[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything you would like to see more of in mecha series/games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: wbpd_xx_cc1.jpg (187KB, 1024x1352px) Image search: [Google]
wbpd_xx_cc1.jpg
187KB, 1024x1352px
Is there anything you would like to see more of in mecha series/games?

Is there anything that hasn't been done at all at this point? Other than a mecha series that takes place almost entirely underwater there doesn't seem to be much room for new ideas.
>>
>>11105868
why does it have a third foot coming out of its ass
>>
File: mars_daybreak_67860.jpg (220KB, 950x1250px) Image search: [Google]
mars_daybreak_67860.jpg
220KB, 950x1250px
>>11105868
> mecha series that takes place almost entirely underwater
>>
i would like to see more mecha fighting games. and a mecha anime with powered armor in a militaristic setting. those would be nice to see
>>
It's only happened once and it was for three levels in the game (four if you count the tutorial).

Space mech sims. I want Gundam/Vifam/Dragonar/L-Gaim, etc combat in space with the same style of lethality and maneuvers done in a Heavy Gear/Mechwarrior style sim game.

Speaking of games as well, a game where you play Heinlein style power armour would be fantastic; only game that came close to that feeling was Terra Nova.
>>
>>11105868

Strictly civilian shows and good mecha racing shows are fairly rare.

Ride Back tried to do that for a few episodes, but it never felt like they were actually making good use of the transformation feature and the bike's robotic nature.
>>
>>11105917
>Terra Nova
>Looking Glass never delivered on the multiplayer mode

The game would be as popular as fucking Doom if they had done that.
>>
>>11105883

Too bad that every last character in the show was a boring stereotype copypasted from somewhere because the scenario itself and the web of relationships around them had a lot of potential.
>>
>>11105868
More stuff along the lines of the first episode of the Pailsen Files. While the show overall was average, the beach landing was incredibly awesome.
>>
>>11105868
Perhaps some episodes that focus on the engineers/mechanics of the mechs.

Only thing that comes to mind is the mechanic episodes of Patlabor, those were pure comedy from what I remember.

That, and perhaps a series where the mechs are not the sole weapons they have. Just because the mechs in a series exist doesn't mean stuff like jets, tanks and soldiers become obselete and pushed to the side. I would be nice to see that the mechs of a series is just another piece of military hardware
>>
combiners need to make a return
>>
>>11105868
More vampires and forced drama.
>>
More series that don't take place on earth or around earth.

Some situation where giant people loan out their suits to humans to fight against their foes creating feudal vassal relationships of sorts.
>>
>>11106076

Nah, too soon. No one is going to do that better than Gurren Lagann any time soon.
>>
There isn't one scenario that hasn't been done. UNDERGROUND
>>
>>11106143
Captain Earth did it better and more sensibly

Not saying that I liked either, though.Tthey are both pretty shit.
>>
A beautiful and competent female protag who impresses us with both looks and her deeds and not covered in SJW topics.
>>
File: ptlbr_noa0016.png (273KB, 683x507px) Image search: [Google]
ptlbr_noa0016.png
273KB, 683x507px
>>11106271

>muh waifu...
>>
>>11106315
I'd rather waifu of competence instead of just "OH SHIT JUST MOE".

I admit some /m/ shows has had them in the past. But we need more instead of "my high school age self insert male character".
>>
File: yes please.jpg (456KB, 580x750px) Image search: [Google]
yes please.jpg
456KB, 580x750px
>Is there anything that hasn't been done at all at this point? Other than a mecha series that takes place almost entirely underwater there doesn't seem to be much room for new ideas.

1) A series that takes a more simmish approach but applies them to outlandish tropes rather than realistic ones.

2) A series which actually gets the fighter-side of the robot's transformation actually move like a plane with proper dogfighting, with each mode having its advantages and disadvantages.

3) A game which lets you design the robot yourself. I'm not talking about limbs like AC: I'm saying more like Kerbal: Letting you decide where limbs and such go -- but using a loose profile or silouette which helps your robot continue to look cool. Fitting a part adds a bulge in the shape of your machine. You pick how the bulge is handled (sharply or with round flowing parts). Armour-efficiency and drag-coefficients become important.

4) A mech-game which gets zero-G combat right with a proper balance of Newtonian physics and zippiness with HUD elements designed especially to make sure you can move in 3D properly.

5) A game which has an overworld like an RPG but instead of random encounters, you can see units moving and you can choose to intercept them, entering procedurally generated mission encounters based on what you encounter and where you encounter them. If you escape or fall out of enemy range -- or them you, you return to the world-map. The encounters themselves would play something like armoured core. The world would change over time. Bonus points: A small carrier ship.

6) What you do affects how detectable you are. Radiance vs detection.

7) ACFA's ranged combat. ZOE2's close combat. Freespace's energy management.

8) Developing all the above but rather than making just a game, making a framework that lets players (should they wish to) tell their own story or add their own units, components, worlds, encounters or pull back and make their own from scratch.

It'll never happen.
>>
After watching planes: fire and Rescue with my niece. I wouldn't mind seeing a Giant Robots vs Natural Disasters. Has that been a thing?
Be a cool scene to see Giant robots or dudes in power armor smoke jumping into a firestorm.
>>
>>11105868
Where is that sexy thing from?
>>
>>11106538
Power Dolls
>>
Blaxploitation mecha
>>
>>11106324

>All this derp and ignoring his wifu right in front of him. Typical...
>>
>>11105868
>is there anything that hasn't been done at all?
Sans Steel Battalion...

DCS MS-06 Zaku II when? When can I flip virtual switches to do a virtual startup procedure for a Zaku II, and then wreck some shit?
>>
File: 98un.jpg (61KB, 541x260px) Image search: [Google]
98un.jpg
61KB, 541x260px
Multilegged mecha instead of bideal movement being the norm in a real robot setting.
>>
>>11105868
Basically >>11108262. More non-conventional designs for Mecha. Both the MC unit and enemy.

Also, a paradoy series where there's 2 parallel timeilnes and the MC's get swapped.
One is a by the book "real" pilot who's used to military combat and doesn't mess around, takes his job very seriously. (I suppose Sosuke Sagara from FMP)
The other a over the top balls to the walls, LETS DO THIS! MC. (Kamina is the best example I can think of right now)
They swap universes including their mechs. "Super" robot in a normal war and a "Real" type robot in a "super" robot conflict.
Of course one wouldn't over power the other, they'd both be good for their own reasons in each universe.
The two MC's would learn different things about each world and develop in different ways.
>>
Been watching LoGH lately and it's good. I wouldn't mind something similar to LoGH except with more ship variety and focus on the ships and tactics. I like politics, but I like sci-fi space battles more. No moe shit either; I find it insufferable.

I also wouldn't mind more Real Robot shows, but sadly, most stuff post-2000 has little to no appeal to me.
>>
The MC and his team are an elite squad equipped with the best their army can field and have one purpose: Kill the enemy prototype mech ace that's turning the tide of war. With each encounter, they get closer and closer to beating him, and learn to work as a team. And then they die anyway in the last battle
>>
Oh, and while we're all on the subject of "whurr ma sim mecha game" and such: Obligatory Mekton Zero plug. There's a tabletop RPG for this exact thing!

>>11108792
>they die anyway
The twist: Half-way through the series the ace pilot they were chasing dies in a random accident while helping with mobile suit maintenance.
>>
>>11106315
Noa best pilot
>>
>>11108612
>No moe shit either; I find it insufferable.

This guy here, he's an edgy one who hates the Kaiser.
>>
>>11105868
>Is there anything you would like to see more of in mecha series?
Mecha IN SPAAAACE

No, seriously fuck Earth. Nothing good ever comes from it.
>>
>>11108875
Patlabor would like a word with you.
>>
>>11105868
Some ideas I'd like to see:
- ancient high cultures duking it out with robots that are somewhat based on their tech level

- a show where the titular robot is the main antagonist and the good guys are desperately throwing shoddy prototype after prototype at it

- main characters are con artists who try to bullshit people into paying for their crappy robot-for-hire service
>>
Ships that do more than just blow up and tactics. Seriously how about showing ships providing logistical and artillery support, perhaps ordering mobile suits into pincer formations and letting the smaller jets coral up loose enemies.
>>
>>11108612
But Reinhard is moe as balls.
>>
Centurions like power armor fighting Titan like giants or monsters
>>
>>11109473
I wish my balls were moe

>I will never be a qt shota
suffering
>>
I really like scenes where maintenance crews work on the machines.
You get to see a lot of neat details and inner workings you otherwise wouldn't be able to see in any other moment. It really helps set the scale and sell the idea that "these are huge machines!" I think.
>>
A comedy series with mechs that isn't a parody of mechs series. Not that there's anything wrong with parody, but I'd like to see something like Taxi but instead of a cab company it's a bunch of giant- oh shit, Patlabor. Never mind.
>>
>>11105875
That's the left butt wing. You see the other one on the right.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.