[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this thing impregnable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12

How would you go about defeating this thing?
You can use any /m/ army you want, only rule is no super robots.
>>
>>12403804
A bunch of Big Zams...and 1 Zakrello
>>
gunbuster
>>
>>12403861
Oh, so that's allowed?
Getter Emperor up in this bitch then.
>>
I get the feeling that even a relatively low-tier power level Real Robot army could take on space squids, based on what we see about the machine's specs in-series.

Like the SDF-1 would be like the same thing that fought them off in the show but with better machines.

Actually, Max could solo all the evil space squids.
>>
The S.M.S Fleet from Frontier should be more than enough. Failing that, call in the NUNS too.
>>
>>12403804
>You can use any /m/ army you want, only rule is no super robots.
>no super robots
>robots
So Bydo, then.
>>
>>12403804
Alien Tekkamen army
/thread
>>
>>12403878
>>12403899
Man, i think you understimate Chamber's capabilities. That thing can fully DISSINTEGRATE matter with its beams, thats way above uc gundam and valkyries beams/lasers. Rememeber that huge fucking canon the mechaninc repaired? that's 1/50 of Chamber's firepower. And it's shield could easily deflect a shitton of TNT and mosts of strykers attacks. And yet, they're mooks dying on hordes.
>>
File: nekki.jpg (306KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nekki.jpg
306KB, 800x600px
with a song

if i can make space whales sing my song i think i can take on a couple of squid
>>
Use g self
>>
A single Downstreamer.
gg no re spess squids
>>
>>12403977

And Frontier has Timespace destroying bombs and beams, Each Valkyrie can be a planet buster with the right armaments.
>>
Any Player Character from a Real Robot game that isn't a deconstruction.

The speedruns will be on youtube within an hour.
>>
Giant organics in space? Man, who ever would be qualified to take on something like that?
>>
>>12403977
>valkyries beams/lasers
Circa Frontier, Valks have localised black-hole missiles. People tend to forget that Macross tech is OP as hell.
>>
File: MICHAAAAAAAAAAAAEL.jpg (16KB, 246x253px) Image search: [Google]
MICHAAAAAAAAAAAAEL.jpg
16KB, 246x253px
>>12404160
Is Metal Wolf Chaos real-robot enough?

Because I think they're due for a presidential veto.
>>
>>12403804
Adamatron
>>
File: yang.jpg (118KB, 500x620px)
yang.jpg
118KB, 500x620px
>>12403804
we'll disguise our warships by covering them with their dead young, and then hute
>>
The only reason that base gave them trouble is that it's parked right next to a star giving it constant energy to feed off of and is constantly pounding their ships in near critical charged particle radiation giving them only one approach route.

Any series capable of star killing could beat it.
>>
I'll guess I'll use Allmaggedon then
>>
>>12403977
And Chamber is also sluggish as all hell. There was all that big drama about Ledo leaving when, if Chamber had a top speed of even a VF-1 he could easily visit Gargantia for lunch now and again. As for UC, everything past the 90s starts ramping up further and further. Beams by Victory era are so strong that they just forget the concept of armor because it's more or less useless.
>>
>>12403804
One zentradi fleet of 4 million ships.
>>
>>12404184
Chamber would fucking destroy the entire Sidonia fleet alone.

Chamber would also fucking destroy any gauna even without a kabizachi.
>>
File: elsarmy.jpg (90KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
elsarmy.jpg
90KB, 900x506px
>>12403804
>You can use any /m/ army you want
Bring it.
>>
File: 1425420663294.jpg (57KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1425420663294.jpg
57KB, 800x450px
ten billion exias
>>
>>12404452
I don't know, can it snipe targets from three planets away? Can it shoot building sized missiles at relativistic speeds?
>>
>>12404153
>>12404255
Oh, well, i haven't watched Frontier, gotta give you that point. Still think Chamber would wreck classic valkyries easily.
>>12404429
The thing about Ledo and the other guys leaving was more about an ideallistic division. His vision was differing of those on Gargantia and therefore he took the decision to take another path because the saw him as an heretic. Also, late UC beams aren't that powerful, is more that grunts got weapons of power that was only reserved for custom/prototype suits like the ZZ. AFAIK, FAZZ's Mega cannon was still the benchmark for MS-mounted beam weapons even by Victory, with only the Zanneck coming close. But on the other hand, they're fragile as fuck. Chamber was just untouchable for common weaponry, while late UC or early valks would get damaged by gattling guns.
>>
>>12404654
>Still think Chamber would wreck classic valkyries easily.
He wouldn't actually,you seem to think his is some hyper advanced tech but it isn't, he is just a GM that was left around steampunk powerloaders, he has laser weapons and a gravity control that he uses only to fly. He only disiintegrated humans who got shoot by a high powered laser, everything else that got hit only exploded at worst
VFs have barriers that warp space itself around them, Guardians when they join together can fly at near light speed and later models can do that alone while also being made of the hardest material in their universe.
>>
>>12404685
>VFs have barriers that warp space itself around them, Guardians when they join together can fly at near light speed and later models can do that alone while also being made of the hardest material in their universe.
Well, excuse me. Which entry are you talking here. I've only watched DYRL and Plus, and the only thing that comes to my mind is the pinpoint barrier, which covers a very small area and leaves a huge area to be hit with any of Chambers' shitton of lasers. And Chamber would tank any of their weapons sans reactor missiles.
>>
>>12403904
I think that the top human space corps fleet would be enough
>>
>>12404709
Later Macross tech covers the entire Valk in pinpoint barrier, or so it seems at some times.
>>
>>12403804
ez pz

A single Culture GOU.
>>
>>12404709
The pinpoint barrier is made to cover the whole of the mecha, it's only later that they refine it so you can make a space destroying punch, even oldschool VFs would just need to fly INTO the chamber to kill it
>>
>>12404718
well, i'm talking about classic valkyries here.
>>12404724
If it's just a kinetic attack chamber wouldn't have problem in deflecting it with its barrier. Also it would be very difficult even for Isamu to approach a target which is entirely covered in lasers in each square foot of its area.
>>
File: unzips dick.gif (810KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
unzips dick.gif
810KB, 500x281px
>Is this thing impregnable?

Only one way to find out.
>>
>>12404753
Anon it isn't a kinetic attack, Max could just cover himself and fly in a straight line and it would make Chamber stop existing, that is the most basic shit a VF can do, refining it into a punch or a sword like in Frontier is just for the sake of not obliterating everything
>>
>>12404753
>well, i'm talking about classic valkyries here.
But the post you replied to is talking about all of them.
>>
Why is it that we always have this arguments about Macross tech with everyone saying and giving fact exposed in the show about how fucking broken the level of the tech is and there is always someone who keeps trying to say they aren't that powerful
>>
>>12404767
yes, it is. How ramming something is not a kinetic attack?
>>
>>12404803
Because the barrier tears space itself. Unless Chamber is actively reinforcing the the 3 dimensional space around its body, this kills it.
>>
>>12403977
>VF beams
By Frontier, their beams somehow run on MDE, the same tech behind their blackhole bombs. So I wouldn't say their beams are weak, pre-MDE, probably around Gundam's level, but after MDE, its on the level of anti-matter weapons.
>>
>>12404803
A gun is a kinetic weapon.
A beam is not.

A punch is a kinetic weapon.
A barrier is not.

The dangerous part of a pinpoint barrier attack isn't the melee behind it, it's the barrier.
>>
>>12404803
Holy shit,look at the blue thing on its hand, now imagine that thing covering a a whole plane and said plane going at you at subsonic speeds with its engines of because its hinky dinky VF1, the blue thing makes space wrap and twist around the plane, how is space getting ripped apart a kinetic attack?
>>
>>12404822
yeah, but that happens in a very reduced distance. Wouldn't the physical part of the valkyrie crash with Chamber's barrier before the space tearing pulse gets to touch him?
>>
>>12404854
the physical part of the Vf is BEHIND THE SPACE DESTROYING BARRIER
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 1280x733px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 1280x733px
>>12404723

My fine black fellow!
>>
>>12404854
No, because the barrier is TEARING SPACE. You can't just block this.
>>
>>12404849
>A beam is not.
Depending on your definition of "beam". UC beams are kinetic weapons since their power stems from the kinetic energy of of plasma, specifically, megaparticles.
>>12404853
see>>12404854
The punch itself can be stopped
>>
>>12404885
You're assuming Chamber can come into contact with the destruction of the space it exists inside of. This is like a drawing on a piece of paper trying to stop you from from shredding the paper.
>>
>>12404885
>The punch itself can be stopped
Holy shit nigger, look here what happens when something covers itself from head to toe with the fucking barrier and punchs something, the battle fucking ends
https://youtu.be/Slqa30DSSKE?t=27s

You're seriously understimating how fucking powerful the barrier is
https://youtu.be/kD1LlDhItF0?t=1m49s
>>
>>12404905
aaand you keep posting Frontier tech, which i'm not discussing. Also that thing was just piercing metal, not another barrier

>>12404898
Chamber himself not, but his barrier would prevent that from happening.
>>
>>12404938
>Also that thing was just piercing metal, not another barrier
Are you saying Chamber has a space twisting barrier? Are you high? He does not have any goddamn barrier in the show and what the Fronetier did is something a basic VF can do, look here in the battle between Guld and Isamu, look as the air around the fist starts shimmering
https://youtu.be/VfKzMPmfU94?t=1m10s
>>
Use as many Turn X's as allowed.
>>
>>12404938
Look ehre as how it makes physical round disappear https://youtu.be/5nMXj0oEaY0
>>
>>12404967
I'm going to call this guy misunderstanding and saying it's weak because the valks didn't kill each other while using that during a test run.
>>
>>12404980
Why would they kill one another during a test? And later during a misunderstanding?
>>
And look here the very first VF already had laser weapons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZR_lGjtIHM
>>
PPB or not, Macross-verse wouldn't really have any issues with the squids.
That thing is a massive cannon? Good, because every colony fleet at least has 1 massive cannon for the sake of Macross-Cannon-ing everything to hell, and from the size of that flower-cannon, it wouldn't be hard to hit it, not to mention graze it(since Macross Cannons fuck everything around the beam as well)
Hell, if anything, the squid cannon would have been destroyed from long range the moment the fleet came in and saw it, if not the cannon, a large portion of the squids would have been annihilated.

Even if the VFs aren't Frontier-level, they wouldn't exactly have much issues, there's a reason why VFs always fire Itano Circuses, they have enough experience of being outnumbered, why take down 1 enemy when you can take down 5 or more with a single salvo of missiles? Why use semi-auto guns when you can just point a gatling gun in the general direction of the enemy and kill 5 of them with the inaccurate spray of bullets?

Besides, if they really want to annihilate the squids, they could just put all their manufacturing facilities to shitting out Ghosts while the fleet is parked next to a large asteroid and just launch them straight out of the production line.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 545x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 545x800px
DID SOMEONE SAY BIG TENTACLE THINGS

COLONEL DEWEY KNOWS HOW TO DEAL WITH THOSE
>>
File: 1415586178116.png (366KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1415586178116.png
366KB, 640x480px
>>12404758
Beat me to it.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.