[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>First official Star Wars novel is released since the old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: ANewDawn.png (4MB, 1046x1572px) Image search: [Google]
ANewDawn.png
4MB, 1046x1572px
>First official Star Wars novel is released since the old ones were declared non-canon.
>It's a Star Wars: Rebels prequel.
>"Oh boy, get ready for kiddie hijinks."
>Kanan is drunk the whole time, spending his days roaming from planet to planet fucking women and murdering other drunks in brawls.
>Takes a stab at conspiracy theorists and SJWs (one of the main characters is an ex Clone Wars vet who has PTSD and has a wall full of notes and diagrams detailing how all the big companies in the galaxy GOT TOGETHER AND DID 9/11... I mean the Clone Wars.
>Kanan discounts him as a lunatic like all the university girls he's fucked who tried to "force their cause of the week onto him."
>Patriot Act allegories everywhere, with one of the main characters working at a surveillance center which has expanded and illegally spies on everyone everywhere for their own good and to root out un-patriotic speech since the Empire took over.
>SEXUALISED DIALOGUE

Is... this supposed to appeal to the kids who watch Star Wars Rebels...?
>>
>>11711932
>>"Oh boy, get ready for kiddie hijinks."

didn't we also say the same about the show itself? and that show has a shit ton of dead stormies.

really it's a far cry from the days of TMNT and the foot robots.

Rebels of murder
>>
>>11711932
>one of the main characters is an ex Clone Wars vet who has PTSD and has a wall full of notes and diagrams detailing how all the big companies in the galaxy GOT TOGETHER AND DID 9/11... I mean the Clone Wars

But they did.

It just so happened that those big companies were being manipulated by Space Wizard Satan.
>>
>>11711941
maybe it's extra companies beyond the Trade Federation?

I'm a few weeks behind, but between the Kenner toys, the space devils, the back of the bus jokes, and all the other crazy shit I'm mostly convinced Rebels is some brilliant postmodern comedy mocking the stupid crap that Star Wars has done through the years.

This description of the book does nothing to change that idea.
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 182x277px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 182x277px
>>11711932
Also now made canon by this book:

>Jedi must not have friends or romantic attachments was a made up rule added to the Jedi code later, so they can ignore it now.

Oh, and in the other new book, Tarkin, the Emperor has a first name now.
It's Sheev.
Sheev Palpatine.
>>
>>11711980
>maybe it's extra companies beyond the Trade Federation?

The appearance of that council of industrialists or whatever the fuck they were on Geonosis from the second prequel movie support the idea that the Trade Federation wasn't the only one with a stake in the clone wars.
>>
>>11711940
>didn't we also say the same about the show itself
Yes.
In addition to you losing your shit over the female Manalorian cast member. Hilarious.
>>
>>11711983
Steeve
>>
>>11711983
I kind of want to read this because I always thought Tarkin was cool. Is it any good?
>>
>>11712103
It's not bad, but I was hoping for a Darth Plageus-style Tarkin epic life story.
Instead it reads more like a gaiden side story, with him tracking down some guys who've stolen his private ship. Him and Darth Vader make a good buddy cop team though.
In fact, I want someone to draw them in a cop car doing a stakeout, eating donuts.
>>
File: Tarkin_Back_Cover.jpg (44KB, 625x950px) Image search: [Google]
Tarkin_Back_Cover.jpg
44KB, 625x950px
Needed more Death Star.
>>
>>11711940
TMNT 2012 gets really violent with Foot robots and they recently just killed splinter.
>>
File: BmF7RSjCQAAZbb1.jpg (109KB, 600x912px) Image search: [Google]
BmF7RSjCQAAZbb1.jpg
109KB, 600x912px
>>11712123
The 2012 CG series is a bit deceptive, in that it seems violent, but they skirt censorship guidelines by never actually showing a fist or foot connect with another person.
Also, nobody's ever died in it as I recall.

Also, this upcoming book could be very good if it lives up to the cover art.
>>
>>11712111
>Instead it reads more like a gaiden side story, with him tracking down some guys who've stolen his private ship
I got to admit, when I hear "Tarkin story", him trying to find who jacked his personal starship isn't the first thing that comes to mind.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.