[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turn A Gundam Complete Record Collection 2: The Memory of Second Wind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 34

File: IMG_5121.jpg (189KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5121.jpg
189KB, 768x1024px
>>
File: IMG_5125.jpg (181KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5125.jpg
181KB, 768x1024px
>>11694837
At the end of the Universal Century, it seemed that the countless space wars would finally come to an end, but the unending consumption had reduced Earth's resources close to zero. During this age, Earth was still the center of human civilization, and mankind sought to restore civilization on Earth. To do this they needed massive amounts of materials, which had to be mined from asteroids which were moved near to Earth. The Sackträger's predecessor, the fixed orbital elevator, was built in order to make moving the mined resources down to Earth easier. This megastructure was also supposed to be a symbol of peace, and Earth did in fact have peace for a few hundred years after the construction of the orbital elevator. It seems that there might have been several orbital elevators during this period, and that Manupiti was the Earthside base station for them, and there is (in Turn A's age) a fuctioning mass driver in Manupiti. After several hundred years, however, another space war erupted and the orbital elevators were destroyed. The remains of the orbital elevators falling from space caused massive damage to Earth, and it is said that some of these parts were later used to built the Sackträger in Manupiti's legends of the Branch of Ades.
>>
File: IMG_5126.jpg (259KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5126.jpg
259KB, 768x1024px
>>11694839
That the parts of the orbital elevators were used to build the Sackträger is not true, however, as they were products of entirely different ages; The elevator collapse was such a huge disaster that as ages passed it continued to be passed down and memories and records of history ended up getting compressed and combining the records of the two completely different megastructures. Also, the helmet worn by the king of Manupiti is based on astronaut helmets from long ago. Either way,the fixed orbital elevator was never rebuilt, and instead the rotation-type Sackträger was built instead. Sackträger is a name in a language of ancient Europe (currently Galia in Turn A), German, which means "bagworm", and was presumably named as such because the elevator climbing up and down looked like a massive bagworm from the ground. There are no records of why the name is in German.
>>
File: IMG_5131.jpg (219KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5131.jpg
219KB, 768x1024px
So yeah, I'd heard that G-Reco's setting came from this ancient (2000) Turn A book so decided to hunt down a copy and check it out. Looks like it's true. Also looks like it's spoilers.

Haven't been through the entire book yet, and that's all that I've fully translated so far, but I'll just post some other interesting bits I've found so far.
>>
File: IMG_5129.jpg (219KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5129.jpg
219KB, 768x1024px
While cold sleep usually doesn't result in dreaming, they have the technology to force someone in cold sleep to dream, and use it on criminals as punishment. Because of the massive amounts of time the people spend in dreams, aware that they're dreaming, they end up being driven insane.

So yeah, that's the difference between regular cold sleep and the "reitou-kei" (punishment by being frozen) that Coren was subjected to, and why he's bonkers.
>>
File: IMG_5127.jpg (223KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5127.jpg
223KB, 768x1024px
Will probably fully translate this bit later but tl;dr

Moonrace moved to the moon AFTER the sacktrager was built

Eco terrorists tried to wipe out mankind with DG cells

Apparently at some point mankind in the Gundam universe went full fucking Macross, expanding to other star systems and creating a pan-galactic transport/communications network

There was a project to turn the moon into a death star and the huge trench seen in Turn A was going to be a track for a massive particle cannon (the project itself never came to fruition)
>>
File: IMG_5132.jpg (195KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5132.jpg
195KB, 768x1024px
Interviewer: "So basically Earth is Israel and the moonrace are Jews, right?"

Tomino: "NO THEY AREN'T FUCK YOU"

(Not word-for-word)
>>
File: IMG_5133.jpg (230KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5133.jpg
230KB, 768x1024px
Random bits from Tomino

-Japanese people were happier in World War II because they had an objective to live for (kill the evil yanks) and didn't expect to be able to live long.

-It's like aids patients with children who don't have the disease. People need to be reminded of death to be able to really live.

-Japan's cheerfulness during WW2 was wrong though. It was a bright society, but a healthy society is one with a good dose of darkness and poison.

-I ever go brain-dead just kill me. I'd rather die than be a vegetable.

-Turn A has nothing to do with Israel because Israel is a RELIGIOUS problem, and religion was purposely left out of Turn A. Religion is the source of all of mankind's problems. Religion is crazy.

-All of mankind should just revert to animism
>>
And that's all for now.
>>
>>11694880
>(Not word-for-word)
Could you do translate it word-for-word later, please? This is the part I'm most interested in, actually.
>>
>>11694837
Cool thread OP, thanks
>>
>>11694908
The Israel part is basically

>>11694894
>-Turn A has nothing to do with Israel because Israel is a RELIGIOUS problem, and religion was purposely left out of Turn A. Religion is the source of all of mankind's problems. Religion is crazy.

But yeah, I'll probably do the interview later.

There's also an interview with Yasuda Akira/Akiman which I'll probably look at some other time.
>>
Pastebinned http://pastebin.com/nndzmTeg
>>
File: 15595113.jpg (397KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
15595113.jpg
397KB, 1000x1500px
This is amazing. Keep up the fantastic work!
>>
>>11694894
>Religion is the source of all of mankind's problems. Religion is crazy.

*tips fedora*
>>
>>11694880
>Interviewer: "So basically Earth is Israel and the moonrace are Jews, right?"
Tomino should have answered:
>back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>11694845
g-self?
>>
>>11695164
Just looks like Mead playing around with the RX-78's design in his process for designing the Turn A.

That single sketch COULD have inspired the G-Self's design 16 years later, but I am skeptical.
>>
>>11695285
It is. Those sketches were in Mead's artbook and are apart of his process in designing Turn A.
>>
>>11694973
epic meme I'll be sure to upboat your post for karma
tu quoque
>>
>>11695355
I love how that page just has a plain fucking ad for Mead's artbook on it.

Also they spell it as "Gumdam" twice.

>inb4 it's written officially so gumdam is the canon spelling
>>
>>11695285

Yea, it looks more like an amalgam of the RX-78-2 and the Turn-A - the only real similarity to the G-Self is the shoulders. It's got an RX-78 style head, the Turn-A's waist cockpit instead of a chest one, there are no beam saber mounts on the shoulders and so on. Still, it's interesting to note that all the mythology in the first few posts lines up pretty much exactly with G-Reco so far.

I did see someone saying a few months back that Tomino had originally planned for a sequel to Turn-A called Turn-A Space or something like that, but it never got past the conception stage because Turn-A itself failed to pull in adequate numbers. All of this background info existing would lend weight to the idea he had more he wanted to do with the setting and it's cool he eventually made a far-flung prequel (or midquel perhaps) to connect early UC and Turn-A more completely, even if this would seem to confirm that G-Reco is never going to lead directly in to the events of Turn-A. So no Turn-X drifting in to the system at the end of the series or what have you (which I've been saying for months). I was wrong about the Ades branch though, and this would seem to confirm that it is the space elevator in G-Reco. And that it's coming down at the end of the show.

I wonder if Tomino is hoping to get a sequel set twixt G-Reco and Turn-A to bridge that gap and cover events like the Zacktraeger?
>>
File: tomino monkey.gif (454KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tomino monkey.gif
454KB, 320x240px
>>11694869
>Eco terrorists tried to wipe out mankind with DG cells

SASUGA TOMINO!
>>
>>11694869
>here was a project to turn the moon into a death star and the huge trench seen in Turn A was going to be a track for a massive particle cannon (the project itself never came to fruition)

Su-Cord! Su-Cord! Astromonical Observation is taboo!
>>
>>11695448
>Su-Cord
>not SU-Cord

Heretic detected.
>>
>>11694837
>The Memory of Second Wind
I have some memories of second wind from the time I went to the burrito buffet
>>
>>11695389
We should create kickstarter for Turn A Space.
>>
>>11695479
Paetron is the new hotness.
>>
>>11695479

The first time I saw /m/ fund a kicstarter was for that gay C movie about space travel that turned out to be a load of nothing. I thought you guys would learn your lesson.
>>
>>11695486

I would imagine it was a joke, given the fact that there's literally no chance of it happening. Shit, Trigger struggled to fund a short using the same method and had to pay quite a bit of the costs themselves because the money they were asking for for Little Witch Academia would only go so far in funding production of even a single episode of an anime. And that's ignoring that Tomino would have no interest even if you had a way of contacting him.

I didn't fund C, but it was okay. I just hated that the guy making it billed it as being about the "first step" towards extra-solar habitation when really it was about the last one and skipped over all the actual hard work and reasons for why it should be done. Hell, even the story that was there ignored a lot of stuff like supplies and what not. I can understand why, limited screen time being a factor in such a small production, but he could have advertised what the film was about better at the very least.
>>
>>11695485
That's not what Paetreon is for
>>
>>11694837
>Turn A Gundam Complete Record Collection 2:
Is there a 1? I'm sure as hell going to buy this one though, hope it's not too expensive.
>>
>>11695448
>the project itself never came to fruition

Ameria saving the world even in the future.
>>
File: master-asia.jpg (22KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
master-asia.jpg
22KB, 400x396px
>>11694869
>Eco terrorists tried to wipe out mankind with DG Cells
>>
>>11695545
Hardly anybody uses Patreon for the purpose it is made for.
>>
>>11695389
>>11695479
I am now extremely curious how far Tomino got in his ideas for Turn A Space compared to the inane sequel fanfic... thing I've had rattling in my head for four years.
>>
>>11695598
Oh right iirc that bit says it's a SECOND time DG cells fucked people over (so it's not master asia they're talking about)

Apparently theyd been fixed and were using to sustain the environment or something at that point because it's said that the terrorists hijacked them by infecting them with a virus or skmething, I'll check the precise wording later
>>
Tomino must like G Gundam a lot.
>>
>>11695665

It was made by based Imagawa. It was the only AU at the time that could compare to Tomino's own work. It still is.
>>
>>11695389
so what if g-reco is the first in a trillogy that sets up of turn A
like MSG, zeta and zz, but with a clearer goal in terms of where the story is going?

unless all those events are retconned and compressed to fit into greco
>>
>>11695708
The second and third parts would have to be centuries later. You can't have DG cells until after Devil Gundam. Moonrace doesn't go to the moon until after Zacktraeger, which would have to be after Wing, SEED, G, 00, etc becuse it's way too big to be overlooked.

I do think it would be cool to see new shows intended to bridge the gaps between existing series, though. Maybe Kira or Kio could invent Gundam Fight (war is bad m'kay, only dismember your opponent's MS, no attacking the cockpit). Probably Kio becuse i like Turn-A 's stache being Lacus's idea.
>>
>>11695750
What if the Zacktraeger is what's built to replace the SU CORDU
>>
>>11695756
Then you have to either assume the populations of multiple AUs failed to notice an artificial satellite that's thousands of kilometers long and a civilization on the moon or throw out all the AUs in the Black History. I can't imagine that thing just going unnoticed through Wing, SEED, and 00.
>>
>>11695665

didn't Tomino personally select Imagawa to make the first full non-UC gundam series? It would make sense then that its the only AU he gives a shit about.
>>
>>11694843
>>11695778
It still seems possible that Zacktraeger was built by the Moonrace or pre-Moonrace after Moonlight Butterfly.
>>
>>11695778
The only plot relevant AU is G Gundam do to DG Cells. Tomino can just say fuck it and just keep that.
>>
>>11695863
G isn't even relevant anymore. It's just a matter of whether or not Tomino acknowledges Unicorn, but even then he's probably more likely to retcon the nanomachine bit(which was never actually associated with the DG cells outside of gunpla manuals and a newtype blurb).

I don't know if he realized it or not but end game UC just catapulted itself to the most technologically advanced Gundam universe all together. The shit they were playing with is fucking Star Trek level of scientific bullshit.
>>
>>11695665
Oh right rhey also say that the events of g gundam have become a myth in manupiti
>>
>>11695927
>>manupiti
You do know that that's been translated/Romanized to "Manupich," right?
>>
>>11695950
You mean like how sacktrager was translated/romanized to "zacktraeger"?
>>
>>11695964
Also I did look it up but found the episode title

> "Captured Manuipich" "Manyūpichi Kōryaku" (マニューピチ攻略)

Which is retardedly mangled bullshit (the translation is wrong too) so disregarded it
>>
>>11695964
>>11695994
Well, the thing with Sackträger/Zacktraeger is "s" in German sounds like a "z" and umaults get changed to ae, ue, and oe (often because they aren't available on all keyboards/in all fonts or people simply don't know how to type them), so I didn't say anything about that.

But now that you've explained why you keep using "Manupiti" I understand. Although I could've sworn in the show the characters pronounced it closer to "Manupich." Who knows.
>>
>>11696033
Pich would be ピッチ

チ withoutttge ッ is used in stufflike ハイチ/haiti
>>
So, G Gundam is the only series that actually did happen within Turn A/UC/RG

I can see it.

>>11695665
It was made by his pupil Imagawa, he selected him to do it.
>>
This is a great thread, thanks OP
>>
>>11695891
>The shit they were playing with is fucking Star Trek level of scientific bullshit.

How so? How are you even interpreting it that way?
>>
>>11696122
If he's talking about the Unicorn

1) They literally pretend that shit never existed

2) It's supernatural bullshit anyway, not science. If you count that you ought to count stuff like Zeta and Nu too.
>>
>>11695665
The Turn X did have a Shining Finger.
>>
>>11696122
Elf Bull and Bullock run on degeneracy reactors. They're sporting artificial black hole engines.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 530x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 530x440px
>>11697033
No, it had an attack that Gym called Shining Finger. It didn't particularly resemble Domon's Shining Finger attck from G, though. iirc it was just "grab him with three-fingered claw hand and fire palm cannon."
>>
>>11694839

>Earth gets exhausted
>"Finally all people will migrate to space!"
>Everyone is so chained by gravity that they actually start importing shit from space to Earth because they love Earth so damn much.
>Peace reigns.

Zeon's philosophies got fucking wrecked.
>>
>>11697327
It was a joke, man. I'm just saying that Tomino is paying special attention to G by including elements of it in the backstory setting and by referencing an attack from it.
>>
By the way, since people keep bringing up the AD calendar when trying to argue that parallel worlds "merging" into one timeline bullshit I'm just going to point this out.

In Japanese "AD" is actually just seireki/西暦 = "western calendar". It's true that in real life this refers to the AD calendar, but the word itself does not have to specifically refer to AD. It can basically be any calendar used by the western world. (incidentally, Turn A's "correct century" is also seireki/正暦 but with "west" replaced with "true").
>>
>>11698331
Given the United States appears in UC, FC, CE, and the 00 AD, I think it's safe to say it's referring to the Anno Domini calender. ESPECIALLY in 00.
>>
>>11698331
I'm sorta confused here. Shouldn't seireki refer to the Gregorian calendar as opposed to AD, or does seireki refer to calendar eras in the West?
>>
>>11698417
In real life it refers specifically to AD because that's the only western calendar the Japanese ever encountered. (The Gregorian calendar is グレゴリオ暦/Gregorio-reki)

FYI BC is 西暦紀元前 = "before the western calendar"

I don't know what the official translations, but SRW OG's calendar is the shinseireki/新西暦 "new western calendar".
>>
>>11698443
>I don't know what the official translations
are
>>
>>11698447
What about Turn A Gundam Complete Record Collection 1 ?
>>
>>11698597
Don't have it
>>
>>11694917
>Religions is the source of all mankind's problems.
>he says, while talking about his fictional conflict that doesn't involve religion
Sasuga, Tomino-sama.
>>
>>11694837
>but the unending consumption had reduced Earth's resources close to zero.

It's literally correct history. Char was right all along
>>
>>11694894
>-Japanese people were happier in World War II because they had an objective to live for (kill the evil yanks) and didn't expect to be able to live long.
>-It's like aids patients with children who don't have the disease. People need to be reminded of death to be able to really live.
>-Japan's cheerfulness during WW2 was wrong though. It was a bright society, but a healthy society is one with a good dose of darkness and poison.
I don't know if Tomino is insane or sane in an insane world
>>
>>11694869
Isn't the Turn A's backstory basically that eco-terrorists used the Turn A to reset the humanity back to 0, while the Turn X was a beacon of hope for technologists?

And MLB is a descendent of DG cells so...
>>
>>11697327
>"grab him with three-fingered claw hand and fire palm cannon."
The Turn X has a beam emitter in the claw, so that's what it is. Kinda similar to shining finger really if you consider the Shining Gundam's fingers as beam emitters
>>
>>11695389
He said the Reconguista stands for a rebirth of Gundam. Why would he try to tie it into an old series
>>
>>11700540
If some description I read somewhere a long time ago isn't fan-fiction bullshit, Shining Finger is just built up heat from the Gundam being funneled to vents in the fingers. And it goes green for some reason.

Eh, that's probably bullshit. Think it might have been from MAHQ, in fact.
>>
>>11700533
Not sure but I think Turn A MLB =! DG cells.
MLB is the product of outside solar system while Turn A nanomachine is the product of DG cells.
>>
>>11700435
both of these books are scanned online if you wanna download em
>>
>>11700574
Where?
>>
>>11695448
What's SU-Cord?
>>
>>11700561
text file said Turn A/X nanomachines are derived from DG cell technology
>>
>>11700601
Isn't it the religion in G-reco?
>>
>>11695891
>Tomino acknowledges Unicorn
Didn't he personally announce the anime adaptation of Unicorn?
>>
>>11700561
The people putside the solar sustem were part of a huge human pan-galactic community (there was comms and transport between star systems) and that age probably came aftwr G so it's still possible they're descendants of dg cells
>>
>>11700601

Space Umbilical Cord, or in other words, the space elevator to the moon. SU-Cord is used as a prayer by Bellri's mom and as expletive by Bellri.
>>
>>11700737

The religion is SU-Cordism and people who follow it are SU-Cordists.
>>
>>11700580
Not that same anon, but I just found a torrent including them: >>>/t/587729
>>
>>11694839
>>11694843
Fucking new it, the Sackträger was of course a descendant of the elevators. shows all those who doubted this theory.
>>
>>11698402
ESPECIALLY considering it was made 7 years after Turn A
>>
>>11700525
Neither, you just don't understand what he's saying.
>>
>>11700512

Except the events described in the this prove that Char's plan wouldn't work - given that the Earth becomes almost uninhabitable and instead of leaving, the survivor's start importing stuff from space to try and repair Earth. Not to mention that the villains in G-Reco are going to be spacenoids abusing the shit out of Earthnoids in this according to the stuff laid out, which means the Spacenoids that did leave didn't actually evolve either physically or mentally despite having left the Earth behind.

So no, Char was wrong in every way.
>>
File: tominounicornfigure.jpg (96KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tominounicornfigure.jpg
96KB, 640x480px
>>11700623
He did. I also think Fukui consulted him during the planning stages. Either way, he seems pretty okay with it.
>>
>>11701261
You're confusing one crucial element: the intergalactic community is liberated from Earth, which was Char's end goal for forcing humanity into space all along. The continued prosperity of humanity is no longer dependent on the Earth's finite resources. The EXACT OPPOSITE is now true in G-Reco, where the Earth requires imports from the colonies. As far as the colonies must be concerned, the redevelopment of Earth is perhaps no more than a waste of taxpayer money.
>>
>>11701335
Does he even care anymore? He pretty much declared UC a shit with RG
>>
If the Turn X (and by extension Turn A) are built for interstellar combat shouldn't they have some sort of high-tech travel mechanism? Space is a pretty vast place and fighting a battle across a solar system seems like it would take a while if you're just accelerating at 4Gs
>>
>>11700731
Which brings up the next question what happened to them?
>>
>>11701451
Heavy Metal L-Gaim
>>
>>11701471
Well that makes perfect sense to me
>>
>>11701440
They have FTL teleportation.
>>
>>11701440
Turn A at least can teleport and since it's based on Turn X that probably can too.

Also I vaguely recall reading somewhere that they can accelerate perpetually or something.
>>
File: IMG_5140.jpg (233KB, 768x1024px)
IMG_5140.jpg
233KB, 768x1024px
Well look what I got.
>>
>>11701676

cant wait for more knowledge. this is the best thread ever.
>>
>>11701676
What is this?
>>
>>11701745
Fukui's Turn A novelisation

book 1 of 3
>>
>>11701775
Oh isnt that supposed to be bad? Didn't Tomino kick Fukui cuz he thought it was shit? haha
>>
>>11701782
There were two novelizations. You're thinking of the other one.
>>
>>11701676
Beautiful.
>>
>>11701782
Fukui himself said that Tomino kicked him but didn't say why

This is Tomino we're talking about so it probably means he loved it
>>
>>11701676
PLEASE translate this! Holy shit, it would be a godsend if you were to translate this!

I will finally learn Harry's origins and why the Moonrace treat him/his family like shit.

>>11701782
>>11701795
...yes, there are two novelizations, but Fukui's is the notoriously "bad" one. No one really talks about Shigeru Sato's novels beyond the fact that they have pretty cover illustrations.
>>
>>11701808
Isn't Fukui's version the one where Guin pilots the Psyco Gundam? That one sounded awesome.
>>
>>11701847
>>11701842
Satou's is the one with the Black Doll and other stuff people cite a lot.

Fukui's is the obviously not canon one where the moonlight butterfly doesn't even work the same (it's a virus that hacks into machines or something)
>>
>>11701431
He pretty much gave Sunrise a pass to make UC a cluster fuck of never ending war. And for them to get Urobutcher to make up how the final apocalyptic war of the UC era went down.
>>
>>11700525
Have you watched Fafner in the Azure? It's kinda similar to what he said.

If you live in a world where everything is hopeless, the best that human can do is to live as much as they want. They become optimistic because seeing they're going to die, they should live their life to the fullest.
>>
>>11700525

I understand that.

It's like uncertainty. You worry about the future, about your family, your finances, but if you know for certain that you're going to be dead soon anyway then you at least have certainty and you can act more directly.
>>
>>11700737
Space elevators cannot attache to the moon
>>
File: gumdam.jpg (266KB, 1024x692px) Image search: [Google]
gumdam.jpg
266KB, 1024x692px
>schuzrum
>>
>>11702018
Isn't that just the book's mistake? On the other hand, if a certain name was always spelled a certain way regardless of source and origin..
>>
Since this thread is Turn-A related, this is the illustration of blu-ray box 2: http://www.gundam.info/topic/11949
>>
>>11700540
It's really not. Domon's Shining Finger attck is "grab head and squeeze". There's no blast involved (that's Heat End). Gym's attck with the palm cannon is just named after th G Gundam attack like Impulse baving a sword named Excalibur.
>>
>>11702018
What's with the wrong name spelling? Is it old argumentation stuff?
>>
>>11700623
>>11701335
This is what he said about Unicorn.

>ユニコーンは我慢して1話だけみた。
>自分が作っても気にいらないのに、他人の作ったものをなぜ気にいる

Translation:
>I only made it to episode 1, with patience.
>I don't even like my own creations. So why would I like someone else's creations.

About the second sentence. It is a common knowledge in Japan that Tomino hates his almost every creations(except things like Ideon and Turn-A)
>>
>>11702590
It's common knowledge that when he says he hates something he actually loves it.
>>
>>11702603
He's not always tsundere though.
>>
>>11702607
Anyway, speaking of this, didn't he said "Don't buy this DVD!" in the interview included in Victory Gundam DVD?
>>
>>11701399

> You're confusing one crucial element: the intergalactic community is liberated from Earth, which was Char's end goal for forcing humanity into space all along. The continued prosperity of humanity is no longer dependent on the Earth's finite resources. The EXACT OPPOSITE is now true in G-Reco, where the Earth requires imports from the colonies

No, Char's apparent goals were to force people off the planet so that the Earth could heal and people would start to evolve away from the shittiness he'd witnessed over the years. Neither of which happened. Some people left the Earth, but some stayed despite massive environmental damage. And even the people who left never changed - they continued to dick each other over.

The fact that some people are prosperous regardless of the Earth has nothing to do with his apparent goals in CCA. Especially given that by the time of Turn-A we have no idea if any of those extra-solar civilizations even exist anymore given that none of them have contacted the Sol system in over a thousand years. They could all be dead in war for all we know.
>>
>>11702611
Here it is. It's a booklet that comes in the box.
>>
>>11702619
So, it's included IN the box for the DVD he's explicitly warning you against purchasing, that you have to purchase before you can see that? And people take that seriously and don't think that it's an attempt at humor?
>>
>>11702615
>none of them have contacted the Sol system in over a thousand years
IIRC the TV series says Turn A dusting civilization happened 10,000 years ago, and the movies say it was 5,000.
>>
>>11702590
The list of anime that Tomino watched till the end:
1) Madoka
2) Studio Ghibli
3) Turn A
>>
>>11702625
Well, to be fair, he actually suffered a lot during the production of Victory Gundam.

>なお当時バンダイがサンライズ買収を予定しており、サンライズ上層部は主力作品であるガンダムの人気を再燃させることで、より有利に買収を行わせようと意図していた。富野はこの事実を知らずに製作に入ったと後年述べており、そのことについて今でも当時のサンライズ上層部からの謝罪が無く許せないとも語っている[13]。
>>
>>11702633
>he actually suffered a lot

>富野はこの事実を知らずに製作に入った

He suffered a lot by not knowing about it at all until the show was done? Good job at google translate, dumbfuck.
>>
>>11702655
>http://dic.pixiv.net/a/%E6%A9%9F%E5%8B%95%E6%AD%A6%E9%97%98%E4%BC%9DG%E3%82%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3%83%A0

>前作機動戦士Vガンダムの制作過程で、作家性と商業主義を両立させる苦悩からうつ病に見舞われた富野監督はガンダムの制作を降り、このGガンダムの監督今川泰宏に「今までのガンダムを全てぶち壊すような作品を」と頼んだらしく、どうせやるならせっかくだから登場ロボほぼ全てガンダムにしてはという、ある意味スポンサーであるバンダイに対する皮肉ともとれる発想からこのようなぶちぬけたガンダムが誕生した。

He asked Yasuhiro to make G Gundam as non-gundam as possible. Because he got depression during production of Victory and wanted to end the Gundam series.
>>
>>11702668
Another.

>http://dic.pixiv.net/a/%E6%A9%9F%E5%8B%95%E6%88%A6%E5%A3%ABV%E3%82%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3%83%A0

>当時の富野監督は「アスファルトの道をまっすぐに歩けない」ほどの鬱病を患っているなど、文字通りの公式が病気であった。

He couldn't even walk asphalted road straightly.
>>
>>11702680
Oh Tomino, not only are you a crotchety old fuck, you can't even walk properly.
>>
>>11702680
Also, the 'おかしいですよ、このアニメ!' paragraph of niconico dictionary's Victory Gundam page also implies that Tomino wasn't being tsundere when he said he doesn't like Victory. Looks like he changed his mind and started to like it later on though.
>>
>>11702668
>>11702725
>>11702633

>mfw Tomino has tried to kill Gundam three or four times now and failed
>>
>>11695614
Any updates on this part?
>>
File: fuckingscience1.jpg (972KB, 999x1248px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingscience1.jpg
972KB, 999x1248px
Not to steal TE's thunder, but here are scans of what he's begun to translate for us (which I cannot take credit for, I merely torrented them last night).
>>
File: fuckingscience2.jpg (1MB, 1000x1248px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingscience2.jpg
1MB, 1000x1248px
>>
File: fuckingscience3.jpg (999KB, 994x1248px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingscience3.jpg
999KB, 994x1248px
>>
File: fuckingscience4.jpg (1MB, 994x1248px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingscience4.jpg
1MB, 994x1248px
>>
File: fuckingscience5.jpg (1MB, 994x1248px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingscience5.jpg
1MB, 994x1248px
>>
File: fuckingscience6.jpg (931KB, 994x1248px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingscience6.jpg
931KB, 994x1248px
>>
File: fuckingscience7.jpg (815KB, 1009x1248px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingscience7.jpg
815KB, 1009x1248px
>>
File: fuckingscience8.jpg (1023KB, 983x1248px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingscience8.jpg
1023KB, 983x1248px
>>
File: fuckingscience9.jpg (1MB, 1002x1248px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingscience9.jpg
1MB, 1002x1248px
>>
File: 1379011448578.jpg (36KB, 444x322px) Image search: [Google]
1379011448578.jpg
36KB, 444x322px
How the fuck is it remotely possible for UC and FC to coexist?

And what about that galactic civilization? When are we gonna see interstellar Gundams fighting the aliens?
>>
File: fuckingscience10.jpg (1MB, 996x1248px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingscience10.jpg
1MB, 996x1248px
>>11706386
And that's it for this section. I have both books; the first one has the interview with Tomino along with another with Mead and one with six of the writers, and the second one has one with Akiman. There is also a bunch of art in these books that is not found in any of the other artbooks that have been scanned and put online thus far, but I don't want to derail this thread (might as well make my own thread if you guys want to see more of these books overall).
>>
>>11706432

Gonna bump this thread to save it from deletion in the hope that we get some more translated info. If not though, more scans in this or another thread would be much appreciated too.
>>
>>11706426
>not animation
>canon
pick one
>>
>>11706432
That Flat design is fucking incredible.
>>
>>11706426
>And what about that galactic civilization?

L-Gaim
>>
File: TOMINOOOO1.jpg (1MB, 970x1248px) Image search: [Google]
TOMINOOOO1.jpg
1MB, 970x1248px
>>11710559
I'll post the Tomino interview here since that's the most relevant. if this thread floats off to oblivion after that, that's on you guys... ;__;
>>
File: TOMINOOOO2.jpg (1MB, 957x1248px) Image search: [Google]
TOMINOOOO2.jpg
1MB, 957x1248px
>>
File: TOMINOOOO3.jpg (1MB, 970x1248px) Image search: [Google]
TOMINOOOO3.jpg
1MB, 970x1248px
>>
File: TOMINOOOO4.jpg (1MB, 970x1248px) Image search: [Google]
TOMINOOOO4.jpg
1MB, 970x1248px
>>
File: TOMINOOOO5.jpg (1MB, 970x1248px) Image search: [Google]
TOMINOOOO5.jpg
1MB, 970x1248px
That's it's for grumpy old man. All the interviews are only five pages long each.
>>
>>11710559
Eh I'll start a new one once I get round to reading the rest of thr book, whenevet that is
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (140KB, 1239x929px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
140KB, 1239x929px
>>11694894
>-Turn A has nothing to do with Israel because Israel is a RELIGIOUS problem, and religion was purposely left out of Turn A. Religion is the source of all of mankind's problems. Religion is crazy.
>-All of mankind should just revert to animism
>>
>>11711367
Psst... >>11694973 beat you to it, slowpoke.
>>
>>11695750
>implying GBF wont result in the FC and the Gundam fight.
>>
>>11702603
>It's common knowledge that when he says he hates something he actually loves it.
Is this serious?
>>
>>11706297
How the fuck does that elevator even work? It sounds like something Tomino made up after a few too many drinks.
>>
>>11711397
no picture means it doesn't count, this is an IMAGE board after all.
>>
>>11711489
Yes
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.