[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it safe to assume that /m/ has reached the same conclusion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 48

File: bf21_06.jpg (54KB, 419x650px) Image search: [Google]
bf21_06.jpg
54KB, 419x650px
Is it safe to assume that /m/ has reached the same conclusion that GBF Try is kinda crap? I base this assumption on the lack of GBFT threads.GBF was great, GBFT just doesn't have the appeal...

BUT it did give us this sexy beast and in three variants. So ... Ez8 appreciation thread maybe?
>>
File: 20140926ez.jpg (81KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
20140926ez.jpg
81KB, 800x602px
UNF!
>>
File: 6.jpg (105KB, 776x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
105KB, 776x1024px
>>
It's basically another team battle show for kids rather than a successor to Gunpnla Builders and Build Fighters, yes.

I'm still hoping that they´ll get their shit together within the next few episodes though.
>>
File: banm1411143-1000x1000.jpg (123KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
banm1411143-1000x1000.jpg
123KB, 1000x1000px
Dat donut!
>>
Also there seems to be an awful lot of QUALITY in it. IIRC GBF had decent animation.

Pissed me off when the Jim Cardigan was swapped for an SD-Gundam.
>>
While I hesitate to call it crap, it really feels like every other kids merchandise battle show now, whereas GBF felt like an homage to the series and toys. I think the problem is that they don't spend enough time referencing the importance of building, and lacks the same self awareness that the previous series did, so all we really get is the mediocre fights and characterization.
>>
Well I'm hoping that thing will finally starting to heat up now that they're out of the regional matches. This is gonna be 26 episodes, so it's kinda reasonable for it to be a bit of a low cooker.
>>
GBFT feels like one huge toy commercial, more so than GBF did
>>
>>11829562

Yeah, I know where I'm going when I feel that I need multiple Nazism-, R9K- and /v/ : /v/ harder : /v/ overdrive-boards in my life.
>>
>>11829562

Why are people upset over the captcha, exactly?
>>
>>11829578
Idk. I only post on /m/, here or there.
It's nice to not get banned for spoilered nudity in an actual screenshot from a Gundam show.
>>
>>11829562
> The CEO of Troll, Inc won't let me be outright racist against Jews and black people, say "cuck", make rape threats, and drop dox on people because muh journalistic integrity
Back in your containment board, /pol/.
>>
>>11829586
It broke some extensions iirc. Also something about having to enter a captcha to view ban status bothers some people because they don't want the reason they got banned to be logged on their google account (I have a dynamic IP and have to reset every now and then because of other people's CP bans so I kinda understand this).
Also the new captcha doesn't show on my Vita so I can only post from my laptop.
>>
>>11829485
I just find it kind of boring. It's missing some kind of ephemeral charm that Build Fighters had, and having two idiots on the team is a lot less appealing to me. Also, there's way too much Quality for me to be happy when I watch it.
>>
File: HITLER.jpg (44KB, 1023x636px) Image search: [Google]
HITLER.jpg
44KB, 1023x636px
>>11829586
They aren't, they're mad because moot applied the radiation therapy to the cancer that is /pol/ by wordfiltering it, removing captcha, and allowing outright trolling, and it's having the desired effect of running all the undesirables off 4chan.
>>
>>11829562
There are some stupid bans on 4chan.org/bans.
>>
>>11829592
Actually I've seen casual racism go undeleted/unreported on /m/ while entire threads worth of negative opinions of Robot Girls Z were deleted by a janitor and replaced with "I enjoyed it".
Not everyone who complains is a Nazi, anon.
>>
>>11829627
Also, /tumblr/ is pretty much back to normal, even if everything is wordfiltered.
>>
>>11829586

We're doing unpaid work for google.

Captcha obviously is used to fix issues in their google maps system (mostly recognizing street numbers), in google book's text recognition system and most recently in their image search system.
>>
>>11829627
If you see it, please report it.
Even though we like fightin' robots and grown ups dressed in spandex, we like to pride ourselves on /m/aturity and UNDERSTANDING.
>>
>>11829485
>Ez-8

You fucking newfag those are Dragonar inspired using the Ez-8 as a base.
>>
Ez-8
Ez-8 Heavy Armed Custom
Ez-8 High Mobility Custom
Ez-SR1 Intruder
Ez-SR2 Eliminator
Ez-SR3 Shadow Phantom

I sure never expected to see so many Ez-8 variants!

The SRs need a better color scheme, though. That is, they need to actually HAVE a color scheme.
>>
File: latest.jpg (335KB, 974x1347px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
335KB, 974x1347px
Heavy Armed Custom FTW
>>
I actually like Try better than S1. I like the characters better especially Seikei.
>>
>>11829586
The new captcha is barely functional on my phone. I have to refresh the whole page 80% of the time.
>>
>>11829674
Also, the new Captcha requires usage of the mouse, which really gets under the skin of a /g/entle/m/an like myself. Old captcha could be tabbed into, much faster than having to move to the mouse and click.
>>
>>11829485
Try is acceptable, have a huge potential, but it's not being SO GOOD as season 1 because some dumb reasons.

- Despite the 3x3, it's less innovative. People expected more.

- The characters are good (Sekai > Reiji, Fumina > China, Minato > Mao...), but the character plot is weak. The harem syndrome can be fun (Gyanko > Yajima Karolyne), but it's just a default fanservice.

- The fights could be way better, but the BBGundam's G Gundam nostalgia make a mess and the fight system is rigid, there are no big moments, no surprises and the attacks are really repetitive (like the end of season 1 fights).

Really hope for better fights, like ep. 15 and 18.
>>
File: 1403493858330.jpg (141KB, 766x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1403493858330.jpg
141KB, 766x1024px
>>
>>11829635
>we like to pride ourselves on /m/aturity and UNDERSTANDING.
I wish I could say this describes my experience with /m/. Let's continue to work together to build a better world, anon.
>>
>>11829485
No. The crap ones this season are G-Reco and Cross Ange.
>>
>>11829505
D-3 would be proud
>>
>>11829587
ive never seen that happen nor heard of that till now. btw 1/8 chin i left after a while because its becoming too much like reddit with all the hugboxing in the smaller boards.
>>
I still think GBFT is decent, it just kinda lacks the umph that GBF had.
The team fighting does hurt it by not really giving anytime for a sense of tension to set in, try launches, gets pushed around a bit, then something happens where Seikai Jenga howls, opponents are like" that light" and blow up.
There's no back and forth going on. The team system could have worked if they still had one on one stuff with the team battles taking center-stage for like 2-3 episodes.
The shear lack of building, in a good portion of GBF, sei et al were always tinkering with their kits. besides yuuma no-body is seen just tinkering around with their kit.
The lack of cheese, GBF exuded cheese better then ez-squeeze and rolled around in it. The cameos(character or kit), the character's actions( we had a black japanophile, who in his spare time re-enacted ninja gaiden) GBFT seems kinda of bland past sekai.
TLDR it's missing a lot of potential i'm hoping that it will find in the second half.
>>
>>11829516
>Pissed me off when the Jim Cardigan was swapped for an SD-Gundam.

Oh man, this. Fumi had a perfectly fine role as heavy-weapons support and now she's just the delivery system for the gimmicky super weapons. Which brings the question: Why don't they have those weapons on in the first place? Why do they have to be dropped and attached mid-battle?
>>
I don't think it's really any significant amount worse than the original outside of the poor choice of the 3 vs 3 battles.
But the issues with that keep creeping up more and more. There's just not enough room on this battlefield of showboating and super finishers for three guys per team.
>>
I like the characters this season a lot more.
Characters like Mao and China just had too weak of a presence in the last show, and the rivalries just felt so friendly it was boring.
It's nice to see characters actually oppose eachother this time around, even on their own teams.
>>
File: Fumina-Cardigan.jpg (74KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Fumina-Cardigan.jpg
74KB, 640x960px
In agreement with the "decent but not as good as the first season" group. Flaws are more prominent than GBF's, but there's still room for improvement. Wife and I are still enjoying it, alongside Reco, at the very least.
>>
File: Fumina-re_what.png (204KB, 260x444px) Image search: [Google]
Fumina-re_what.png
204KB, 260x444px
Have been wanting Fumina to act a bit more... Sei-y, though. She's established as a fan of the series, but more often it's other characters giving Gundam exposition for Sekai's sake.
>>
File: GBFT_Yazans.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GBFT_Yazans.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
Latest episode was kinda one of the better of the bunch, being a tad less heavy and more open to having fun with its story and characters. I mean, black, surfing Turn A and ballbuster baby Beargguy, come on.
>>
>>11831522
Don't worry, Nils will hypnotize her next episode and she will start quoting Lacus.
>>
>>11831522
Is she a fan of the series?
I thought she was a fan of building and fighting more than the source material.
In fact I get that vibe from like 80% of the characters from both shows.
>>
>>11831532
>implying she doesn't start quoting south burning instead
>>
>>11829735
>>11831505
>>11829658
>The characters are good

"MUH CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
"MUH KARATE!"
"MUH BUILDER PRIDE!"
"MUH SHIELDS!"
"MUH BRUDDER!"
"MUH RAHVALREE!"
"MUH GOOFS!"
"MUH WATER!"

Everyone in Try is a selfish twat with no real growth whatsoever, and side characters that exist just to latch on to the main three in some way, shape, or form for an episode before they get cast to the wayside.
>>
>>11831473
I actually thought of this, and I can only assume that Winning's upgrades can be applied to gunpla other than just burning and lightning. That way she can support any teammate, not just those two. So no matter what gunpla they launch with for whatever reason, they can still get upgrades as long as winning is on the field with them. Basically winning is just a support machine for anyone, which is the answer that makes the most sense to me.

Also, it lets them launch with less of a loadout and not be lugging around a bunch of equipment they don't need at the moment and being slowed down by it.

The real answer though is that it's just a fun gimmick for the gunpla sales.
>>
>>11831557
A great contrast to season 1.
>Sei Iori sucks at fighting and has like, one friend. Starts making all sorts of friends and perfecting his craft, while also learning how to fight in Gunpla.
>China likes Sei and thinks Gunpla is cool, and wants to be a part of it too. Gets close to Sei and then learns Gunpla from him.
>Reiji learns how to be... I don't know... more human I guess? Fuck it.
>Ramba Ral
>What'shername stops being a selfish idol and learns to appreciate Gunpla.
OK so beyond Sei and China there wasn't a whole lot of character development from zero to infinity, but at least they tried.
>>
>>11831557
>"MUH CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Sei
>"MUH KARATE!"
Nills.
>"MUH BUILDER PRIDE!"
Fellini.
>"MUH SHIELDS!"
Saz- actually, do i even need to say it?
>"MUH BRUDDER!"
Renatos
>"MUH RAHVALREE!"
Reiji/Yuuki
"MUH GOOFS!"
Same dude, both shows

It's easy to dismiss entire characters into catchphrases if you're that intent on it.
Also

"MUH WATER!"
rip water guys, we hardly knew you.
>>
>>11831568
Reiji didn't learn shit besides how to build Gunpla in that one episode.
>>
>>11831572
He did learn to be a bit less of a condescending dick throughout the show.
>>
>>11831574
I hardly noticed. Just seemed like he was less of a dick to people who was familiar with.
>>
>>11831576
Didn't he beat up a bunch of guys in the first couple of episodes, and then didn't he insist on victory at all costs when he was fighting early on in the show? By the end of the show he approached Gunpla as more of a for-fun sport and less like it was an opportunity to be a badass. He was also more humble about it.

His growth was far more subtle though. And yeah, like >>11831574 said he basically just learned how make his tendency to be a self-interested jackass less overt.
>>
The characters/storyline really isn't any more or less shallow in ether of the two shows, it's just that by Try, the idea has really run it's course and the only real attempt to rejuvenate it (three on three battles) totally backfired, and the writes/choreographers clearly have no clear how to implement it properly.
>>
>>11829647
>HAVE color scheme
Do you even /k/? You sounds like some sort of super edge lord who paints his Gunpla BLACK and RED only
>>
I actually haven't watched try yet, but part of the reason I liked gbf was because of the story. To the best of my knowledge, there's nothing anywhere nearly as good as the friendship of sei and reiji in try. Also who the fuck really wanted try? I wanted gbf s2.
>>
It gets more threads than GNR lel.
>>
If Pokemon and YuGiOh can go on as long as they did, GBT should be capable of the same thing.
>>
>>11829505
A best.
>>
>>11831754
Guns N' Roses?
Of course it does, this is /m/, not /mu/!
>>
File: DGGXAM2_Aussenseiter.png (171KB, 370x400px) Image search: [Google]
DGGXAM2_Aussenseiter.png
171KB, 370x400px
>>11831726
B-but I like black and red color schemes...
>>
>>11832687
I wonder if the Dark Matter will look good if you throw some yellow in it.
>>
File: 008_large.jpg (171KB, 800x566px) Image search: [Google]
008_large.jpg
171KB, 800x566px
>>11829485
I wouldn't say that it's crap, but I will say that it's not very good. The issue here is that the characters and plot play far too conservatively and straightforwardly; in essence, it's a standard anime aimed primarily at a younger demographic, with a heavier tourney focus and less on the building of gunpla.

You'll note that GBF was primarily aimed at old neckbeards. Even aside from the All Gundam project, GBF played at the cliches and tropes: when Yuki is introduced in episode 3 one of the background girls goes, "yeah, he's cute, but it'd be better if he played music or something instead of gunpla". Everything was tongue-in-cheek.

There's not much in Try for the oldfag (male late teen to early 30s), which, incidentally, is the demographic which actually buy the majority of gunpla: there's some recolors but very few customs (particularly in Dengeki Hobby and Hobby Japan, which is telling), almost no character cameos (outside of some dream sequences), and both Fumina and Yuuma (who are supposed to play up the Gundam geekiness) are weak foils to Sekai.

Also, Fuck Build Knuckle Mk II. That was was the worst part of GBF, and now dominates this show. Hell, this show is basically what we're getting for the 20th anniversary of G-Gundam.
>>
>>11832699
ANYTHING to break that colorscheme would be nice.
>>
The 3vs3 dynamic is not an inherently bad idea (hell, I actually wanted the first GBF to be 3vs3 teams, just like in the OVA), but it was implemented awfully. The characters are too flat and don't really interact or complement each other. Fumina and Yuuma might as well stay benched for the entire match, since Sekai always carries the match alone by itself (minus the pointless gimmicky fist upgrade gimmick) because he's the one with a World-Championship-quality gunpla fighting school kids.

The martial arts gimmick was fun for 2 or 3 episodes, but it has gotten old. I'd rather have a more conventional approach like in GBF, where they at least tried to fight with usual gundam stuff for a while before resorting to particle spam, particle-reinforced joints and fisting their path to victory.

Yuuma could be do stuff, but he's written to not be and just fail miserably at everything. Fumina died for me when she switched from a custom grunt unit capable of being a good all-around fighter to a SD that happens to be a glorified moving addon carrier.

>>11831757
>You either live a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
>>
>>11831757
Pokemon really isn't a good example of that being done gracefully.
>>
I always feel so lost in the generals for this show.
It all seems to be husbando worshipping and talking about voice actors, and little about the actual gunpla or gunpla battles.
It's at least nice to see other people are seeing the problems of the 3 on 3 fights.
>>
The biggest problem of GBFT is that there are too many girl characters clogging up the narrative and being useless. 3v3 battles would be just fine if Fumina was a man and stuck to the GM Cardigan. Gyanko should have stayed gone after episode 3. G-Master's bitch is okay if only because Sleggar put her in her place.

#Gunplagate
>>
>>11832808
Not even remotely controversial. You need to use the word SJW more, even if some people filter them.
>>
>>11832808
At this point, Yuuma is just as much of a hindrance as Fumina. I thought the show was at least going to be him and Sekai doing all the work, but now Yuuma is jobbing regularly too.
>>
>>11832822
You don't really want Yuuma to be able to solo Saga, do you?
>>
File: 3au8qg5.png (19KB, 441x495px) Image search: [Google]
3au8qg5.png
19KB, 441x495px
>>11832821
>SJW

I thought around here we called them "Winning Apologists".
>>
File: 100.jpg (138KB, 1000x1087px) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
138KB, 1000x1087px
>>11832808
Cardigan was the shit. Why, GBFT? Why?

As for the quality of the show and Build knuckle the Animation, I think(hope?) they just keeping all the good stuff for later. And then, it'll become aoty.
>>
>>11832808
>would be just fine if Fumina [...] stuck to the GM Cardigan.
At least one thing in your post was true.
>>
>>11833261
>Implying having tits = having skill worthy of the Cardigan

Stay mad Fumina apologist scum.
>>
>>11832822
>At this point, Yuuma is just as much of a hindrance as Fumina.

Somebody must've poked both of your eyes out, because Yuuma's pretty much useless unless he's in a perfect position to snipe and Sekai herps and derps all over the place. Both of them need Yumina to actually pull their cart out of the mud.

Still, fuck canned H-Bomb Kungfu moves. That was what made the fights in the last part of Build Fighters boring.

>>11832808
But none of that's about ethics in video game reviews.
>>
>>11833323
It's about ethics in Gunpla Battle. Team Tacticool should have won if it weren't for that slut Fumina pulling shit out of her ass and helping her team cheat to win. Let's not forget Sekai's sister sleeping with Yuuma to get a super awesome gunpla to win that race with even though she didn't (Thank god).
>>
>>11833344

But Yumina didn't have sex with anybody that isn't you, Anon.

We can only get this ball rolling if you can come up with a story of her having sex with anybody but you. That is the essential bit we're missing here.
>>
just watched the latest episode, shit it fucking retarded. The only good thing is the model we get out of this.
>>
File: turboslut.jpg (154KB, 1152x1247px) Image search: [Google]
turboslut.jpg
154KB, 1152x1247px
>>11833364
>story of her having sex with anybody

It's happening as we speak.
>>
>>11833706
at least we got Amejin Jesus of gunpla and Sugita

Also Build Burning jobbing
>>
>>11829485
Can someone post that Ez-Sr/Red warrior custom?
>>
File: EZ-Red.jpg (150KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
EZ-Red.jpg
150KB, 480x720px
>>11833733
No.

Except yes.
>>
>>11829604
not really, pols more or less gone back to normal.
>>
File: 53.jpg (73KB, 600x789px) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
73KB, 600x789px
>>11831726
>>11832687

Black and red can work. You just gotta pay attention to what you're doing.
>>
>>11829555

That's every single Gundam ever made you silly fuck.
>>
This fucking autistic obsession with character development having to be in EVERY anime EVER is getting fucking old /m/.

You're not Roger Ebert and this isn't a medium trying to express itself as high art at any opportunity.

It's a fucking show about kids playing with toy robots and trying to have as much fun as possible while they do so. If the fights get boring (and some have been, I won't debate that) then complain all you want about the lack of engaging action. Complaining about 'plot pacing' and 'character development' just make you look like fedora wearing idiots.

Enjoy the show or don't, but don't pretend like it's some sort of high-minded drama, because it isn't.
>>
>>11834467
this looks sexy
>>
>>11837656
>This isn't high art
>Therefore we shouldn't apply the expectations commonly made against popular arts
>In fact, because of it's subject matter you shouldn't have expectations of BFT at all and if you do, I'll assosiate you with fedora retards in an attempt to validate my fucking stupid opinons.

You're trying to be reasonable. And I appriciate that. Just next time you want to contribute to a discussion, think about it, then don't.
>>
I think the main problem is the 3 vs 3 battle itself.
>>
>>11837737
It divides the focus of the show from the already stock characters. There's no development of substance.
>>
>>11829502
>they´ll get their shit together within the next few episodes
It won't happen.
first season set the bar too high tough. good characters, good direction, budget, mecha design, score, everything was above average. there was no way they could do it twice in a row
>>
File: hammer1.jpg (710KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hammer1.jpg
710KB, 1200x1200px
>>11837722
>>
>>11837656
>don't pretend like it's some sort of high-minded drama, because it isn't.
The problem is that it is exactly that. Try is so diluted that it lacks the self-awareness that the first season had. Now, it is fine that Try is aiming for the younger demographic, but problematic if the brand and genre rely heavily on older fans to purchase their products.

>trying to have as much fun as possible
I would disagree heartily. Is anyone really having fun with the show? The character scenes and interactions, in particular, are so incredibly conservative and predictable as to be outright boring. The animators have been producing significantly less fanart in their spare time for this show than in GBF. Both major hobby magazines (Dengeki and Hobby Japan) have very few Try builds or customs compared to GBF, etc etc.

Now, Try is not a terrible show if you want to turn off your brain and just watch mediocre high school hijinks and punching robots, but there's plenty of other shows out there that do that.
>>
>>11829739
>Several ton weapon suspended from a strap
>>
File: Flashdiscovers4chan.png (277KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
Flashdiscovers4chan.png
277KB, 500x301px
>>11837656
>Complaining about 'plot pacing' and 'character development' just make you look like fedora wearing idiots

>fedora wearing idiots

Welcome to 4chan!
>>
>>11833219
I want to see her SD get rekt in the tourny, so she has to pull out the Cardigan again and continue on with that for the next matches.
>>
>>11833219

Because vanilla Powered GMs with MOAR GUNS as their gimmicks were boring, I guess.

But everyone creams their drawers over it because of muh grunts.
>>
>>11831574
Nope, as a person he just got worse.
>>
at first i was rooting the SD gundam while everyone dissing it and prefer GM cardigan, so call those people faggots

but then SD finally making it's appearance with those stupid gimmick and un-fun battles and holy shit i was the faggot all along

im so sorry guys, now i miss Cardigan too
>>
File: 7q46qg.png (291KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
7q46qg.png
291KB, 640x480px
>>11838360
I can't help but laugh at the autistic hypocrisy /m/ spews regarding everything in the show.

"BAAAAWWW! LIGHTNING GENDUM IS BORING AND VANILLA!"
>So is the GM Cardigan

"BAAAAAW WINNING GENDUM IS JUST DERE TO SELL TOOOOY!"
>So are the rest of the gunpla used.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWW! SEKAI WINS DA SAME WAY EVERY TIIIIIIIME!"
>Implying Build Knuckle never found a way to get crammed in last season

I think the only way GBF would win everyone over is if every match was 1v1, no weapons, Final Destination, Scopedog only.
>>
File: anime ja nai.jpg (107KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
anime ja nai.jpg
107KB, 1024x575px
>>11829485
I'm enjoying it and looking forward to the new episode each week. I agree that, so far, it has not been as good as the original GBF but there is still a lot of potential for the show to get even better.
>>
>>11829505
>donut
>not bagel
>or saucer
>or disc
>or frisbee

It doesn't even have a hole in the middle.
>>
>>11840046
bagels have holes
>>
>>11829604
Because moot getting rid of /n/ made all the /n/ posters go away right?
>>
>>11840044
By the way, what is with that song they were singing in the pic? Is it a Seed reference maybe? Or did they just make it up for the show?
>>
>>11829635
>we like to pride ourselves on /m/aturity and UNDERSTANDING.

>we
>>
>>11832822
In Yuuma's case it actually fits his characterization: first of all he was retired from battles for two years. He started identifying as a fighter only recently, and just when he was full of confidence he got destroyed. Also obviously he should get brutally destroyed by his nemesis at this point, otherwise there would be no growth for him left in the series. Yuuma has became a proper character only recently, because his arc is actually starting now. Next episode should be important for him to grow as a fighter.
>>
>>11831522
Well, at least you got your wish. I think they saw this post.
>>
>>11840054
not english ones

>>11840063
It's the first intro song to ZZ.
>>
>>11832808
If anything there's not enough girl characters. The first season had so many that stuck around. Now it's 3v3 and they have opportunities for more girls and they keep bringing in these shitty men. Eyebrow cutie was a breath of fresh air, for sure.
>>
>>11840063
Gundam ZZ
>>
File: 1388771016423.jpg (74KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1388771016423.jpg
74KB, 600x450px
>>11840072
It's too late for her to be like Sei-kyun. "Singing" badly ANIME JANAI won't save her.

We need more Minato and Yuuma interactions, they are the nerdiest characters. Also we still haven't got either Sazaki in S1 or Gyanko in S2 saying いいもの.
>>
I really hope they'll stick with those summer clothes for the rest of the series, like they did in first season. Fumina's sports outfit sucks and when the girl is constantly showing off skin it just loses all its value.
>>
>>11831473
So she can do the whole "YOU THOUGHT YOU KILLED ME BUT I ACTUALLY SEPARATED AT THE LAST MOMENT" trick, I guess.
>>
>>11840147
You know, she could field a Turn X and do the same
>>
>>11840226
But people already know the Turn X can do that.

Also, now I want her to pilot a Turn X custom for the second half. 'Turn G Gundam' or something. It will never happen.
>>
File: 1393256865754.gif (3MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1393256865754.gif
3MB, 280x210px
>>11829499
all it needs is a litte go fast
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 884x167px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18KB, 884x167px
hey, is it just me or did the GBFT general 404
>>
The magic's lost for a lot of people, honestly. The novelty of GBF's lost so people are just now realizing that yes, they are doing a standard shounen anime. All the tongue-in-cheek shit and supposed subversiveness of the first season is standard 00's shounen children's toy commercial anime storytelling too combined with gundam's self-awareness of its status as a franchise, so it's honestly not THAT novel in that regard.

I get why people would get turned off but I wish they'd realize all the complaints leveled at this season can be aimed at the first season too, the only difference that the first season has the excuse of being unusual at the time by virtue of being the first
>>
>>11838360
>>11840011

I think a lot of us like the Cardigan because its appearance is a lot more pleasing than Winning's.

The whole tired "There to sell to toys" line is because supposedly the suits put Winning in because hardly anyone gave a shit about SDs and they wanted to change that.

Also, lastly, and this is more opinion (but I've heard a couple others with it), I didn't like Fumina ditching it because it looks like a badass suit and has a decent performance only to get relegated to a "cute/girly" SD kind of like how China used her yellow Bearguy last season.
It feels like it's saying "Girls can only really like Gunpla like THESE. THE END."

I doubt we'd mind her giving out power-ups as much if they found some way to incorporate it into the Cardigan.
>>
>>11840551
You just reminded me I'm planning to someday get a Grimoire, the EZ-Arms, some 1/144 tanks and turn it into an almost-Scopedog.
Also probably give it the shortened beam-axe from System weapon 007
>>
>>11840753
Episode 4 proved SDs can be awsome. It´s just the Winning that is shit.
>>
File: 111111111111111.png (1MB, 599x1444px) Image search: [Google]
111111111111111.png
1MB, 599x1444px
>>
>>11840776
This. It's like a magical girl mascot character that shits out powerups in pinch and that's all.
>>
File: Untitled-4.jpg (167KB, 864x546px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.jpg
167KB, 864x546px
>>11840815
I like how R-GyaGya is the only suit that doesn't have the other teammates in background on the box art.
>>
>>11840011

What made Cardigan speshul for me was two fold: first you have a Gundam show where the main character (well atleast one of them) was not piloting a Gundam but a glorified Jim. Second they gave the only girl main character something as non-girly as possible.

>>11840753

Hell I would have been OK if they'd given her a Bearguy instead of an SD.
>>
File: 17770594_p1.jpg (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
17770594_p1.jpg
2MB, 1280x1024px
>>11840776
Yeah, as far as SD-only designs go Winning is boring. It's a really vanilla design, just tiny. Plus that gimmick of tearing itself to pieces to powerup everyone else kinda stops it from doing cool stuff itself.
Fumina should have gotten a BB Senshi of some sort if she wanted a SD, those are great.
>>
File: even gundam wiki knows whats up.jpg (32KB, 493x142px) Image search: [Google]
even gundam wiki knows whats up.jpg
32KB, 493x142px
>>11840829
>Second they gave the only girl main character something as non-girly as possible.
A GM? GMs are girly. Sayla got one, it was even the girl bot in fucking Doozy Bots.
>>
>>11829516
Thirded, Jim Cardigan was so awesome looking and then they go "nerp, cute SD gendums for the gurls". Fuck that.
>>
>>11840828
R-GyaGya is really one of the coolest MS of the show.
>>
File: B4qiXW8CMAAq1CU.jpg (91KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
B4qiXW8CMAAq1CU.jpg
91KB, 1024x768px
>>11841068
It really is, and aside the gold that can be just painted with better gold the plamo is flawless. Why can't mine be here already.
>>
>>11841068
Yeah, seconded.
I was miffed there wasn't an R-Jarja in the first season but I like this better.
Shame it doesn't seem to have the Jar's rifle but I guess you could always give it a Zaku-III's if you really wanted.
>>
File: Gyan YMS-15SS.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gyan YMS-15SS.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>11841080
It should inherit Gyan YMS-15SS's Gelgoog rifle
>>
>>11841068
I'll be sad to see it get replaced if what Gyanko said is true.
>>
File: 47455433_p0.jpg (296KB, 666x932px) Image search: [Google]
47455433_p0.jpg
296KB, 666x932px
>>11841096
If she has her brother's spirit she'll just keep upgrading it to perfection
>>
>>11841087
By that logic, I'd give it the Jaeger's rifle, since it's the younger, sleeker model.

>>11841103
SHE'D BETTER.
>>
>>11841080
But R-Gyagya is a knight type MS.
>>
File: 4353654767.jpg (369KB, 1600x1423px) Image search: [Google]
4353654767.jpg
369KB, 1600x1423px
>>11841108
Gyan is a knight and close combat type of MS too, but Gyan Vulcan is a deconstruction of Gyans.
>>
>>11840828
They just wanted to make it clear they aren't making kits of the other two.
>>
>>11841117
Gyan Vulcan is just Sazaki refining his style.
>drops the shield in his first fight because swords are cooler
>in the prelims he notices the shield is actually fucking great
>GyanGyaGyan is a Gyan that dual-wields them
>GyanVulcan is fully designed as a dual-shield wielding, dakka spraying unit
>>
>>11841130
He dropped his shield to make it a fair fight.
>>
>>11837792
>good characters
lol
>>
File: B3XKYIrCIAAxhTs.jpg (364KB, 1003x930px) Image search: [Google]
B3XKYIrCIAAxhTs.jpg
364KB, 1003x930px
>>11841096
Gyanko's new gunpla, if the show's record is any indication
>>
File: MAX03_Adzam_-_Front.png (1MB, 1166x1046px) Image search: [Google]
MAX03_Adzam_-_Front.png
1MB, 1166x1046px
>>11841156
If they wanted to give her cute gunpla, they could make it somehintg M'quve related.

>implying loli Gyanko didn't use pink Adzam
>>
>>11841124
So when are we getting the MSV GM Sniper Custom?
>>
File: 46701653_p0.jpg (2MB, 1780x1400px) Image search: [Google]
46701653_p0.jpg
2MB, 1780x1400px
See?
Girls can have non cutesy gunpla.
>>
File: 157.jpg (130KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
157.jpg
130KB, 1280x1024px
>>11841156
>>
File: 60dba400.jpg (118KB, 800x1064px)
60dba400.jpg
118KB, 800x1064px
>>11841245
R-GyaGya is sexy mistress.
>>
God you GM-fags are damn annoying.
>>
>>11840753
Your opinion is shit.

Did you really thing a GM would last for the whole show?
>>
>>11841253
>no extra hands on the kit to make that pose
for shame
>>
How buttblasted would you be if Fumina never gets a third gunpla because the Winning was supposed to be her mid-season upgrade?
>>
>>11841270
Not too much, but I'm expecting some sort of upgrade to the winning or another SD.
>>
what the hell is going on here??
>>
>>11841259
>Your opinion is shit.
How wounding.

>Did you really thing a GM would last for the whole show?
Not remotely but more than two episodes would have been nice.
And something as disappointing as the Winning just adds to it.
>>
>>11841274
GM fags are whining again, nothing new too see.
>>
>>11841277
two episodes is more than enough
>>
>>11841256

Your dick is super deformed
>>
>>11841278
>>11841282
samefag
>>
File: tfw mk-II.jpg (209KB, 707x1052px) Image search: [Google]
tfw mk-II.jpg
209KB, 707x1052px
Just accept the harsh reality. A master of two mobile suits can't love them both equally.
>>
Would it've been better if they went for 2v2 instead of 3v3?
>>
>>11841303
People would still bitch about close combat so no.

Would be fun to see more fuminaxsekai though
>>
>>11841303
1v1, but with rotating pilots.
>>
File: 324324.png (4MB, 1231x1600px) Image search: [Google]
324324.png
4MB, 1231x1600px
>>11832713
hadnt seen that custom before, but that should be in the damn show. The build chimaira gundam would make an awesome end or near end-boss for the season
>>
>>11841303
We already kind of had pairs in S1. I actually thought back then that it would be interesting if they had group battles, but now I realize it's not working. The only way I'd see it working is sentai setting: have a group of 3-5 mobile suits battling against one huge mobile suit.
>>
>>11841318
if youre gonna go that route wouldnt it be more exciting to have 1v1 mobile armor only battles with the 3 person team on both sides scrambling to work together
>>
>>11840766
what about gbf mook
>>
>>11841370
when i first saw the mooks in the first series i thought they were always intended as a sort of reference to the scopedogs
>>
>>11841370
That's a fun idea too but I just get a more Scopedog vibe from the Grimoires. Especially when one's holding its beam SMG in both hands and just blasting away.
I'd probably put a sight lens over one of its eyes too.

When I first saw a Mock, it made me think of the Golem bot from Batman Beyond.
>>
>>11840828
oh they are in the background alright, see those balls of explosions back there?
>>
>>11840815
Yep.
>>
>>11841240
it got wrecked, therefore it will not have a proper kit. Or it might be P-bandai only
>>
>>11841213
SD sangokuden Gyan
>>
> all this apology for shit concept

Winning Gundam can, literally, reconstitute itself into a different weapon platform. On it's own it's not a shit, in fact it's a great unit

Look at those alt mode
> Mini-warship + rocket punch
> Core booster

Look at those weapon
> Motherfucking beam crossbow
> motherfucking rotary saw

The reason people mad is because Fumina sacrificed her performance to make her team stood out.

Which is clever, because she want to win, but that doesn't make her decision anymore charming. In fact, it's worse than shit.
>>
>>11842237
what a shame she rarely uses any of winning's gimmicks except SEIKAI HERE COMES THE GIANT FIST
>>
>>11842237

One of the main problems is that we don't get to see shit from Fumina or the asshole kid as Sekai's windup sequence eats up time like a fatso eats cheetos.
>>
>>11842263

Blame the hardon on Sekai, fucker hog all the spotlight from the beginning to end.

Fuck latest episode supposed to be centered on Yuuma, but muscle retard stole the fight anyway.

>>11842265
Indeed, like X Maoh, X-bone Maoh or R-Gyagya, writers focused too much on main suit that they forgot other suit's gimmick even EXIST
>>
I dont like it as much as BF but I will admit latest episode was amazing - the buildup to the Red Warrior was pure epics. Hopefully someone will scanlate the manga after being inspired by it ;). Maybe I'll just flick between Plawres Sanshiro and BF Try really quickly to feel lime Im reading it though.
>>
>>11842298
> liking Red warrior
> ;)
>>
>>11842298
>People fighting
>suddenly yuki comes in
>epic

Wow ok, maybe you should watch some play school for more epic story telling.
>>
>>11842298
>red warrior literally just arrived
>haven't done anything yet except reviving particle 1/144 flowers
>epic
>>
File: Jesus Gundam.jpg (78KB, 478x750px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Gundam.jpg
78KB, 478x750px
GUNPLA JESUS TIRES OF YOUR FIGHTING...
>>
Why not make this series more witty like JoJo?
>>
I was actually rewatching some GBF episodes at work and yeah, I kind of agree. I still like Try, but I was expecting the series to have kind of, you know, heated up by now. Instead, it's almost halfway over and it doesn't feel as fun as GBF did.

I guess with GBF, you had so many cool/fun/interesting characters interacting, so many different gunpla, etc. but Try feels more like it focuses on the blander new characters. Sei and Reiji were just more endearing and funny than the new trio. Some of the new gunpla designs are just hideous, like the three zaku that got whipped in the new episode.

I'll stick with Try, but I hope it doesn't end up being the last season (I'll hold hope against the odds). I just hope we get some more HYPE soon.
>>
>>11842495
The formula is just bad for variety. It goes to quick so any new character is soon dealt with and gone

No one sticks around long enough but they spend way more time developing them than the main cast
>>
>>11842511
Yeah, I guess that's true. In GBF it felt like the first part of the series established the main cast (Sei, Reiji, Ral, Tatsuya, China) really well, then more characters like Mao, Fellini, Nils, Aila, etc. were introduced and played continuing parts throughout. Even minor characters like Kirara, Allan, Baker, etc. show up again.

In Try, I feel like the only ones we'll see again are Gyanko, the Miyazata fags, Snap Build Simon and Minato, but I doubt they'll show up as anything more than cheer leaders for Sekai, who dominates every match. Most GBF episodes had a good balance of Sei and Reiji, but Fumina and Yuuma are perpetually jobbing. Even in the new episode, Sekai ends up stealing the spotlight against Yuuma's nemesis.
>>
>>11842561
Forgot to add, the reason I don't like Sekai being so prominent is Sei and Reiji becoming best bros till the end was one of my favorite parts of GBF, and adding Mao and Nils to the group was fun too. In Try, it doesn't feel as bro between the main three, even still.

Also is Allan canon gay for Tatsuya? Normally I wouldn't bother asking, but GBF already had a white guy and a black guy snagging Japanese women, so you never know.
>>
>>11842561
Exactly. Try wastes so much time in the wrong places it just feels badly made. I think the tournament should have come later because as it is there is no way we will see people come back and fight unless they stall the plot. It's just bad planning.

The team also has no dynamic either. I don't dislike anyone but I also don't care about their friendship
>>
>>11842601
Yeah. It also feels awkward because of the obvious love triangle dynamic, so they shoved Sekai's way older sister in as a love interest for Yuuma, which is just awkward.
>>
>>11842614
I don't mind that, I think Mirai and Yuuma are funny together. Fumina and Sekai makes no sense though.

Sekai in general makes little sense. His master better turn out to be Master Asia rip off
>>
>>11842582
This I can actually get behind. In terms of character balance and growth, Sekai has been a fucking spotlight hog with Yuuma's development getting maybe two or three minutes with Sakai for a few eps, and Fumina falling to the wayside. Which is most jarring since it's her fucking team. Nevermind the fact that there have been little to no interactions between her and Yuuma, even though they were like the super bestest of friends since they were kids.

TL;DR:Good characters. But their chemistry needs work. A lot of work.
>>
File: 1395047528602.jpg (819KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1395047528602.jpg
819KB, 1920x1080px
>>11842624
It's gonna be this universe's Domon (just like this universe has a Ral), who I guess could be construed as a Master Asia knockoff. Keep an eye out next time you watch the title sequence.

Funny enough, the Kasshu family appears toward the end of GBF at the gunpla festival.

>>11842643
Agreed. Might as well name it The Sekai Show. And I don't dislike Sekai, but the other characters need to develop too, as does their relationship.
>>
>>11837626
Thats why i said it feels MORE like a toy commercial you fucking idiot.
>>
>>11842291
Pretty sure they forgot about Star Build Strike's
most gimmicks too. Well we did get to see like them all at once but mostly it focused just on that knuckle.
>>
>>11843991
And that is why Jigen Haoh will never be as bad as the Build Knuckle, because they had other options available and never even considered them. Sekai only has his martial arts and at least has different moves to vary it up a bit.
>>
>>11843991
No, with SBS they acknowledge it exist, just that plot prevent them from being useful at all.

Like, jesus Christ, I literally screamed when they ditch fully functional equipment at the start of battle because muh knuckle

>>11843993
And they STILL insist to use punch because muh newtype fist

Where is my Build Suplex banrise?
>>
>>11844018
There was moves like this one, I don't remember it being used more than here.
>>
>>11844030
>>
>>11844018
>Like, jesus Christ, I literally screamed when they ditch fully functional equipment at the start of battle because muh knuckle
That was only in the Nils fight because Nils was a cheater who turned on god mode. The only way to win was to cheat harder.
>>
>>11844033
They COULD pick the equipment after the sword breaks

They never did, and thus the worst fight in world tournament ensue
>>
>>11844018
>Where is my Build Suplex banrise?
He is a karate kid, not a wrestler.
>>
>>11844050
>He is a karate kid, not a wrestler.
Okay, more armbar and grapple instead
>>
I wouldn't have a problem with Sekai's kung-fu if it wasn't for the fact that he extremely slowly screams every single attack and has yet to do a single normal punch in the Build Burning.

The lack of normal attacks makes things dull and the windup on even a normal attack as a result can stretch up to twenty seconds. Let's not even get started on Winning Knuckle attacks.
>>
>>11844068
>has yet to do a single normal punch in the Build Burning.
Uh, he did that against Shimon
>>
>>11842643
There isn't much room for Fumina to develop. Her only conflict was that she didn't have a team, that was solved already. Her flaws are "she's too nice!" and it looks like they won't give her any development in that regard.

She really isn't that good character. Just your average shonen girl sidekick who works as the healer of the party.
>>
>>11842337
What's so appealing about Red Warrior?

Looks like shit to me
>>
>>11845249
You hate fun.
>>
>>11845249
PERFECT
GUNDAM
III
What's so hard understand?
>>
>>11845249
>What's so appealing about Perfect Optimus Prime, the Amazing Road Warrior?

Watch this on mute...
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0urQfwUFz_Q#t=21m48s

...with this playing instead
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764

It's a Meijin.
>>
If GBF world is Gundam Valhalla when are we going to have a Gundam show where Sei&Co. and the Try Fighters team get killed?
>>
They already went wrong with making Sekai looking like and being Reiji with a bit of Domon. Then they made every battle a gimmick battle with Sekai screaming his Jigen Haohs, Fumina separating after a few shots and Yuuma being boring as fuck.
And lastly they added some really, REALLY retarded and cheap drama with people acting like someone died when their Gunpla got trashed, people getting Gunpla PTSD and now we're getting some Gunpla Assimilation bullshit.
I will keep watching it though, because some designs are really nice and I want to see if it redeems itself or becomes a huge trainwreck.
>>
>>11846386
i fully agree with you, Anon. Also, i want to see another battle with the same quality as SBS vs Fenice. I'm doubting that we will actually get one though.
>>
File: DSC6780.jpg (211KB, 936x1217px) Image search: [Google]
DSC6780.jpg
211KB, 936x1217px
>>11841288
Being Mk II is suffering. Even in Zeta it was introduced as a second-stringer (doesn't have luna titanium armor, isn't going to be upgraded, only 3 were made and two were disassembled) and then it gets sidelined for the Zeta.
>>
File: Rx-178-fxa-05d.jpg (795KB, 2046x2076px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-178-fxa-05d.jpg
795KB, 2046x2076px
>>11846553
It did get an upgrade, though
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.