[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it ever be translated? How come such a huge manga hasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: tetsujin28_33.jpg (367KB, 640x941px)
tetsujin28_33.jpg
367KB, 640x941px
Will it ever be translated?
How come such a huge manga hasn't even been attempted?
I'd like to at least read a few volumes to get the feel of it
>>
>>11053417
/m/ cares. Most of the rest of the world don't.
>>
>>11053417
>How come such a huge manga hasn't even been attempted?
>such a huge manga
>hasn't even been attempted
HMM, I WONDER
>>
>>11053527
I meant huge as in influential, popular
>>
>>11053532
It's a huge manga, over 20 volumes.
>>
>>11053544
I know, /m/ should pool their cool translator dudes and do at least a couple
>>
>>11053548
You should pool your money and pay someone to do it. This shit isn't magic, but countless hours of a real job.
>>
>>11053560
And yet /m/subs does a great amount of manga and shows
I'm just saying
>>
>>11053573
I don't think one or two every few years can be considered a great amount. And they don't really do manga.
>>
The only scanlators that would even try are busy. One with Sangokushi and the other with Takeda Shingen and Babel II.

But hey look on the bright side MARS and Giant Robo are done.
>>
>>11053417
As a (semi)active translator, I honestly wouldn't want to undertake a project I'm not passionate about or have no direct interest in. No interest = subpar scanlations.
I mean, Gundam is my thing and even then, I find myself being lazy sometimes. And that's on top of life's busy schedule.
The fact that it's 20 volumes is also a big turn off. Burn out is a BIG factor.
>>
>>11054844
>No interest = subpar
Are you kidding? Am I being trolled?
>>
>>11054890
I don't see whats wrong?

No passion about a subject means some1 is more likely to half-ass it?
>>
I own and read 20 of the 24 volumes so far. (Will pick up the rest soon)
As it's aimed at kids, it's pretty easy to understand. I'd love to translate it, but it's huge! I just haven't got the time to do it. Unlortunately because of it's length and lack of interest I don't think it's ever going to be translated.
>>
File: it's not worth it.png (69KB, 679x234px) Image search: [Google]
it's not worth it.png
69KB, 679x234px
>>11054729
>Yokoyama's complete works will never be translated in your life time
He doesn't seem to be a complete and total monster when it comes to output like Tezuka, Ishinomori, even Nagai.
But it will never be done
>>
You'd be better off gathering a group of people to undertake a project of this magnitude rather than asking any individual translator.
>>
>>11053417

Tetsujin 28 also has a 96-episode anime from the 1960s in black and white.
>>
>>11060913

My guess is the anime would be in Skaro's territory, given its age.
>>
>>11060913
Don't forget the live action TV show too.
Unfortunately I have no idea where I can "acquire" it though. I'd love to see it!
>>
>>11062226
They made a Tetsujin 28 live action TV show?
>>
>>11062230
There is a 13- episode live-action series in black and white (Aired in 1960)
>>11058396
No one scanlates Tetsujin 28 and other Yokoyama's works (Sally the Witch, Comet-san, etc.). Now, I blame Otomo's Trashkira for this.
>>
>>11062230
Yes, indeed. There hasn't been a DVD release though. Except for one episode that was included in some box-set thing of nostalgic shows as a bonus feature. It was released on laser disc though.
>>
>>11062578
>that feel when the VHS tape was labeled "Tetsijin Live Action" but it was just the 8 Man movie.
;_;
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.