[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: lates.jpg (789KB, 3200x1970px) Image search: [Google]
lates.jpg
789KB, 3200x1970px
If GM is supposed to be Gundam Mass production. Then what is this?
>>
Leftover test robot parts hodgepodged back together to fuck shit up.
>>
I always thought "Limited Production" should have been the proper term for those.
>>
>>12499450
Limited production. Thats why they ran out of repair parts and Ez8 happened.
>>
>>12499450
Slapped together out of leftover Project V parts. The Ground GM was then a higher performance Ground Gundam using original parts, but muh production costs led to the GM 1.
>>
They were the FIRST [Gundam Mass] Production Mobile Suit.
>>
>>12499548
>The Ground GM was then a higher performance Ground Gundam

You sure about that? Even Sanders confirmed the Gundam was an improvement over his GM Early Type
>>
>>12499573
Note that I said Ground GM, which an entirely different machine to the inferior GM, and the GM Early Type is inferior to said inferior GM. It's very inferior. Ground GM strong.
>>
>>12499605
In what way? The specs are weaker.
>>
File: c0b68442f1970f56ec80c7969c99be76.jpg (309KB, 696x1000px) Image search: [Google]
c0b68442f1970f56ec80c7969c99be76.jpg
309KB, 696x1000px
>>12499605
Well, according to Gundam wiki:
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RGM-79[G]_GM_Ground_Type

>The RGM-79[G] used 80% of the same parts its more powerful cousin the RX-79{G} Gundam Ground Type.

I ain't saying the GM Ground is weak, but it says right there the Gundam Ground is the more powerful.
>>
>>12499450
A non atmospherically sealed box of leftovers, sold to the EFSF to cover overages on the original design contract, and stuff the ranks of the home team while the space-capable GMs are stationed where they can be used.
>>
>>12499659
>specs are weaker
>is mechanically 80% identical
>only visible difference is a head and paintjob that can be swapped with casual ease

wat
>>
RX-79s are junk, they don't belong. Instead of having a story focusing on true grunts, they retcon in some Gundams because models. 08th can't do anything right other than make people go on and on about muh spider Gouf fight.
>>
>>12499450
>GM is supposed to be Gundam Mass
This is a myth. They never, ever, said what GM stands for.
Other mass-produced versionf of prototypes are specifically referred to as "MP Guncannon", "MP Zeta", etc, not "GCM" or "ZM".

As for the Ground Gundams, there were a bunch of spare RX-78 parts but not a bunch of spare RX-78 frames, so around 30 GMs were upgraded with parts meant for the RX-78 series. That's what the Ground Gundams are.
>>
>>12500579
>Gundam wiki
Not that I disagree,but the Gundam Wiki tends to go full retard.
>>
>>12501612
Seriously though, why is the Gundam wiki so shit? Other big media wikis dont have the potato quality, engrish, misinformation or huge volumes of mundane information and fan theories presented as fact that the Gundam one has
>>
>>12501621
Probably just lack of interest. It's hardly the worst wiki it could be one of the Toku wiki.
>>
>>12501621
Mods are shit eaters
>>
No official material ever states that GM stands for gundam mass production. In fact, no material ever states what GM stands for.
>>
>>12501899
>what GM stands for
It stands for truth, justice, and Gihren's Mom
>>
>>12501612
I'm just saying I'm more inclined to believe that over "some dude on 4chan"
>>
>>12501994
Why? Because it's a wiki? Their credibility isn't any better than your average /m/ poster and is often times worse. Sad to say, but MAHQ is still probably the most reputable English-language Gundam database.
>>
>>12501742
>It's hardly the worst wiki it could be one of the Toku wiki.
If Ryulong was a gundam fan you can bet your ass it would be the worst, even worse than the Sonic Fanon Wiki
>>
>>12502044
>Their credibility isn't any better than your average /m/ poster and is often times worse.
nah, i'll take them anyday over a site that shitposts copypasta of the full posession Shurouga being stronger than EGD
>>
>>12500579
The Ground Gundam page says that the Ground GM had higher performance, it just wasn't encased in Luna Titanium.

Ground GMs were likely faster, more coordinated, and more energy efficient, but a little less durable.
>>
>>12501621
I've only found a few pages with potato quality engrish, mostly google translate pages on smaller side projects.
>>
>>12502519
>The Ground Gundam page says that the Ground GM had higher performance, it just wasn't encased in Luna Titanium.

Where does it say that?
>>
>>12502519
>>12502563
Odd, it apprently does have Luna titanium and I can't find where it said the GM ground was more efficient since it was built for its frame rather than getting built out of spare parts.

Maybe it was another source.

AH I think I missread http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11236 and confused former and latter since it was late when I read it.
>>
File: 6zFAeL3.png (86KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
6zFAeL3.png
86KB, 350x319px
>>12501088
No 08th team thread is complete without Chigusa spouting shit about some of the best feddie suits.

>In b4 MUH ZETA
>>
>>12501621
Most of the articles on the vehicles are cited directly from Gunpla manuals and the like, as they should be.

It's when you get into the other articles that things start to get super whacky.

You're welcome to verify that yourself.
>>
>>12502974
>Best Feddie MS
>Gets thrashed by a blue Zaku
>>
>>12503007
THAT'S NO ZAKU BOY, NO ZAKU.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.