[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Gasaraki any good? Actually, scratch that - which Takahashi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: Gasaraki_cover.jpg (92KB, 280x395px) Image search: [Google]
Gasaraki_cover.jpg
92KB, 280x395px
Is Gasaraki any good?

Actually, scratch that - which Takahashi shows are good and which ones are absolute turds? I know Votoms is largely good, cause I've watched it, and I know Blue Gender royally shits the bed, but what about everything else?
>>
>>12516890
Its fucking weird but good if you can get behind it.
>>
>>12516904
Thanks
Amending the question:
What is the proportion of "gritty MUH REALISM" vs. supernatural bullshit? Because that's usually the weakest part of Takahashi's works.
>>
>>12516904
Pretty much this.

The TAs are pretty hot and it has more than the occasional cool moment but there is a lot of weirdness (both political and supernatural).

Plays with muh realism in that the mechs are pretty much real robots (without the protag's hax) but the Kugai aren't.
>>
>>12516987
I have found a listing for Gasaraki on a TvTropes page and one person had described the show like this.

'Gasaraki is quite similar, except instead of giving you a new puzzle, it pours gasoline on the old puzzle, then drops a lit match on it, then doses you with either very good or very bad hallucinogens, depending on how drunk you are at the time.'

So without seeing the show myself, I assume it's gyrates weirdly on that scale of realism.
>>
>>12516890
Panzer World Galient was just okay.
>>
>>12516987

I find they integrate the two pretty well, there is always so mystic samurai stuff going on, but it is'nt that over the top until the end of the show. The TA's are probably the best attempt at making a realistic mecha though as far as what their purpose and advantages are. I really enjoyed personally, the political side is quite good for an anime.
>>
>>12516890
>Blue Gender royally shits
>Waaahhh i didn't like the ending
This is bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>12517249
holy shit someone that actually likes blue gender and defends it
this is new to me
>>
>>12516890

As far as I can tell Blue Gender is his only actual shit show. And the problem there is he didn't do much more than produce. I think. So I bet he only really consulted.

Check out Ronin Warriors (Yeah, I forget the Japanese name, whatever.) It plays out sort of like a Takahashi real robot show in mood, yet it's all magic armor and stuff. It's fun.
>>
>>12517260
Some people on /m/ actually like Blue Gender.

Those people have bad taste but whatever, more power to them
>>
>>12516890
Mozaika is surprisingly enjoyable (and brutal), as far as 4-ep fantasy OVAs go. Sadly, it's the only show of his that doesn't have a proper ending.
>>
>>12517323
>Blue Gender is his only actual shit show
I haven't seen them, but I've heard a few of the Votoms ova's aren't that strong either

>Ronin Warriors
that's really weird, really casual friend of mine just asked the other day where I could find that anime so he could stream it. I just assumed it wasn't something that I would like.
>>
If you didn't like Blue Gender, I don't think you'll like Gasaraki.

Dougram is slightly better than VOTOMS IMO. And Layzner is pretty good before it becomes Fahrenheit 451.
>>
>>12516890
>I know Votoms is largely good
Turns to shit in the second half and the OVAs are all bad.

>but what about everything else?
>Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory OVA Script (episodes 9 and 11)
>Samurai 7
>Intrigue in the Bakumatsu - Irohanihoheto
>>
File: 0420092317.jpg (50KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
0420092317.jpg
50KB, 1024x768px
>>12517328
Ouch, anon ;_;

I like it, but I can acknowledge what's wrong with it.
>>
>>12517349

True, later day Votoms does get kind of meh. I think he was basically done with the story after the show, but the studio wanted more, and his ideas were not the best. Spun the characters wheels in place.

As for Ronin, I loved it as a kid, and once I knew Takahashi was involved I made some stylistic connections in how stoic the mains are and all of that, but I haven't really sat down and watched it as an adult.
>>
>>12516890

The main characters basically have no personality and that's a feature. The main girl is pretty damn useless for almost all of the show, in spite of being the only other pilot who can get peak performance out of the mechs used.

The military scifi parts are nice, with acutal fighter control being a thing for a change, the politics are nice and the Heian-era fantasy robut parts are nice as well. The mystery was okay and the side-characters are pretty good. Like the BBEG's Lieutenant is not even a complete monster and most of the MCs squadmates are pretty coal fellas.
>>
>>12517205
Not really. Other than them shooting down jet fighters from a mech that's being towed through the air by a transport aircraft, the mech parts aren't even that outrageous. It's the MCs family- and personal history that's trippy.
>>
>>12517360
People like mecha samurai seven though.
>>
So uh
All the torrents for this series are dead
This is honestly new to me
What do I do
>>
>>12517736

I'm pretty sure it's on youtube. Not sure if they have it subbed though, you might be stuck with a dub.
>>
>>12517353

That's very incorrect. I hated everybody and everything in Blue Gender, but I LOVE Gasaraki.
>>
>>12517736
The second Grey Phantom torrent on Nyaa is going for me at 75 kb/s. And growing. Try that.
>>
>>12517871
>Grey Phantom
It says there are no seeds, though.
Who knows, might get lucky and someone start seeding
>>
>>12517903

Status unknown. It's not updating right. Just let it run for a bit. There are two torrents that are both 7.02gb in size, both from GP, and one of them was running almost right off. I forget which.
>>
>>12517919
For what it's worth, I found what I guess is a DDL of G_P's Gasaraki
http://chauthanh.info/anime/view/gasaraki.html

Could not tell you if it was legit, but I'll see.
>>
File: goodnewseveryone.png (171KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
goodnewseveryone.png
171KB, 400x300px
Hooray!
I managed to find this jank DDL (>>12518364) for the series that was largely a pain in the ass, but now Gasaraki has one seed! It can be torrented, rejoice!

>http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=70078&showfiles=1

Make sure to FUCKING SEED
>>
So is this show similar to Evangelion?
>>
>>12516987
>What is the proportion of "gritty MUH REALISM" vs. supernatural bullshit? Because that's usually the weakest part of Takahashi's works.

I didn't mind that in Votoms, since it felt like some 50's or 60's sci-fi American novel. I really like that style.
>>
>>12520287
Everything is Eva.
Gundam ripped off of Eva.
Tetsujin ripped off of Eva.
>>
Anyone notice Takahashi recycled elements from both Dougram and VOTOMS in here, with Yushiro pretty Chirico with Crinn's family problems as one example?
>>
>>12520299

He's done that for almost all of his anime. Family problems, leader problems, stoic main, fairly silent female lead, etc. He has tropes he likes the reuse, just like most creators.
>>
>>12520287

Eh, you can definitely tell it was made in a post Evangelion atmosphere, but it's pretty different in most ways. I love Eva, I really liked Gasaraki. It's varied enough for me to not flip a shit or such.
>>
>>12516890
Dougram is good
>>
>>12520343

Thanks

>>12520407

Speaking of Dougram, anyone here notice two things:

1. Lt. Zana voiced by Hirotaka Suzuoki.

2. Lecoque went from wanting to surpassing Donan to being Donan, which gets him killed because he refused to give Destan a government job, much like how Donan treated Lecoque.
>>
Guys help
I got the torrent backwards, by DDLing it, changing the names, and then directing the torrent to It

It worked for a while, and I think there are at least 1 or 2 other people managed to complete the download, but now mine is a all red and won't seed
Help
>>
>>12521291
denon didn't give lecoque a higher position because he knew he was dangerous and, conveniently, he didn't have the clout or name to warrant "promoting" him; lecoque refused destin wanting a position in the new government because he hated rats and people who weren't loyal to their "side"
>>
>>12521928
oh yeah to add to this lecoque actually says (paraphrasing) "i hate people like you the most" to him multiple times
>>
>>12517736
Bakabt.
>>
>>12521977
Dude, come on, have you checked?

Seriously. Don't just bullshit an answer when you don't even know if it's true.
>>
>>12521928
>>12521937

But don't Lecoque and Destan end up being the same due to the fact they resorted to treachery at a certain point, with Lecoque betraying Donan, even contemplating murder at one point, in which he then settled for humiliating Donan by revealing Auxerre Enterprises selling weapons to guerrillas, sans his meetings with Royle, which led to the arms distributions in the first place, and Destan shooting Lecoque only differentiated the two]?
>>
>>12522233
Considering Lecoque was always portrayed as being self-centered conniving scum, and he helped lead Destin down the same path, it's poetic justice.
>>
>>12521781
Anyone have any idea why? I just want to seed, but it keeps going red
>>
>>12522233
the difference to me is that although lecoque wanted personal power, wealth, etc he didn't waver from his loyalty to the earth's interests, though he is a machiavellian piece of shit whereas destin presumably would sell anyone out to the highest bidder
>>
>>12522726
Lecoque frankly was a man lacking in vision and he most likely stuck with Earth because he couldn't see what Denon saw - that economically and politically, Deloyer would eclipse Earth if it were allowed to leave the stranglehold they had it in.

Denon remarked something to that end - that Lecoque is an extremely efficient right hand man who will get anything done his boss needs to have done, but he's frankly blind to the larger picture.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.