[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Verdict Day was great. Truly the Turn A of the AC series.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 51

File: co3maliciousBM_01.jpg (210KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
co3maliciousBM_01.jpg
210KB, 800x571px
Verdict Day was great. Truly the Turn A of the AC series.

Armored Core thread.
>>
File: co5.jpg (105KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
co5.jpg
105KB, 1000x714px
>>
File: bg1.jpg (422KB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
bg1.jpg
422KB, 1824x1368px
>>
File: bg2.jpg (299KB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
bg2.jpg
299KB, 1824x1368px
>>
File: bg9.jpg (37KB, 526x394px) Image search: [Google]
bg9.jpg
37KB, 526x394px
What's your favorite AC game, /m/? Your favorite antagonist, final boss or otherwise?
>>
shit i didn't know they already has kit for Verdict day
>>
>>11664574
Only the Blue Magnolia has a kit. The N-WGIX is a custom kit using the White Glint head, LAHIRE core, and 063AN arms and legs. They're a perfect match for the shape of the frame, which is kind of suspicious. In fact, the in-universe N-WGIX might actually have been created using a combination of these parts, as a chimera of that era's best NEXTs.
>>
File: CIMG2831.jpg (744KB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG2831.jpg
744KB, 1824x1368px
Bump
>>
>Truly the Turn A of the AC series.
o ok
>>
>>11665039
Dat N-WGIX
Fuck I need model kit
>>
Is Verdict Day worth it if you don't play online with others? It seems like a more multiplayer-oriented game.
>>
>>11665666
The singleplayer campaign isn't anything amazing, but it's good enough to give it a go. You can get the game pretty cheap nowadays; when PSN has it for sale it's like five bux.
>>
>>11664563
2 and verdict day
>>
>>11664563

I liked the Devastator, it was big and silly
>>
>>11664563
>Favorite AC game
Silent Line
>Favorite Antagonist
Zinaida, or Oats Durrva
>Final Boss
Nine Ball.
>>
>>11669783
I've always found it amusing that Otsdarva opposes you no matter which route you pick. What a dickweed.
>>
>>11670089
Suwabe was perfect for his role, Blum, not so much.

He had a sexy Next though, really sexy.

>Dammit, I'm taking in water!
>>
>>11670102
I know a lot of sources list him as Blum, but I'm pretty sure he was actually voiced by Kyle Hebert.

Also Suwabe made no effort to disguise his voice as Thermidor. I guess it was never a big secret.
>>
>>11670110
>I guess it was never a big secret.
Yeah, that's what I thought too.

Well, AC games didn't really make efforts in keeping secrets regarding pilots, even in LR in both languages it was clear that Evangel was onboard the Blade Pulverizer in his ending.
>>
I'm sad that the voice direction in ACV was so awful. I felt that it took away a lot of the scenes in the campaign. Sometimes the emotion that was supposed to be conveyed was totally different from the original.
>>
>>11664545
...It wasn't actually that good.
>>
>>11670225
Opinions. I thought it was great. It had a great main cast, plenty of throwbacks to the older games, and added so much depth to its universe. The music DLC was an awesome addition to the campaign and the music directing for it was some of the best I've seen in a videogame.
>>
>>11670225
It truly wasn't, but it did a few things right.
Still not as good as 4A or the other generations, while it did introduce some good things it left out most of the other good stuff, and the new AC designs are turrible.
>>
File: acvd.png (318KB, 576x443px) Image search: [Google]
acvd.png
318KB, 576x443px
>>11665039
>>11664563
>>11664560
>>11664558
>mfw I don't notice this thread until after starting a new one

>>11670272
Unused stuff from the VD setting info book. I'll probably translate any interesting stuff I find in it over the weekend.

By the way, did they bother to translate the side story that goes in between V and VD? It wasn't in the actual game, you unlocked it on the official website by linking your game and site accounts.
>>
>>11670304
I'm glad you asked. Someone from the /vg/ threads translated most of them and compiled them into a pastebin here:

http://pastebin.com/Y4AMbSPv

I can't believe Bamco screwed us out on this. It explains so much stuff about the universe, like why Maggy can't pilot anymore, the origin of Zodiac and the Reaper Squad, the true nature of Chief, Carol, and The Corporation, how The Foundation came to be... so much stuff that would have been lost out on us.
>>
>>11670357
Wow, they didn't translate it? Yeah that's just fucking stupid because that's basically the ENTIRE STORY. Nice to see that someone else did it.
>>
>>11670392
The sidestory sounds like it really should have been a part of ACV's story campaign. it would have been pretty awesome to play through, exploring the areas within the Contamination, fighting off Venide forces, taking on Chief again, and then fighting FIVE Chiefs at once while teaming up with Caesar Venide before fighting a huge NEXT-like machine as the final boss.
>>
>>11670357
By the way I forgot where that happened but it was pretty much confirmed that the "Foundation" in VD is one guy and that said one guy is Isaac.

Also I just flipped through the setting book and it outright says that J's defeat doesn't really make much of a difference in the long run and that the Foundation is already planning on making a new reaper squad.

So basically the entire story of VD can be summed up as "fuck-all happens".
>>
>>11670357
>>11670392
At least is not as bad as what they did with Ace Combat 3.
They removed the story altogether for the localization.
>>
>>11670399
I actually felt that the source text read like a script to a game, not like text that was meant to be read by the end user.

Typical From, they try to put too much into a game and cut content, and they cut out the most fucking important parts (fun fact: They apparently cut the fucking plot out of Dark Souls 2 too! Also ACFA was supposed to have a Lineark route.)
>>
>>11670400
>the Foundation is already planning on making a new reaper squad.
D-D-D-DESTROY

By the way, we already know that J is most likely a clone of Joshua O'Brien, but is there anything in that setting book about the other members of Reaper Squad, like K, D and N?
>>
>>11670412
Well shit, if all that really was cut out, then I can totally see why the Exusia battle just came out of nowhere.
>>
>>11670423
That stuff's supposed to come way after Exusia (as well as the Zodiacs) actually. It's basically the actual sequel to ACV's cliffhanger ending (as opposed to ACVD's "and then a million years later: Nothing happened").

>>11670417
Pretty sure that there's nothing to support J being a clone. It's more a reference or inside joke than anything.

No new details on the other guys.
>>
>>11670440
Read up on the Phantasmal Being project in the pastebin. J is almost definitely a clone of Joshua.
>>
>>11670440
Yeah, but it seems like "oh well we have this final boss but we don't have time to put in all this other stuff we had planned. we're at a good story mission number anyway so let's just randomly toss it in and call it the end of the campaign, never mind that the order missions end on a total anticlimax."
>>
>>11670412
>Also ACFA was supposed to have a Lineark route.)

I was wondering why there was the mission with you teaming up with Glint that didn't have much relevance in the end. Would've actually liked to see that.
>>
>>11670450
It's been some time but IIRC phantasma beings are people whose psyches have been digitalised and stuck in their ACs. The whole project's a successor to the Zodiac thing in ACV.

J's just a guy whose mind was transferred to his reaper squad AC. The same process was done to Maggy which is why her body wasn't found.
>>
>>11670460
Read the part about the cultivaters.
>>
>>11670461
Yes I've been through this before.

>ć‚Æćƒ­ćƒ¼ćƒ‹ćƒ³ć‚°ć«ć‚ˆć‚‹ę‰čƒ½ć®å†ē¾ć‚’äø»ćØć™ć‚‹ę‰‹ę³•ć§ć€éŽåŽ»ć«åć‚’ćŖć—ćŸćƒ‘ć‚¤ćƒ­ćƒƒćƒˆć®ć‚Æćƒ­ćƒ¼ćƒ³ć‚’ē”Ÿćæå‡ŗ恗态
č‚²ęˆć®éŽēØ‹ć«ćŠć„ć¦ć€Œē‰¹åŒ–ć—ćŸę•™č‚²ć€(実č³ŖćÆę“—č„³)ć‚’č”Œć†ć“ćØ恧态ē®”ē†ć§ćć‚‹ę‰čƒ½ć‚’č‚²ęˆć‚’ē›®ęŒ‡ć™ć‚‚恮恧恂悋怂

People keep latching on to the

>éŽåŽ»ć«åć‚’ćŖć—ćŸćƒ‘ć‚¤ćƒ­ćƒƒćƒˆć®ć‚Æćƒ­ćƒ¼ćƒ³ć‚’ē”Ÿćæå‡ŗ恗

Part but there aren't really any further details and they keep forgetting that this is taking place wayyyyyyyyyyyy after AC4. Being able to clone a guy who died ages ago makes zero sense (and yes, Gaia Gear makes zero sense), and the descriptions of J's personality that we ARE given make him out to be nothing like Joshua.
>>
>>11670479
Except that these experiments and tests happened while the League was still on Earth. ACV: The Fact dates Angie's creation to over three hundred years before the start of ACV.
>>
>>11670483
I vaguely recall it mentioned somewhere that the Foundation's current squad is pretty new and mostly made of regular people converted like Maggy but it's been some time so maybe I'm remembering it wrong.
>>
>>11664545

was great

>I'm still playing pretty often lol wtf I want space battles so bad tho
>>
>>11670479
>>11670507
I don't think they would have brought up the thing about the cloning with the cultivaters if they -weren't- implying that J is a clone of Joshua, in combination with all the fucking references they make to Joshua. Also personality has nothing to do with it; a clone wouldn't have the same personality as a regular person if they grow up in a totally different environment. J was cloned and indoctrinated for battle, and his digitized mind thinks of nothing but battle precisely because that was the purpose for which he was created.
>>
>>11664563

>ac2 for old gen and ac5vd for new gen. favorite bad guy is nineball favorite boss is motherwill its the fucking deathstar of ac
>>
>>11664545

Love ACVD. OP is a true /m/an.

I hope that the next game incorporates Earth, Space and Mars maps. I always liked that the Ps2 games went from being on Mars to Earth.
>>
>>11670507
-Mostly-. It's possible K, D, and N were converted during the years the Foundation was active, but J was his trump card and got the shiniest toys. Phantasma Being wasn't -just- a project to create a digitized mind, it was to create an ultimate soldier who could easily be controlled by the League so it wouldn't go shooting down Cradles while humming a tune with some crazy old guy. What better stock for converting to an AI soldier than the most successful of the Designed and the Cultivaters, the results of the previous phases of the project?
>>
>>11670537
>thinks of nothing but battle
What?

It's said that he hates being controlled and values his freedom and doesn't like the balance of power between the three factions and it's suggested that he willingly joined the reapers to gain power to upset the balance.
>>
>>11670566
Where is -that- said? J says he's collaborating with the Foundation because the Foundation wishes to create a world of endless war and destruction; a world that J is very, very at home with, because to fight is his purpose. The Three Forces have united their regions under their command, putting an end to the countless conflicts between Migrant groups within their borders, even if they continue to fight one another. If any one of them managed to achieve total power, the world would become more peaceful and J's existence would become meaningless.

Besides, "hates being controlled" and "valuing his freedom" sounds exactly like Joshua to me. Remember Joshua's whole reason for fighting? It was to safeguard the independence of his colony. Ironically for him he ended up being forcefully controlled by Omer and his colony ended up being Omer's buttbuddy anyway.
>>
>>11664545
The way you phrased that makes it sound like bait, but I don't know anything about Armored Core.
>>
>>11670614
It's not bait. If you know what Turn A is really in/famous for you should be able to apply that here too.
>>
>>11670357
I read on tv tropes, that J (reaper squad leader) is in reality a clone of Joshua O'Brian, and that he was raises to the point that he belive that he will die if the war stop, and that's the reason why he is so eager to fight, because he feel he will dissapear if dont.

But that part is nowhere in the pastebin archive, someone knows from where that came from?
>>
>>11670704
it's fanon bullshit
>>
>>11670479
>Being able to clone a guy who died ages ago makes zero sense

Maybe a mosquito that bit him got trapped in amber
>>
>>11670459
me too, and that could be a intereting reference to Leos Klein.

he was the original Ninebreaker and the protagonist of a previous game, and now was a enemy. 4A you choose if the protagonist of the previous game is a enemy or allie.

Also I remember reading once, that the Anatolia's mercenary survive the fight of Line Ark, but White Glint was to damaged to work, so for the rest of the game, he was waiting for his new AC to be compleated, probably something more that FROM cut
>>
>>11670728
That's from "A New Order of NEXT," a supplementary databook for ACFA.

What if the new AC built for The Raven was N-WGIX? It's got Aaliyah colors.
>>
>>11670399
when I read those story I was, "yeah that sounds good, but it just sound as a bunch of normal missions" but when I finally reach the part of Caesar and the five chiefs I was more "I NEED TO PLAY THIS PART, LIKE RIGHT NOW" and since ACV have this long mission for the main story, the moment they start looking for the tower in the contaminated area, fighting Caesar a little and then the 5 Chiefs, would have being hard as fuck, and depending if FROM feel a little sadist, the NEXT/Prototype white glint form ACVD
>>
>>11664545
Oh God I didn't know that Maggie get her own figure, I know what I will give myself this Christmas.
>>
>>11664563
>Favorite AC
Last raven
>Favorite Antagonist
Jack 0 and Therminator
>Final Boss
N WGIX/V, since this was a nice surprise and perfet way to show that AC4/4A and V/VD were connected
>>
>>11670737
please tell me someone in the internet is a bro and is translated somewhere
>>
>>11670560
I just hope that Kadokawa dont force FROM to do only Soul games or similar, I can wait a couple of years for the next AC, but they better do it and no cancel the serie.
>>
>>11670805
This isn't 2006 anymore budday, changes are slim to none.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOQg0P1ixIM
>>
>>11670805
Someone on /m/ did some of it a couple of years back. Check the archives.
>>
>>11670737
more like, the old White Glint was scrapped, but the league get it and eventually put it on a tower. Chief and Carol start looking for material for the new weapons the could create and since White glint was the only NEXT they have after the countless wars, they use it as a model for things like Exusia, but then Isaac came, order them to repair it the best they could, and like that we got N-WGIX.

if this ever get to be true, we technically fight the same White glint instead of a copy.
>>
>>11670853
I hope I can find it. this moments when I wish I could read moon
>>
I'm surprised at how many people seem to like VD. I really thought it was sub par, only really putting it above some of the weaker PS2 games.
>>
>>11664563
I really liked fighting Amazigh in 4. He was so fast and keeping up with him in a lightweight next was really fun.
>>
>>11664599
063AN are the best overall legs in the game and the arms are the most accurate without sacrificing maneuverability or EN Skill.
>>
>>11670922
But White Glint's head sucks. Was it purely for intimdiation, like Gundam heads?
>>
>>11670900
many liked because is was a throwback to the PS2 era and the more tactical fighting, instead of the fast and furious of 4/4A (is not a bad thing), while many others dindt like the change (the so called 4fags) and others didnt feel that the change was done right and many hates the desing of the new AC.
>>
>>11670973
but white glint in general is for high speed combat, his head serve more for fast aim and low weigth
>>
I want more music from FreQuency, the albums are great, they may launch another one when the next AC is near.
>>
>>11670578
>Where is -that- said?
It's also in the setting book but I recall reading it elsewhere before.

>>11670704
>tv tropes

>>11670737
>>11670728
I have that book, it's pretty nice, written as an in-universe thing with interviews with the characters and such.

The stupid thing is set right after the Lineark fight though so everything that comes after it (i.e. half the fucking game) is left out. That was disappointing.
>>
something that surprise me is that, AC is suppose to be a strong title of japan, and yet get so little fan material
>>
>>11670973
Add the horn. Watch the stats of your AC change. If you use it at the same time as the torso, you get a performance boost. ACFA has lots of hidden stats and multipliers.
>>
>>11671120
you can read moonrunes?

is there any mention on who was Oldking? or why they put a ending like the destruction path?
>>
>>11671160
I can't belive that such simple part as the horn can change so much
>>
I got verdict day a few days ago. I've probably put around ten hours into it but all i really want to do is fight other players. How can i do that? Even when I sortie with my team its always puts us in missions against the AI who is fucking terrible.
>>
>>11671183
I'm pretty sure that there's a Gundam-san comic strip made specifically to reply to this post.
>>
>>11671194
better be translated
>>
File: Rosary.jpg (219KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Rosary.jpg
219KB, 1024x1024px
who is your favorite character and why?
>>
>>11671105
if armored core ever get a anime (I know that it will never happen) they should do the soundtrack
>>
>>11670400
I belive that Isaac manage to convice Chief and Carol about "show them" that humanity is worthless, and like that they probably give him a time where he could run the corporation, he change the name to foundation, and the events of the game were his "experiment", the next game will have Chief and Carol back, and depending on how the thing develop, working with Isaac or trying to stop him after he goes to far with their directives.
>>
File: 1415515364234.jpg (50KB, 624x478px) Image search: [Google]
1415515364234.jpg
50KB, 624x478px
>>11671225
>the next game
>>
>>11670922
>top-tier parts
>backpedaling dual rifle faggot
>dual-blading faggot
N-WGIX is the metagame of 4A exemplified in a NEXT.
>>
File: keikaku means plan.jpg (28KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
keikaku means plan.jpg
28KB, 640x477px
>>11670400
>So basically the entire story of VD can be summed up as "fuck-all happens".

I thought the implication of all those side missions where you kill off other mercs was that you were basically doing the reaper squad's job for them, killing off other candidates with potential?

It's not that nothing significant happened, just that your victory means nothing because the Foundation accomplished what they wanted in the end regardless of who came out on top.
>>
>>11671192

Just go on Normal sorties until your run into someone. Alot of matchmaking is timing or just knowing when people are on. I find it's easy to get matches in the evening but I'm in NY so it depends on you too.
>>
>>11671292
>Maggy really did die a senseless death, just like she wanted
>>
What team are you guys on?

>>11671192
There is a way to make sure you only find AC battles but it's kind of hard to explain. Basically when searching for a match, you need to pay attention to how and when the blue line shoots up.

If it shoots up early on odds are you found an AC mission. If it shoots up somewhere near the end, it's a data post/destroy all enemies mission.

It's kind of hard to explain without images but I hope I gave you an idea of it.
>>
>>11671292
I understand that those mercs you fight, the majority were in reality, send by the foundation, and they give you a mission so you didn't start asking "why I am getting all this assassination attacks out of nowhere?" what the foundation did, was to arrange everthing so other people try to kill you but in a way you didn't suspect what was really going on.

but I really felt bad for a couple of them, like that family that use octupus as their emblem, and the mom a fossil.
>>
>>11671323
what if Maggy's Ancestor, the one that give Fran her child, is the Dark Raven. the side story say that after the fight on the tower and when the team split up, he dissapear, but I like to think that he depart with Fran.

Rosary return to Men of Honor, she basically have a organization waiting for her and werenĀ“t going to need much help, while Fran depart to Asia with a small group of migrants and probably low equipment for anything, the Dark Raven goes with her, he help them to fight any hostilities they found and make other groups to unite with them, and also, that could explain why Maggy knows about the "Dark Raven" and why is obssesed to be like him, she wants to be in the level of the legend of his family.
>>
>http://pastebin.com/Y4AMbSPv

So basically you're in Armored Core 4's old NORMALs with no plating fitted to them?
>>
>>11670822
I remember reading an interview with Miyazaki sometime ago and he said he wanted to look back into the Armored Core games. I can only hope this From announcement I've heard so much of is more Armored Core. If it's next gen it might be enough to convince me to buy a PS4.
>>
>>11671367

I love the thought of the Dark Raven being like, a childhood hero to Maggie or something. So adorable.

>"When I grow up, I want to be just like the Dark Raven in the stories! I'll show them all I've got what it takes!"

Adds an extra level of tragedy to her being defeated and crippled and having to sit on the sidelines and watch you live out her dream.
>>
>>11671387
is more like they fuse the remaining NEXT tech they had with what could they use of a Normal.

for example, a normal couldnt use overboost without a special core, but in V/VD all can use it, the energy factor is better thant a normal,probably using a degrade NEXT generator, and the parts are a mix of everthing, the same with weapons and a couple of last weapon designed before the indutry fall completly.
>>
>>11671413
even more, when you consider that she even wanted to live like him, he was a merc for a great part of his life, and she was bored to be a simple soldier in Evergreen, and desire to be free like a merc, and then she met Fatman. but if what the archives say is true, J attack her in her first mission as a merc, the moment she escape from Evergreen and thought that she can have the life she always wanted, is negated to her, like if the life told her " you canĀ“t. you aren't ready for this and never will" and then have to live working as a operator to someone that is having the life she wanted, with th succes that she could have.
>>
>>11671452
are we going to write a fanfiction about Maggy's childhood and time as a soldier ?
>>
>>11671413
I can imagine her voice. fucking adorable.
>>
>>11671367
there is a problem with this, if the Dark Raven is related to Fran in some way like that, why evergreen dont remember him as the same way they do with Fran? Fran is like a saint to them, and I find weird that Maggy is just a normal person to them, like if something happen and there is no records of Fran having a family.
>>
>>11664545
I wish this one could get a chibi version, those are nice kits.
>>
>>11671425
There's no kojima generators in Armored Cores in V, with the exception of the recovered NEXT.

>>11671532
>chibi
You are the cancer that makes SD mobilesuits happen while the rest of us even wait for NORMAL versions of the mobilesuits we like.

Chibi RX-78-2. When? Every year.
1/100 Le Cygne. When? Never year.
>>
>>11671545
>with the exception of the recovered NEXT.
The what?

Also FYI the VD setting book confirms that Exusia totally runs on kojima shit. LiV too.

(Don't have the V book)
>>
>>11671549
The N-WGIX. Its not just White Glint but bits of other NEXTs. And yes, Exusia is also a kojima weapon.

But Armored Core (the standard player unit) is not running on KP as far as I know, unless they can produce KP but aren't setup to do so -- being that's what powers overweapons - which has been hinted at in some of the translated stuff on the website. http://pastebin.com/Y4AMbSPv
>>
Is online still alive? supposedly one day I'll be able to get it...
but maybe at this point its better wait for the next one.
in loving memory of 2nd gen Karasawa mark II
>>
>>11671545
keyword "degrade" NEXT generator. The generators on 4/4A produce both energy and Kojima, probably on V they eliminate the Kojima part because the danger that represents.
>>
>>11671583
that could probably explain why using the Overed Weapons damage thr AC, the AC is not made to handle KP, so when the OW is activaded, the generator start producing KP that damage the AC and probably the system that distribute the energy on the AC and cause the drawback when it stop.

Also explain why they have a time limit, is to avoid the pilot getting affected by KP.
>>
>>11671639
>>11671667
And some people say speculation is shitposting on this board. Hardly: Its one of the best things about coming here.

Makes a lot of sense, anons.
>>
>>11671545
I just talk about the AC one, the ones for Gundam are terrible
>>
>>11664545
2 armored core threads in one day?!

am i dreaming?! is this real life?!
>>
>>11671684
thanks anon, funny I am the one from both post.
>>
>>11671700
is real life anon, and we are in the presence of a miracle.

God exist guys, and he love us.
>>
>>11671105
can we get something similar to dirty worker (fatman version) from another characters please.
>>
>>11671731
No worries. I was getting stick for speculation in another thread a few hours ago. People are a lot less forgiving when it comes to speculation on Mamoru... er, Nagano's work -- or just shooting the shit about how we feel about the look of a machine.

I'm not actually that fond of the playable machines in Armored Core V but as far as grunts go they're some of the nicest I've seen in years.
>>
>>11671817
I know that many dont like the desing of V and others hates that the game become so slow compared to 4/4A, but I like the game for all what try to capture, my biggest complaint is how they manage the rock-paper-scissor mechanic in the game, since the armor for each damage is basically trapped on certain type of parts, and is hard to make a AC with a normal resistance to all the damages without using very especifics parts.
>>
I love the little amount of pics of kantai using ultimate weapons.

Is like if the UW are more popular than the game itself.
>>
>>11671908
Yeah, its a really cool as fuck concept: A weapon that hurts to use, that royally fucks you up and weighs a ton that can deliver a ridiculous strike.

Aesthetically they do look really cool. The huge cannon reminds me of a photo I saw once of a Columbian soldier with an acoustic guitar, a medicine bag and an AK47 walking through the fog in black and white. Not sure why I'm bringing that up.
>>
>>11671928
well since the UW are something close to a comeback mechanic, they have to be use in a certain moment, and no just charge with them.
>>
Is Nine Ball the AC setting's CHAR?
>>
>>11671928
>ridiculous strike.

So true, but they look awesome, and sometimes are really worthy, the best OW is the Mass blade, and of course the grind that is the iconic one, while the grind blade takeout your left arm, I have manage to use it a win a couple of times, since is the one that charge faster and can take the other for surprise.
>>
How was Verdict /m/en? I played from the very first game to 4A skipping only Masters and Another Age, I loved AC but by 4A it really felt like a different beast so I dididn't play anything past that. I've been thinking on getting Verdict now that it's like 20 shekels on psn
>>
>>11671980
if you really liked the classic gameplay, this is similar to them, if you canĀ“t forget 4A, well you better dont toucht
>>
>>11671908
I will love to see something like this in the anime, probably in the final fight as the final attack.
>>
>>11671964
Its a giant drill. That's actually a giant fist. Of a giant claw. Who's fingers are superheated chainsaws. That are ON FIRE.

How can you not love that?
>>
>>11671964

Man, I love the whole 'rip off your arm and plug it into the socket' gimmick.

>FUCK I WANT TO KILL YOU SO HARD I'M WILLING TO RIP OFF MY OWN ARM JUST TO PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE WITH A FIST FULL OF CHAINSAWS

Definitely the most hotblooded UW.
>>
>>11672011
You want the final attack in a fight to be over-orchestrated as hell with some super gimmicky weapon?

It makes perfect sense in a game, where who will and won't win is largely down to skill and stuff.

But in a narrative, where the hero is already guaranteed to beat the bad guy BECAUSE they're the good guy (which is lame to begin with), its guiling the lilly a bit.

Has there ever been a show where the good guy makes it all the way to the end, and loses - other than Cowboy Bebop (the example that comes to memory)?
>>
I'm getting a PS3 soon and I definitely want to get into AC. Is it necessary to play the PS2 games to understand the plot in 4 and V?
And, are they available for digital download? I don't have a PS2 and they're probably collector items by now.
>>
>>11671488
It's possible that the Foundation deliberately deleted all records of the Dark Raven's existence. Or maybe Fran did it herself, to give the Dark Raven peace, and discourage ambitious Migrants from seeking them out.
>>
>>11672088
this is gold
>>
>>11672108
>plot
huh? All there is is corps being dicks to each other and the occasional sociopath rogue pilots killing everything.
>>
File: 1361323023105.jpg (757KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1361323023105.jpg
757KB, 1024x768px
>>11671908

>Is like if the UW are more popular than the game itself.

The Grind Blade actually made it into a Japanese Minecraft mod at one point... "Little Maids", I think it was, or some offshoot of that? Used swords instead of chainsaws. I never used the mod myself, just saw it in a video and was like "oh shit, I know that weapon!"
>>
>>11672107
I say that I want it this way, because the anime will probably will a generic anime made for pure marketing, and no one will care doing a good narrative, so I expect something like this and if I am going to get something like that, then I want something I will like.
>>
>>11672108
in reality, V/VD have the most elaborated plot until now, and that's because the side material, usually the plot is one of the weakest point of the game, but manage to pull of some nice characters and moments from time to time.
>>
>>11672143
>occasional

It's more like twice a generation, which is way too many.
>>
>>11672126
or probably for political reason during the formation of Evergreen, Fran had to hide the fact that she was pregnat, and for that reason her family live as normal people, and that's why Maggie was just a normal soldier during her time on EG, they didn't know she was the decendant of their founder, and the familiy name you ask? just a coinciden for them.
>>
>>11672143
Oldking reings supreme of the sociopath rogue pilot for me. he is a bro that should be remembered.
>>
>>11672108
>Is it necessary to play the PS2 games to understand the plot in 4 and V?

No. 4 -> 4A -> V -> VD all occur in their own timeline, playing them in that order should be enough.

(Even then, V was a separate timeline until VD retconned it into the distant future of 4/4A, so you could even start with V if you prefer.)
>>
>>11672220
>retconned it
It wasn't a retcon. It was planned all along.
>>
>>11672143
>>11672164
I didn't explain myself correctly, I meant it as in a lore, worldbuilding
and timeline way. I'm a Fromsoft fan for his Souls and KF games, so I was expecting light storytelling anyway.
>>
>>11672233
oh, then, the games that have a the same timeline are

armored core 1, until armored core 2: another age

Armored core 3 until Last Raven

and Armored core 4 until VD (for now)
>>
>>11672225

Was it? Well, in any case, the advice still stands. It's a distant future thing; characters in VD only have salvaged tech, ruins and old stories on which to base their recollection of the events in 4/4A, and the ACs are entirely different in the way they look and function. V makes no direct reference to the previous games at all, but then V really only takes place in a fairly small part of the world (in and around a single city) and focuses mainly on one particular conflict, so in hindsight it's understandable that it wouldn't talk much about it.
>>
>>11664545
Does anybody know the parts used in this mech? I only recognize the arms and the weapons.
>>
File: 1400165570587.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1400165570587.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>"White Glint" translated literally into german is "Weissglut"
>"Weissglut" means "rage"
the more you know
>>
>>11672426

Core - 'Malicious'
Legs - 'Fragrant'

Don't remember what the head is called, don't feel like checking in-game at the moment. The AC wiki says it's the HF-227 (but they also got the legs wrong, so take that with a grain of salt.)
>>
>>11672458

Samefag, derp, they didn't get the legs wrong after all. Those are the 'FreQuency' legs in the picture, 'Fragrant' is the other set of legs that looks similar.
>>
>>11672458
>>11672504
Thanks m8, gonna try building this guy later. He looks pretty badass.
>>
From is announcing a new game this month. A new Armored Core has been confirmed to be in development.

Get Hyped.
>>
I miss the 2/3 era.

I liked the slower pace of not having infinite ground dash, and dual wielding, while mechanically nice, feels weird when everyone's always shooting two guns because they can throw two more on or they can carry backups.

I wish we had a slower, more tactical AC game in the works. Bring back Arm R being primarily for guns and Arm L being swords, shields and a couple of side weapons, bring back part damage, narrow the auto-aim on hand weapons and make manual aim matter more, that kind of thing.
>>
>>11672599
where I you get the info? please share.
>>
>>11672634

3 effectively had constant boosting as a prerequisite for survival. If the other guy could see you and your booster wasn't going, you were probably dead. It was easily as frantic as the later series.
>>
>>11672599
Please have local multiplayer.
>>
>>11673434
Not him, but theres still a huge limit on boosting in 3 compared to later
>>
>>11672599
this have to be the next AC, is a new game, and bloodborne is already in the way, rejoice /m/ our prayers have being answered.

>>11671748
anon here is right.
>>
>>11672108
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-ENUWAxzc0
this is all you need to know to catch you up on the story

you dont need to play the games, but theyre still good games so going back won't be unfun
>>
>>11673434
While that's true, it was something you had to manage and experiment to achieve, not the standard.
>>
>>11670704
J is probably someone who used Joshua as a base on his skill for operating the machine since Carol and Chief had access for centuries to the Whie Glint and that Isaac guy was to damaged to properly control a Next, he probably went the Zodiac/Human+ as I really think the ZOdiac are just their side project
>>
I'm looking to get into an Armored Core game for the PS3. Which of these: 4, For Answer, V and Verdict Day focuses most on the (offline) story?
>>
God I hope they aren't going to mes around with us on the next game. Sadly, though 5 had the best concepts by far and wide, the game felt rushed as the application of these concepts was extremely poor. That, and the whole thing about promising patches and not releasing them on the day they put up, not even telling us there was a delay... twice. Then the thing where objectives would be insta-gibbed in PvP by ultra-light frames with nothing but pile-drivers...

That game was the birth of Deadlink's glory, and the death of the team.
>>
>>11673979
4 and For Answer
>>
>>11674020
For Answer.

4 was shit. So much so, they remade it entirely and called it For Answer.
>>
>>11674036
For answer was so shit they made V as an improvement
>>
>>11674047
For Answer wasn't that bad. Not my favorite, but it was solid enough. It was nowhere near the mess V was.
>>
File: 97juRl7.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
97juRl7.gif
2MB, 400x224px
>>11674060
>>
>>11673979
4 and For Answer.
For Answer is a sequel to 4 and there's some cool callbacks.
>>
>>11674156
Actually it was officially announced that For Answer was a remake of 4, and that 4 was no longer canon.
>>
>>11674195

For Answer is a sequel taking place about 5-10 years after 4.
>>
>>11674195
It was officially announced that you're not funny and also autistic
>>
>>11670277
>4A
>Good

Choose one.
>>
>>11674462

I choose your mother
>>
File: robo-owner_145681-1920x1080.jpg (418KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
robo-owner_145681-1920x1080.jpg
418KB, 1920x1080px
>>11664545
>Verdict Day was great. Truly the Turn A of the AC series.
>Verdict Day was great.
>great.

Ya' Blew it.
It was Okay, maybe it could be considered good. Not Great. Armored Core 4 and For Answer were Great.
>>
>>11674036

I won't deny that 4A was an improvement, but honestly I think I enjoyed 4 just a little bit more. Considering it was the first AC I played, and I really had no idea what I was doing and was figuring everything out for the first time, I suppose I came away from it with more memories.

>the first fight with Amazigh ("Disappear, disappear, disappear!")
>struggling to beat Sherring, and realizing afterwards that I just killed a guy who I totally respected as a pilot (that first taste of that Raven life, man)
>going in ill-prepared against Mary Shelley, only to have Joshua fly in unexpectedly and turn the tide of the battle (watching those two clash off in the distance while I got my bearings and prepared to rejoin the fight, there was a moment where I felt like Setsuna staring up at the 0 Gundam. NEXT-vs-NEXT battles can be damn majestic when you've got a moment to just take them in as a bystander like that.)
>hopping between the arena/simulator and the workshop, running up against opponents I just couldn't beat and tinkering with my AC trying to figure out a build that might stand a chance against them

Don't spoil yourself with 4A yet, playing through 4 first is still a lot of fun and a rewarding experience in its own right.
>>
I'm still bummed that VD didn't have a proper intro. I want my From mecha porn.
>>
>>11674575
AC4 was the last game From made that was actually finished.
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 758x959px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 758x959px
Is Ninball Seraph the most powerful unit to ever come out of AC?
>>
>>11674764
All the Nexts are more powerful.
>>
>>11674764
No, even the starter-NEXTS in AC4 can kick its ass.
>>
>>11674575
>NEXT-vs-NEXT battles can be damn majestic when you've got a moment to just take them in as a bystander like that.

They LOOK and FEEL like something out of a mecha show and they MOVE like it too.

It aches how for years now nothing is probably going to come close.
>>
>>11674906
>>11674815
Actually the hobo rigs in V/VD could probably kick its ass too. Nineball Seraph is pretty low tier once you realise that it's only impressive in its low tier setting.

Maybe the Nineball Seraph ripoff Next from ACE:R which has assault armour and quickboosts and farts kojima all over.
>>
File: Wong Shao-Lung.jpg (12KB, 187x269px) Image search: [Google]
Wong Shao-Lung.jpg
12KB, 187x269px
>yfw the plot of AC4 boils down to "Wong Shao-Lung manipulates everyone into wiping out anything that can oppose his rise to power"
>yfw he gets away again in FA
>>
>>11672164
Shame they don't have a visual novel element. Not moe waifus or any of that so much as conversations over comm then being able to walk around real locations ingame, even if its like something out of a topdown RPG for the sake of making it cheaper to do.

Wet dreams:
1) Square Enix write the code for the side elements, including a character creator for FROM to use to generate the game's cast and some motion capture/dialog stuff. No combat in that RPG-mode, just talking and walking, I'd imagine. Seeing someone climb into an AC and power it up from the inside could be cool. Obviously we try to keep the anonymous hero as best we can... Which ironically would be done best with a first-person perspective.

2) Airborne carriers. Either working with another group who pick their own missions and do their own shit or getting your own and deploying with your own group, doing drops and even retreats with your carrier like the highwind or some shit.

3) World-map. Not just "you can only fight here" but being able to explore the world itself and discover things -- feeling like a mote of dust in a massive world with mission-like encounters -- think Starfox II, the way you can intersect an interplanetary missile on world-map or a super-carrier or go planetside or fighter-group and kick up a fuss or choose to pussyfoot around them and go for the big prize as a tactician. You'd get to pick the missions you want and make the allegiances you want.

4) Give us full flight again and maneuverability for those who want to be quick and deadly: Give ground-pounding tankers the ability to shoot their back-weapons as well as their hand-weapons. The less one moves, the harder they are to detect and the longer a lockon takes: You CAN be quick if you want to but it has both itsupsides and downsides.

5) ZOE style close combat. Please for the love of god this is overdue.

6) Transform into a fighter. Handle like Ace Combat with stalling and thrust-vectoring added. Hnngh.
>>
File: lewd.jpg (10KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.jpg
10KB, 218x231px
>>11674929
>yfw his proteges are all young women
>>
File: samurai boys.jpg (78KB, 600x464px) Image search: [Google]
samurai boys.jpg
78KB, 600x464px
>>11674938
better than having all his proteges as young boys instead?
>>
>>11674938
I can see Lillium holding that sign in my head.
>>
>>11674946
>Implying hormonally starved lithe boys in ornate dress or tight pilot suits with long hair and sparkly eyes aren't even better
>A harem of mecha show pretty boys played out as traps instead
>Could be a fun way to lay into character archtypes like Kira Yamato, comparing them to "real men" with tattoos and biceps and beards.
>>
>>11673822
many belive that the zodiac was in reality a prototype project, something like the first first reaper squad, persons turn into IA tasked with hunting down other's pilots
>>
>>11674662
Same here, I was expecting a nice full CGI intro after seeing the promo art that look like screenshots of the intro.

I find the intros of AC one of the best things each time you get a new game, and something nice to see from time to time.
>>
>>11674914
True, he is awesome in the games where he appears because he is the best they could get with that tech, q NEXT can kill it without effort.

Other thing is if you create a new Nineball with NEXT tech. then we are fucked....again.
>>
>>11674929
at least in the destruction path, we know he is death, all the lynx are death there, and no one can stop you.
>>
>>11674931
this would be like a another experiment if FROM do it, something like chromehounds; that was a experiment to see if the gameplay could work on 4.
>>
>>11674938
>yfw when all the employees of interior union are womens.
>>
>>11675360
lesbian orgy on holidays?
>>
>>11674910
>They LOOK and FEEL like something out of a mecha show and they MOVE like it too.

They LOOK and FEEL like something out of a SPECIFIC KIND of mecha show. As did the previous games, of a differetn sort.
>>
>>11675453
so we can say that a AC really capture the feel of mecha shows in their games, depending on how they wanted it to portrayed?
>>
>>11675465

That is fair to say
>>
>>11675465
they really capture the feel of a super robot destroying everthing with METAL WOLF CHAOS
>>
>>11675453
>>11675465
>>11675505

Now imagine if FROM SOFTWARE ever do a Gundam game, which gundam should be the chosen one?
>>
>>11675532
Unicorn.

P.S. they already did it, it sucked. ACE2 and 3 were really good though.
>>
>>11675543
well our hopes for a really good gundam game are death
>>
My favorite is AC4A because sadly its the only one I've ever owned, I was interested in VD but after seeing the change with the mechs and ugly/distracting HUD I decided to skip it. Still fun to watch others play it though.
>>
>>11675543
ACE 1 was the closest From ever came to making an AC-like game with Gundam stuff in it.

>mfw having space dogfight against Char with Black Selena
>>
>>11675588
The HUD/computer voice is actually not as distracting as it seems when you watch other people play it. In fact, it's barely different front how older ACs used to use sound effects to indicate that you were running low/out of energy. Not a huge factor in gameplay. It actually says a lot more about the game immersion, which I'd like to credit for the brilliant sound direction in the ACV games.
>>
>>11675642
they avoid the annoying sound that many other games use, with a constant *beep* or something indicating you are low on something, this just give you a warning message and you know you are in danger of running out of energy o in case you are in a intense fight or something just a few words and you know your HP is decrasing, it's wonderful the way that it works, because you are aware of the danger and is not annoying.

Truly a example other games should follow
>>
>>11675588
>the change with the mechs and ugly/distracting HUD I decided to skip it. Still fun to watch others play it though.

nigger, it feels like im actually piloting a robot this time

hope they keep this for AC6
>>
>>11675685
when it comes to Armored core in general, /m/ love it, but when it comes to individual games, /m/ is torn apart withing 4fags and Vfags, is rare the ones that like both games.
>>
>>11675725
I like both 4 and V. Come at me, bro.
>>
>>11675725
All the new games are garbage. The franchise died with LR
>>
File: based producer.jpg (260KB, 1200x1650px)
based producer.jpg
260KB, 1200x1650px
have time for a little read?
>>
>>11675751
;_;

>>11675748
You are exactly the kind of ACfag we don't need here.
>>
>>11674931
Reminds me of this post an anon made regarding ACV, right down to it being a sort of VN that's linked to accounts via a main site (and being excluded from English release):
http://archive.moe/m/thread/7270206/#7274141

It would be interesting if From did go with a light VN-like side game that expanded upon the lore while also giving incentives to play it between breaks.
>>
>>11675751
this just make my day.
>>
>>11675725
while this is true, this is one of the few Armored Core thread that I have seen without much complain withing the two.
>>
>>11675748
are you really saying that 4A is garbage? can a faggot like this really exist?
>>
>>11675830
I remember that in a previous thread some suggest something similar, going to the organization like the raven ark, you pass the time in a lobby where you could talk to others pilots, they could suggest you do mission toghters, or give you special parts, and other anon even suggest a black market for rare parts.
>>
>>11676256

Ha, that was me. I remember that thread, lot of good ideas tossed around.
>>
>>11676637
those were good times.
>>
this was a nice thread
>>
>>11675748

Thats insanity. I played the shit out of 4 and VD mang.
>>
>>11676743
he is a faggot, first class faggot
>>
I tried playing Armored Core 2 (I don't have any console so I had to emulate it)

It was too difficult for me.
>>
>>11676815
well, FROM like to give some difficulty to their games.
>>
are we ever going to get a master piece like 4A?
>>
>>11675060
shame that the pilots dont have portraits or something I just imagine her NEXT.
>>
>>11676834

But I was just getting blown apart while basically not landing any hits, and it's not like I have any cash to buy any upgrades.
>>
>>11675725
I like FA's speed: more specifically the way it feels like giant robot anime.

I like V's tacticool, the way it forces me to think and work as a team, feeling like a real military machine.

I think to produce a truly great AC, you need a game that does both of these things, rather than one or the other and the last two generations have been very polarized which has made me sad.
>>
>>11676834

Sometimes the spike is bizarre, though. Like the difference between Last Raven and Nexus (or Last Raven Portable and Silent Line Portable) is immense.

If you're not in high gear already you stand a good chance of getting murdered in your first mission.
>>
Remember the good ol days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6IpcH_HqzY
>>
>>11676887
for this, we need something like 4A with more mission on cities, even flying cities and the for the team part...fight massive arms forts that need teamwork to defeat.
>>
>>11676907
my first Armored core was Last Raven (poor choice, the lack of tutorial really hurt me at first), and true, the AC you have initialy is very poor and simple mooks can give problem, and one of the 3 firts mission give you a fight againts a medium tier AC, with high energy damage...I didnt defeat him until the second run.
>>
>>11676929
the theme of the Motherwill is one of the best in the whole AC history, it really capture the feeling of fighting something really, really, fucking big. The remix on VD make my day when discovered.

shame that the original Motherwill dont live to the expectation.
>>
>>11671413
Maggie is the waifu of all AC fans.
>>
>>11676953
I like the idea of an AC having different modes. One for moving around a city that places emphasis on wallkicking and careful quickboosting that won't slam you through buildings -- another for combat in more open spaces and another where you can fly like a fighter.

The idea of taking off on a runway to intercept an armsfort that's like a big airborne carrier with its own Armored Core or air-dropping from one in high altitude in one mission -- while in another using a biped, tank or quad that's heavier moving through a rain-forest, a desert or a thick swarm avoiding boosting for fear of giving away our position moving slowly like a tank platoon is incredibly thrilling.

In some missions you rely on your mobility to defend yourself. In others, you try to spot your opponent before they spot you.

The trick really would be working out which works best and when and how to make them work well together.
>>
File: ambient-7.jpg (100KB, 1100x731px) Image search: [Google]
ambient-7.jpg
100KB, 1100x731px
>>11676868

I'm almost glad they don't. I kinda like imagining what the pilot must look like based on what you know about them from their description, voice, emblem, NEXT design, combat style, etc.

Lilium:
>fair-skinned
>dark hair, ornately-styled in the back with loose-hanging bangs in the front
>eyes are the light-greyish color of her NEXT
>has a youthful appearance (ie. looks her age; probably in her teens, I'm guessing) but carries herself with the confidence and maturity of an adult
>thin frame, very graceful/poised
>dresses really elegantly
>wears a lot of silver/gold/pearls/etc.
>>
>>11675751
now i want to replaying silent line but my PS2 died
>>
>>11677943
i always thought that Lilium has gold/white hair and yeah, all those princess description all fit
>>
>>11677221

I also like the idea of ACs having different combat modes suitable to different environments... maybe transformable cores and specialized boosters (other parts would function as normal, for simplicity's sake)... some for fighting in the air, or underwater (while underwater you'd be more difficult to lock on to, but some weapon types would not function while submerged), or maybe even in space. Each would have a particular effect on gameplay (the basic cores would be optimized for ground combat, but could still engage in the other environments, just not as effectively as a more specialized build.)

I'd love to play an Armored Core game that takes place in a world that's still green and beautiful. Forests with destructable tree cover (hinders enemy lock speed and each individual tree can take a bullet or two, but even boosting into a tree will knock it down, quickly creating clearings where you're more vulnerable and turning the forest into a wide-open field as the battle progresses.) Or like, cities that still feel populated (civilian evacuation still in progress; as a mercenary, depending on your orders it may be entirely left to your discretion whether to steer combat away from the vulnerable civilian transport vehicles.)
>>
File: 2954268.jpg (778KB, 1350x981px) Image search: [Google]
2954268.jpg
778KB, 1350x981px
>>11677943
>>
File: Verdict cast.jpg (229KB, 850x601px) Image search: [Google]
Verdict cast.jpg
229KB, 850x601px
>>11677022
>>
File: 21545634.jpg (521KB, 1200x905px)
21545634.jpg
521KB, 1200x905px
>>11678068
>>
File: 1411387600286.jpg (486KB, 850x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1411387600286.jpg
486KB, 850x1007px
>>11678074
There's also a dressed Lilium in this one.
>>
File: lilium.jpg (220KB, 850x898px) Image search: [Google]
lilium.jpg
220KB, 850x898px
>>11677943
for me she is like this.

but the suit is different (if that is suppose to be the pilot suit), with her hair down, with a more serious/passive anger look, like some kind of politician person that is always sharp, and of course, Wong Shang long near.
>>
>>11678112

That one's pretty close to what I was imagining when I gave that description. Not 100%, but considering the artist and I both came to our respective conclusions about her appearance from (presumably) the same information, it's still pretty damn close.

It's always cool when that happens, and stands testament to how effectively From can craft endearing and recognizable characters from so little information. AC design alone says a ton about the pilot.
>>
File: chief and carol.jpg (192KB, 900x873px) Image search: [Google]
chief and carol.jpg
192KB, 900x873px
chief and carol.
>>
File: wyndi.jpg (185KB, 540x647px) Image search: [Google]
wyndi.jpg
185KB, 540x647px
>>
File: ay pool.jpg (199KB, 580x623px) Image search: [Google]
ay pool.jpg
199KB, 580x623px
>>
File: merrygate.jpg (187KB, 525x613px) Image search: [Google]
merrygate.jpg
187KB, 525x613px
>>
File: 1362854071446.jpg (974KB, 1420x980px) Image search: [Google]
1362854071446.jpg
974KB, 1420x980px
>>11678163

>either of them having physical bodies at all

Unlikely, but I think pic related nails it.
>>
File: 1360684880753.jpg (157KB, 650x590px)
1360684880753.jpg
157KB, 650x590px
>>11678170

>right click
>"Save image as..."
>ay lmao.jpg

Here's another of her.
>>
>The battlefield... is where my soul... belongs!
>>
File: 25159063.png (363KB, 543x727px) Image search: [Google]
25159063.png
363KB, 543x727px
This is my only ACV character image.
>>
>>11678177
love that chief, really nail it
>>
File: Francisca Wolcott.jpg (113KB, 720x959px) Image search: [Google]
Francisca Wolcott.jpg
113KB, 720x959px
This is almost certainly a completely unrelated character, but the moment I saw this picture (in some image dump thread here on 4chan) I immediately thought of Francisca Wolcott's emblem, so this is how I picture her.
>>
>>11678215
poor maggie. how /m/ felt when she bretay you and you have to kill her later?
>>
File: Gallery_43_6953.jpg (60KB, 200x200px)
Gallery_43_6953.jpg
60KB, 200x200px
>>11678275
now that you said it, I too se her like that, the emblem really fit that image.
>>
best portrayal of armored core protagonist
>>
>>11678304
>>
>>11678290

More or less the way Fatman felt about it. It was a regrettable turn of events, but inevitable in hindsight. Maggie was a fine operator, but that just wasn't her place in life. It would have torn her up inside to deny herself the opportunity to return to the battlefield. In the end, she lived and died by her own rules... I can respect that.

In a way, it was an honor to have been the one to lay her soul to rest, right where it belonged. She died a good death.
>>
>>11678325
V/VD have one of the best characters in the serie.

I love Rosary and chief from V, I feel bad for RD all the time, and Fatman and Maggie are a great team, shame that Maggie wanted to fight so much...danm it Dark Raven.
>>
File: 6203101796_a451ca5ebb_b.jpg (402KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6203101796_a451ca5ebb_b.jpg
402KB, 768x1024px
3,silent line,and last raven in that order
>>
>>11678337
RD voice before the AC explode, is one of the best lines I had ever heard, it really sounds as someone that is desesperate to survive but knows there is no escape.
>>
>>11678337

4/4A and V/VD are the first games in the franchise to attempt to have actual characters, is why.

The last one that had characters with an actual connection to the plot was Project Phantasma, with Stinger and Sumika.

Last Raven kind of had Evangel, Zinaida, and Jack-O at least.
>>
File: 1391512909026.png (430KB, 417x451px) Image search: [Google]
1391512909026.png
430KB, 417x451px
I'm planning on buying the Japanese version soon. The servers better be as active as everyone says it is.
>>
>>11674815

Ok, what is the most powerful NEXT?
>>
>>11678779

100% stock, piloted by a canon lynx, or player-customized?

In any case, it's an interesting question, especially after factoring out pilot skill and AMS compatibility. Since there are actual visible numbers to compare, comparing performance of AC parts makes a lot more sense than arguing over anime power levels. Still, there's a lot of room for interpretation; parts have their situational strengths and weaknesses, and there aren't many cases where one part is clearly superior to all others in its class.

That's what makes the garage element of the game enjoyable... messing around with different builds, weighing one stat against another, figuring out what sort of AC is going to perform best in the areas that are most important to your combat style.
>>
>>11678779
There actually isn't an answer to this question (ha). Its like a game of rock paper scissors: Some styles and builds trump others and are likewise trumped in turn.

Generally, missileboats and machineguns are what rock meta and lighter faster builds generally dominate.

What made White Glint special was it was a midweight that moves like a lightweight, provided you used it properly.

Any permaflight build will destroy most any ground build unless you've got a pilot in a tank who's VERY experienced and knows how to use cover.
>>
>>11679220

Anyone got that comic where the guy and his brother (or cousin, or friend, I don't remember exactly) each build a specialized AC meant to take advantage of the other's shortcomings (the author in a heavy tank AC, and his brother in a lightweight) and they keep improving along those lines until the author's tank can't aim fast enough to hit the lightweight at all, and the lightweight can't carry enough ammunition to make a dent in the tank's AP?
>>
>>11678693
>forgetting about Nine-Ball and Leos Klein
>>
>>11679220
>>11678860
Let's not mince words though, LAHIRE, White Glint, and 063AN were in their own tier in the metagame.
>>
>>11679220
Was watching G-Reco today, this line reminded me of the AC series. Vertical elevation is such an overwhelming advantage in these games, no matter the generation.
>>
>>11679220
that is the best point of white glint, I use him and was my favorite build, usually I changed for a tellus or latano for more missile focus.
>>
>>11680102
even more in LR, many AC have some kind of plus, and the could fly a lot better than you, one nightmare for me, was crow, fucking asshole so hard to aim to something that almost manage permaflight in LR
>>
>>11680178
Even in V, quads and RJs were really powerful for how long they could stay up in the air and maintain their vertical advantage. In VD the top-end of the JP metagame is LRJs and quads floating in the air forever shooting anything below with impunity.
>>
File: 16.jpg (87KB, 1024x787px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
87KB, 1024x787px
>>11680178
I liked Crow. I use a quad, so his aerial shenanigans were my antithesis, but I liked the fact that aside from permaflight his AC didn't take advantage of Plus cannon use and used generally low-tier parts, and is the only AC ever to make the radar head look kind of cool. Crow felt like the most legitimate fight in the game.
>>
>>11680192
...that sounds awful, really really horrible, why someone would do that?
>>
>>11680211
Because people complained and wanted V to be more like 4A, so there's your fucking permaflight and infinite energy back, you bunch of whiners.
>>
>>11680207
the radar head in all games is so weird, it's amazed me that the developers manage to make a AC that looks good using it.
>>
>>11680217
this is why we can't have nice things
>>
someone knows when is Kadokawa planning to announces the 5 new games?
>>
>>11680224
The only good-looking radar head was the giant shark fin one from Masters of the Arena.
>>
>>11679284

Nine Ball is never really a 'character', anon, in any of his incarnations

He's closer to Genobee
>>
>>11680267
Nine-Ball was certainly a character of its own in Master of Arena. It's only afterwards that it became a "cameo" or a "theme."
>>
>>11680272
cameo, that white glint stole.
>>
>>11680224
The JUDITH from AC4 is probably the best version of the radar head so far.
>>
File: high ground.jpg (50KB, 862x366px) Image search: [Google]
high ground.jpg
50KB, 862x366px
>>11680102
>>
>>11680245

I like the one the beehive people drop in VD. Used it on a LWRJ with the 'ACVD fisherman' legs for a while, kind of gives it a Jackal/Anubis look.
>>
>>11680595

Ugh just ignore the 'acvd' dropped in there randomly, I typed it out to highlight -> right click -> google search to make sure I had the right name for those legs, forgot to delete it afterwards.
>>
>>11675360
>yfw every single interior union mission in hard mode has them actively trying to fuck you over
>>
>>11682880
That reminds me of that one lady who tried to open her own women-only company just to have it crash and burn because they were all sociopathic backstabbers
>>
>>11682946
>>11682880
>yfw the trap at the end of the old king route is set by interior
>>
>>11664558
holy crap, where can i buy this?!
>>
>>11671908
>Beat the Chief of City Police
>Leave for a second
>Come back
>See this big blue light
>Route says I need to go here so okay
>The big blue light kills me with a death laser
To this day I love the Giga Laser. It's my favorite UW.
>You will never advance on the blinding light on the horizon while dodging instakill bullets
To this day that is my favorite moment in video games.
>>
>>11680272

Sorry /m/, op of the NineBall question. The only reason I brought him up was how he's the last boss of AC:R...which I have been told sucks.
>>
File: Lncp7sH.jpg (117KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lncp7sH.jpg
117KB, 640x480px
>>
>>11683484
Chief and the debut of the mass blade was the best scene in that game. Motherfucker comes to life after you wreck him and chases after you with a big ol' steel girder.
>>
>>11676834
Except for FA which really isn't challenging at all apart from two or three missions.
>>
Armored Core announcement.

Any day now.
>>
>>11686143
pls fromsoft
>>
File: 07.jpg (130KB, 1024x787px) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
130KB, 1024x787px
>>11664563

Fascinator and Oracle from Last Raven
>>
File: The fun stops here.jpg (101KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
The fun stops here.jpg
101KB, 600x592px
QUICK /m/! NINE BALL IS OUT TO GET YOU!

CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE OPERATOR

>Not choosing Fiona
>2014
>>
>>11689163
Lana Nielsen

:^)
>>
>>
All I want is a return to 4A's speed and aesthetics, and make a game that's kinda like Ace Combat Zero, where you fight with squads of NEXTs (with accompanying backstory cinematics) with your wingman/squad.
>>
>>11689335
>whole squads of NEXTs
Are you trying to destroy the world even faster this time?
>>
>>11678344

Suberb taste.
>>
>>11686143

PLZ.

Give me space battles and bigger maps with true 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6 if we must have operators. (we must)
>>
>>11689335
>where you fight with squads of NEXTs

This might be a bit too much, but I too would like something similar to, say, Silent Line.
More cooperation at a story level between Ravens is always good, the assault on the Silent Line where you end up being the only survivor was easily one of the most emotional and amazing moments in the AC franchise. Or the fight in the satellite with Shade as backup against the AI pilot, Silent Line was really great, there was this comfy and cozy feeling of brohood between certain Ravens that made them so endearing to me.
>>
>>11689564
I loved the consorts in 4A. They had just enough quirks and dialogue to be memorable and to build an attachment too, and some of them were even very important to the story like Otsdarva and Wynne.

It's criminal that Lilium isn't ever available for hire though. She's the only top five Collared LYNX who can't be hired at some point.
>>
>>11689335
>Not wanting to pit your shitbucket pedestrian AC teams from V against genuine NEXTs, instead of crude knockoff White Glint.
>Not wanting to curbstomp midget ass Normals from V with your glorious improved NEXT that no longer contaminates the environment with Kojima particles due to advancements in technology since some of Humanity left Earth folloing the success of the Closed Plan in 4A.

Small force of space people NEXTs vs. all your sad Normals and other weapons from whatever groups survived V and VD.
>>
>>11682959
>yfw Serene Haze, is Kazumi Sumika, a retired Interior Union pilot, and want's you blood.
>>
>>11683960
one of the best cases of showing that the enemy is in reality a IA.

while AC have never be know for a good voice acting, Chief is one of my favorites ever, same with Oldking, a russian guy counting your bodycount with a incresing emotion on the voice...awesome
>>
>>11686143
if they finally announces the new Armored core, /m/ is going to have orgy.
>>
>>11684504
is a shame that they did FA easy, and I don't say this because I love hardcore games or something like that, but because the fights with Arms forts were a dissapoiment, specially Motherwill.
>>
>>11689501
this would be a sequel to 4A and a prequel to V, and show how everthing goes to hell.
>>
>>11689556
is the operator really fun to play or helpful on VD?
>>
>>11689564
if you think about it, the LR is more amazing, in just one day (24 hours) you fight a whole war, depending the route, destroy all the pulverizer or kill all the other ravens, you alone, and being a normal human, while many have some kind of enchament. in just one day of complete battle.
>>
>>11689570
my favorite pilot is Dan moro on celebrity ash, I love he looks for your support and get more scared each mission, until he lost it againts sold dios, I feel like "oh rookie, dont worry I am here to protecto you, just give me some support fire".

Now that I think about, he remembere me of RD, he didn't deserve to die.
>>
>>11690817
>Hahaha... It's alright...relax. What the-? A Sol Dios cannon?! Are they crazy? How the hell can we scratch this thing? Wha-? That many of them? No good! I can't evade them fast enough!
>>
>>11689313
why we cant get more awesome art like this?
>>
this thread is still alive? I canĀ“t belive it.
>>
File: white glint.jpg (149KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
white glint.jpg
149KB, 1024x768px
>>11690934
Was a great thread. I don't really have anywhere to talk about Armored Core. The general in /vg/ is filled with circlejerking and namefaggotry. This was a nice change of pace.
>>
>>11690954
the only good thing /vg/ have everdone was post the http://pastebin.com/Y4AMbSPv link, but as usual /vg/ is /vg/.

thanks God Armored Core is /m/ material, because without that, I coulnd't talk about it anywhere. Thanks /m/ for being one of the best boards.
>>
>>11690934
each time I see a AC thread on /m/ I name it "my bliss" thread until it's dies and a new one came.
>>
>>11690954
now Imagine the one we are going to have when Fromsoftware finally annonce their new game and turns to be a new AC.

SAVE YOU THEORIES AND SPECULATION ANONS.
>>
>>11691054
the problems is, what will happen if the game is not another AC or a mecha game at all
>>
>>11690954

In my experience, the /vg/ general tends to focus more on online/pvp, while /m/ threads tend to focus more on single-player/story... not unexpected from a board that's about video games compared to a board that's (mostly) about anime. Personally, I enjoy both threads.
>>
File: DSC_0035.jpg (2MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0035.jpg
2MB, 4128x3096px
>>11664563
Favorite is 4. Even though I started out on Nexus and played the others before hand.
Antagonist, Jack O.
>>11664545
And I cannot wait for that to come out.
>>
>>11691539
yeah, in the few post that are trying to talk about something.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.