[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homeworld thread because Homeworld

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: ss00714.jpg (43KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
ss00714.jpg
43KB, 620x349px
So I know people are excited for the Gundam Homeworld mod but I'm curious what other mods /m/ will be getting/making for Homeworld when it comes out in 10 days.
>>
>>12119915
> it comes out in 10 days
Good news. I'm so hyped for this.
>>
>>12119915
The Battlestar Galactica mod, of course.

Is the Gundam mod good?
>>
>>12120025
It's not very balanced, but it's very fun.
>>
>>12119915
>Gundam mod

Link please

Will it work with the new remastered version too?
>>
>>12120236
How unbalanced? Like Starcraft: Gundam Century imbalanced?
>>
I had no fucking idea what gundam was when I played this so a bulky robot with a bazooka shot a rocket that oneshot a battleship and I was like, what the christ
>>
>>12120291
So you got wrecked by the GP02?
>>
>>12120307

Remember that, in Gundam, anything that can't be sold as a toy is absolutely worthless and exists just to die. Char sunk 5 battleships personally at the Battle of Loam using a Zaku 1.
>>
>>12120325
I would buy the fuck out of a Ra Cailum or Argama if they were easier to get a hold of
>>
>>12120281

Gundams are statistcally OP as fuck. You can do huge damage with one..but in an RTS where you can mass produce them? yeah.
>>
>>12119915
>Gundam Homeworld mod
Wait, what? WHAT?
>>
>>12120734
Seconding, need some info.

I just started getting back into strategy games, and I'm fucking dying for a good (or at least half decent) RTS with Gundam. Please tell me it's some UC era, preferably OYW or Gryps conflict.
>>
>>12120656
You could always have them as "hero" units or something like that and have the regular MP models like GMs and Zaku IIs. Star Wars Empire at War used Hero units, and while they were OP for single units they could still get fucked in the ass by numbers or another hero unit.
>>
I hope that old Macross mod will be remade.
>>
>>12120825
>Empire at War
I always get buttfucked by Millenium Falcon and Slave I in that game.
All other hero units are manageable
>>
>>12120275
Well I don't know if this is the specific mod that I saw others talking about but here is a link because people can't use google apparently
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gundam-mod-0079-to-0083/downloads/gundam-mod-31-final

Also it's up to the mod creator or people who know how to make mods to port it over.
>>
File: bring sajuuk.jpg (5KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
bring sajuuk.jpg
5KB, 297x170px
>>12119915
>>
>>12121141
I'm sorry

Unfortunately I can't find anything about a Homeworld bear mod. I guess the Homeworld modding community missed the memo about how every game needs a bear mod
>>
File: Seriously.png (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.png
332KB, 1920x1080px
come on guys
>>
>>12121285
>bears with ion cannons
Delightful.
>>
>>12121375
>>12121085
The point is:
1) the OP talked about a NEW gundammod to be released soon
2) those two gundam mods you guys linked are quite old

Ergo
Either a third new gundam mod is going to be released, one of the two mods gets an update, or OP is a bigger faggot than Garma and Angelo combined
>>
>>12121462
No you misunderstood me. I said that Homeworld Remastered is coming out in 10 days and it will have mod support. I already know that people are excited for the Gundam mod, what are other mods you are excited about.

I said nothing about a new gundam mod and you're just a dumb fagot.
>>
>>12121477
The way you phrased it was a little ambiguous. It could imply that there is a new gundam mod coming out or what you actually intended to convey.

Anyway, might be cool. OYW to 0083 is a decent time frame. Shame that development on it is dead.
>>
>>12119915
I guess the Complex mod for HW2 would be nice

dunno about HW1 mods, the only one I know is the (really old) Macross one

It's kind of sad Cataclysm source code was lost, I loved Kith Somtaaw's gimmicky ships. I hope for an HW2 mod which adds them (and Taidan Empire) as a playable faction
>>
>>12121598
>>12121462
learn to english faggot

>>12119915
>So I know people are excited for the Gundam Homeworld mod but I'm curious what other mods /m/ will be getting/making for Homeworld when it comes out in 10 days.
>[So I know people are excited for the Gundam Homeworld mod] [but] [I'm curious what other mods /m/ will be getting/making for Homeworld when it comes out in 10 days.]
>[I'm curious what other mods /m/ will be getting/making for Homeworld when it comes out in 10 days.]
>it
>referring to Homeworld
>not the mod

dumbass
>>
File: 1327101466108.jpg (35KB, 237x237px) Image search: [Google]
1327101466108.jpg
35KB, 237x237px
>>12121639
Thank you
>>
I'd also like to point out if OP was talking about an upcoming Gundam mod for Homeworld then the thread's title would say it. Not just shit about Homeworld.
>>
>>12121285
>confirmed for never having played Homeworld 2
>>
>>12121141
lol, bring sajuuk to bear
>>
Do they plan on re balancing Homeworld 2?
>>
>>12123707
Yeah.

It's the 2 games remastered and you get the original versions with them too. Apparently the original creators added stuff into the remastered version but didn't "George Lucas" it up
>>
File: 1420345709177.jpg (73KB, 960x728px) Image search: [Google]
1420345709177.jpg
73KB, 960x728px
>>
I never did play Homeworld 2.

Or finish Homeworld 1/

I'm excited for a second chance to finish what I started a million years ago.
>>
>>12125308
>I never did play Homeworld 2.

have fun doing your best impression of Reinhard and trying to destroy Makaan's fleets one by one before they swarm you
>>
File: smminervaeu9.jpg (131KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
smminervaeu9.jpg
131KB, 640x480px
>>12121629
HW1 had the Junkyard mod using cleaned up versions of the concept ships left in the Junkyard.

HW1 also had the Kadeshi mod.

HWC had a major "Everything but Faction" Mod where the Beast and Somtaaw were replaced by a motley collection of ships from HW1 and HWC. Specifically, the Somtaaw's mothership became the HW1 Taiidan Gate producing Nomad Moon Dreadnoughts. The Naggarok was the Beast replacement of the Heavy Cruiser.

As far as Gundam mods go, does anyone have the latest SEED HW2 mod?
>>
I only played Homeworld multiplayer with a friend on his computer when I was in Elementary school. It was the most fun I had in all of my time at Elementary school.

I'm against pre-ordering stuff but I pre-ordered the collection as fast as I could.
>>
>>12119915
I want Legend of galactic heroes mod.
>>
>>12126276
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70955257/SEED_MOD_3.0.exe

Honestly though 3.0 isn't so great, it tends to crash a lot and they made some strange changes to existing factions. They did add in Earth Alliance as playable though.
>>
You know what'd be cool? An Infinite Space mod.
>>
Engaging interplanetary hype reactor.
>>
>>12125667
The game is fucking easy, the only broken part of the game is if you start the Balcora Gate mission with a full fleet and that's just because the Gate falls before you can get to it.
>>
File: Broblerone.gif (135KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Broblerone.gif
135KB, 650x650px
>>12126774
>Objectively good taste
Keep the dream alive, Anon. Keep the dream alive.
>>
>>12120291
>Mobile Suit one-shotting far larger and more armored space craft
>In Gundam
I fail to see the problem
>>
>>12128225
It's one of those things that goes against how RTSs generally work and how Homeworld itself plays.

It also means that it's pretty much whoever produces a Gundam tier unit first and fucks up your resource collection first wins.

It's GREAT however if you allow people to build up forces first to a certain limit or only give people a certain amount of RUs and THEN fight.
>>
>>12128162
I love ion array frigates. And multibeam frigates.

Pretty much all frigate designs are at least good, to be honest.
>>
I wonder how long it will take the mod creators or people who liked the mods, to port them over to the new collection.

Maybe they'll update the mods after they come out
>>
>>12128211
>Easy
>That one fucking mission with the dust clouds that you HAVE to keep your ships in
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PcVyc3Qwwk
>>
>>12128680
slightly fiddly=/= hard
>>
>>12128668
That's provided they're still even around.

I still remember the old modding resource site that had multiple replacers and elements for other modders to use. They did a host of mods for personal and commissioned mods; everything from Macross elements such as Missile trails and swarm patterns to fake extra turrets for a Babylon mod just needing non-firing tracking turrets in HW1. They eventually disappeared off the internet along with a host of other modding resource sites for HW and other classics (TA Fansite originally hosting the largest collection of Total Annihilation mods).
>>
>>12128986
Well according to the video >>12128953 it looks like some of the mod makers actually helped with the remastering along with the original creators. So that's good.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.