[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In The Hero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: main_20140724113305.jpg (67KB, 560x373px) Image search: [Google]
main_20140724113305.jpg
67KB, 560x373px
This is finally out on DVD/BD, anyone on /m/ watch it?

Drama movie about an aging tokusatsu suit actor.
>>
Site
http://www.in-the-hero.com/

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoXgZ6hnR1M
>>
>>12373402

so what it's Tokusatsu Galaxy Quest?

cuz Im down for that
>>
>>12373402
Who's that guy?
>>
I remember there was a Chinese film with a same premise
I wonder what happened to that one
>>
>>12373402
Is it subbed?
>>
>>12373588
Oh I watch that one. I kinda forgot the title. It was about old-school tokufag being replaced by fabulous faggot bishounen of the usual post 2000 toku show. More elaborate action, CG effects etc.

Shit was really cash near the end, I even cry.
>>
>>12373402

What... the old man is the pink one. This kinda intriguing..
>>
>>12375633
I think it was called Machi Action. Turns out the guy's really good at shilling in infomercials.
>>
>>12373402

Interestingly enough, the song (Dream On) is by Koiji Kikawa, i.e. Kamen Rider Skull.

>>12373588

They're very different films, actually. In the Hero is about a stuntman team, while Machi Action is specifically about a Rider-esque suit actor. Both of them are ostensibly about the same thing, but the former movie is more about stuntman and toku work in general. The latter is more of a manchild's coming of age.

Machi Action has the most soul-crushing ending I've ever seen, however. I mean, it's seriously, seriously depressing.
>>
>>12376484
I'm probably never going to watch it. What happens?
>>
>>12376593

At the very end of the show, a Joker-esque criminal mastermind attacks the debut appearance of the new Hero, Face. Face is generally depicted as kind of an arrogant douche, so the villain humiliates him by holding him at gunpoint - after casually shooting one of Face's backup dancers to establish that yes, this is a real gun - and forces him to basically dance for him while begging not to be shot.

The protagonist, Fly, bursts onto the scene and levels the henchmen with a series of moves he's learnt from his TV show. (Because he did all his own stunts.) However, when he's about to deal the finishing move to the villain, his cheap tasers short out.

The villain goes "You're a superhero, right? Can you outsmart a bullet?" and shoots him in the heart. Fly, however, pushes through the pain - the villain is momentarily distracted, in a 'Why won't this fucker go down?' moment.

Then Face seizes the moment, and breaks the villain's fucking neck. You actually hear his vertebrae snap. The two heroes wave to the crowd, and Fly promptly collapses because he's been shot in the heart. We see a flashback sequence of Fly's past: He wanted to be a superhero in order to inspire his little brother, who died of cancer when he was very young. Fly was unable to help him.

In his vision, he sees his little brother again and breaks down into tears over how he couldn't do anything for him. The little boy goes "Big brother, you were always my hero." Fade to white.

Fly tells Face "Face, it's up to you to defend the world, now." and dies. Cut to a ridiculously upbeat ending sequence with the cast acting in hilarious outtakes.
>>
>>12373402
>Blue ranger has Gouf shoulders
Sasuga
>>
File: 632634523.png (1MB, 1273x687px) Image search: [Google]
632634523.png
1MB, 1273x687px
>>12376674
>Can you outsmart a bullet
>>
>>12376701

A large part of the show is about how Fly is kind of a manchild. He's not a manchild in that he refuses to grow up, he's a manchild in that he wants to be something that's impossible, and that he'll never be happy. Even when he finds some success hawking (Ultimately useless) products to people, he's still rather depressed in that the products are crap.

He dies because the cheap tasers he was using were absolute shit.
>>
File: 1252464425680.jpg (18KB, 244x320px)
1252464425680.jpg
18KB, 244x320px
>>12376674
>>12376711
Fly did not die, well, he almost.

The real ending have him bedridden to shit, but after he recover, he and Face gain respect for each other, and Fly makes a comeback as typical 'mentor coming back from retirement'. It was fucking worth manly tears.
>>
>>12378341
Actually this one is the ending that I watched, so there's different versions?
>>
why am i expecting saban to try and sue the creators of this movie...
>>
So is it subbed?
>>
>>12373402
Old guy as Pink I get but that chick as blue without a skirt, really? Has manlet Rangers/other Henshin Heroes being portrayed by women in suit ever been a thing?
>>
File: Barks Eternally.jpg (80KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Barks Eternally.jpg
80KB, 480x480px
>>12378341
>>12376674
A-Any torrents?
>>
>>12378341
I need Fly's theme where i can find it?. searched everywhere for it with 0 results.
>>
>>12378341

Seriously? He didn't die? When I watched it on DVD, the ending is that he died. Was there more after that?
>>
>>12380905
I kind of forgot I need to find that bootleg DVD again to make sure

Maybe after the credits?
>>
>>12376484
The suit is definitely Rider, but the style is distinctly Ultraman
>>
>>12380905
>>12381235

It wasn't an after credits thing. Maybe it's a different cut? The version I have on DVD goes from him passing out, to seeing his little brother again, to waking up in the hospital with his girl next to him. He eventually makes a full recovery and joins the new guy on the show.
>>
>>12382515
Don't you fucking play with my emotions anon
>>
>>12382515
That's the one I watched yes
>>
>>12382515

I think I may have an altered cut of the movie. The version I have literally ends after he sees his little brother again.
>>
But is it subbed?
>>
>>12382544
>>12382709

Yeah you guys either saw a weird cut or an incomplete version. The version I saw ends on a pretty happy note as the two heroes are about to take on the final enemy from their TV series.
>>
>>12382888

They're watching the Chinese cut. It's like the two versions of the ending of Infernal Affairs and Election. The mainland China cut has the criminals arrested by the police, for example. Same for SPL, where the Chinese cut has Donnie Yen survive.
>>
>>12373402
I watched it on a plane and it was pretty great.
>>
>>12384944
link please for the movie with subs.
>>
>>12383103
lolchina
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.