first, but if you're an American be aware Tokyopop only covered up to Yomi arc, which some fans think of as the real ending anyway.

Anything past that= scanlations.
Manga's volume count varies depending on publication. Italian release uses the current edition of 27 volumes.
>>
Are there translated lyrics for these songs yet?
>>
>>13326038
Adding that unfortunately, Ishinomori Pro has put a freeze on the manga rights.

No other manga publishers in the USA could acquire it if they even wanted to.

It's (allegedly) the same case with the 2001 anime because Ishinomori Pro was part of the production committee. Funimation shut down hopes they could acquire it.
>>
>>13326051
nothing for dynamic pro either, except for the anime

although in france, dynamic pro has started to release some nagai titles, including devilman and dante shinkyoku.
>>
>>13325929
But keep in mind God's War is kind of up for debate since Ishinomori never finalized the entire story outline and scripts before his death. His older son Jo decided to try to finish his dad's work, to very mixed and heated reception due to things he did.
>>
>>13326084
But it's the official ending to the series. Whether you like it or not is your personal opinion.

You can't just ignore the ending because it didn't appeal to you.
>>
>>13326361
Yes I can.
>>
>>13326361

If it's not the original author, it's not official. The whole thing is full of inconsistencies. It doesn't even flow naturally when read after the main series. Characterization is completely off. I'm counting days they will forget that existed.
>>
>>13328296
>If it's not the original author, it's not official.
Sorry but that's not how things are declared official.

Legally speaking, the rights of Cyborg 009 belong to Ishimori Pro. God's War is their product, therefore it is official.

Whether the original author worked on it or not is irrelevant.
>>
I always like when they integrate pages from the manga into the OP/ED.

So it was nice to see the ED was made entirely of it. I thought i was cool.

Devilmind > Nine Cyborg Soldiers
>>
File: 1443460081897.jpg (39KB, 302x216px) Image search: [Google]
1443460081897.jpg
39KB, 302x216px
>>13322556
>yfw when dynamic ovas would be better if they were literally just pans of the manga pages put to JAM Project insert songs
>>
File: damn fine drugs.png (23KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
damn fine drugs.png
23KB, 250x244px
>>13328474
>yfw when
>your face when when
>>
>>13328423
this is a jun kawagoe thread

you're not allowed here

go away
>>
>>13328474
Ken Ishikawa's Yakuza Weapon did this too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfJzrBWNX8Y
>>
>>13328578
the fuk are you on about?
>>
>>13326361
>>13328360

Dude, what is your fucking damage?
Yeah, we get it, you've got a total hard-on for God's War. However, you can't seem to fathom people disliking the series at all, for all the faults it has. Just as you have the grounds to call it official because Ishimori Pro made it "legally speaking", others have their grounds for not accepting it as official well: if it's not by done by the pen of Ishinomori himself, then people are completely justified to not consider it his work, or even consider it his intended ending with all the changes they made from his notes.

https://www.ebookjapan.jp/ebj/news/detail/?news_id=26551

Consider this. Recently, Ishimori Pro released a remake of the classic Kubikuro story, with very bland artwork by Sugar Suto (the guy who worked on the majority of God's Wars after chapter 9. His chapters are considered the ones with the most shitty artwork in God's War) By your logic, we're supposed to accept the new Kubikuro story replacing the old version actually done by Ishinomori because the new version was "approved" by Ishimori Pro.
>>
No Niggerlips... WHY ARE THERE NO NIGGERLIPS!?
>>
>>13328537
>tfw you realize Ryo lied about it being laced with drugs in order to look cool in front of his crush
>>
>>13329955
Not that guy, just replying to you to say there are some further works not really considered Cyborg 009 canon because of the different authors or artists.
God's War just seems to be a sticky situation because it's considered the official final chapter, but was done in a way that did not adhere to certain notes.
>>
>>13329955'
It's you who doesn't get it.

>you've got a total hard-on for God's War.
I don't.

>However, you can't seem to fathom people disliking the series at all, for all the faults it has
I can fathom people disliking the series.

>others have their grounds for not accepting it as official well
Right, but they're wrong for doing so.

>if it's not by done by the pen of Ishinomori himself, then people are completely justified to not consider it his work
Except that's not what I said?

You can consider God's War not his work. That's your opinion. Some may consider that it is his because it's partly based on his notes. However, the manga itself is OFFICIAL, released by Ishimori Pro. This is a FACT, not an OPINION.

Holy shit, why is that so hard to get?
>>
>>13331833

The Re 009 movie was also supposed to be a sequel to the manga, officially released by Ishimori Pro and it's also an alternative take on the same storyline. Which one is more official?
>>
>>13331833
>Some may consider that it is his because it's partly based on his notes.

It's a shallow subversion of his notes.
>>
>>13331848
Whether it's a sequel or not is irrelevant. That's not the point.

Whether something is official or not is not based on your personal feelings.

If God's War wasn't approved by Ishimori Pro, then it would be considered a doujin.

It's not a scale to see which is more official or not. It either is, or it's not. (a doujin).
>>
>>13322556
>dat fucking ending
I'm diamonds.
Can't wait for the full version.
>>
It's the same with people calling Dragonball GT not canon.

They're mixing things up.

Dragonball GT is an official Toei product. Whether Toriyama worked on it or not is again irrelevant.

The official government story of 9/11 was that terrorists attacked. Just because some people don't believe in it doesn't make it any less official.

BUT just because it's official doesn't make it true. It just makes it official because it was released by a legal body.
>>
>>13331961

So, God's War is the equivalent of 9/11 for Cyborg 009. Yeah, I can see it.
>>
File: 006_sfo-385.png (170KB, 335x244px)
006_sfo-385.png
170KB, 335x244px
>>13332479
melting steel beams
>>
>>13332479
Just because the official story is not accurate, also doesn't mean that the other story is any more truthful.
>>
File: mycitynow.png (39KB, 242x196px) Image search: [Google]
mycitynow.png
39KB, 242x196px
>>13331961
If people can deny that the moon landing happened, I can deny that God's War is automatically canon.
>>
>>13331848
They also had Kamiyama and Sato do a one-shot to connect the original manga to RE: Cyborg, even though if you read it, there are inconsistencies with both the manga and when the team was said to split up.
It's more like that one-shot and RE: should be taken as sequels to Kamiyama's ideas of the manga.
>>
>>13332784
>people still deny the moon landing happened
>you share a planet with these people
>>
>>13332913
There's also people who still argue that the world is flat for realz. This is why we to need to create a science empire and kill off all humans who hold us back.
>>
>>13328592
Thats fucking great.
>>
>>13333291
>This is why we to need to create a universal robot hivemind and strilize all humans.
fixed
>>
>>13331833

>I don't.
Sure sounds like you do there. In fact, you're probably getting a boner from defending God's War right now
>>
>>13331961

>The official government story of 9/11 was that terrorists attacked. Just because some people don't believe in it doesn't make it any less official.
Wow, playing the 9/11 card now, huh? You're much more of a moron than I thought before, that's quite an accomplishment!
>>
God's War was a conspiracy. Ishinomori's notes were buried with him as his last wish. He was afraid they could get in the hands of his sworn enemy, Haim Saban. One year later, Saban sent his undercover agents to retrieve the notes from Ishinomori's tomb, but what they found was actually the concept for Kamen Rider Kuuga, which was eventually sold for Toei as they threatned prohibiting him to use more Super Senta footage as Ishinomori did in the past for ruining the work of his life, Kamen Rider Black RX.

And here comes the irony, Black RX was the last entry in the Kamen Rider series. God's War was orginally announced as the conclusion of Ishinomori's life work. But it turned out Kamen Rider was the work he put more love and care, and his last phrase was misinterpreted as he was referring to Cyborg 009 all along. From previous attempts at concluding the series, he meant Black RX. But when Saban got the rights and destroyed his precious work in the front of all world, he had to start from zero. And thus, Kamen Rider Kuuga was born. And everything went into a full cycle. The aforementioned God's War was actually the concept for Kamen Rider Agito, the Kuuga sequel, which would conclude his vision.
>>
>>13333858
>Sure sounds like you do there
Nope. Point to me where I defended God's War story and characters.

God's War is officially sponsored by Ishimori Pro. No matter how much you deny it, it will always be 009's official sequel. Like I said, your feelings are completely irrelevant.

My feelings for God's War is non-existent because
Cyborg 009 is an episodic series where whether it had an ending or not is irrelevant because of how the story is structured . Even if I cared enough about God's War, my feelings too is completely irrelevant.

At this point you're sounding a lot like axl-fox. You want to ignore something, but you can't, and therefore lash out at any mention of God War being official. (Because it simply is. Boohoo. Go cry me a river.)
>>
>>13334080
it probably is axl tbh
>>
>>13333965

Of course, the God's War we eventually got was only the initial phase of an rather elaborate plan. As you may know, Ishinomori was a well-known racist, which was made obvious by the use of racial stereotypes in 009 in order to make fun of the western countries. Naturally, his sons, Jo and Akira Onodera, inherited his values and elaborated an very complex plan to piss off their western fans just for the sheer hatred of them. The main targets were Italy and the US, as they noticed there was a large concentration of fans from these two countries, Jo released God's War to piss off the italian fans, but Akira wanted something more elaborate. After years of planning, he finally worked alongside Go Nagai to release the ultimate bomb that would show their hatred towards american fans, And that was the Cyborg 009 vs Devilman project. That's it, folks, we're all victims of a very elaborate prank.
>>
>>13334161
I wouldn't be surprised if some crazy 009 fan believes that.

This is how fakeass conspiracy theories spring up all the time.
>>
>>13334080
>Says the guy comparing God's War to 9/11
At this point, I'll take Ishimori Pro much more seriously than I'll ever take you. To be honest, I couldn't care less about whether God's War is official, or what other fans' perceptions are about. It happened, not much really of fan of it, but whatever. You're just comedic gold at this point!

Go ahead and jerk-off that raging God's War boner of yours. It seems to appear anytime anyone mentions God's War on here, not for the characters or plot, but whenever you get to cry "It's official, deal with it! What's so HARD to understand about that!?"
>>
>>13325790
kingdom hearts much a crossover to begin with it was suppose to be square disney game featuring final fantasy characters it's mostly focus on it's original character i wouldn't call it a crossover no more
>>
>>13334271
You still haven't pointed out how this analogy to 9/11 is invalid. Even RE Cyborg 009 brought 9/11 up.

You're all talk with zero arguments.

>It's official, deal with it!
Correct. Now can you point out to me how God's War is not official?

I'm waiting.

Oh, and personal feelings don't apply. In fact, your entire post make you sound exactly like axl-fox. I hope you realize how incredibly delirious you're being right now.
>>
>>13334271
>>13334299
>To be honest, I couldn't care less about whether God's War is official, or what other fans' perceptions are about

You seem to have missed this very important part. God's War is official for all I care, yet you need to face it: there's gonna be other people out there who won't ever see it that way. Live with it.

It's the mere fact you brought up fucking 9/11 at all in this topic about Japanese cartoons really shows how seriously you take yourself in this topic, and concerned about how "solid" you want you argument to seem. And in this thread, and in threads of the past, you're also so passionate and self-righteous about how correct and informed you are, you're making yourself look like a total jackass.
>>
>>13334455
>there's gonna be other people out there who won't ever see it that way. Live with it.
I'm aware of that, but like I said, personal feelings are irrelevant to the facts.

>It's the mere fact you brought up fucking 9/11 at all in this topic about Japanese cartoons really shows how seriously you take yourself in this topic
I still do not see why it shouldn't be brought up and why it's invalid. Your personal feeling about why you think the topic is ridiculous is irrelevant.

>you're also so passionate and self-righteous about how correct and informed you are
I wouldn't say passionate or self righteous, but I am correct. Even you agreed.

>you're making yourself look like a total jackass.
I'm a total jackass because I'm right? Okay bro, but like I said, your opinion of me is irrelevant.

God's War is official. I personally don't care, but it's official. I'm just making fun of people who take cartoons so seriously that they go to extreme lengths to erase some work from their memory, instead of just facing up to the facts. It's just one cartoon, but you people are so mad over God's War it's hilarious.
>>
>>13334511
>I'm just making fun of people who take cartoons so seriously that they go to extreme lengths to say terrorists attacks where thousands of people died and resulted in elaborate conspiracy theories are completely relevant and fitting to the discussion. It's just one cartoon, but you get so mad over God's War it's hilarious.
>>
>>13334554
I'm not talking about 9/11 though. I'm using it for comparison. Directly talking about a topic and using it for comparison are not the same things.

It's a valid comparison. Whether you think it's ridiculous or not is irrelevant to its validity.

I'm not discussing with you to hear your personal opinions on subject matters like 9/11.
>>
Give it a rest, you fucking idiots. What do we know about this crossover?
>>
>>13334141
Man if it were her just from a glance? She'd be a lot more scathing, and probably angrily blogging on Tumblr about how wrong people are on the internet because they like something she didn't. Probably would throw in Re:Cyborg and ova.

>>13334268
Probably her tbh. Didn't she think the ova was proof westerners were hated by Ishimori Pro and they didn't want to give the loyal fans a True and Honest anime?
>>
>>13334623
Okay guy, here's what we got so far

>Alternate universe story taking place before Armageddon of Devilman, and the Underground Empire Yomi arc of Cyborg 009
>Professor Gill-like guy named Dr. Adams made four (probably five) new cyborgs to take out 00 cyborgs for being traitors
>Demons in Tokyo for some reason, probably to do with him
>Devilman and 009 cross paths and mistake each other for enemy
>>
>>13334623
So far, Devilman side includes Ryo and a demon or two among the cast, while 009 has the Mythos cyborgs, among others.
>>
>>13335200
>Production is purportedly 80% Cyborg 009, 20% Devilman from rough estimates by fans
>Psycho Jenny and Satan seen in opening, but no telling yet if they're actually in the episodes or just a shoutout for Devilman fans
>Giant-ass bird demon seems to be the big boss
>Jinmen and Mythos stories are cut down to highlights and climax, and open up the plot
>
>>
>>13335202
The Mythos ones so far just look to be Apollo and Helena. Any others that could appear are probably silent cameos and nods to the story.

The High Teens cyborgs are new characters made for the OVA and seem to be the main bad guys. Some people think they're Mary-Sues spitting on Ishinomori's grave but whatev.
>>
>>13335236
>Some people think they're Mary-Sues spitting on Ishinomori's grave but whatev.

And they got to that conclusion by watching less than a few seconds on a trailer?
>>
>>13335285
Yeah that's it.

Once they were revealed to be further 00 numbers it was used as more proof IshimoriPro is letting the property be defiled. Since Ishinomori never made a 0014 and on, so this is canon ruin. Not to me, those guys.
>>
>>13335222
>Production said to feel in the tone of the 2001 Cyborg series

Anyone's got anything else feel free to add it in here.
>>
>>13335236
Achilies is confirmed aswell, just no character model
>>
>>13335326
>those guys
you mean axl fox and only axl fox
>>
>>13335776
Think that person has a few supporters but yea from past threads she's kind of a one-fan megaphone.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.