[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Kamille get more shit for this? He could have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

File: shot0001.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0001.png
1MB, 960x720px
Why doesn't Kamille get more shit for this? He could have killed a guy for an incredibly petty reason.

Kamille really comes off as a psycho hot head early in the series. We've seen the Titans do nothing really wrong so far. They're a little rough for dealing with Kamille, but he's the one going around punching people. Early Zeta is just watching some insane kid try to punch and murder people.
>>
File: shot0002.png (988KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0002.png
988KB, 960x720px
>>12183175

The look of a calm, sane rational person.
>>
>>12183182

whos that cutie anon ?
>>
>>12183175

Kamille gets a lot of shit for being a bawling autist.
>>
>>12183175
I thought we all agreed that Kamille has autism
>>
>>12183182

Kamille hates the Titans, but it seems to be entirely because they punched him. Although he hates them before that.

I think Tomino over did the "hot head" aspect of Kamille. He didn't want to do Amuro Ray 2.0 I guess.
>>
As edgy as it may sound, shit like this is what I liked about Kamille. I liked that Kamille took no shit and just seemed driven by some psychotic fury whenever something set him off. It was different.
>>
I'd give him shit, but I decided to just drop the show instead.
>>
>>12183217
>I liked that Kamille took no shit and just seemed driven by some psychotic fury whenever something set him off. It was different.

We put people like that in insane aslylums.

>>12183218

You bastard.
>>
>>12183259

The Titans hired people like that. It's a shame Kamille was pro-AEUG scum, he would have made a fine Titan.
>>
If there's one thing that Kamille proves, it's that /m/ is incapable of looking past first impressions. Nobody seems to remember his character development.
>>
>>12183281
Didn't help that titans punched him out and killed his parents
>>
File: 1284434754823.png (229KB, 487x368px) Image search: [Google]
1284434754823.png
229KB, 487x368px
>>
>>12183292

Truth. I imagine all the recent shit talk Zeta gets comes from people not watching past 10 episodes where it improves dramatically.
>>
>>12183292

Kamille matures quite a bit, yeah, even becoming kind of a mentor to Katz.

Well, mentoring can only do so much.
>>
>>12183362
You can mentor a rock till the cows come home but at the end of the day it's still a rock.
>>
>>12183175
you keep listing all the good parts.
that's what makes kamille cool and different from other wimpy mecha pilot characters.
>>
>>12183384

If Kamille had stayed the same as he was in the beginning he would have beaten Katz like a kid Bright and then thrown him into that asteroid.
>>
>>12183358
I find it pretty amusing how Zeta was fairly well liked and ZZ was shit on regularly on /m/ around '09 to '11 or '12 but these last couple years I've seen a total reversal with that (except moon-moon because everyone know just how retarded that was).
>>
>>12183406
The debris dust crush excused moon moon for me
>>
>>12183406

It's just sad in my case because I only finished watching Zeta a few weeks ago and now I can't discuss it here without rampant shitposting. Fucking /a/spies with their awful attention spans, I know it's them. Otherwise there wouldn't be as much pedowank surrounding ZZ & Victory.
>>
>>12183406
>>12183358

I've been saying Zeta is a clusterfuck full of retarded characters for years. I also think it gets worse as it goes on, with that stupid Rosamia arc being the lowpoint.
>>
>>12183817

You mean when Kamille has matured enough to sacrifice his emotional needs for the safety of others, even taking the life of somebody he cares for to do so?

Yeah, that part was the worst, I tell you.
>>
>>12183827

You mean the part where Kamille swans off in the middle of a battle to play with his adult imouto by a lake, endangering all his comrades for his own personal side drama?

Yeah, top writing there, I laugh at you.
>>
File: Like, Zoom!.jpg (142KB, 1232x918px) Image search: [Google]
Like, Zoom!.jpg
142KB, 1232x918px
>>
>>12183879
we need a webm of Kamille at being completely bonkers

and another for that FIN with the blown up Hyaku Shiki, which is one of the stupidest mobile suits ever designed.
>>
>>12183854
but you were just complaining about how he was too psycho & crazy for you. and now you're complaining about when he actually shows compassion for someone. He cares about Rosamia because he wants to stop the Titans from doing human experiments, because he saw what happened to Cyber Newtypes like Four.
There's more important things going on in that episode than the drama by the lake with Kamille. His comrades weren't even in danger. Emma and Char put the beat down on those grunts. It's called good directing to allow other pilot characters to get the spot light for action scenes. Don't you like strong female characters like Emma that you can self-insert too?
>>12183817
and I've been saying that you should watch the show.
The Rosamia arc has all the info drops, that's the good writing and world building you love so much. Rosamia's behavior isn't the focus. In-universe everyone realizes she is retarded, that's why they use her to find out more information about the Titans Cyber-enhancement program.
>>
File: 1366263498783.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1366263498783.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>12183175
>>
>>12183854

What about that part where Amuro develops a toy-like attachment to the Gundam and abandons the White Base for several days (in enemy territory) after overhearing plans to be taken off it? Did you like that? Because it was a helluva lot dumber than anything Kamille's while in service.
>>
>>12184281
but that part turned out to be cool though because he ends up meeting Ramba Ral and that whole experience of leaving White Base teaches him to man up.
>>
File: 1411937712410.jpg (52KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1411937712410.jpg
52KB, 960x720px
>>12184299

BOY! It sure was cool of Amuro to endanger all his comrades just for the sake of meeting up with Ramba Ral! A Zeke who only pretended to be friendly with him knowing he'd be lead to Amuro's home base, putting them in even further danger!
>>
>>12184366
and that's why Bright was pissed off at him.
the White Base hated him for leaving like that.
and that's why he became a man afterwards with a sense of responsibility and didn't do it again.

that's why it's called character development.
>>
>>12184281
>What about that part where Amuro develops a toy-like attachment to the Gundam and abandons the White Base for several days (in enemy territory) after overhearing plans to be taken off it? Did you like that? Because it was a helluva lot dumber than anything Kamille's while in service.

All fine, because he's a 16 year old middle class suburban kid who's suddenly thrust into a war. He's a bit retarded and he matures. But he's still a kid.

Amuro was one of the more realistic depictions of a teen soldier, especially one who's led a cozy life up until then.

Other shows, like Gundam Wing on the other hand...
>>
>>12184373
>>12184389

But what I'm questioning is how Kamille is a worse character than Amuro. Both develop in similar ways but with Kamille going down the pacifist route and Amuro going down the soldier route.
>>
>>12184439
>But what I'm questioning is how Kamille is a worse character than Amuro.

I don't know if he's worse. He's clearly not normal. Autistic weirdo so maybe he should be judged by different standards.
>>
>>12183202
>>12183205
>>12183329
>>12184274
>>12184457

Boy, what a monotonous thread this is. It's like no one here is able to do actual critical thinking.
>>
Holy fuck this show has a lot of slapping
>>
>>12184499

Kamille has autism. It's key to his character.

>>12184604

Yeah, I noticed that too. Bright for once is on the recieving end. The weirdest is Kamille's Karate teacher slapping him. Or was he just another student? Seems to take Karate a little too serious.
>>
>>12184635
It was his team captain or some shit. The best part was that he did a fucking flip and landed on his feet, though.
>>
>>12183175
>Kamille really comes off as a psycho hot head early in the series
That's kinda the fucking point. His time with Char and the Argama crew (as well as Wong) actually tempers him and makes him a calmer person. That is until he goes roundabout and ends up the same kind of person that he was at the beginning.

He's an egomaniacal narcissist who thinks other people are out of line when they lean on him. He disregards people's feelings but expects them to give him attention, and when he thinks someone crosses him he lashes out. It's kinda strange given his family situation, perhaps he feels that he is a self-made man and deserves respect, given a history of neglect on his parents' part.
>>
File: kamiyu_quattro_watermelon.png (237KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
kamiyu_quattro_watermelon.png
237KB, 500x566px
You could see how different Kamille and Char is. Kamille did not enjoy killing in the battlefield, or even sacrificing civilian for his "ideals".

Maybe Char really need some slapping and especially mother figure.
>>
>>12184825
I'd let Quattro slap me around
>>
File: elliot-rodger-photos-11[1].jpg (235KB, 527x600px) Image search: [Google]
elliot-rodger-photos-11[1].jpg
235KB, 527x600px
>>12184771
>He's an egomaniacal narcissist who thinks other people are out of line when they lean on him. He disregards people's feelings but expects them to give him attention, and when he thinks someone crosses him he lashes out.
>>
>>12184771
Or perhaps it's because he's autistic.
You ever talked to diagnosed high-functioning autistics/assburgers?
Because that basically describes all of them perfectly.
>>
>>12184855
Reccoa pls.

>>12184864
Yup, he need alot of slapping and a "mother" to inhibit his maniac tendencies.
>>
>>12184855
Who wouldn't?
>>
>>12184457
Well... One of them ends up becoming a potato. The other one dies saving the Earth from a giant asteroid from falling to the earth...

I think we both know who ends up a being a better character...
>>
>>12184771
>That is until he goes roundabout and ends up the same kind of person that he was at the beginning.
Uhh, what? When and how did that happen exactly? I don't remember Kamille being some sort of enlightened psychic super newtype potato in the beginning of the series.
>>
50 posts in and no one explained the obvious:
Kamille has god tier accuracy and was shooting to scare that guy, not kill him.
>>
In the first few episodes, Kamille was a few days away from going on top of a clock tower and starting to shoot people.
>>
>>12183175
I am at ep19 right now. Kamille has cooled his autism a bit, but I am certain he his actually developmentally impaired. I enjoyed watching him snap into a crazy frenzy over everything.

On another note: While Kamille was crying to Char about his parents dying. I was upset no one pointed out that it was all Kamille's fault it happened.
>>
Kamille is fucking nuts and I love it.
>>
>>12183292
Nobody is. Whenever somebody depict a character its always based on their first appearance.
>>
Really wish they'd make a Quattro OVA already
>>
>>12183210

Kamille's entire call to battle started entirely because some Titan's harassed him and he overreacted. It just so happened that he happen to end up being sympathetic to AEUG in the end.
>>
>>12188182

Missing out that he seems to have hated the Titans for unspecified reasons beforehand.
>>
>>12184439

Because here's the big difference

Amuro
>FUCK OH GOD I HAVE TO PILOT THE GUNDAM OR EVERYONE DIED! I HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO RUN TOO AND WHERE STUCK BEHIND ENEMY LINES! FUCK!

Kamille
>FUCK THE TITANS THEY MADE FUN OF ME! IM GONNA RUN OFF WITH THIS TERRORIST GROUP FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES!
>>
>>12188379

It was more like Kamille had some sort of psychotic break and fucked up his life so hard that his only choice was going full jihad with the AEUG.
>>
Punchmaster wouldn't put up with this shit.
>>
>>12183292
>Implying people here have even watched the series

That's why we speak as if Kamille's this crazy hotheaded autist for the whole series.
>>
But, his most autistic moment was when he opened his helmet visor when he was in space.
>>
>>12186153
I shouldn't have posted this. In episode 21, he goes right back into overdrive
>kamille punches people randomly for annoying.
>they punch him back
>Then Bright just knocks them all out
Priceless.
>>
>>12189285
It never ceases to amaze me how the guy who punches shitty teens into becoming Newtype pilots end up with shitty son who only became space dust out of sheer shittines.
>>
>>12189285

The thing about Kamille is, he gets better, but at his core he's still a jerk whose rage swings up and down like a slide whistle at the slightest provocation. And he doesn't overcome this so much as become emotionally deadened by the terrible shit and people around him.
>>
>>12189285
Jesus christ Bright. No wonder newtypes are complete retards.
>>
You never had to deal with a fascist regime so of course you wouldn't understand all the repressed rage and anger he has towards titans.
Imagine if a random Argentinian under the military dictatorship responsible for the desaparecidos or a random chilean under Pinochet could have gotten his hands on a Gundam or its equivalent while helped by an anti-government force, wouldn't he try to get revenge with it?

He lives in a "world" where peaceful protests are met with deadly gassings and those very same people are in his home treating him and other people like shit.
>>
File: quavagina.png (1010KB, 984x720px) Image search: [Google]
quavagina.png
1010KB, 984x720px
>>12189320
>And he doesn't overcome this so much

Sounds like bullshit. He definitely cooled his head down, but this

>become emotionally deadened by the terrible shit and people around him.

is also true.

>That look Char gives him when he says newtypes a shit but he can live with knowing that without worrying about it
>>
>>12188379
>TERRORIST GROUP

It's not terrorism if you have a conventional military like the AEUG and only attack military targets like the AEUG.
Even if there can be collateral damages it's not like those radical groups in the middle east who purposedly kill civilians for shock and terror.
Besides, being a rebel/terrorist against the Titans is the right thing to do considering what Jamitov wanted to do.
>>
>>12189317
Bright was never home when Hathaway was growing up. He's always away on cruise , never ashore for more than a few weeks at a time, so he was an absent figure in Hathaway's childhood.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.