[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's the End of Envangelion, but instead of Eva 01, Shinji

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: eva-series-smiles.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
eva-series-smiles.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
It's the End of Envangelion, but instead of Eva 01, Shinji is using Turn-A Gundam.

Using the strongest 'Real Robot' in media, can Shinji (or another pilot) destroy the MP Evas and stop Third Impact using Turn-A?
>>
Well since they needed EVA-01 to start Third Impact yeah, they've kind of already won by virtue of it not being there.
>>
>>12547551
Well, all right, let's say Eva-01 is still in NERV due to the orange tar, so Shinju used Turn-A instead, but if Turn-A can't defeat them, they still get Eva-01.
>>
No, because Eva is not a setting in which good things ever happen.

Otherwise, sure, if Moonlight Butterfly's nanomachines are small enough that they can pass through AT Fields the way air and light can. Anime Turn A's beam rifle might be able to power through a field, Black History Turn A's colony laser rifle should definitely be able to.
>>
If the MP EVAs failed, did SEELE have a Plan C?
>>
>>12547532
Turn A isn't that powerful. It's just a mobile suit that's extremly envornmentally unfriendly.

Inb4 novel bullshit, the one in the show can't teleport or regenerate fast and if the pilot dies he dies.

SRW rules: Turn-A could overpower the AT fields with the beam rifle and possibly win if it avoids being eaten.
TV rules: Turn-A is unable to damage them.
>>
>>12547633
>Turn-A could overpower the AT fields with the beam rifle
But that happened in the Eva anime as well, see: Positron rifle vs. Ramiel.

Also I can't remember, did the Mass Produced Evas ever demonstrate any offensive or defensive AT Field usage while they were battling Asuka?
>>
>>12547532
No.
Shinji has no clue how to pilot a gundam.
He'd die horribly.
>>
>>12547633
>Turn A isn't that powerful.

It is powerful though, we just don't see that shit happen in the show because nobody who pilots it knows its full potential and there aren't any Newtypes. The G-Self was already pulling crazy shit with the Perfect Pack, and that was with Bellri intentionally limiting its output. The Turn A is that with another few thousand years of technological advancement plus a suit from the NTs that left the solar system floating back.
>>
>>12547637
No
>>
>>12547686

The Turn-A does actually pull some fancy tricks in show that make it quite powerful even just limiting it to those, it's just that it does them only once or twice and the show doesn't really act like it's special or notable for doing so.

It spreads out a beam shield over a large area, protecting several other spread out suits in the process, indicates that it can nullify nuclear radiation from a detonation (though this is rather ambiguous honestly, and it could simply be detecting it rather than nullifying it), turns itself invisible or teleports and uses the nanomachines as a shield/weapon to eat a fuckload of missiles. Merrybell's use of the Moonlight Butterfly also creates some rather chaotic weather in what is implied to be short order, including hurricanes that cover a mountain range.

It's not a be-all/end-all suit just basing it on those alone, but it's pretty high up there.
>>
>>12547686
Being built later does not guarentee that it's a more powerful machine. If anything I would say you example given reason to beleive that the G-Self is the more powerful unit. You can't judge a unit based on what it never actually does onscreen.
>>
>>12547628

Aside from build more MP Eva's and maybe try again later no. They'd probably have used their full wealth and power to bring Hell down on Nerv and kill everyone who survived, but for the moment, no, if the MP Eva's were actually destroyed they'd have no third impact.
>>
>>12547640
Pretty much. If he had had time to be trained in the Turn-A, he's a pretty competent pilot. But if you tried to pull what happened in the first episode of Eva and toss him in there in school clothes and no prior knowledge, he's toast because he doesn't have him mom around to look after him.
>>
>>12547969

> His mom was a newtype pilot who died in the cockpit fighting the Turn-Exa and had her soul absorbed in to the unit, Blue Destiny style

> When Shinji's in trouble she takes over the helm and goes berserk, reducing all of creation to dust to protect her little boy

Kind of want.
>>
Come to think of it, I don't remember the MP Evas ever deploying AT fields. Asuka was able to punch them as if they didn't even have one.
>>
File: Kaworu dummy plugs.jpg (66KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kaworu dummy plugs.jpg
66KB, 853x480px
>>12548062
No, they didn't. They were piloted by soulless Kaworu clone dummy plugs. They didn't need it because they had the S2 Engine which allowed them to regenerate all the damage taken and the Copy-Lances which could still pierce Asuka's AT Field and presumably anything else they needed it to.
>>
>>12548048
>Blue Destiny style
Who would be Nimbus?
>>
>>12548085
You'd think the Turn A's rifle could outright vaporize pieces of them then.
>>
>>12548119
Can't they just grow them back then though due to the S2 engines?
>>
File: Soryu Family Picnic.jpg (91KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Soryu Family Picnic.jpg
91KB, 600x399px
>>12548119
Hopefully vaporize enough of each of them before they can pull themselves together.
The majority of their fight with Asuka seemed them just toying with her. Playing around and wasting time.
When they got serious, she didn't last long at all.
And even if the Turn-A goes at them with its rifle, can it take out nine of them before just one of their bullshit pierce-everything lances gets to it?
>>
>>12548130
You could always aim for the goddamn core instead of just trying to maim them
>>
>>12548132
Well, maybe Turn-A could use Moonlight Butterfly as a shield to eat up those lances before it gets Asuka'd.
>>
>>12548163
it also helps to dodge instead of taking a hit specifically designed to guard break
>>
File: mountain.jpg (64KB, 875x510px) Image search: [Google]
mountain.jpg
64KB, 875x510px
I'm here to remind everyone that a MA from early UC with 1/10 of the Turn A's power out managed to vaporize half a mountain while also powering two battleship/MA class minovsky crafts.

I don't what the fuck they're doing in UC to make the beams less devastating (this is actually fact, in F91 beams typically burst when they hit a surface instead of puncturing it completely like older beams did), but the Turn A should have more than enough power to obliterate mountains.

Also, I imagine the MLB would destroy any mechanical parts of the evas, including the plugs and armor.
>>
File: 1341608114149.jpg (993KB, 2468x3504px) Image search: [Google]
1341608114149.jpg
993KB, 2468x3504px
>>12548150
You can try.
>>12548163
There's the rub. Can the Turn-A win without activating Super Ultra Bullshit Reset Mode?
Probably. But it won't be easy.
>>
While we're doing reminders:

Reminder that the MP Evas don't regenerate, that's an animation error on behalf of Gainax, and staff have admitted to such in interviews. They merely ignore the damage taken.
>>
>>12547561
Question, Turn A's nanomachines only affect metal but the MP Evas are mostly organic. Is their enough metal in them to be disabled by Moonlight Butterfly?
>>
>>12548163
I-Fields in Turn A can block physical objects. Harry and his squad used handheld I-field generators to put the Turn X in stasis, but the moonlight butterfly completely overwhelmed them. Pretty sure Harry has also blocked missiles a few times using the I-field.

The Turn A has a much more powerful barrier though. When Harry's Sumo tried to block a WaDom's main cannon it ended up exploding after blocking the beam, but the Turn A never has any problem blocking it, though there is that one time it caused the beam to scatter across the surface.
>>
>>12548200
>When Harry's Sumo tried to block a WaDom's main cannon it ended up exploding after blocking the beam
I mean the hand-held I-field generator exploded, not the Sumo, though it lost its arm in the explosion.
>>
File: 1360139872769.png (2MB, 1086x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1360139872769.png
2MB, 1086x1447px
>>12548194
If the MP Evas are anything like the others in the series, then removing their mechanical components is a very bad idea. The armor isn't just to protect the Eva, it's also to protect the world FROM the Eva within.
>>
>>12548177
>Treating the Apsalus III's beam as being anything even remotely canonical
I'm pretty sure it goes without saying that that scene was completely bullshit by all standards, since the Apsalus III is shown to somehow have superior fire to the colony laser and the solar ray.
>>
>>12548194
One of the components to the Evas running, the dummy plug, is fully metal so I imagine it'd either shut down or go berserk when that component is eaten by nanomachines.
>>
>>12548209
>>12548217
So on one hand, moonlight butterfly would certainly derail SEELE's plan.

On the other, it's also a Very Bad Idea.
>>
>>12548210
The Apsalus III's gun was more on par with a late UC battleship cannon. This makes sense since the entire Apsalus II was built around that one gun and the minovsky float system to move it.
>>
File: 1354574264658.jpg (147KB, 900x501px) Image search: [Google]
1354574264658.jpg
147KB, 900x501px
>>12548209
Well, you've saved the world from SEELE's Third Impact. But now you've turned nine MP Eva units into essentially nine angels.
Good luck.
>>
>>12548245
Oops, meant to respond to >>12548232
>>
>>12548182
Isn't the point of this exercise pitting Turn A's Super Ultra Bullshit again Eva's Mega Apocalyptic Bullshit?
>>
>>12548256
That's what these threads usually are. I much prefer the discussion of the more practical aspects each combatant.
Because when it comes to bullshit vs bullshit, it's just fanboyism at war.
>>
>>12548245
You only need to permakill one. They need all 9 for the ritual.
>>
>>12548270

Can a MP Eva survive in space? Can it maneuver in space? Cause if not, all it really needs to do is grapple one using it's Gundam Hammers and teleport to space.
>>
>>12548270
For the Anti-AT Field, yes. They also needed Lilith.
I was just pointing out that you turned nine colossi loose on the world with unlimited energy in their chests nothing to control or constrain them them anymore.
>>
>>12548278
Well the question was if it could stop 3rd impact. That would.
>>
>>12548210
What? The Solar Ray wiped out 1/3 of the EFSF IIRC. The entertainment bible puts the fleet at ABQ at over 200. And depending on the number of MS you use (the numbers vary wildly) we're talking about a little over a hundred or several hundred to a few thousand MS destroyed. Not to mention the Zeon ships that were destroyed.

In any case, with a salamis weighing in at 22,000 tons the Solar Ray probably melted over a million tons of military grade metals, plus MS had some sort of anti-laser coating that apparently made lasers obsolete. Ultimatemark also says both side's MS had semi-transparent coating, which is also found on the Solar Ray. Gundamwiki, citing Gundam Officials and the MSG novels, says it was used to deflect lasers.
>>
>>12548316
Rather, I should say vaporized since there's no trace left of Revil's entourage and the fleet that was wiped out.

I'd probably say vaporizing 1/3 of the EFSF sounds more incredible than destroying part of a small mountain.

Also, the Solar System just reflected the sun's light using some insanely efficient mirrors.
>>
>>12548245
Since we determined Moonlight Butterfly fucks up AT Fields, can't Turn-A just use that to void them and beat the shit out of them once they turn Angel?
>>
>>12548327
It shouldn't sound more incredible, because ships aren't made of dense rock. The solar ray was fired on Solomon and all it did was singe the edge really badly. It didn't blow a hole through the entire asteroid.
>>
Also, friendly reminder that even using Moonlight Butterfly doesn't equal Earth getting fucked over. Both Turn-A AND Turn-X uses it during the course of the anime and Earth doesn't get fucked over. You wouldn't need to use it at full power during the fight, just enough that the nanomachines cover the selected area.
>>
>>12548486
If Turn A has to use Moonlight Butterfly, essentially its last resort, to strip the MP Evas of their armor, what use will be be when the Evas are released from all constraints?
Remember, that's the armor's primary function on the Evas.
>>
>>12548523
I thought with Angels though is that conventional weapons work fine on them, it's just that the Angel's AT Field blocks all of it. Get rid of the AT Field, and it's a sitting duck to nukes, especially since Turn-A carries around nukes in its chest.
>>
File: 1357888627167.jpg (43KB, 248x314px) Image search: [Google]
1357888627167.jpg
43KB, 248x314px
>>12548531
That's the thing, the angels are powered by PLOT. Not all of them show an AT Field. Hell, Sachiel in the first episode tanked and N2 mine without deploying an AT Field. It wasn't until it started to battle Unit 01 that it showed a field.
Point just is, the MP Evas would only get exponentially more powerful if released from all their control components.
Not to mention, since they wouldn't be piloted anymore, they'd start to develop a soul of their own, meaning they'd get AT Fields.
>>
>>12548548
Well, let's give Turn-A it's own soul too. QUICK, INSTALL AN EXAM SYSTEM IN TURN-A!

Then again, Turn-A DID move by itself in Episode 2/3. Maybe it does have a weak sense of a soul already in it.
>>
>>12548568
Also, in theory, if you did install an EXAM system in Turn-A, would that allow anyone to use Turn-A's full power, since the EXAM system takes out the requirement of being a newtype to access the good stuff?
>>
>>12547760
>>12547730
Remainder that Turn A ability in the novel is actually came as Bamrise official world-building setting for Turn A and G-Self Perfect Pack is like miniaturized (?) Turn A as Akiman said.
Turn A is the end line of real roboto mobile suit.
>>
>>12547558
That was Bakelite AKA the plastic shit AK grips and Magazines are made from.
>>
>>12547633
>mfw he didn't know about System Turn A-99 Full Equipment
>>
>>12548603
EVA bakelite has jack shit to do with the real material. this is documented, git gud.
>>
Reminder; the nanomachines affect all technology, likely to include anything that's been bioengineered. They are also canonically perfected DG cells (because bamco trying to tie G Gundam into the UC-CC continuity is supposed to be fucking cute or something), which affect organic tissue by default.
>>
>>12548654
Angel, Evas, TTG, GE and ELS will disintegrate then.
>>
>>12548497
No, you're confusing the Solar System with the Solar Ray. The Solar Ray is Zeon's colony laser, which has its own power system. The Solar System was just a massive array of mirrors that reflect sunlight onto Solomon's surface.
>>
File: museru.jpg (6KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
museru.jpg
6KB, 200x150px
how about if instead of Shinji piloting Turn-A Gundam, we have Chirico pilot it
>>
>>12548210
>>12548316
>>12548327
>>12548497
The solar SYSTEM was fired at Solomon.

And remember one is a Megaparticle cannon which is usually more destructive but shorter ranged. The other is a laser, lasers need a LOT of power to beat a semitransparent.

>>12548548
We're not sure WHAT would happen to an MP Eva that lost contact with its plug clone thing.

>>12548603
>>12548615
It's orange and it's called Bakelite. It's not ACTUAL Bakelite from the Glorious Motherland but it's still a cool nod to it.
>>
What if instead of Shinji, we have Yu Kajima piloting Eva-01 during EoE? He's used to fucked up stuff, and maybe could even talk to Yui.
>>
>>12548486

Did we determine that? I thought there was still an unknown question of whether or not the AT Field would neutralize the nanomachines the moment they became hostile.

Remember, the AT Field is not a forcefield. It is a reality-rewriting power. AT Fields can no-sell attacks, sure, but they can also generate antimatter at will (Ramiel), create pocket dimensions (Leliel), allow for nigh-instantaneous shapeshifting (Iruel, Armisael) and with a big enough AT Field you can block out everything, down to neutrinos and gravity (Kaworu's AT Field) or reshape the entire planet in a matter of minutes (Adam/Lilith).

Hell, the very existence of Iruel means that its not impossible for AT Fields to affect nano-scale, Iruel was an angel that WAS nano scale.
>>
>>12549388

He dies, I think. Absorbed by the Eva.

There is a reason why Nerv only uses child pilots, born after the second impact. The first round of test pilots they tried to use got eaten.
>>
>>12547532
>Third Impact
>Turns everyone into Tang collective consciousness jelly
>Moonlight Butterfly
>destroys biological entities and mechanical devices so hard that sends them from G-Reco level of technology to the beginning of the industrial period...if it's lucky

Well the question is, how do you want the world to end, with everyone dead in a dream state that has become cliche, or only 1/3rd of America to be alive and forced to rebuild the entire planet's infrastructure into a Steam Punk world?
>>
>>12549804
Simply using Moonlight Butterfly doesn't equal insta-earth death. You can just use a setting on a low power just to Moonlight Butterfly the MP EVAs to stop Third Impact, then turn it off. Also I like to think Turn-A in the worst case would at least take one or more down with it, also preventing Third Impact.
>>
>>12549417

Yui planned to get eaten though, and the only children could pilot thing mostly worked because their mothers were already absorbed into the Eva.

I don't think it was ever made clear how much of the "official" story about the Eva's in series was real or Seeles lies so nobody would ask questions.
>>
>>12548193
citation needed
>>
>>12549804
>cliche or steampunk

What's the difference??
>>
>>12549804
Steampunk
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.