[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mite B Cool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 23

File: NASA warp ship.jpg (862KB, 2500x1408px) Image search: [Google]
NASA warp ship.jpg
862KB, 2500x1408px
http://io9.com/heres-nasas-new-design-for-a-warp-drive-ship-1588948192

>1

In 2010, NASA physicist Harold White revealed that he and a team were working on a design for a faster-than-light ship. Now he's collaborated with an artist to create a new, more realistic design of what such a ship might actually look like.

More pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123021064@N05/sets/72157644113972600/

It's just concept art, but it seems like they're having a pretty good idea of what a warp ship would look like, and they're planning experiments, too. Interesting times we live in, indeed.
>>
File: event_horizon-3.jpg (47KB, 1427x672px) Image search: [Google]
event_horizon-3.jpg
47KB, 1427x672px
Let someone else take the first test flight
>>
File: 1387148606663.png (240KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1387148606663.png
240KB, 600x450px
>>10929543
Trust me on this, do not be part of the maiden FTL voyage.
>>
>>10929514
>>It's just concept art, but it seems like they're having a pretty good idea of what a warp ship would look like

It seems like the only important part is the two rings, the inside could look like anything.

>>io9

Yep, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>10929514

> it seems like they're having a pretty good idea of what a warp ship would look like

Wouldn't a large part of the design depend on how the actual FTL drive works? It does remind me of a story I read on some site a year or so back about a theoretical FTL drive whose required energy output was comparable to that of the total output of Jupiter or something though. Think it had something to do with the cosmic web. Really wish I could remember more about that story - was interesting.
>>
>>10929514
I'll feel sorry for the the dude on the test flight. Hopefully, AI tech has advanced rapidly enough, so all we need are some rats on the ship to see if life can survive the trip
>>
The horizontal deck layout doesn't make any sense. It's not like we're getting non-spin artificial gravity from this too.
>>
>>10929552
You might get fancy cyber implants from a weird computer lady though.
>>
>>10929514

> IXS Enterprise

You know, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the first interstellar ship is actually called the "Acroynm Enterprise" now that I think about it.
>>
>>10929558
Yeah. Also, even aside from the Event Horizon stuff, I wonder if an Alcubierre drive might be able to cause a lot of inadvertent damage. Since it works by compressing and expanding space, what happens if the ship is too close to another (or even a planet) and expands or compresses the space the object occupies?
>>
>ring ship
Stop stealing Vulcan technology and create your own. Jesus.
>>
Why is vaporware the first term that springs to mind when I see announcements like this?
>>
>>10929638

Cause you didn't read it right? It's not like the team actually hopes to achieve this by any set date. They're not even working on it at all beyond the theory and physics behind the drive most likely. It's just a design put out for funsies essentially.
>>
File: kornheiser_embarrassing.jpg (29KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
kornheiser_embarrassing.jpg
29KB, 334x393px
>>10929647
>Cause you didn't read it right?

Guilty...
>>
>>10929589

But will they play Magic Carpet Ride as they activate the drive?
>>
>>10929696
Hopefully they say "engage" complete with the gesture.
>>
>>10929770
A million nerds would simultaneously cream their pants if that were the case. I can't imagine such an important event not being recorded and broadcasted. Thinking about it, the type of person who would volunteer for such a test flight would likely be into sci-fi as well, so there's a chance it could happen.
>>
>>10929811
There's a decent chance IMO. If we're really going to do space exploration, there's such a cultural debate to Star Trek, that giving it the ultimate shout-out wouldn't be out of place
>>
>>10929597
Catastrophic destruction most likely though you would likely have computer systems that would prevent the drive from activating anywhere near a sizable gravity well.

I desperately hope I live long enough to see man achieve FTL.
>>
would be cool to see come to fruition
i mean at leas tthen ican die knowing there is a chance we wont be stuck on earth till the inevitable energy crisis assuming it doesnt happen earlier
>>
>>10930183

>yfw you see it occur...
>it turns out like the Gate Incident in Cowboy Beebop.

Hey, you might become immortal!
>>
>>10929820

This entire Warp Drive concept was inspired by Star Trek in the first place. So... yeah, it all goes back to Trek. Rodenberry should be mentioned at the least.
>>
Is looking at this getting anybody else sort of misty eyed? I mean a few years back even contemplating an FTL capable ship was a giant case of "shut up nerd" by most scientists standards. Now... at least now... here's what it could look like.
>>
>>10930265

It's not actually any closer to possible now than it was 10/20 years ago though really - it's just people are a bit more hopeful about the future because we're not just coming out of a cold war.
>>
>>10930277

How is it not at least a little more possible? The best science used to say it was utterly impossible. Now the best science says it's really hard and may not be possible. That's a huge shift.
>>
>>10930322

The alcubierre drive has been kicking around as an idea for 20 years now. One of the many technical limitations on it has been reduced by a bit, but that's about the only thing that's really changed in those 20 years as far as I'm aware. It's still a distant pipe dream with lots of hurdles to overcome, some of which may not be possible to do. I doubt people being more hopeful about it is at all to do with that slight change in it's possibility, so much as a general change in the zeitgeist.
>>
>>10930351

There are guys at NASA doing experiments of some sort with regards to warp drive. That's a hell of a lot different than the former line on such things, which was "lol no." Common man, this is huge. It could still pan out to be nothing but a dead end crock of shit sure, but how is this not a good step in the right direction?
>>
>>10930366

I never said people weren't taking steps in the right direction - only that I don't attribute the change in attitude to the tiny steps being taken towards it's possibility, but vice-versa - that people are taking those steps because they're more hopeful regardless.
>>
>>10930379

So then, do you realize you're contradicting yourself?
>>
>>10930277
I'm honestly not sure it can be attributed to the end of the cold war, though. Remember, the Cold War was arguably the primary impetus behind the space program; we both wanted to prove the superiority of our principles over those of Communism through our scientific achievements (such as getting to the moon) and gain a military advantage through satellites and space stations and stuff. If the USSR was still with us today, I might argue that Alcubierre's theories would be getting even more attention than they are now; perhaps the Department of Defense would be putting a lot of money into warp research to make, say, super-fast ships--imagine a spy plane like the Blackbird (fastest ever made) with warp engines. Although, like we mentioned above, use in an atmosphere might blow up the whole planet...though that might be a useful deterrent if the Cold War was still going on.
>>
>>10930386

How? The only two things that have actually changed are:

> absolutely ludicrous amounts of energy necessary is now reduced to just plain ludicrous amounts of energy

> there was one test done - results inconclusive

It's still basically as far of now as it was when it was proposed for all intents and purposes. And yet, people are more hopeful about it regardless. In fact, people were willing to research in to those two things even before either of them were announced. My point is that people have been rather hopeful about this shit for like, a decade or more now - it just wasn't the heads of NASA or other people you'd see interested, it was the students in college and young workers that weren't as old and jaded. One replaced the other as the dominant figures and the general mood regarding it has become more hopeful. Those steps are only been taken because the mood regarding this kind of thing has been improving for the last 20 odd years.
>>
>>10930406

The last lunar mission was in 1972. There was no other competition between the US and USSR in the nearly 20 years following that before the Cold War was officially over. I doubt something so theoretically implausible as the alcubierre drive would have changed that to be honest. I also don't think the Cold War was the sole impetus for the change in mood towards this kind of research, but I would imagine it plays a fairly significant part at least.
>>
>>10929554
This new design actually lowers the needed power to a reasonable amount
>>
The private sector will get there first, which means the first interstellar ship will be crewed by C-list celebrities on a reality show and their mission will be to advertise soft drinks to aliens.
>>
>io9
>IXS Enterprise
this seriously looks like a viral for a new star trek movie
>>
>>10929543
>>10929552
pussies
>>
>>10932448
Imagine the first FTL ship, with the hull covered by sponsor names: Doritos, Mountain Dew, ATI...
>>
File: modern mechanix akira.jpg (116KB, 418x391px) Image search: [Google]
modern mechanix akira.jpg
116KB, 418x391px
>>10932546
ver Ka?
>>
File: 1391651699401.png (136KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1391651699401.png
136KB, 300x300px
I really wish space elevator would show up here.
>>
At the very least, this would possibly help us figure out if tachyons and other exotic matter actually exist. Given the recent observation of inflation, if correct, would prove that ftl is a possibility and has happened before.
>>
>>10929552
>>10929543
See this is what is stupid to me. The first flight/test of a NEW TECHNOLOGY is the most evil thing and suddenly we're in God's domain.

Imagine if there was a movie about the Wright Brothers flying their plane and coming back as demons because height connects you to hell or something. Would you want something like that?
>>
>>10933056
>Wilbur Wright as Devilman

That might actually be pretty cool.
>>
>>10930253
>This entire Warp Drive concept was inspired by Star Trek in the first place.

I've heard that Alcubierre actually included "Z.Cochrane" in his paper detailing his idea for a warp drive, twenty years ago.
>>
>>10933056
That movie would be fucking fantastic, I'd see it.
>>
File: stratios.jpg (109KB, 1000x637px) Image search: [Google]
stratios.jpg
109KB, 1000x637px
Ring ships best ships
>>
File: Nah.jpg (24KB, 686x504px) Image search: [Google]
Nah.jpg
24KB, 686x504px
>>10933056
I might watch it, but only if there was a scene where the protagonist casually dismisses the big bad guy's desperate offer to join his side.
>>
>>10933056
If this was 1894 we could very well believe it.
>>
/m/, a general question. If...a fuck huge IF, warp becomes feasible. How will this change the human race?
>>
>>10932609
Find me a cheap way to make carbon nanotubes that also isn't dangerous. I'll see you in geostationary orbit
>>
>>10934557
being able to use other planets like earth for living, resources, etc, without dying of age getting there.
>>
Now we can freely ruin and pollute the Earth because we'll be in Star Trek future REAL SOON GUYS!
>>
>>10929514
>Enterprise
>Warp Drive
Disgusting Trekkies.
>>
>>10934557
Chaos.
>>
>>10934625

...how? It would be the biggest discovery so far.

>>10934590

In other words, SPACE TRAVEL. Sorry, quoting Dune.
>>
>>10929514
>warp drive

inb4 Event Horizon incident
>>
>>10934699

Technically, Event Horizons drive system folded space.
>>
>>10934699
What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>10934557
Planets become more disposable and environmentalism is dead.

The only reason I care about this planet is because it's the only one within traveling distance that I can actually breathe in.

Also, we may get enslaved by some galactic empire that assumes we're nonsentient since they don't use sound to communicate.
>>
It'd be like splitting the atom all over again. Nations will race out and build space military capability.

If we fuck up and all out interplanetary warfare results extinction becomes a likely possibility.

We survived the Cold War without nuclear armageddon mostly due to dumb fucking luck and we still aren't out of the woods yet.
>>
>>10934720

>yfw asked in 250 years. "Where were you when Space War I started?"
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines Codex Cover.jpg (149KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines Codex Cover.jpg
149KB, 800x600px
>>10934693
I think he means WH40k chaos.
>>
>>10934710
>assumes we're nonsentient since they don't use sound to communicate

That's stupidity of a magnitude that's nothing short of human.
>>
>>10934746
Hey man.

We assume rocks aren't sentient because they don't have blood and can't talk but how can you REALLY know? Maybe everything can talk and we just can't hear it. Maybe all the asteroids are alien colonies full of living alien water and they already colonized the Earth and made the oceans and stuff, and we drink thousands of water molecules a day without realizing that they're alive and reproducting in our stomachs.

Like dude. What if we're so retarded we don't even know it. You don't know. You don't know.
>>
FTL = Causality violation = Time Travel
>>
>>10934752
Not him but i think you may have used a bad example to say what you meant. But yeah an alien race that uses a form of communication undetectable telpathy for example or something we couldn't even conceive would be detrimental to any attempts of communication.
Reminds me of yukikaze.
Third book when?
>>
>>10934557
>How will this change the human race?

Well all the guys who bought a piece of Lunar or Martian property are suddenly actual real landowners.
>>
File: Scharnhorst09.jpg (99KB, 1280x711px) Image search: [Google]
Scharnhorst09.jpg
99KB, 1280x711px
Happy to see such optimism here but remember that this design, is based over discovering material that may not actually exist and a power source that may not be ever feasible.

I wouldn't be surprise if 100 years later we completely replaced our hope over the Alcubierre drive by something else. Be it a spaceship, a stargate.or some sort of teleporting machine

>>10934757
That's only a semantic problem.
We are basing speed over the movement of atoms like the photon, which is massless and well...fucking fast. This is why going faster would violate Causality.

However most warp drive ideas are about taking a shortcut outside the known law of the universe.
Think of it more as "rewriting some constant of the universe" than going faster than light.

An analogy would be to imagine the universe like a big simulation on a "magic" computer than encompass the multiverse. Warping or going FTL would be like finding a glitch or unexpected interaction that allow you to "cheat".

Anyway, this is all fiction from now
>>
>>10935246

It's more about using loopholes in our own understanding of the universe than doing stuff with the actual object itself.
>>
>>10929514

Cool looking design tho
>>
File: Falcon.jpg (365KB, 800x676px) Image search: [Google]
Falcon.jpg
365KB, 800x676px
What if you made the human crew experience time differently, lowering metabolism rate, somehow manipulating the speed of their nervous system so they can stand there for 10 minutes and when it's really been 10 years? And the crew was actually a dedicated tribe that never left the ship, so their descendants carried on their great mission when they eventually died?

First we start off by sending them to different moons within Sol, for trial runs, if that works then we can attempt Arcturus, send them off and cross our fingers they eventually come back and share their knowledge.
>>
>>10934582
Well for one thing space elevator is a tripfag. Second, they did find carbon nanotubes that isn't dangerous to breath in.
>>
>>10934557
We'll have entered a post-scarcity society almost overnight. Yeah still a few hurdles to overcome, but the major one would be done.
>>
>>10935294

Yes, "The Lady that Sailed the Soul" was a great short story and a pretty nice love story between two folks who were ever-so-slightly autistic in how they clinged to their own standards of propriety.
>>
Open the pod bay doors HAL.
>>
File: Ftl-time-travel-equivalence.gif (114KB, 323x402px) Image search: [Google]
Ftl-time-travel-equivalence.gif
114KB, 323x402px
>>
>>10935327
>isn't dangerous to breath in.
Let me rephrase this since I had just woke up. Only long thin carbon nanotubes are dangerous so far, “What we know is that some forms of nanotubes, particularly long, thin carbon nanotubes have the potential to cause mesothelomia [a form of lung cancer].”
http://www.techradar.com/news/future-tech/world-of-tech/carbon-nanotubes-may-house-asbestos-like-risks-370396

http://www.sciencefriday.com/segment/05/23/2008/nanotube-safety.html
>>
File: warp factor fuck you.jpg (27KB, 406x310px) Image search: [Google]
warp factor fuck you.jpg
27KB, 406x310px
>Alice and Bob are working on interstellar space travel techniques. Alice makes a spaceship that flies at 99.9% the speed of light, and decides to take off for the far reaches of space (it's only going to take her 66 subjective days to reach a star 4 light-years away, but over 4 years of earth time).

>Meanwhile, Bob keeps working. About 3 years after Alice left, Bob suddenly discovers instantaneous travel. Woohoo! So, he teleports over to Alice's ship to laugh at her.

>He shows up 45-ish days into Alice's travels. Does his gloating, and then offers to take her back with him. They then teleport back to Earth.

>But, here's the problem. According to Alice, Earth's timeframe had only advanced a small fraction of the 45 days -- to her, the Earth was going very slow. In fact, to her, the Earth had only rotated twice around its axis in the time she had left. Therefore, when they teleport back, they would be at 2 days after she left.

>This means Bob is now 3 years in his past.

>Hence, Faster-than-light made for time travel.
>>
>>10929620
But anon, Vulcans don't real.
>>
>>10935434
that doesn't make any sense
>>
>>10933343
I remember hearing about an old story about a train that went an impossible 80 MILES PER HOUR, and periodically had to stop every few minutes so the passenger's souls could catch up with their bodies.
>>
>>10935532
That's what happens when you start moving at infinite speed. What's even wackier is that at that point, you're considered to literally be at all places in space-time, which when you think about it a little makes it make a bit more sense- you can literally move faster than yourself, in some sense.
>>
>>10932411
The problem lies in the "Exotic Matter" which theoretically exist but no one has ever been able to find, and that system requires a lot of it, in the order of a few tons.

As of now we can't produce any significant amount of Antimatter something that we do know that exist and can create. So this "project" is, at least for me, just a ruse to get tax money.
>>
>>10935434
>according to alice
That timeframe would only apply wherever alice was located, not on Earth where in all actuality 3 years had already passed.
Shit tier bait.
>>
>>10935551
But that's not what happened in the story. 45 days passed for her but 3 years passed for him. So from that we can gather that when under warp time slows down. You're still moving forward in time albeit at a slower pace then someone not under warp. So when he teleports into her ship, he's now under the effects of slowed time. When he teleports out he's not going to be three years in the past
>>
File: STTOS_Sketch_Dynertia2.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
STTOS_Sketch_Dynertia2.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
892 replies, 15 images, and no one posts this.
>>
>>10935434
You're not making any sense. She wouldn't see the earth going slow, she'd see it going fast.
>>
File: 1372729811909.jpg (225KB, 1728x864px) Image search: [Google]
1372729811909.jpg
225KB, 1728x864px
>>10935620
Here I guess.
>>
>>10935657
She's moving away from the Earth, not towards. Photons would struggle to catch up with her.
>>
>>10935696
>what is the red shift

The speed of light is a constant, you know.
>>
>>10935696
Pretty sure that's not how it works. Isn't the whole reason why time dilation exists is to make sure light always appears to be moving at light speed?
>>
File: OrionRel[1].jpg (22KB, 750x232px) Image search: [Google]
OrionRel[1].jpg
22KB, 750x232px
>>10935725
Only light originating from your frame I think. Light from different frames would be distorted.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SR/Spaceship/spaceship.html
>>
File: 1390148407910.png (90KB, 358x383px) Image search: [Google]
1390148407910.png
90KB, 358x383px
>>10933056
>Imagine if there was a movie about the Wright Brothers flying their plane and coming back as demons because height connects you to hell or something. Would you want something like that?

Uh, that actually sounds amazing
>>
>>10936087

It would however be pretty hard to manage given the length of their first flight.

> On December 17, 1903, Orville Wright piloted the first powered airplane 20 feet above a wind-swept beach in North Carolina. The flight lasted 12 seconds and covered 120 feet.

You wouldn't even lose sight of them. Hell, you could hold your breath for the length of time it'd take for them to take off, land and possibly even come back to you - dependent on your lung size/stamina. Pretty hard to imagine how they could be infected during that.
>>
>>10936092
But, like Icarus, it would happen when they fly too high. Not just the first time they hop up in the air a little.
>>
>1600 hours
Unless he's also modelling the interior and systems, he's awful: This is a 50 hour job max.
>>
>>10936113
They were using government hours.
>>
3rd phase of Earth Engine expand?
>>
>>10936092
>Pretty hard to imagine how they could be infected during that.
The horrors of the King of The Air are beyond your imagination, mortal.
>>
>>10936099
The Wright story is problematic, since hot air balloons ascended to great heights above and beyond anything the Wright brothers ever did, over a hundred years earlier. And in the speed department, trains on the surface were far faster in those days. You'd have to spin it in a very different way or ignore the rest of history. Though the idea itself sounds amazing, I just can't figure how to spin it in a way that'd still adhere to the historical stuff.
>>
>>10937116
Easy.

With trains of that era you have the engineer overseeing the boiler and while he can control the speed he's confined to staying on man-made rails so it's technology which does the vast majority of the work. With hot air balloons you're able to control your altitude but you're still dependent on the different wind currents at different altitudes to carry you along so it's nature. In both cases there is a human operator but they don't have the freedom of control over the vehicle or craft like an airplane pilot does. It's that complete and total control that draws in angry demons that seek to possess you.
>>
>>10937146
Also scream about muh Babel Tower and the folly of man trying to reach heaven.
>>
>>10933056

fund this pls.
>>
>>10935744

So...there's no cool tunnel ala Trek or Wars?
>>
You can't go faster than light.

Even going exactly below the speed of light would make interstellar space travel unfeasible. Hell, even communicating with other ships or back earth would be ridiculous because of relativity, as well as returning back with materials/samples/whatever after who knows how many ages have passed back on earth.

It's gotta be teleportation or bust
>>
>>10933056
Flight doesn't break the regular laws of physics. FTL travel does. Or might. Depends on the theory really, but Event Horizon was one of those breaking the laws of physics ones.
>>
>>10938212
Yes you can, you just need imaginary/negative mass. Exceeding c then causes you to exist at all points in the universe simultaneously.
>>
>>10938248

I have tons of imaginary mass to spare, though. I can imagine some up right now, even! Why aren't I going FTL?
>>
File: image.jpg (3KB, 136x67px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3KB, 136x67px
For those interested, glorious formula to calculate Time Dilation.
>>
My tax dollars didn't go to pay for this did they?
>>
>>10938292
No, someone else's did. The government saw to it that your specific dollars were loaded into the barrel of an M16 and fired into a hillside.
>>
>>10938231
That's a little bit backwards. Event Horizon's engine was very specifically an engine that opened portals to Hell. Nobody realized that though (debatably, depending on how much you believe Weir knew, when). All anybody saw was the side effect - that doing so twice gave you FTL.

So it's not really as if EH went FTL, and then, somewhere in Hell, the ``HUMANS ARE BREAKING THE LAWS OF PHYSICS'' alarm went off, causing Beelzebub and a few of his buddies to show up and punish the crew. EH went to Hell just like an ICE burns gasoline, but as a side effect it broke the `laws' of physics.
>>
>>10938212
Most of these FTL drives aren't going close to the speed of light, they just give the impression of it. What they do is bend, twist, fold, compress space until you have a short distance to go to get to where you wanted to go. Then it undoes all of it and now you're where you wanted to be.
>>
>>10938292

Nah, they went to something useful - like beating up prisoners in illegal detention centers, building even more weapons that'll never be used, beefing up security at airports to prevent attacks that'll almost certainly never happen, rescuing banks and so on. God knows we need to fire even more money at that kind of stuff rather than expand our horizons and research technology that could actually be useful in the long run. Who would ever want that kind of thing?
>>
>>10939485
Yeah, it's ridiculous. People complain about welfare and NASA eating tax dollar, but in reality they don't even make up more than one or two percent of what the money actually gets spent on.
>>
>>10933056
>1903, Kitty Hawk
>priest at a pulpit
"And God gave us the Earth for our domain to use as we see fit... now I don't know about you..."
>Plane starts up
"But I don't see anything about the Air."
>Plane starts up and is rocketed into the sky as we hear a howling gale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rGkw4N2iPY
>THIS SUMMER
>Wilbur rushes to the crash site
"Orville! Good blazes, what happened?"
>Orville Wright is pale and clammy
"I am fine... brother."
>Orville's wife goes to her pastor
"I need your help Father, my husband he... he's not himself..."
>Orville carving flying demons on a piece of wood, muttering latin
>Wilbur gets confronted by some Steel manufacturers
"We've had it with your shenanigans, you hooligan! Your brother's unwell and you want to go and try again?"
"It was just an updraft. I assure you, your trains will still run, this plane can still fly..."
>Orville Wright painting his face in red and stalking women
"And my brother is of sound mind and body."
>stabbing and laughing, the woman screaming
"It's written in the Good Book! God is angry with us..."
>looking at angels weighing things down
"We were not damned for knowing the truth of gravity. We were damned for defying it!"
>Orville Wright's skin is purple and peeling and he's growing horns
"WE HAVE TO STOP THAT PLANE!!!"
"I don't understand, I am revolutionizing travel!"
"Yes, you don't understand. You don't understand what you've unleashed."
>Orville's body contorts and he vomits a black egg in a snarl
"Your brother is gone. Whatever he is, whatever that THING is, it's angry and it's coming for us..."
>Wilbur attacks his brother with a shovel, now with scaly wings
>cut to black
"And I don't think it's alone..."
>Demon!Orville roars at the sky as a swarm of demons falls from the heavens
>MAN
>MUST
>NEVER
>FLY
>Last Flight: The Kitty Hawk Massacre
>Rated R
>>
File: image.gif (14KB, 517x322px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
14KB, 517x322px
>>10938292
>>10939485
>>10939566
>1.46%
NASA NEEDS STOP WASTING TAX PAYER MONEY
>>
>>10939566

It's especially hilarious when you consider some of the retarded shit that the military has sunk money in to over the years in terms of weapons research and development (love bombs, strapping bombs to bats and dolphins etc) along with the various scandals that organizations like the CIA and FBI have (probably) been involved in like Iran-Contra and what have you. The military gets so much money that they literally just throw it anything so that their budget doesn't get reduced the following year. Meanwhile, NASA is basically begging for money for most of their projects, millions live on the streets and so on.
>>
>>10939593
>The military gets so much money that they literally just throw it anything so that their budget doesn't get reduced the following year.
This right here. Most people don't even realize it. My friend who served in the military has so many stories of commanding officers making sure they spent more budget than they actually needed for equipment/supplies just so that their budget allowance wouldn't get reduced in the future.
>>
>>10939612
Doesn't a single meal get bullshitt'ed up to like a $1,000 a peice?
>>
>>10939580
I love you.
>>
>>10939653
You have no idea. I did 7+ years as an aircraft maintainer for the USAF, would still be in if it wasn't for my illness. The overpriced shit we had to buy for aircraft parts, not to mention the fraud waste and abuse ie. our squadron bought 50" flat screens that sat in the storage room for years before someone finally did something with them. There's tons of that shit that goes on.

>>10939612
Yeah, I have a few of those stories to, but it's the name of the game even if I don't agree. It's easier to spend money on things you don't need then to beg and plead for money when you finally do need it.
>>
File: AWESOME.gif (566KB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
AWESOME.gif
566KB, 360x359px
>>10939580
>>
>>10939263

In other words, Space Folding? "Moving, without movement."
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.