[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are they compared to the Zaku, Leo, etc...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

File: Hg00-tieren.jpg (269KB, 1761x1110px)
Hg00-tieren.jpg
269KB, 1761x1110px
-Slow but heavily armored.
-Performance is contrasted to the lightly armored but wickedly fast Flag and Hellion.
-Blade weapon is pretty cool but slow if used against heat hawk or beam saber.
-Ranged weapon are cool but seem like a step back when compared to a simple machinegun or beam rifle.

-Looks awesome though. The design was what first drew me to the 00 universe.
>>
File: Tieren_LOL.jpg (199KB, 1456x1128px) Image search: [Google]
Tieren_LOL.jpg
199KB, 1456x1128px
>>11118197
Don't forget this variation.
>>
>>11118197

The pilots don't like them too much, because you're riding shotgun in a metal coffin in one.
>>
File: Mser-04.jpg (112KB, 397x650px) Image search: [Google]
Mser-04.jpg
112KB, 397x650px
>>11118202
>The pilots don't like them too much, because you're riding shotgun in a metal coffin in one.
They aren't bad when fighting the Anfs. Their armour were perfectly adequate against solid weapons.
>>
the design wouldn't look out of place inside ACV world
>>
>>11118201
What's so ridiculous about it? It's an anti-air vehicle. It makes perfect sense.
>>
I actually really love 00's grunt designs (except maybe for the Enact, because it's basically in and out of universe knock off of the Flag). The Tieren's got that tacticool Russian/Chinese tank look, and I think the Knee Shield actually makes a lot of sense for a ground MS
>>
I think the issue with the Tiernan is that it wasn't equipped properly. It's heavy size, stocky size, and reliance on conventional weaponry make it the perfect wielder of hard-pointed mounted missile pods, heavy cannons like the Magalla Top Cannon or 180mm cannon used by Ground type Gundams, it's own version of the now stereotypical zaku bazooka, and even some hand held machinegun.

I know it sounds like I'm just sticking Zaku gear on it, but that's because Zaku gear is just running the gambit of conventional wepaons. The issue with the Tiernan is it had one under powered weapon, made absolutely no good use of its hands, and being a ground bound unit with a very good center of mass... it doesn't take advantage of it by using weapons that Flag and Enact can't handle due to being aerial units with low weight that would be knocked about by their own recoil if they used heavy conventional weapons
>>
They were considered outdated compared to other countries and the cockpit lacked view screens. Instead the pilot would be shoved in a cramped dark space with a special view helmet. Its part of why they were referred to as metal coffins by the pilots.

Overall they were slow, could boost or jump without being the special variants, and the gun had a slow rate of fire. Heavy armor is its only saving grace and even that didn't really help it at all in setting.

It may very well be the weakest of the not-zaku.
>>
File: hrl with fixed text.jpg (41KB, 225x325px) Image search: [Google]
hrl with fixed text.jpg
41KB, 225x325px
>>11118817
>>
File: hrlposter.jpg (119KB, 332x480px) Image search: [Google]
hrlposter.jpg
119KB, 332x480px
>>11118853
less ant-like but crediting China instead of the HRL

and Tieren is the best Gundam grunt.
>>
Effective MS or not, this 1/100 scale badboy deserves a place on my MG Zaku-type shelf.
>>
>>11118859
Never picked it up, might sometime because it's basically the quality of an older MG from the reviews I've seen
>>
I really like their designs, but when they walked on screen for the first time and they're plodding around ridiculously slowly it made me go "why are you here in a universe that has flags". Flags are fast and agile and then you have Tierens which are so slow and stompy, even if they're supposed to be much older they just felt out of place.

Really good design though.
>>
>>11118878
It kind of makes sense for that reason though . . . . Flags beat everything before them (and honestly probably the Enact too) because they're faster and more agile, even if they can't take as many hits as a Tieren
>>
I have this dude in 1/100 right next to me and I fucking love him. Dat rocket launcher is a GOAT
>>
File: like so.jpg (53KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
like so.jpg
53KB, 800x700px
>>11118817
>(except maybe for the Enact, because it's basically in and out of universe knock off of the Flag)

Say that to my face, motherfucker, and see how that plays out for you.
>>
They might have a chance at ranged combat but when someone gets in close, that armor and blade thingie is next to shit.

Sergei did make them look somewhat badass but then Setsuna woke up.
>>
>>11118878
Agree.
>>
>>11118207

Being good at fighting it's own outdated predecessor isn't really an accomplishment.
>>
File: 1405418722326.jpg (602KB, 1280x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1405418722326.jpg
602KB, 1280x1800px
Loving the 00 grunt threads lately, they need some love
>>
>>11118817
Yeah but IIRC the flag is based on the realdo which was in turn based on the hellion so theres some back and forth design theft, correct me if im wrong
>>
>>11120257
>Being good at fighting it's own outdated predecessor isn't really an accomplishment.
And yet it works. That's the important part. The fact that its armour became redundant with the advent of beam weapons isn't the Tieren's fault.
>>
>>11120758
I wish the flag kits weren't so shitty. I fucking love the design.
>>
>>11121273
Isn't the 1/100 supposed to be alright?
>>
>>11121290
It needs a little more than friction to be solid. Mine can barely hold its rifle. The wings are fiddly and the flaps pop off. It's arguably better than the Masurao or Brave, but eh.
>>
TIEREN = Shit.
Overflags >>>>>> Enact >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tieren.
>>
All Tieren needs are some rollerskates to make it look like something from Front Mission.
>>
File: Hg00-tieren-taozi-sergei.jpg (287KB, 1500x915px) Image search: [Google]
Hg00-tieren-taozi-sergei.jpg
287KB, 1500x915px
>>11118202
>The pilots don't like them too much

The pilots liked the late high mobility types, iirc.
And the Taozi is pretty damn sweet for what it is.
>>
>>11121563
This guy knows whats up.
>>
File: Tieren 042.jpg (199KB, 1024x768px)
Tieren 042.jpg
199KB, 1024x768px
>>11118841
>heavy cannons like the Magalla Top Cannon or 180mm cannon used by Ground type Gundams
The standard cannon was already 200mm though.
> it's own version of the now stereotypical zaku bazooka
Pic related, it did. It was just never shown in the show for whatever reason.

My big disappointment with 00 was when it started, I was hoping the AEU and Union would have their own big tanky Tieren/Anf-esque MS, and the HRL would also have its own Flag/Enact type flight MS- a whole cmobined ars MS warfare kind of thing. But they squandered it, and all the MSV gives us is stuff like >>11121273, which just don't fly with me. Pun intended.
>>
>>11121947
>cmobined ars
And by that I meant combined arms.
>>
>>11121954
I'd kill for a mecha show that actually utilized combined arms.
>>
>>11121989
IgLoo: The Gravity Front?
>>
>>11121993
Shows that aren't cgi garbage.
>>
>>11121989
Well, I meant combined arms MS warfare in the sense of multiple types of MS for specific roles supporting each other, not true combined arms, which I would never honestly expect to see in any mecha show.

00 did skirt this combined arms MS thing a bit, like actually showing the Artillery Tierens backing up the standard ones, and some during the whole triple team beatdown on CB, but that was about the extent of it.
>>
>>11118800
it just looks cluttered and overbearing

though in practicality i dont imagine it moving much, so thats not a problem really.
>>
>>11121947

>Combined arms

Well you got the HRL using tanks and helicopters along with the Tierens. As well as the Tieren Cannon for long range support.
>>
>>11121989

Dougram.

Votoms as well in some of its story arcs.
>>
>>11121989
Mobile Suit Gundam?
The helicopters, planes, and Magellas weren't mobile suits, last I checked.
>>
>>11122169
While the Tieren cannons were rad as hell they made no sense why bother sticking a cannon on a mobile suit frame when you can just stick it on a truck or something especially since they knew they were going to engage CB in the desert.
>>
>>11121947
The standard weapon isn't really 200mm. It's more akin to the auto-cannons used on helicopters, than what is basically an auto-firing tank cannon. In the same way that the 180mm Magella Top Cannon is meant to represent the height of that generations "big boom tech". The Tiernan is really only equipped to deal with infantry and oudated/lightly armored vehicles like the Anf and other third world militiary weapons, As we see vs the Gundam's, it really has no "real" anti-mobile suit weaponry that would be used vs Enact and Hellion.

From what I can gather. The part of the world that the HRL operates in and has allies in, isn't exactly the cozies and nicest places. Given that they sell their ANF's like hot cakes to third/second world regimes through first and second party. I think the issue is the Tiernan is basically equipped to fight against Anf in localized conflicts. Each of the 00 grunts are built with a different concept in mind as I remember. The US suit is meant to be able to launch anywhere at anytime in order to carry on the ideaology caretaker of the world. The European suits are meant to draw energy from the solar elevator, and therefore be near unstoppable in their own territroy. A deterrant to attackers, and a way to protect their territorial integrity. The Tiernan with their heavy armor and fairly light weapons, don't seem to be meant to take on the other nations. Rather, they seem meant to be a hard counter to the Anf, so they can always beat up and bully any lesser country using them.
>>
>>11124211
The cannon type wasn't improvised for the desert operation, it was a standard machine they already had in the HRL arsenal. That said, it doesn't look practical at all, it'd fall over if it tried to walk around.

>>11124282
>The standard weapon isn't really 200mm.
What do you mean it isn't? It's listed as a 200mm smoothbore cannon.
>>
>>11124500
I'm sure that someone from /k/ is better at this than me, since my specialty is UC technology, but. The actual weapon is 200mm x 20mm, in the same manner as autocannons (20mm is actually the smallest calibre that counts as an autocannon). The reason for that labeling as opposed to just 200mm or just 20mm is because autocannons use shells rather than bullets. So unlike say, 12.7mm machinegun still using bullets, the 20mm uses shells and therefore can use various different types of shell ammunition such as HEAT, AP, etc.

20mm is the calibre, while 200mx20mm is the shell size. To put in perspective, the Zaku machinegun uses 120mm calibre shells.
>>
File: 10075546t2.jpg (802KB, 992x852px) Image search: [Google]
10075546t2.jpg
802KB, 992x852px
>>11124282
>>11124500

There's also the 1:100 which has soldiers for size comparison.

>>11121947

Just from eyeballing it, I'd say that the gun's at least firing shell 150mm in diameter rather than 20.

But you know who had a 20mm autocannon in-universe according to official material? The Enact. true to scale it's a tiny dot on its hips.
>>
>>11124601
Actually, no. It's a "200mm x 25 smoothbore cannon". There is no 25mm listed anywhere.

That 'x 25' is supposed to refer to barrel length.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=152819#p152819
>That should be 200mm x 25 caliber, and similarly 300mm x 50 caliber for the long-range cannon type. They're using caliber here as a ratio of barrel length compared to barrel diameter. (Note that this reflects the dimensions of the barrel, not the shell itself as G.Squirrel suggests.)

Anyway, I've never heard of ammunition measured in metric terms by "shell length by shell width", it's almost always the opposite (shell/bullet width is the first number, case length or variant number follows after). There's a whole other can of worms to get into when it comes to shell measuring dimensions, but "200x25mm" would describe a shell 200mm wide and only about 25mm long.
>>
>>11124500
Oh yeah I know they weren't made for the desert mission. I'm just saying that because they knew exactly where the operation was taking place they could've just towed in a shitload of artillery instead of using the tierens.
>>
>>11124697
You're right. I just can't reason how the weapon works, so I went off the belief that the measurements has been reversed or something. Just because while the Tiernen is 130 tons, it's only 18 M high, and it's machinegun doesn't seem much more effective or larger than the 120mm Zaku.
>>
>>11125103
Oh. Now I remember. It's because as fucked up as it is. The 200mm x 25 smoothbore has the following issue. There is actually a second gun attached to it. A 12.7mm coaxial. From the size of that barrel compared to the main one, I don't think it's far fetched to think that it's double the size or 25mm.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.