[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gunbuster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: buster beam.gif (1MB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
buster beam.gif
1MB, 400x302px
Gunbuster thread

What is up with the different Japanese dubs here?

https://youtu.be/e_GORPaK0j4

https://youtu.be/l0vCY3I5yxo
>>
>>13322360
For the bluray release they redid the audio, I think they still included the original audio though.
>>
It got redubbed by the same actors for whatever reason on the BDs.
Also what >>13322374 said.
>>
>>13322360
I prefer the accentuation on the first one, the "Gunbuster" cry sounds a lot better
>>
I need to rewatch this show.
Probably should see diebuster at some point too
>>
>>13323741
I watched diebuster expecting gunbuster 2, I was VERY disappointed
>>
>>13323803
I'm told its real different. I wont get my hopes up, dont you worry.
>>
Why is this anime praised so much? It was fucking terrible, literally the only good things about it were the details made to make earth more realistic, and the visuals.

The story was weak as all hell and timeskipped far too much without building any of the character relationships to any meaningful degree. Hell, everything about their behaviour seemed far too spontaneous since there was virtually no buildup for anything.
>>
>>13323816
You can get your hopes up; Diebuster's actually pretty damn good in its own right. Not as good as Gunbuster, but still great.

Just don't make >>13323803's mistake. Don't go in expecting Gunbuster 2, and you should enjoy it just fine.
>>
>>13323741
>I need to rewatch this show.

There's only one reason people rewatch Gunbuster.
>>
>>13322374
The BDs do have the original audio, but if you want to torrent the BD release that actually includes it, get EG's release. The Revo release omits the original audio for whatever reason.
>>
>>13327129
Hi there, I couldn't help but notice your shit taste. Could you keep it down from now on?
>>
>>13327271
Good argument. Seriously, what about Gunbuster was actually good? The only things I can think of were when she finally got in the Gunbuster, but that was preceeded by constant bitching to the point where it felt more like a "fucking finally" moment rather than something that's actually good on it's own. The other one would be when they combined, which honestly had lost all value when the other girl made the entire situation basically lose value through implying that her relationship with Coach, which I remind you was barely expanded upon at all, somehow was worth even a moment of hesitation in the face of saving billions of people.

The character development was shit, the relationships were shit, the story timeskipped more times than it could handle, they introduced a character for the sole reason of killing him off and then spent time acting as if it had actually mattered, and they added more relationships than it could handle. This isn't just the problem of it being 6 episodes, 6 episodes would've been a fine length as long as it hadn't bloated itself with far more than it could reasonably develop to a level where it would carry weight.
>>
>>13327286
Ever heard of opinions? Yours happens to be in the minority in this case.
>>
>>13327425
I'm not complaining about being the minority, I'm asking what people even see in this show. I honestly have trouble coming up with anything positive beyond the few things in my first post. It's to the point where even the average seasonal show has more substance than this.
>>
This show stopped being good once the Aim for the Ace parody was over.
>>
>>13327453
No.
>>
>>13327286
>they introduced a character for the sole reason of killing him off and then spent time acting as if it had actually mattered

I think that went over your head. Because that was the entire point of it. Yes, the romance stuff was annoying and down right forced on Coach's side, but the death of that guy was actually really cool and important from a space battle perspective. She never even saw the enemy, and also the new friend, doesn't even know how he died.
>>
I prefer the original dub over the new dub. It's got more passion and shouting. Also makes Noriko and Oneesama more manly which is a problem I had when they did the Super Inazuma Kick in the new SRW game. Sounded too scripted and lifeless.

>>13327286
You clearly paid too much attention to the plot. The show was gratifying for the level of 80s cliche and epic moments. Noriko's character development may have been boring but I think it was pree well structured and follows a Rocky-like regiment.

>Ep 1 - Noriko learns to harness the bullying towards learning to fight
>Ep 2 - Noriko learns that she's insignificant compared to the greater scheme of things
>Ep 3 - Noriko experiences loss for the first time
>Ep 4 - Noriko decides to sacrifice herself for her friends so that people like Smith doesn't have to die
>Ep 5 - Noriko understands the importance of killing the space monsters and encourages Kasumi
>Ep 6 - There's no going back but Noriko becomes a selfless hero for humanity

Been a while since I've sat through Gunbuster back to back but that was the barebone character development for Noriko. If you compare that to Diebuster, Nono's character development seemed so much more confusing because the show had too many supporting cast members.
>>
Best Buster Machine coming through....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1LiiP2zFc

dat 44k attack doe...
>>
>>13329904
>Noriko experiences loss for the first time
That's wrong, not criticising your point it's just a fact she felt loss when her father died, then she relived that in episode 2
>>
>>13331433
Maybe it was for the audience more than noriko?
>>
>>13322409
I think so as well, the original is pretty much unbeatable
>>
>>133329904
make it
>Smith died because of her, his death made noriko realize that her being weak would only get more people hurt.
now should be good
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.